PDA

View Full Version : Great response from Leigh

Greenblood70
14-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Well done lad, two goals in a crucial match.:flag::flag:

CallumLaidlaw
14-01-2012, 04:34 PM

And gave the fans a wee "not worthy" sign at the end.
Thought that was by far the best he's played in a hibs shirt

Wilson
14-01-2012, 04:39 PM

I've been critical of Leigh - saying mainly that his performances hadn't matched his reputation or status as player who should be looking to play at Premier League level.

He has really stepped up to the mark though so fair play to him :not worth

:not worth

greenlex
14-01-2012, 04:41 PM
I honestly think the laddie tries too hard at ER.

Jim44
14-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Pleased for the guy, but pity about the unnecessary yellow card. :rolleyes:

Greenblood70
14-01-2012, 04:52 PM
I honestly think the laddie tries too hard at ER.

Agree with you there G, he seems to lose a bit of composure as a result. Hopefully he'll relax a bit and start to enjoy it now he knows he's here til the end of the season. Could end up being a vital bit of business that keeps us in this league imo.

leither17
14-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Pleased for the guy, but pity about the unnecessary yellow card. :rolleyes:

why was he booked?

nonshinyfinish
14-01-2012, 05:17 PM
why was he booked?

Kicking the ball away - booted it over the stand according to the radio.

col02
14-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Quality player with the potential to get even better imho. To think some people reckon he is not worth £150k too! If he keeps playing the way he has been recently then it will cost a lot more than that to purchase him. Now he has found his feet playing first team football in the Spl I think we will see him kick on week after week. We have three strikers on our books who are very handy imho if we can sort the defence out then I feel we can kick on a wee bit.

dirtydirk
14-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Thought he was class for us today and shows loads of passion but just needs to stop the silly stuff like winding up other fans and when he booted the ball away today. Hope we sign him on a permanent deal

Baldy Foghorn
14-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Boy in front of me, booed him regarding his corners first half, I quickly pulled boy up for it, to which he replied "I pay his wages", did not recognise the boy as being employed by the club...confused:

We have some real halfwits in our support at times.....Boy was quiet after LG banged in two though....Thank god the boy paid LG's wages today:confused:

matty_f
14-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Boy in front of me, booed him regarding his corners first have, I quickly pulled bot up for it, to which he replied "I pay his wages", did not recognise the boy as being employed by the club....:confused:

We have some real halfwits in our support at times.....Boy was quiet after LG banged in two though....Thank god the boy paid LG's wages today:confused:

It's amazing how far folk think their £400 goes towards paying wages. Lucky if you'd get Leigh's right foot for the week for that!!

Saorsa
14-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Well done Leigh :flag: very important goals :agree:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/leighandGarry2.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/leighandGarry1.jpg

DaveF
14-01-2012, 05:55 PM
I criticised him last week for his actions, so only right to give him credit for a great performance today.

More of the same please - brilliant to see him deliver the goods like he did :agree:

Sir David Gray
14-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Boy in front of me, booed him regarding his corners first half, I quickly pulled boy up for it, to which he replied "I pay his wages", did not recognise the boy as being employed by the club...confused:

It's amazing how far folk think their £400 goes towards paying wages. Lucky if you'd get Leigh's right foot for the week for that!!

Without season ticket money, though, players like Leigh Griffiths wouldn't be at Hibs and season ticket holders do make a contribution in paying wages.

It doesn't matter how significant the contribution is, I do think that paying fans have a right to criticise players when they see them not playing well.

It works both ways, though. Griffiths did well today and deserves to be praised for his contribution to the team.

leither17
14-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Without season ticket money, though, players like Leigh Griffiths wouldn't be at Hibs and season ticket holders do make a contribution in paying wages.

It doesn't matter how significant the contribution is, I do think that paying fans have a right to criticise players when they see them not playing well.

It works both ways, though. Griffiths did well today and deserves to be praised for his contribution to the team.

will we be paying his wages not always the case when a player is loaned out?

stoneyburn hibs
14-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Rate/Rated him for a while now, hopefully we can have him at ER for longer than this season, as said in a previous post this guy really does try to hard at ER , yes he may have an attitude re;cowden and his kicking the ball away booking today but if that is to be part of his make-up as long as he is scoring then so be it for me, and did fenlon play a master stroke with him as in what he said about him post cowden game ?

LeithBoozy
14-01-2012, 08:12 PM
I was thinking about what Fenlon was saying about finding it difficult getting players in due to our poor position in the league. There is no doubt in my mind that Leigh and Garry could have been playing elsewhere for more money and only a strong feeling for the Hibs has brought them to us. Those players are hard to find nowadays, so a lot of respect is due them IMO.:flag:

Hiber-nation
14-01-2012, 08:27 PM

Might have been be the moron who sits behind me in the West Lower....seems that slagging off Griffiths is the sole reason he buys a ST. :crazy:

franks
14-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Great response too from the fans. After last week there could have been a negative re-action. I was down near the front during the warm up and there was a lot of support for LG which he obviously appreciated. He then went on to pay us back big style. We're family, we fall out but when it really matters we're family.