PDA

View Full Version : Francomb

hibernianyank
14-01-2012, 05:19 PM
How did the big guy play?

The_Horde
14-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Looks to have something about him. Seems tricky and good on the ball, something tells me he's not been signed to play at right back.

nonshinyfinish
14-01-2012, 05:21 PM
How did the big guy play?

Awful, not Hibs class.

Wait, where am I? :confused:

CallumLaidlaw
14-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Comfortable running with the ball. Looks to have a bit of skill about him

stokesmessiah
14-01-2012, 05:23 PM
;3074391']Looks to have something about him. Seems tricky and good on the ball, something tells me he's not been signed to play at right back.

I am pretty sure he has, i think it was just the circumstances that dictated where he played today. In fact i am sure in their interviews they both said he was here primarily as a RB and PF def said he was a natural RB.

Jim44
14-01-2012, 05:28 PM
I am pretty sure he has, i think it was just the circumstances that dictated where he played today. In fact i am sure in their interviews they both said he was here primarily as a RB and PF def said he was a natural RB.

He'll have to fight really hard to win the RB position from Hart. :rolleyes:

wazoo1875
14-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Looked comfortable on the ball, played with his head up and looked for a pass. I like the look of him and agree with the previous poster who said he may not have been brought in to play at right back.

GGTTH

Hibees07
14-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Really impressed with this guy, looks a player and could form a decent midfield with Ozzy & Stevenson.
Desperately require full backs & Centre Half, it was a bombscare everytime Dunfermline attacked.

FastEddieFelson
14-01-2012, 05:49 PM
he actually looks like a professional footballer

Cropley10
14-01-2012, 05:55 PM
he actually looks like a professional footballer

Will be quality. Mark my words.

Spike Mandela
14-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Will be quality. Mark my words.

Don't rush to judgement, many said the same about Victor Palsson after game 1.

whiskyhibby
14-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Thought he looked really calm and collected on the ball today, some nice touches too

Halifaxhibby
14-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Looks like a player, very composed on the ball, plays with his head up,some nice touches as well. :top marks

Andy74
14-01-2012, 06:45 PM
;3074391']Looks to have something about him. Seems tricky and good on the ball, something tells me he's not been signed to play at right back.

He was signed to play for Hibs.

Fenlon has been saying its important whoever comes in is flexible enough to be used in other positions.

Hart seems to have done quite well the last two games, although I didn't see who wasn't marking well enough at their first.

Irish_Steve
14-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Don't rush to judgement, many said the same about Victor Palsson after game 1.

Yep, don`t want another player coming down with Palssonitis

Carheenlea
14-01-2012, 08:46 PM
A good debut. In the short time he was on the park he looks like being a good acquisition. Looking forward to seeing more and will be interesting to see where Pat will play him.

Winston Ingram
14-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Palssonitis = **** management

Dirkster23
14-01-2012, 08:50 PM
He was signed to play for Hibs.

Fenlon has been saying its important whoever comes in is flexible enough to be used in other positions.

Hart seems to have done quite well the last two games, although I didn't see who wasn't marking well enough at their first.

Pretty sure it was Hart at fault for the first today.

frazeHFC
14-01-2012, 08:51 PM
He looked really comfortbable and reckon even at RM again he can replace Sproule. Looks like he will be a good addition for the rest of his loan. :thumbsup:

greenlex
14-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Just saw it. Between Hart and Brown they both could have done better IMO.

S4uzee
14-01-2012, 09:31 PM
you can see he is technically good straight away and looks to be a good signing

CallumLaidlaw
14-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Just saw it. Between Hart and Brown they both could have done better IMO.

Thought that at the game. Brown could've come for it but hart lost his man

Scouse Hibee
14-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Thought that at the game. Brown could've come for it but hart lost his man

Keepers ball all day!

Pedantic_Hibee
14-01-2012, 10:24 PM
If Palsson and Thornhill were to be signed by Fenlon, one suspects they'd have been of far more importance and value than the players Fenlon inherited.

I'm straying off topic here but I honestly think Calderwood's signings were by and large good players who were not managed properly enough or strictly enough.

Wee Paddy's gonna sort us out.

Dinkydoo
14-01-2012, 10:33 PM

Been really, really critical of Hart myself recently but from where I was sitting it looked like he cleared the ball off the line at 2 - 2. So credit where credits due and all that, he helped us get the result we did today.

Sammy7nil
15-01-2012, 12:52 AM
Looks like a player, very composed on the ball, plays with his head up,some nice touches as well. :top marks

He only played 20 mins and it was only against a very poor Pars team but if:greengrin he played like that week on week and ran in to the box he would be a legend :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
15-01-2012, 12:55 AM
If Palsson and Thornhill were to be signed by Fenlon, one suspects they'd have been of far more importance and value than the players Fenlon inherited.

I'm straying off topic here but I honestly think Calderwood's signings were by and large good players who were not managed properly enough or strictly enough.

Wee Paddy's gonna sort us out.

I know what you mean. Stevenson has looked better for a start.

Palsson for one seemed to fit the managers "not that bothered" Attitude.

IWasThere2016
15-01-2012, 01:01 AM

:agree:

monktonharp
15-01-2012, 01:24 AM
He only played 20 mins and it was only against a very poor Pars team but if:greengrin he played like that week on week and ran in to the box he would be a legend :greengrin I was trying to figure out how long he was on the park, and knew it was not very long but mates around me discussing him thought he was a player.looks the real deal, and the question has to be, RB or not RB? although he played through the middle, and his touch,passes, and drive were all exellent for the short period he was on.

StarMan10
15-01-2012, 01:27 AM
he looked good. Very composed and decent on the ball but if he has been bought to play at right back then you can't really judge him in terms of defensive awareness and positioning which can often be a problem with young defenders. fingers crossed though!

monktonharp
15-01-2012, 01:32 AM
he looked good. Very composed and decent on the ball but if he has been bought to play at right back then you can't really judge him in terms of defensive awareness and positioning which can often be a problem with young defenders. fingers crossed though!quite true, but remember, he's only on loan. I did mention that Fenlon has yet to say where he's gonna play him but he does look comfortable on the ball.

Pedantic_Hibee
15-01-2012, 02:04 AM
quite true, but remember, he's only on loan. I did mention that Fenlon has yet to say where he's gonna play him but he does look comfortable on the ball.

Fenlon did say he's a natural right back, but then said he gives us an added option so who knows.

Still, if he's a natural right back, play him at RB. :agree: