PDA

View Full Version : Most important result in years?

Captain Trips
14-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Sadly it could be, a shame its not up the higher end of the SPL that we recieve a truly important result.

I think the difference between PF and CC are starting to show, I think we would have lost this with CC but Pat has now hopefully started to show his ability we have to build on this now and I think we can.

Get on the blower to Wolves get Leigh in that office and lets have this guy here for next few seasons, I believed in Leigh that he is a player and could be important for us, lets have another boost Hibs.

Well done today :flag:

matty_f
14-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Big result today, no doubt...but this has to be the start of the safety push. Neither the fans nor the players can think this is 'job done'.

Going to enjoy the win and i am delighted we got the points in what was a massive game but they'll count for nothing if we slip up next week.

Onwards and upwards Hibs.

Sir David Gray
14-01-2012, 06:38 PM
This was a massive 3 points for us today. Losing the match was unthinkable and even a draw wouldn't have been great.

Although I don't think the win today covers up the fact that we require major changes to the squad, what it hopefully will do is give everyone at the club a huge lift and that we can now look to pull away from Dunfermline.

Dashing Bob S
14-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Bad one for DAFC - hard to see where their next point will come from. Hearts, hopefully.

Time to forget relegation and concentrate on overhauling the nothing teams above us.

Sir David Gray
14-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Bad one for DAFC - hard to see where their next point will come from. Hearts, hopefully.

Time to forget relegation and concentrate on overhauling the nothing teams above us.

:agree: A top six place is surely nothing other than a formality now.

:greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-01-2012, 11:36 PM
With ICT winning, a defeat today would have been a disaster for Hibs, even though it's only January. Dunfermline's next three league games are all away from home, then they play the Huns at home. Having said that, like Hibs they have picked up the majority of their points away from home this season, so might be glad to be playing a few away games.

Either way, a huge win for Hibs today. :agree:

Sir David Gray
14-01-2012, 11:41 PM
With ICT winning, a defeat today would have been a disaster for Hibs, even though it's only January. Dunfermline's next three league games are all away from home, then they play the Huns at home. Having said that, like Hibs they have picked up the majority of their points away from home this season, so might be glad to be playing a few away games.

Either way, a huge win for Hibs today. :agree:

:agree: They've STILL not won at home in the league this season.

I'm just shocked that we've gone there twice now this season and we haven't been the ones to assist them in breaking their duck! :thumbsup:

I get the feeling that yesterday was their big chance to save their season and they blew it.

frazeHFC
15-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Huge result, one of the best away trips i have ever been on. Thought we had blown it at 2-2 but to score straight away was amazing. :thumbsup:

--------
15-01-2012, 02:56 PM
:agree: They've STILL not won at home in the league this season.

I'm just shocked that we've gone there twice now this season and we haven't been the ones to assist them in breaking their duck! :thumbsup:

I get the feeling that yesterday was their big chance to save their season and they blew it.

Well, we've only won once at ER in the League ourselves.

And next week we have St Johnstone there, and THEY've only lost once away from home in the League - oddly enough, to us ...

We REALLY need to get a good result next week, for sure.

Jones28
15-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Great result, great trip :flag:

Difficult games coming up though, Saints at home next weekend then Rangers at Ibrox. If we get 3 points against St J it would be great. Not expecting much against Rangers but you never know, they've been pish lately. Aberdeen at home will be the most important out of the 3 though, finally start pulling us up the table