PDA

View Full Version : Agogo Gone - official

HibsNutter
13-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Just seen this via the official hibs page on twitter, can anybody confirm?

NRW_Hibbie
13-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Yes - on official site now: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120113/agogo-exits-hibernian_2262950_2576031

PS 'Agogo Gone' would have been a more poetic thread title!

CMac1988
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120113/agogo-exits-hibernian_2262950_2576031

EDIT

Beaten by a few secs. :)

Twiglet

Yep. On fishy site. Can't post a link as i'm on my phone.

muzzhfc
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120113/agogo-exits-hibernian_2262950_2576031

here we go

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Your joking..........................Never seen that coming

Geo_1875
13-01-2012, 02:30 PM
He never woke me up.............

gramskiwood
13-01-2012, 02:31 PM
:aok:

Sir David Gray
13-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Four down now.

Only about another 12 to go! :aok:

Keep it up, Pat. :thumbsup:

The Sea-gull
13-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Have to say, the jury will still be out on PF for some time yet and we can't really judge him or his signings until we see them perform for a decent period of time but he does deserve credit for shipping out the deadwood. It may be plain to see who needed to go but some managers might have been a bit slow to react or thought they would try where someone else has failed and actually get someting out of the players.

No arguments from me about any of those who have left this providing we sign replacements as the squad is starting to look bare. I am sure we will though.

Wonder how much Billy Brown has had to do with the departures. I don't think he was ever fully convinced by some of the players when he arrived but has probably had to largely bite his tongue until now when there is a chance to get rid of them.

Positive that they are releasing players now rather than on 31st January as it gives PF and BB a bit of time to sign players knowing what budget they have rather than working on ifs buts and maybes.

PatHead
13-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Glad to see these players leaving. Funny how Hearts make a big song and dance about offloading players yet have only sold Jonnson but we have emptied quite a few hardly noticed

stokesmessiah
13-01-2012, 02:41 PM
I actually had hopes for Agogo but trust PF's opinion as he seen him in traing every day, i guess what he said yesterday about ridding the club of the wrong attitude must of involved Junior. I also suspect he might well of been one of out highest earners?

My one main concern is there is a lot of one way traffic at the moment and whilst its agreed that these guys are no good they do need to be replaced?

PeterboroHibee
13-01-2012, 02:52 PM
I actually had hopes for Agogo but trust PF's opinion as he seen him in traing every day, i guess what he said yesterday about ridding the club of the wrong attitude must of involved Junior. I also suspect he might well of been one of out highest earners?

My one main concern is there is a lot of one way traffic at the moment and whilst its agreed that these guys are no good they do need to be replaced?

It is good these guys are getting shipped out (never seen it happen so quickly, usually at the end of windows/end of the season), but agree about them not being replaced. If he says hes struggling to get guys in, thats a real concern as with players going out the door, the squad is getting smaller and smaller.

Saying that, if they werent getting played anyway it I suppose it doesnt really matter.

Craig_in_Prague
13-01-2012, 02:53 PM
GOC is the only player that's had any reasonable positive impact this season.

If any other player is punted, I can't see anyone really complaining.

Of course Pat will have players coming in, he's said he's trying to get decent quality in certain positions (I assume at CH and CM).

I say good riddance to all the players punted as each of them have contributed very little and have been part of the worse year or two in my hibee life.

Andy74
13-01-2012, 02:54 PM
It is good these guys are getting shipped out (never seen it happen so quickly, usually at the end of windows/end of the season), but agree about them not being replaced. If he says hes struggling to get guys in, thats a real concern as with players going out the door, the squad is getting smaller and smaller.

Saying that, if they werent getting played anyway it I suppose it doesnt really matter.

4 out who were failing to get a game. 3 in who are going to play. Seems fine so far to me and there will be more to come.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Will big sodje get shown the door too do you think?

jacomo
13-01-2012, 03:01 PM

Hope not.

SGHIBEE
13-01-2012, 03:14 PM

To be fair to him he causes more problems for defenders than Agogo (mainly cause he doesn't know what he's doing himself). Worth keeping I think.

If he goes then another two strikers need to come in

H18sry
13-01-2012, 03:30 PM
4 out who were failing to get a game. 3 in who are going to play. Seems fine so far to me and there will be more to come.

Doyle, Francomb and who?

Andy74
13-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Doyle, Francomb and who?

Griffiths would have been gone already if we didn't complete anothert deal to keep him here. Given they planned to sell him I'd put that down as a deal done.

HibeeEmma
13-01-2012, 03:33 PM

When did the .net poster become a more reliable source than the official Hibs sites?

DAVE1875
13-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Yes we need to release dead weight but with more players going out than coming in is slightly concerning

jdships
13-01-2012, 03:35 PM

The big problem surely for us,the punters , at this moment in time is we don't really know what ideas PF has in mind re HIS team.
We can only surmise, given the players , who have been released that he will be trying to play/change to a different style than that over the last few years.
Once we see who he brings in on a permanent basis only then will we get a better idea of things to come.
I realise time is not on our side for this season but " Patience is a virtue etc etc "

:flag:

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Doyle, Francomb and who?

Was thinking the same, Sutton :greengrin.

I also think that Sodje is one they will be activley encouraging out the door, I think him and hmmmmm another, possibly a show will leave, im going for...............Towell sent back to Smeltic.

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Griffiths would have been gone already if we didn't complete anothert deal to keep him here. Given they planned to sell him I'd put that down as a deal done.

Yeah suppose so fair enough :thumbsup:

Halifaxhibby
13-01-2012, 03:40 PM
To be honest, theres a lot worse still there now than Junior, how Hart, Galbraith O'Hanlon are still on the books makes me start to doubt PF's managerial ability.

:confused:

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Another CC dud cleared off books....

Just how much has the legacy of the clueless one cost us?

Green Mikey
13-01-2012, 03:57 PM
To be honest, theres a lot worse still there now than Junior, how Hart, Galbraith O'Hanlon are still on the books makes me start to doubt PF's managerial ability.

:confused: I don't know how releasing a complete dud of a player who has been nowhere near the first team in weeks can make you question PF's ability. This move makes me think that he has got plenty ability!

We have already brought in Francombe to replace Hart and Agogo's wages will hopefully be used to replace players like Galbraith and O'Hanlon. There is still plenty time left in the window for PF to sign some more players. I'm going to wait until the end of the window before I pass judgement.

Andy74
13-01-2012, 04:00 PM

All in good time. The gents above might be poor but they are probably being professional and not detracting from what PF is trying to do.

BEEJ
13-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Another CC dud cleared off books....

Just how much has the legacy of the clueless one cost us?
When you consider that Agogo was signed just a few weeks after the club's defiant proclamation on 5 July that CC was staying at Easter Road - it does add even more to the cost of that particular decision.

yekimevol
13-01-2012, 04:04 PM

:top marks:top marks:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 04:04 PM
When you consider that Agogo was signed just a few weeks after the club's defiant proclamation on 5 July that CC was staying at Easter Road - it does add even more to the cost of that particular decision.

Indeed BEEJ, wonder what Agogo's wage to minutes played ratio is?:rolleyes:

down-the-slope
13-01-2012, 07:17 PM
people saying 4 out....have I missed one :rolleyes:

Agogo / Palsson / Thornhill......

Craig_in_Prague
13-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Crawford gone too

Dunbar Hibee
13-01-2012, 10:13 PM
people saying 4 out....have I missed one :rolleyes:

Agogo / Palsson / Thornhill......

Welsh

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Welsh

Welsh still with us, although may be going out on loan.... Crawford was the 4th one released

Dunbar Hibee
13-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Welsh still with us, although may be going out on loan.... Crawford was the 4th one released

Aah right you are, my bad.

down-the-slope
13-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Crawford gone too

Ah ok..had heard that

Welsh

Not thats official....do you know different?

Pedantic_Hibee
13-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Keep up the good work, Sir Patrick of Fenlonshire.

Gala Foxes
14-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Agogo gone ?

Did he ever arrive?

Pedantic_Hibee
14-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Agogo gone ?

Did he ever arrive?

I think he left us all hanging on like a yo-yo.

Bostonhibby
14-01-2012, 08:28 AM

He was here? Never noticed. Wonder if Coco will "swoop" for him at Birmingham?

BroxburnHibee
14-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Agogo gone ?

Did he ever arrive?

I think he left us all hanging on like a yo-yo.

He certainly never managed to wake me up :agree: