PDA

View Full Version : Backseat Bill

snooky
14-01-2012, 10:43 AM
We haven't heard much from BB since Nutsy took over. He's kinda taken a back seat media-wise.
It would be interesting to hear his views on how things have changed in terms of training and tactics since CC was jettisoned.
Also, is he a turkey waiting for Christmas or with us for the long run? (Maybe only PF can answer that one).

smurf
14-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Both hugged each other at FT last week. If BB is making a significant contribution as far as PF is concerned then I'm sure he will be retained....

jdships
14-01-2012, 12:29 PM
We haven't heard much from BB since Nutsy took over. He's kinda taken a back seat media-wise.
It would be interesting to hear his views on how things have changed in terms of training and tactics since CC was jettisoned.
Also, is he a turkey waiting for Christmas or with us for the long run? (Maybe only PF can answer that one).

What do you base that statement on - have you heard something ?

Another negative post :rolleyes:

snooky
14-01-2012, 12:36 PM

Didn't mean to come across as negative.
I'll re-phrase it ....
Is BB here for the short term or long term as he has been very quiet of late.
(Just for you jds.:aok:)

FWIW, I've heard zilch & I'd like BB to stay.

easty
14-01-2012, 12:36 PM

I didnt see it as a negative post. Maybe if you've got a negative disposition you'll just see the negative in everything.:rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
14-01-2012, 12:39 PM
As soon as Jeffries gets a job he'll be off.

SquashedFrogg
14-01-2012, 12:43 PM

So he's here for the long term then?:cb

jdships
14-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Didn't mean to come across as negative.
I'll re-phrase it ....
Is BB here for the short term or long term as he has been very quiet of late.
(Just for you jds.:aok:)

FWIW, I've heard zilch & I'd like BB to stay.

Thanks for that and I take your point and me too for the quote :thumbsup:

easty
I didnt see it as a negative post. Maybe if you've got a negative disposition you'll just see the negative in everything.

Suggest you read Snooky's post and his reply :greengrin
Quite the opposite while I am far from being a "happy clapper" I try and see the positive in most things that being the way I live my life

S.sct
14-01-2012, 09:19 PM
TBH I felt very uneasy seeing BB in the dugout for the first few games but I'm cool with him now. There needs to be a culture change within the club and I think BB's influence could be very important. For me I hope he is retained in what I feel is looking like a good management team.

Famous Fiver
14-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Slightly off topic but Tam McCourt appears to have survived the Fenlon cull.

Took a bow at the end too!!

Must be doing a good job.

Greentinted
14-01-2012, 10:36 PM

I think you're probably right. However, did JJ not say in some interview recently that he's in no hurry to return to work (this was after we appointed PF)?
At the time BB joined us I was a bit, I think the new word is 'meh'. But since the managerial makeover I'm happy to see him be lower profile as long as the gaffer views him as an asset.