Persevere80
14-01-2012, 04:01 PM
What a game, what a win!

SteveHFC
14-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Hibees Are Back!!!

Hibs7
14-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Still need a strong centre half to control the 18 yd box.

nonshinyfinish
14-01-2012, 04:16 PM
:pfgwa

Lofarl
14-01-2012, 04:16 PM
No O'Hanlon. Coincidence?

Don Giovanni
14-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Massive game. Massive win. Well done Pat.

Now onwards and upwards Hibs.

Greenblood70
14-01-2012, 04:17 PM
I like the cut of Fenlon's jib. Seems to be trying to change the mentality of the club and slowly but surely we're seeing the green shoots of recovery. That's twice in two weeks we've shown an un Hibs like ability to come back from adversity. Not getting carried away as I think major surgery is needed on the defence but lets just enjoy the win.

stokesmessiah
14-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Hibees Are Back!!!

Are you posting this on every thread including the one you made up? :greengrin

mixumatosis
14-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Indeed, well done Pat. Said before the game his priority was the win and was true to his word, he's got his reward for being brave enough in the circumstances to go for it.

Feel the players deserve their share of the credit too, since they've shown the fortitude to come from a goal behind and to go on and win after being pegged back. Plenty of folk have used terms like gutless, lack of fight and don't care with regard to the squad this term and I don't dispute that on the evidence prior to today, but they've shown a bit of determination today & deserve credit for it IMO.

lyonhibs
14-01-2012, 04:26 PM

O'Hanlon or not, the defence still needs to improve massively.

nonshinyfinish
14-01-2012, 04:28 PM
O'Hanlon or not, the defence still needs to improve massively.

Indeed. The defence were bailed out by the attack today.

Bob Box Fish
14-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Excellent result, hope he gets to bring in another three or four players - centre half and midfielder at very least.

Largshibby
14-01-2012, 04:39 PM
When the Board are considering what financial support to give Pat in the remainder of the transfer window I really hope they take account of 3 things after today.

Look - at the size of the Hibs support despite our problems

Listen - to the noise they made despite our problems and, above all

Think - about where the club could go with a bit more investment in the team.

An improved league position and more paying punters would recoup most/all of the outlay.

greenlex
14-01-2012, 04:47 PM
When the Board are considering what financial support to give Pat in the remainder of the transfer window I really hope they take account of 3 things after today.

An improved league position and more paying punters would recoup most/all of the outlay.

I think the size of the support was because of the problems. IE where we are in the league. If we were mid table you could knock a thousand or more off our numbers.
The noise they made will have no bearing on investment. There is no correlation what so ever.
I think they are aware of the possibilities. Thats why we have a new East Stand.

NAE NOOKIE
14-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Well done Pat, but well done the players too, in what was certainly a 6 pointer.

But lets no kid oorselves here, the rest of this season is about staying in the SPL with a view to getting to the summer, at which time a massive overhaul of this team from the back to the midfield is needed, in our last 2 matches we have lost 4 goals to a 2nd division club and the club with the equal worst scoring record in the SPL with us.

Thats not negative ..... its just a fact.

Still .... Well done lads.

:flag:

Bobo
14-01-2012, 05:14 PM
A very good result today for a number of reasons...

1. It produced a long over-due win and 3 vital points ... boosts confidence.
2. It showed strength of character to come back from a goal down ... boosts confidence.
3. It showed strength of character to go on and get the winner after being pegged back so late on ... boosts confidence.
4. It creates a small gap between us and Dunfermline ... eases a little pressure ... boosts confidence.

Fenlon mentioned that he wanted to instil some character and belief in the dressin groom; maybe the supporters who attended East End today have just witnessed the first glimmer of this happening?

My only concern is the lack of possession again. If we want to start dominating games we need to keep the ball and if we have it our opponents can't hurt us. Hopefully Paddy can address this in the games to come.

The win may not have been by a convincing margin or achieved with the flair that we'd like to have seen but it produced the 3 points we desperately needed. I'll take a scrappy victory in every game for now if it helps get us out this mess.

Onwards and upwards.

cad
14-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Well done to Pat and the players , .

Mr Hart gets it tight from many folk on here me included, so well done today with your goal line clearance .

Pedantic_Hibee
14-01-2012, 05:23 PM
A very good result today for a number of reasons...

1. It produced a long over-due win and 3 vital points ... boosts confidence.
2. It showed strength of character to come back from a goal down ... boosts confidence.
3. It showed strength of character to go on and get the winner after being pegged back so late on ... boosts confidence.
4. It creates a small gap between us and Dunfermline ... eases a little pressure ... boosts confidence.

Fenlon mentioned that he wanted to instil some character and belief in the dressin groom; maybe the supporters who attended East End today have just witnessed the first glimmer of this happening?

My only concern is the lack of possession again. If we want to start dominating games we need to keep the ball and if we have it our opponents can't hurt us. Hopefully Paddy can address this in the games to come.

The win may not have been by a convincing margin or achieved with the flair that we'd like to have seen but it produced the 3 points we desperately needed. I'll take a scrappy victory in every game for now if it helps get us out this mess.

Onwards and upwards.

Aye, yer right, there's nothing worse than witnessing a nervous husband-to-be putting his wedding suit on.......... :wink:

Bobo
14-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Aye, yer right, there's nothing worse than witnessing a nervous husband-to-be putting his wedding suit on.......... :wink:

:tee hee:

lucky
14-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Well done to Pat. Unfair to criticise any player today. Great support and loved the fact that Pat led the players over to fans.

BEEJ
14-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Fantastic result! :thumbsup: And back-to-back wins. :flag::flag:

Great result for PF and the lads!

Now let's see a CH recruited this week before next week's match against St Johnstone.

Baldy Foghorn
14-01-2012, 05:45 PM

Stephens (apart from a few errant passes) was suberb, a rock for us at centre half........

SneakersO'Toole
14-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Stephens (apart from a few errant passes) was suberb, a rock for us at centre half........

Absolutely spot on. He was very good.

Won everythin in the air even though the referee gave him nothing all game.

Billy Whizz
14-01-2012, 06:05 PM

On 1st impressions I thought he was responsable for the 1st goal, but did well in the 2nd half

Wotherspiniesta
14-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Massive credit to the players and the manager today. We needed that victory. Let's hope we can bring in a few more players and kick on up the league :pfgwa

givescotlandfreedom
14-01-2012, 06:16 PM
On 1st impressions I thought he was responsable for the 1st goal, but did well in the 2nd half

I thought at the game it was Brown's ball to claim.

Sir David Gray
14-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Massive 3 points for us today.

I just hope that we can push on now and pull away from Dunfermline.

I'm not expecting miracles and today shouldn't mask the fact that there is a still a huge job to be done at Hibs but it's a small step on the road to recovery.

EasterRoad4Ever
14-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Pleased for PF.

The more I hear him speak, the more impressed I become. He's level headed in defeat and victory, objectively analyses the match and Hibs performance without giving too much credit to the opposition, is able to pinpoint pluses and problems without resorting to the usual footy rhetoric, isn't is a rebel rouser (Hughes) or act like a disaffected observer (Calderwood). Listening to Fenlon just highlights what we've had to suffer from the previous 2 clowns.

Kaiser1962
14-01-2012, 06:40 PM

There was double that crowd at East End park in 97-98.

Cropley10
14-01-2012, 06:41 PM
I think the size of the support was because of the problems. IE where we are in the league. If we were mid table you could knock a thousand or more off our numbers.
The noise they made will have no bearing on investment. There is no correlation what so ever.
I think they are aware of the possibilities. Thats why we have a new East Stand.

You are right in one regard but the place and the supporters mostly need a lift. A signing who will make us think, aye he's a player. It can be done and I hope the Board recognise what we're all needing right now.

SMAXXA
14-01-2012, 07:08 PM

And he was playing well before he got dropped which came as a real shock to me, now back in and doing well again. I think he has to be the 1st ch on the team sheet out of what we have at the moment.

Get in there though, no felt this good after a Hibsa game for well feels like forever :pfgwa