PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Dunfermline 2 v 3 Hibernian F.T.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Forza Fred
14-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Well done HIbs..and to all who travelled through to give support.

We simply HAD to win..and we did.

Several nervous moments though.

Now we can all get to sleep ..its 4am here!

London Hibs FC
14-01-2012, 04:05 PM
God, that was an ordeal from 450 miles away. I can only imagine what it was like being at EEP.

Mission "SPL Safety" is ON!!!

This, nearly a cardiac arrest...... seriously, I'm still shaking!

Tricla
14-01-2012, 04:07 PM
You've said that about all of his dives this season.

For the poster who said the commentator said it was a pen, the one I was listening to didn't think so.

All of his dives? :confused:

I think you are referring to the difference of opinion we had about the incident during the ICT game. That's the incident that 99% of people said should have been a pen rather than a booking. The other incident that springs to mind is the one that he was tried for and found not guilty of.

I think if you look again you'll see that more than one poster has said it should have been a pen today rather than a booking. These are guys listening to the game as well as guys who were there.

I'm not getting in to another debate with you about this as you clearly have something against our top scorer.

Well done today Hibs and well done PF.

Bristolhibby
14-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Was telling my Dad about that. He was at the game, heard soccer Sat then his text ce through saying it was two each.

I call him, he thinks it's me wanting to find out what went on for the Pars second. It was still pandemonium when I got through to him. He was then trying to tell me that it was 2-3.

Brilliant!

J

watching soccer satarday .... goes to EEP scoreline pops up 2-2 and describing the equliser. queue a lot of swearing from me. pregnant missus on the cough reading a mag.... commentator screams GOAL!!!! HIBS. TURN AND SHOOT. surprised she never went into early labour, hit the roof :thumbsup:

:pfgwa:flag::flag::pfgwa

ajay4hibs
14-01-2012, 04:09 PM
listening on bbc, and dunfermline equalise, heads in hands..... then commentator shouts GOAL!! and my mothers knee is taken out by me jumping in the kitchen!! :flag:

--------
14-01-2012, 04:10 PM
All of his dives? :confused:

I think you are referring to the difference of opinion we had about the incident during the ICT game. That's the incident that 99% of people said should have been a pen rather than a booking. The other incident that springs to mind is the one that he was tried for and found not guilty of.

I think if you look again you'll see that more than one poster has said it should have been a pen today rather than a booking. These are guys listening to the game as well as guys who were there.

I'm not getting in to another debate with you about this as you clearly have something against our top scorer.

:agree:

Garry isn't a diver. If even the BBC commentators reckon it was a pen, it was almost ceretainly a pen.

Bishop Hibee
Great result. A vital 3 points especially given ICT winning. Not getting carried away though, we desperately need a leader at the back.

I'll enjoy a celebratory beer tonight though.

London Hibs FC
We can all take a deep breath and relax.:flag:

Aye right, your fault I'm in this state :wink: :greengrin

greenlex
14-01-2012, 04:11 PM

Garry isn't a diver. If even the BBC commentators reckon it was a pen, it was almost ceretainly a pen.
The BBC guy was Stephen Glass that reckoned it was a pen. :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
14-01-2012, 04:14 PM

For the poster who said the commentator said it was a pen, the one I was listening to didn't think so.

What were you listening to? On the BBC Stephen Glass said he thought it was a pen, and the main commentator agreed with him.

killie-hibby
14-01-2012, 04:19 PM

Radio Scotland (internet) commentator said it was a penalty.

CropleyWasGod
14-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Radio Scotland (internet) commentator said it was a penalty.

Open All Mikes one thought it wasn't. That will be the confusion.

greenlex
14-01-2012, 04:20 PM
What were you listening to? On the BBC Stephen Glass said he thought it was a pen, and the main commentator agreed with him.
Also see Callum Laidlaws raging thread.

nonshinyfinish
14-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Open All Mikes one thought it wasn't. That will be the confusion.

Open All Mics is rancid, they can GTF. :greengrin

SaulGoodman
14-01-2012, 04:27 PM
How did Doyle play? didn't get a goal but sounded like he got on the ball a lot and put plenty crosses in.

CallumLaidlaw
14-01-2012, 04:37 PM
How did Doyle play? didn't get a goal but sounded like he got on the ball a lot and put plenty crosses in.

Always looking to make runs. Looks to make clever knock downs. Like the look of him

NAE NOOKIE
14-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Brilliant to get a win.

When you listen to Hibs on line you sometimes wonder if they have turned up coz you hardly hear a Hibs players name mentioned during the commentary, but during this game, and especially 2nd half, for the most part all you got was Hibs players mentioned.

It sounded to me like we had loads of posession and even if we had drawn it would have sounded to me at least that we had done enough to win the game.

Well done Hibs !!

:greengrin

Cropley10
14-01-2012, 04:59 PM

Thought he was very good. Will improve too.

whiskyhibby
14-01-2012, 05:02 PM
I was in the stand right in line with GOC in my opinion he dived

whiskyhibby
14-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I was in the stand right in line with GOC in my opinion he dived

Sorry talking about the penalty claim in the last few minutes :-))

skipster7
14-01-2012, 05:06 PM

cant comment on today, but Gary had 3 embarrasing dives at pittodrie then another a couple of weeks ago.He has been going down far too easy imo.Dont know if it was due to lack of sharpness and taking the easy option:confused: He just needs to concentrate on keeping fit & sticking it in the net.Glad he got a goal today :hibees

essexhibee
14-01-2012, 05:10 PM
So happy at the result! Mon the hibees!!!!!!!

Does anyone know of any photos from the game? Need a new wallpaper :greengrin:greengrin

whiskyhibby
14-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Ps support were great today !!

yorkshire hib
14-01-2012, 05:15 PM
great result today. we are back:pfgwa

LancashireHibby
14-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Huge result, nothing else matters today.

Wotherspiniesta
14-01-2012, 05:33 PM
We might aswell pack up and go home now. No way this team has the bottle to get back into this.

I told you last week prick! You're making this place insufferable!

ginger_rice
14-01-2012, 05:36 PM
I told you last week prick! You're making this place insufferable!

Maybe you should start the match threads from now on by slagging the team off :wink::wink: That's two weeks in a row you've come up with the goods :aok:

Wotherspiniesta
14-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Maybe you should start the match threads from now on by slagging the team off :wink::wink: That's two weeks in a row you've come up with the goods :aok:

No. no, no.

This is working out rather well the way it is. :pfgwa

Besides, I started a match day thread once .........and we got beat by Carlisle! :greengrin

R'Albin
14-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Just back from the game. Brilliant :thumbsup: The game itself was pretty poor up until the last 20 mins or so. I would say overall we deserved the win...

Their 1st goal I don't know what the hell Brown was doing. People have a go at Stack for not coming out for crosses but he would have dealt with that. Poor keeping, and how many times do we concede early goals!?

Our 1st was a good finish from Leigh, great dummy from Osbourne as well. Second was a really good finish from Gaz as well. The talent is obviously there just needs to screw the nut.

The thing for me today though was when we conceded afterwards I thought we were going to collapse. But we didn't and although the keeper probably should have saved it it was great to see us battle back.

The crowd were absolutely fantastic today as well. Great numbers(more than the home support?) and supportive of the team. Stewards handled the numbers pretty well to be fair and were letting folk out to get pies and that which I thought was good.

Was a good day all in all and I don't think we will go down now. Vital result today! :pfgwa

Northernhibee
14-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Was just reading through the Pars version of .net to read their interpretation of the game, couple of posters saying how Sparky has a face they'd never tire of punching, bringing up stuff about his family, stuff about Gaz re: the stonewaller penalty and "His form" (when TV replays showed contact between him and the defender on that game where there was a clamour to ban him from all quarters).

All I can say to those individuals is:

GIRFUY! Enjoy your first division football next year! :na na::scarf::loser:

Lucius Apuleius
15-01-2012, 08:22 AM
Said it before and will say it again in the future no doubt. These threads are hilarious to read after a game, especially when we have lost an early goal. Some of the negative comments are brilliant only for the poster having to change their minds. :-)