PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon speaks about the Radio

SteveHFC
14-01-2012, 01:44 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4060307/Now-Hibees-are-on-my-wavelength.html#ixzz1jOPPzs1X

BEEJ
14-01-2012, 11:05 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4060307/Now-Hibees-are-on-my-wavelength.html#ixzz1jOPPzs1X
The Sportsound team last week seemed excited by the prospect of Hibs being on the end of a cup defeat from Cowdenbeath. Almost desperate for it to happen.

The only way to shut them up is to start winning games again and get ourselves back up the SPL table.

Aldo
14-01-2012, 11:10 AM
They are very anti Hibs IMHO and don't listen to the programme and won't listen to the programme again as long as that prick Preston is on.

GIRFUT

Spike Mandela
14-01-2012, 11:51 AM
There were plenty on here predicting our demise as well to be fair. :wink:

Good to see Fenlon using this as a motivator though as I did think the radio prophets of doom were over the top and a bit disrespectful to us as an SPL team of long standing down on our luck at the minute.

Aldo
14-01-2012, 11:53 AM
There were plenty on here predicting our demise as well to be fair. :wink:

Good to see Fenlon using this as a motivator though as I did think the radio prophets of doom were over the top and a bit disrespectful to us as an SPL team of long standing down on our luck at the minute.

Spike I think we have all been guilty of it in recent years however I have seen enough since PF took over to know we are in safe hands. He needs time TBH and I hope folk on here give him that.

--------
14-01-2012, 01:42 PM
They are very anti Hibs IMHO and don't listen to the programme and won't listen to the programme again as long as that prick Preston is on.

GIRFUT

Spike I think we have all been guilty of it in recent years however I have seen enough since PF took over to know we are in safe hands. He needs time TBH and I hope folk on here give him that.

:agree: BBC Scotland Radio and TV seem to take great delight in putting Hibs down. Preston's by no means the only one and I'm sure there'll be lots of smiley faces around the studio if we lose this afternoon. Which makes it all the more important that we WIN.

Once it became apparent to me (and others) that Hughes was really entirely consumed by the contemplation of his own awesomeness it was hard to get really behind him, I think. Calderwood never seemed to be committed or even bothered about what was going on around him. I agree he's a safe pair of hands - if we can get in a steady centre-half in the next fortnight I'll be a lot happier about our prospects for the rest of the season.

Mikeystewart
14-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Before kick off last week I was thinking to myself I have seen nothing from Hibs over the past 9 months that made me think the Cowdenbeath game would be anything other than a scrap.

I actually thought the pundits where holding back as most semi-pro Scottish teams with a basic amount of ability, intelligence and desire can give this currant Hibs team a game.

I think the score line showed that, I remember Steven Dobbie getting a hat-trick in a 9-0 drubbing against Cowdenbeath back in the 03/04 season under Williamson and quite a fair few people on here would class that team as quite dull and defensively minded.....

Shows the state we are in, but I'm confident Fenlon can turn it around given time.

p.s think a few on here are getting a bit paranoid, media around the world enjoy seeing big teams doing rubbish for dramatic effect, I remember the field day pundits across the country where having when Newcastle went down.

BEEJ
14-01-2012, 06:30 PM
I think the score line showed that, I remember Steven Dobbie getting a hat-trick in a 9-0 drubbing against Cowdenbeath back in the 03/04 season under Williamson and quite a fair few people on here would class that team as quite dull and defensively minded.....
That would be Montrose.