PDA

View Full Version : O Connor staying at Hibs?

vercol36
14-01-2012, 08:26 AM
From today's Daily Record:

Hibs boss Pat Fenlon wants to tie up Garry O'Connor on a long-term deal. Jan 14 2012 (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2012/01/14/) by Chris Roberts
HIBS are looking to tie up Garry O’Connor on a long-term deal rather than sell him this month.
The striker is out of contract in the summer but Record Sport understands Hibs are looking to extend his current deal.
O’Connor is loving life back at Easter Road yet rumours are rife the Scotland hitman could head south to sign for Coventry City.
Hibs boss Pat Fenlon insists that is nonsense and stressed he is desperate to keep him.
Fenlon said: “There is no latest on Garry because we don’t want him to go anywhere and we haven’t heard anything.
“I have had no approach from anywhere and that suits me because I definitely want to keep him. I don’t want him to go anywhere.”
Fenlon is also looking to land John Sutton, who has been told he can leave Hearts, but says he is still waiting to hear back from the Jambos after making an approach for the striker.
Meanwhile, Hibs yesterday announced the release of Ghanaian Junior Agogo after less than six months at Easter Road. He is the third player to have been released as many days.

Brebners Bookie
14-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Gaz on a 2/3 year deal would be quality. Didnt think they were even considering this.

Phil MaGlass
14-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Alot of positives coming out of ER at the moment, need to keep the momentum going, wether we can keep him is another matter, but nice to hear we want to keep him.

spike220
14-01-2012, 09:27 AM
This is fantastic news!!!!

GOC is pure quality!

Lets hope this bit of business gets done and celebrate today with a decent win!

GGTTH

Delboy*
14-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Good news and Im liking the things im hearing from Pat Fenlon.

I do think though that it all depends if Hibs are big enough for Garry's ego and if the wages are enough for him (if there are other clubs that can pay more).
Yes I know that he's a big Hibs fan n i would like him to stay as we would be in a right mess without his goals so far this season, but i do think he is defenitely past his prime.
Thats not to say hes not good enough, far from it. I just actually think that staying at Hibs is the best thing for him at this stage of his career. I dont see him getting in the first team as readilly as he does at Hibs if he moves to a so called "bigger club".

Fenlon says he is getting over this injury and is moving more freely than hes seen since his arrival.
I hope this is the case as his mobility has been a bit suspect and a mobile/sharp Oconnor would be fantastic!

Mon the Hibs!

:aok:

eastmainsmsh
14-01-2012, 09:40 AM
dont think Garry has been as daft with his Wonga as made out

Be Great if he signed a new deal :thumbsup:

Everybody makes mistakes part of life

Hopefully he can do what is his game banging them in again as when fit and on song one of the best

SneakersO'Toole
14-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Only worth keeping if his attitute changes IMO.

Golden Bear
14-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Garry seems to be a legend in his own mind.

He's an asset to the team if he can get himself fit again and sort out all the off the field nonsense. I hope that's not too big an ask.

And oh aye -------- Garry you need to practice your diving as it's none too convincing right now.:wink:

snooky
14-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Garry seems to be a legend in his own mind.

He's an asset to the team if he can get himself fit again and sort out all the off the field nonsense. I hope that's not too big an ask.

And oh aye -------- Garry you need to practice your driving as it's none too convincing right now.:wink:

Aye that tae.

The_Todd
14-01-2012, 10:06 AM
It's good news, but the cynic in me insists this is just to push up the asking price.

spike220
14-01-2012, 10:11 AM
It's good news, but the cynic in me insists this is just to push up the asking price.

Nowt wrong with that, it means 1. We may keep him longer. 2. When he does go we will be handsomely rewarded.

GGTTH

Petrie's Tache
14-01-2012, 10:11 AM

Agreed, especially when we are being linked with moves for Sutton and the lad from Falkirk on a pre-contract.

Bob Box Fish
14-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Would be fantastic if he stays.

I reckon if Jelavic leaves Rangers they may come in for him. If not we can hopefully keep him to the summer.

ScottB
14-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Based on the fact that the Coventry City story was I thought, a lot of nonsense posted on here, I'd have to suspect this story is a lot of nonsense made up by the Record. Shock :wink:

I wouldn't be offering him squat till he both stops telling anyone that'll listen that he wants to move to Rangers, and his legal issues are resolved.