PDA

View Full Version : A good example of supporter communications - food for thought at Hibs?

TheEastTerrace
14-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Flicking through my Twitter feed earlier and was pointed in the direction of this post by Everton's Chief Executive on the club's website.

I found this an extremely refreshing approach to club communications during a time where Everton and their supporters are in some disagreement about the ambition of the club and their financial situation - the realities of running a club are there for all to see and their position clearly explained

http://evertonfc.com/evertoninteractive/where-the-money-goes

I know there's been discussion between the club and .Net over hosting a supporters Q&A to discuss issues and I think this is welcomed by Hibs fans

However I wonder if the club took more of an open and transparent approach to club communications more regularly, such as the example above, there would be less rumour and conjecture amongst supporters? I'm not saying everyone will always agree but surely it better to be debating the facts rather than fiction? Doesn't just have to be solely on finances, could be any issue - and could be positive news as well (perish the thought)

Anyways, food for thought

Off to EEP later - hopefully a big result for the Hibbies!

Cheers

Andy74
14-01-2012, 09:00 AM
We are told every year where the money goes. It will never stop people with their own ideas though.

Cabbage East
14-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Isn't English football just amazing!

:rolleyes:

TheEastTerrace
14-01-2012, 09:20 AM
We are told every year where the money goes. It will never stop people with their own ideas though.

Agree - the point I was hoping to make was more about the use of the blog to communicate with fans. Could be on any issue, including finances.

TheEastTerrace
14-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Isn't English football just amazing!

:rolleyes:

I didn't post the example because Everton are in the Premier League. They just happen to be there.