PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Away / Club Members

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Rangers tickets on sale Monday for Season Ticket holders and Club members......

Why are Club members who pay £20, given the same ticketing rights as a Season Ticket Member....?

Beefster
13-01-2012, 04:49 PM

Why are Club members who pay £20, given the same ticketing rights as a Season Ticket Member....?

I'm surprised at this too - they should be between STs and 'the public' - but I can't imagine that, Tynecastle aside sometimes, it will be much of an issue.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm surprised at this too - they should be between STs and 'the public' - but I can't imagine that, Tynecastle aside sometimes, it will be much of an issue.

Granted it wont be an issue Beefster, but when the Membership was started, it was said they would be after Season Ticket Holders......Is there any reason for having a Season Ticket anymore?

speedy_gonzales
13-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Granted it wont be an issue Beefster, but when the Membership was started, it was said they would be after Season Ticket Holders......Is there any reason for having a Season Ticket anymore?
Same seat at an ever so slightly reduced price every home game:dunno:

Beefster
13-01-2012, 05:05 PM

Not really. I miss about 4 games a season so it costs me money to have one. I do like my seat though.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Same seat at an ever so slightly reduced price every home game:dunno:

The new marketing for renewals will be dropping through our letterboxes shortly.... Given relegation will probably still remain a threat, plenty available spaces on a matchday, and now Club Membership receiving similar privileges, then it is going to be a very interesting read to see what the renewal offer is...........

Hermit Crab
13-01-2012, 05:22 PM

Exactly mate that's a joke, they have our dough upfront so why are we not getting priority. Not disrespect intended to non season ticket holders but i always thought that the point in being a season ticket member is so that you get proriity on ticket sales for big games and early bird offers etc. Another marketing fail by Hibs. Will they ever learn??

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Exactly mate that's a joke, they have our dough upfront so why are we not getting priority. Not disrespect intended to non season ticket holders but i always thought that the point in being a season ticket member is so that you get proriity on ticket sales for big games and early bird offers etc. Another marketing fail by Hibs. Will they ever learn??

I doubt it:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
13-01-2012, 05:27 PM
I doubt it:rolleyes:

They never put the fans first and its becoming tiresome. :rolleyes:

The_Todd
13-01-2012, 05:29 PM

They'll probably operate that way for matches where excessive demand is expected such as cup finals (don't laugh), I doubt a trip to Greyskull counts.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 05:31 PM
They'll probably operate that way for matches where excessive demand is expected such as cup finals (don't laugh), I doubt a trip to Greyskull counts.

You were doing so well until you mentioned cup final:greengrin

Jay
13-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Now I could be wrong here, I hope I am but did club members not get charged the £1.50 per ticket booking fee for the dunfy game? Somebody told me this was the case.

Mikey
13-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Will they ever learn??

Indeed. You would think by now that they should know that it doesn't matter what they do...............

BroxburnHibee
13-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Someone's on a right downer today :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Now I could be wrong here, I hope I am but did club members not get charged the £1.50 per ticket booking fee for the dunfy game? Somebody told me this was the case.

It was advertised as no booking fee if you had a membership

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Indeed. You would think by now that they should know that it doesn't matter what they do...............

Do you think someone who pays £20 should receive same privilege as someone who pays £400?

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Someone's on a right downer today :confused:

Im always on a downer, its the medication......Might improve if we secure 3 points tomorrow though:greengrin

BroxburnHibee
13-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Im always on a downer, its the medication......Might improve if we secure 3 points tomorrow though:greengrin

Might? :hilarious

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Might? :hilarious

Only if we play with flair, score ten, and don't concede:greengrin

Billy Whizz
13-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Do you think someone who pays £20 should receive same privilege as someone who pays £400?

Of course they shouldn't. Just hope that I can get tickets for this game!

3pm
13-01-2012, 07:13 PM

Seems a bit unfair on the face of it.

To be fair, our support at the Theatre of Unemployment was piss poor last time so it may be because of that. 400 or so if I recall.

millarco
13-01-2012, 07:19 PM

I think it's just because they've been slow at organising the Rangers tickets (don't know whether there was a hold-up on our end or theirs, but thought they'd been on sale before now). Were season ticket holders not given the advanced sales option for tomorrow's game?

The_Todd
13-01-2012, 07:22 PM
To be fair, our support at the Theatre of Unemployment was piss poor last time so it may be because of that. 400 or so if I recall.

Exactly. There would be no advantage to anyone for staggered sales of this fixture. Hibs clearly don't expect much demand, so in this case I wouldn't see the point in doing so.

Lang Toun Hibs
13-01-2012, 07:30 PM

Yes...I think season ticket members get 'free' entry to home games which is maybe why they are charged £400 as opposed to £20 just to be a member.

I can't quite believe this is being discussed as an issue in such a negative light. What are we like. Hope the atmosphere at the game tomorrow is a bit more positive than the majority of posts on this forum. Nightmare.

Stantons Angel
13-01-2012, 07:34 PM

I have to agree with you on this one...........(heaven forbid!) I too was thinking along these lines when they first announced this scheme.

A few seasons ago the club introduced a similar system to get in more money and promised second billing on away tickets to holders. That system did not work and i am curious to find out if this one will either?

I too have paid for my season ticket which allows me my prefered seat at every home league game at a slightly reduced price. If i want to sit there for cup games and friendlies i have to pay for a cup top up or ticket?

Each Christmas the club promotes the half season ticket, which again brings money into the club. These season ticket holders are given a free game to start their ticket off. Then we had the introduction of the club membership scheme, where for £20 the holders are given the same priority as season ticket holders for ticketed games, away games and CUP FINALS (if only) they are also given money off vouchers for use in the shop and lower ticket prices too.

Almost every season special deals to try and get the punters in are promoted with ie. two for the price of one, bring along the family promotions and Green Day etc. Where as a season ticket holder am i benefiting here? I dont grudge the walk up supporter anything and i do understand that the club needs money. I think its getting to the stage now where i begining to feel the regular season ticket holder is being taken for granted here (again my opinion) .....

So where next season other than having my own seat, will it benefit me to be a season ticket holder? As if i dont buy a season ticket but purchase the club memebership at £20 im assured of a ticket to the away games anyway and i can also take the benefits of reduced prices at promotion days too?

Decisions decisions ?????

down-the-slope
13-01-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm a long time ST holder...no problem from me as long as common sense is used for matches when ST demand might use all allocation....

Anyone willing to go there and support team should be encouraged....its hard when these days there is little chance of waking up on a Saturday...and just deciding to go as we would in the past...hard to have to plan every game so far ahead....

It might be a while till there should be concern about 'House Full' signs when ever Hibs play....:rolleyes:

lucky
13-01-2012, 07:51 PM
FFS we have 5000 ST holders so its unlikely we will take even 10% of that to ipox. We never take big support anywhere. Tomorrow is our biggest game of the season and we will be lucky to 3000 .

Hank Schrader
13-01-2012, 09:01 PM

Pretty unfair on ST holders I agree.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Yes...I think season ticket members get 'free' entry to home games which is maybe why they are charged £400 as opposed to £20 just to be a member.

I can't quite believe this is being discussed as an issue in such a negative light. What are we like. Hope the atmosphere at the game tomorrow is a bit more positive than the majority of posts on this forum. Nightmare.

How is it free entry when you pay £400? Struggle to understand that....:confused::confused:

On reflection Club Members are actually getting better deal for Ibrox as they don't incur the booking fee, that Season ticket holders do if booking online or via Ticketmaster

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 09:03 PM
I have to agree with you on this one...........(heaven forbid!) I too was thinking along these lines when they first announced this scheme.

A few seasons ago the club introduced a similar system to get in more money and promised second billing on away tickets to holders. That system did not work and i am curious to find out if this one will either?

I too have paid for my season ticket which allows me my prefered seat at every home league game at a slightly reduced price. If i want to sit there for cup games and friendlies i have to pay for a cup top up or ticket?

Each Christmas the club promotes the half season ticket, which again brings money into the club. These season ticket holders are given a free game to start their ticket off. Then we had the introduction of the club membership scheme, where for £20 the holders are given the same priority as season ticket holders for ticketed games, away games and CUP FINALS (if only) they are also given money off vouchers for use in the shop and lower ticket prices too.

Almost every season special deals to try and get the punters in are promoted with ie. two for the price of one, bring along the family promotions and Green Day etc. Where as a season ticket holder am i benefiting here? I dont grudge the walk up supporter anything and i do understand that the club needs money. I think its getting to the stage now where i begining to feel the regular season ticket holder is being taken for granted here (again my opinion) .....

So where next season other than having my own seat, will it benefit me to be a season ticket holder? As if i dont buy a season ticket but purchase the club memebership at £20 im assured of a ticket to the away games anyway and i can also take the benefits of reduced prices at promotion days too?

Decisions decisions ?????

Janette wonders will never cease, you actually agreeing with me for once:cb

Hank Schrader
13-01-2012, 09:14 PM
So folk that have stumped up hundreds of pounds at start of season incur charges that someone who pays £20 a few months later avoid. I know the club are trying to get fans back but treating season ticket holders that way isn't really fair is it?

Antifa Hibs
13-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Hibs shouldn't be offering ticket priority as an incentive seeing as we've sold out 2 away allocations in about 4 seasons.

Under Mowbray it was great - ticket priority now - just sheer cheek!

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 09:23 PM
So folk that have stumped up hundreds of pounds at start of season incur charges that someone who pays £20 a few months later avoid. I know the club are trying to get fans back but treating season ticket holders that way isn't really fair is it?

Nail hit firmly on head:agree:

Steve-O
13-01-2012, 09:45 PM

Paying that £20 doesn't get members into every home game though does it?

When was the last time ST holders alone took up all the Ibrox tickets anyway? I'll guess at about 5 years ago.

Steve-O
13-01-2012, 09:51 PM
:

Charges for away tickets that nobody is forcing you to buy, regardless of whether you have a season ticket.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Paying that £20 doesn't get members into every home game though does it?

When was the last time ST holders alone took up all the Ibrox tickets anyway? I'll guess at about 5 years ago.

Thats not really the point though....

Steve-O
13-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Thats not really the point though....

I would have thought that's exactly the point. If there was going to be high demand for these tickets, I would agree with your point.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 10:12 PM
I would have thought that's exactly the point. If there was going to be high demand for these tickets, I would agree with your point.

whether high demand or not, club members do not incur booking charges, season ticket holders do, go figure:confused:

Makaveli
13-01-2012, 10:24 PM
As above, the real point is the £20 club members paying no booking fee while ST holders do.

I understood it was because club members get their entry card which is easy to top up for home games, hence less need to charge a booking fee. For away games everyone needs a ticket so should be treated the same IMO. As an ST holder without the cup top-up it's even worse as I'll have to pay a booking fee for topping up my card for the Killie/Dundee game while the £20 crew won't.

Obviously I'm in a biased position but having consistently contributed as much as possible to the club it doesn't seem very fair that folk coughing up £20 are getting more perks.

LancashireHibby
13-01-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm a club member but must admit it's a little strange that we're exempt from booking fees for away games yet season ticket holders have to pay them. Being exempt for home games makes complete sense though as I think pre-sales are dropping more and more for home games with more walk ups than previously, so it makes it hard for the club to determine how many staff to have on a matchday, how much food to order etc etc.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm a club member but must admit it's a little strange that we're exempt from booking fees for away games yet season ticket holders have to pay them. Being exempt for home games makes complete sense though as I think pre-sales are dropping more and more for home games with more walk ups than previously, so it makes it hard for the club to determine how many staff to have on a matchday, how much food to order etc etc.

Fair point that makes sense regarding the home games........

NYHibby
13-01-2012, 11:17 PM
...I think pre-sales are dropping more and more for home games with more walk ups than previously, so it makes it hard for the club to determine how many staff to have on a matchday, how much food to order etc etc.

We would seriously have to be the worst run club for this to be true. When I was working for a soccer team in America, a much higher percentage of our tickets sales were gameday walk ups and this was never a problem for us.

Stantons Angel
14-01-2012, 08:47 AM
[QUOTE=Steve-O;3073236]Paying that £20 doesn't get members into every home game though does it?

This totally is not the point Steven.

A few posters on this forum seem to think that Season Ticket holders get into the home games for nothing????

If so what did i pay £400+ for, not at the begining of this season, but BEFORE the END of LAST season? Our entrance fee to each home game of the next season is paid BEFOREHAND.

As usual with threads on this site, we are away off on a tangent. So far away from the original posters point. He was asking "what was the point in buying a season ticket" if you are not really gaining anything from parting with your money prior to the season starting apart from the same seat each game?

The point regarding the postage fees is valid especially when we are charged £6.50 for recorded post and it only costs £4.50 (or there about) and remember we also have a £1.50 per ticket surcharge added too.

Perhaps those who think up these bright ideas could explain the benefits of being a season ticket holder these days. As i see it, any benefits are now slowly diminishing and i for one will take some convincing to renew mine now? Especially if we are playing in the first division.

With that in mind COME ON THE HIBBES today!!!

Come on the HIBEES!

Billy Whizz
14-01-2012, 09:29 AM
I presume as a season ticket holder Hibs want me to buy a membership as well!
Makes perfect business sense to them. Fleece customers twice.

Lang Toun Hibs
14-01-2012, 10:28 AM
whether high demand or not, club members do not incur booking charges, season ticket holders do, go figure:confused:

What do you think about the club slashing the price of replica kit? All those who forked out full price at the start of the season - what have they got for their extra money?

The club is a business and they have to do what they can to encourage the supporters to attend. As an out of town hibbie with a young family and working shifts a season ticket is not an option for me. A club membership that allows me to feel part of the club, have access to tickets for big games (rather than be just one of the 40 or 50 thousand who want to go to cup finals), be able to get tickets credited to my card rather than having to pay the extortionate postage rates and worry about delivery is perfect for me. If you think that this is a better option than a season ticket then so be it, you now have that choice. Don't blame the club for trying to do what they can to encourage participation.

Phil MaGlass
14-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Has anyone actually got in touch with the club over this?
Forgot to add, dont ST holders make significant savings per game and over a season a very significant saving bypaying up front, mibbe the club sees that and the fact you get first shout at away tix as enough perks?

HH81
14-01-2012, 10:38 AM
What do you think about the club slashing the price of replica kit? All those who forked out full price at the start of the season - what have they got for their extra money?

The club is a business and they have to do what they can to encourage the supporters to attend. As an out of town hibbie with a young family and working shifts a season ticket is not an option for me. A club membership that allows me to feel part of the club, have access to tickets for big games (rather than be just one of the 40 or 50 thousand who want to go to cup finals), be able to get tickets credited to my card rather than having to pay the extortionate postage rates and worry about delivery is perfect for me. If you think that this is a better option than a season ticket then so be it, you now have that choice. Don't blame the club for trying to do what they can to encourage participation.

Good post, I think the membership is a very good option, as like you I'm out of town too.

I will be taken up the membership every year if Hibs go down this route as its much easier than match tickets, I fully expect Hibs to not charge season ticket holders an admin fee on away tickets from next season too.

LancashireHibby
14-01-2012, 10:51 AM
We would seriously have to be the worst run club for this to be true. When I was working for a soccer team in America, a much higher percentage of our tickets sales were gameday walk ups and this was never a problem for us.

With all due respect, I work in the Premier League & Super League down here and every club gears towards getting as many pre-sales as possible. It might not be as big an issue in America, but a spot of bad weather can knock hundreds off a walk up, whereas people will make the extra effort to attend if they have already bought a ticket. Likewise, there is zero data capture from someone who pays at the gate whereas the club can use the ticket office database to target people who attend x amount of games with season ticket information etc and no doubt pay a significant sum of money to maintain such CRM systems.

As for the membership itself, I'm a huge fan of it for much of the same reasons as posted in Dunning Hibs, having a young family and being too much of a distance to be a season ticket holder but still attending as many games as possible.

Baldy Foghorn
14-01-2012, 10:58 AM

I think you are missing my point.....

With regards replica kits, its a bit like doing your Christmas shopping in December, to find all your items are half price in January sales.....

With regards to booking fee charges, Club Members pay £20, which is 5% of a Season Ticket. Why should Season tickets holders be penalised with booking fees, when someone who maybe goes 4 or 5 times a season, does not incur the same charges? Does not seem fair to me, either the Club should charge everyone the same, or scrap the booking fee altogether.

The_Todd
14-01-2012, 10:59 AM

I would have thought the club wanting to get - and striving to get - an accurate sales projection for a day would indicate a well run club, rather than just "guessing" which would not?

SouthamptonHibs
14-01-2012, 11:00 AM

Brockie as a Hibs member i think the club has done a bad PR exercise here..
The bread and butter of the support ie season ticket holders should come first, the membership should come 2nd

I can only think they've done this as the chance of us selling out for ibrox is slim! However Hibs should have done the right thing and offered it to ST's first then members....ps i wonder if they'll do the same for the SC cup final tickets ha ha (always a dreamer)
I'm up for the Celtic game feb 20th if your around for a pint or three

hail hail

HibeeMG
14-01-2012, 11:12 AM
As soon as I read the opening line of the opening post I knew what the moaning would be about on this thread. I only read the first few posts and then skipped to the end as the poor souls who think they might miss out because the club are trying something different were making my heart bleed. :violin:

Yeah, I took up the club membership, not because it's going to get me any real benefits in the future but, as I can't afford at the moment to get a season ticket, it feels like putting something into the club.

No season ticket member will miss out on getting tickets for Ibrox just because they've offered a few hundred Club Members the opportunity to get their tickets at the same early stage, so what's the fuss about?

You buy your ST to get the same seat at a slightly discounted rate and to enable the club to get the money up front. Anything else is a bonus, surely.

The club have tried something a little bit different to try to get lapsed supporters, me being one of them, back to games and spending money. It's worked with me and I'm sure quite a few other people. Normally fans moan about the club not doing enough. In this case ST holders have gone all high and mighty and are complaining that the club are doing too much! Jeez, they can't win!

To summarise, the club membership will not affect your chances of getting tickets. There's plenty to go around at the moment.

The_Todd
14-01-2012, 11:17 AM
As soon as I read the opening line of the opening post I knew what the moaning would be about on this thread. I only read the first few posts and then skipped to the end as the poor souls who think they might miss out because the club are trying something different were making my heart bleed. :violin:

Yeah, I took up the club membership, not because it's going to get me any real benefits in the future but, as I can't afford at the moment to get a season ticket, it feels like putting something into the club.

No season ticket member will miss out on getting tickets for Ibrox just because they've offered a few hundred Club Members the opportunity to get their tickets at the same early stage, so what's the fuss about?

You buy your ST to get the same seat at a slightly discounted rate and to enable the club to get the money up front. Anything else is a bonus, surely.

The club have tried something a little bit different to try to get lapsed supporters, me being one of them, back games and spending money. It's worked with me and I'm sure quite a few other people. Normally fans moan about the club not doing enough. In this case ST holders have gone all high and mighty and are complaining that the club are doing too much! Jeez, they can't win!

To summarise, the club membership will not affect your chances of getting tickets. There's plenty to go around at the moment.

I agree in the main. The only thing I would change is take the booking fee of ST holders and if we ever do reach Hampden or a high profile match in the future ensure ST holders have a priority period over club members before club members get their priority period over the plebs :wink:

This membership scheme has to be applauded, though. I've put £20 in, and because buying tickets now is so much easier I'll probably attend more often. I've now got a £20 voucher for the shop as long as I spend £50 to begin with, so there's another £30 the club will be getting off me. Was I intending a trip to the club shop soon? No. Am I now? Yes.

Maybe a bit of fine tuning to do in the details but I think the club has got it right in the main. The last thing we need is a divide between ST holders and Club Members, though. Can we all kiss and make up?

Beefster
14-01-2012, 11:20 AM

The club have tried something a little bit different to try to get lapsed supporters, me being one of them, back to games and spending money. It's worked with me and I'm sure quite a few other people. Normally fans moan about the club not doing enough. In this case ST holders have gone all high and mighty and are complaining that the club are doing too much! Jeez, they can't win!

You need to read the rest of the thread then. The main complaint appears to be about booking fees.

I think that the membership is a great idea but STs should be treated as a 'membership plus' (i.e. any ongoing perks that membership gets (beyond the initial 'tempters'), STs get)

HibeeMG
14-01-2012, 11:22 AM
I agree in the main. The only thing I would change is take the booking fee of ST holders and if we ever do reach Hampden or a high profile match in the future ensure ST holders have a priority period over club members before club members get their priority period over the plebs :wink:

This membership scheme has to be applauded, though. I've put £20 in, and because buying tickets now is so much easier I'll probably attend more often. I've now got a £20 voucher for the shop as long as I spend £50 to begin with, so there's another £30 the club will be getting off me. Was I intending a trip to the club shop soon? No. Am I now? Yes.

Maybe a bit of fine tuning to do in the details but I think the club has got it right in the main. The last thing we need is a divide between ST holders and Club Members, though. Can we all kiss and make up?

Yep, I agree about the booking fee. Club members shouldn't be getting a better deal than ST ticket holders on anything but I've not problem with them (us) getting the same deal.

You're absolutely right in that some fine tuning might be needed and that higher profile matches should give ST holders priority. What gets me is the gum-bleating done straight away by fans. Some people are never happy.

Baldy Foghorn
14-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Yep, I agree about the booking fee. Club members shouldn't be getting a better deal than ST ticket holders on anything but I've not problem with them (us) getting the same deal.

You're absolutely right in that some fine tuning might be needed and that higher profile matches should give ST holders priority. What gets me is the gum-bleating done straight away by fans. Some people are never happy.

The booking fee is the gripe on this thread, and don't think its fair to penalise season ticket holders, never mind though, we are poor wee souls who cannae help gum-bleating:rolleyes:

HibeeMG
14-01-2012, 11:31 AM
The booking fee is the gripe on this thread, and don't think its fair to penalise season ticket holders, never mind though, we are poor wee souls who cannae help gum-bleating:rolleyes:

Naw, that doesn't wash. The first post and the few after were about Club Members being given the opportunity to get tickets for the Rangers game at the same time as ST holders. The complaint about booking fees came later as an afterthought. As I've said above, I agree that Club Members should not get more benefits than a ST holder.

The original 'gripe' was unfair though and I stand by my original gum-bleating statement.

Anyways, I'm away for some breakfast!

StevieC
14-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Forgot to add, dont ST holders make significant savings per game and over a season a very significant saving bypaying up front

Not really. If you miss a couple of games you're probably worse off than walk-up.

The advantages of season ticket are same seat and avoiding the hassles of ticket purchasing. Other than that there's no real incentive these days for a season ticket.

I think the Club Membership is an excellent idea and the club should be applauded for it. Yes it still needs fine tuning, but I'm sure the club would welcome suggestions in order to do this.

I was swithering about whether to renew my season ticket next year and the Club Membership might actually be a way of keeping me on board.

ps booking fee's should be abolished

Saorsa
16-01-2012, 04:49 PM
I see the club are still pushing this which is good tae see and with deals for those that have not yet joined. I put this on this thread as I see the original point of this thread about ticket priority seems tae have been addressed.

Hibernian Club Membership package - £20 Annual Membership
Buy before 20 January and get the following benefits:

A free ticket for St Johnstone 21 January**
A ticket for Celtic 19 February for just £20** (normal price £28*)
Voucher for £20 off in the Clubstore (terms and conditions apply)
Your unique Club Membership Access Card
No booking fees (for Member ticket only) for buying tickets in the future
Priority purchasing for away, Cup, European tickets (after Season Ticket Membership period)
Weekly E-news direct to your in-box

Hibernian Senior Club Membership (65+) & Hibs Future Membership (12-18 plus students) - £10 Annual Membership
Buy before 20 January and get the following benefits:

• A free ticket for St Johnstone 21 January**
• A ticket for Celtic 19 February for just £10** (normal price £14/£17)
• Voucher for £20 off in the Clubstore (terms and conditions apply)
• Your unique Club Membership Access Card
• No booking fees (for Member ticket only) for buying tickets in the future
• Priority purchasing for away, Cup, European tickets (after Season Ticket Membership period)
• Weekly E-news direct to your in-box

**Offer match tickets for St Johnstone and Celtic must be bought in person at the Clubstore or by calling 0844 844 1875 Option 2 during office hours.

Club Memberships are available to buy from the Ticket Desk in the Clubstore, on-line at Hibernian E-Tickets (https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/default.aspx) or by calling 0844 844 1875 option 1.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120116/club-membership_2262950_2578535

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2012, 08:17 PM
I have a gut feeling that no booking fees will be incurred for anyone next season......

H18sry
16-01-2012, 09:38 PM
I have a gut feeling that no booking fees will be incurred for anyone next season......

What have you heard to get that big gut feeling?

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2012, 09:45 PM
What have you heard to get that big gut feeling?

Season ticket documentation will be coming out in post shortly, and I believe they will be making similar benefits to that of club memberships, therefore eradicating booking fees all round.......I could be wildly wrong, but think this will be another perk offered.....

Jamesie
16-01-2012, 09:59 PM
The more I read about this Club Membership scheme, the more is becoming a no brainer for me to ditch my season ticket and sign up as a Member for next season. Stories like this really incentivise me to do so!

Billy Whizz
17-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Got 4 tickets for Ibrox today

WhileTheChief..
17-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Looking for a bit of help here folks. Is the idea of the membership card to allow us to book tickets in advance that are loaded onto the card? I'm trying to get some for the aberdeen and st j game but when i get to the checkout it asks for a delivery method. The option to load on to a card seems to be for season tickets only?

Have i got this totally wrong and it just allows us to buy the tickets without paying the fee but still having to get them delivered or pick up at ER? :confused: Cheers.

The_Todd
17-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Looking for a bit of help here folks. Is the idea of the membership card to allow us to book tickets in advance that are loaded onto the card? I'm trying to get some for the aberdeen and st j game but when i get to the checkout it asks for a delivery method. The option to load on to a card seems to be for season tickets only?

Have i got this totally wrong and it just allows us to buy the tickets without paying the fee but still having to get them delivered or pick up at ER? :confused: Cheers.

The card is how you enter the stadium so you don't get tickets. When you're choosing the tickets are you choosing "adult" or "club member"? I haven't added a game to my card yet, but I think that's where you specify it's to go on a card.

WhileTheChief..
17-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Checked that and I've selected the club member adult one, (actually it did it automatically). My client ref number is the same as when i had a season ticket so i know the details are correct. Think i'm just going to choose the option for add to season ticket and hope it works. Will go early so I've time to go to the ticket office if need be.

millarco
17-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Is there anything to stop you buying another club membership card? I can't make it this weekend so wouldn't work out cheaper for me, but anyone going to the St Johnstone and Celtic games would save themselves some cash by buying another membership (and making up the name/address if needs be).

Can't help but think they've rushed through the membership stuff in a panic over falling attendances, not organised well at all IMO.

LancashireHibby
17-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Is there anything to stop you buying another club membership card? I can't make it this weekend so wouldn't work out cheaper for me, but anyone going to the St Johnstone and Celtic games would save themselves some cash by buying another membership (and making up the name/address if needs be).

Can't help but think they've rushed through the membership stuff in a panic over falling attendances, not organised well at all IMO.

Nothing to stop you doing that....although I'd say it's pretty sad to go to such lengths to try and take advantage of it (and potentially mean the club are put off such iniatives in future because of the system being abused by 'fans').

millarco
17-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Nothing to stop you doing that....although I'd say it's pretty sad to go to such lengths to try and take advantage of it (and potentially mean the club are put off such iniatives in future because of the system being abused by 'fans').

Not saying I would, just pointing out the potential flaws in the system. Agreed it wouldn't be good form, though I guess no worse than trying to blag a free voucher for the Motherwell game.

Was happy when the membership was announced, but from my experience it hasn't been organised too well at all. Will be interested to see how it develops in the future, especially in relation to season tickets. Got a feeling season tickets may soon become a thing of the past, with a pay-as-you-go set-up like this maybe a more popular choice.

SouthEnglandHib
18-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Im now a member, tried processing a Rangers ticket, but wont let me as its only ST holders..
or may be its because i joined it about two hours ago.

The_Todd
18-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Im now a member, tried processing a Rangers ticket, but wont let me as its only ST holders..
or may be its because i joined it about two hours ago.

It looks like it's ST holders only at the moment. So it looks like ST holders are still getting their precious priority purchasing period. :na na:

Bohemian_Hibee
19-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Slightly off-topic, is there any 'Hibs-friendly' pubs around Ibrox on matchday? Flying in to Paisley, are we better off having our pre-match pints in that neck of the woods?

Baldy Foghorn
19-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Slightly off-topic, is there any 'Hibs-friendly' pubs around Ibrox on matchday? Flying in to Paisley, are we better off having our pre-match pints in that neck of the woods?

We used to frequent the Woodville which had separate bars, but think its now closed. Wouldn't advise Stadium bar if you are sporting colours. Probably best to get a few pints a bit further away, then head to Ibrox thereafter.

3pm
19-01-2012, 12:37 PM

Me and my Dad have a few pints in the town centre then jump on the tube to Ibrox. Gets you there in 10 minutes.