PDA

View Full Version : Team prediction V Pars

GreenCastle
13-01-2012, 01:09 PM
11th v 12th, relegation battle, 6 pointer, 3 points, the "big one", "cup final", judgement day, ...etc you get the point...:greengrin

So Dunfermline whose last victory was against Hibs at ER .. :rolleyes: haven't won at home all season welcome Hibs who haven't won a league game since Oct 22nd beating St Mirren 3v2. Hibs haven't won 2 in a row all season..:rolleyes:

So what team will PF put out (this isn't my best team) ....Murray, Stack and O'Hanlon all out - I guess he will play.

Brown

Francomb
Hanlon
Stevens
Booth

(Very young back 4!!!)

Sproule (c)
Osbourne
Stevenson
Galbraith

Doyle
LG

Subs -

Scott, Wotherspoon, GOC, Sodje, Welsh, A GK ? plus any youngsters

Whoever he chooses - we have to get behind them tomorrow-even if we don't start well :agree::pfgwa

Jones28
13-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Brown
Francomb O'Hanlon Hanlon Booth
Sproule Osbourne Stevenson Galbraith
Doyle Griffiths

Providing everyone's fit

GreenCastle
13-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Brown
Doyle Griffiths

Providing everyone's fit

O'Hanlon is suspended I think ?

c31
13-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Brown
Doyle Griffiths

Providing everyone's fit

O'Hanlon is suspended is he not?

patlowe
13-01-2012, 01:16 PM
11th v 12th, relegation battle, 6 pointer, 3 points, the "big one", "cup final", judgement day, ...etc you get the point...:greengrin

So Dunfermline whose last victory was against Hibs at ER .. :rolleyes: haven't won at home all season welcome Hibs who haven't won a league game since Oct 22nd beating St Mirren 3v2. Hibs haven't won 2 in a row all season..:rolleyes:

So what team will PF put out (this isn't my best team) ....Murray, Stack and O'Hanlon all out - I guess he will play.

Brown

Francomb
Hanlon
Stevens
Booth

(Very young back 4!!!)

Sproule (c)
Osbourne
Stevenson
Galbraith

Doyle
LG

Subs -

Scott, Wotherspoon, GOC, Sodje, Welsh, A GK ? plus any youngsters

Whoever he chooses - we have to get behind them tomorrow-even if we don't start well :agree::pfgwa

I think you're right with that team but I'd personally stick Wotherspoon in for either Sproule or Galbraith.

Hibee87
13-01-2012, 01:20 PM
I think you're right with that team but I'd personally stick Wotherspoon in for either Sproule or Galbraith.

Thats what i would do sproule is torture, spoony would be a better option imo he is better passer, more skilled player and better tackler. unfortunatly DG is the only option at left wing the now. not unless gaz is fit and plays gaz and doyle upfornt and moves griffiths to the left again

Sir David Gray
13-01-2012, 01:44 PM
O'Hanlon is suspended I think ?

O'Hanlon is suspended is he not?

According to the SFA website, he is suspended for tomorrow's match but at the same time, their own rules on the accumulation of yellow cards state that you must pick up six in the same season before a ban will be enforced.

So far, he has only been booked on five occasions this season. :confused:

Anyone able to offer an explanation? :dunno:

GreenCastle
13-01-2012, 01:54 PM
According to the SFA website, he is suspended for tomorrow's match but at the same time, their own rules on the accumulation of yellow cards state that you must pick up six in the same season before a ban will be enforced.

Not sure :confused:

I thought he was at fault for both goals yesterday but did ok against the yams -basically the basics you would expect from a CH. He's not the most comfortable on the ball but that back 4 with a player making his debut who may not be fully fit is a little worrying.

Wonder if he may play Hart at RB or CH ....:shocked:

hibee81
13-01-2012, 01:56 PM
11th v 12th, relegation battle, 6 pointer, 3 points, the "big one", "cup final", judgement day, ...etc you get the point...:greengrinSo Dunfermline whose last victory was against Hibs at ER .. :rolleyes: haven't won at home all season welcome Hibs who haven't won a league game since Oct 22nd beating St Mirren 3v2. Hibs haven't won 2 in a row all season..:rolleyes:So what team will PF put out (this isn't my best team) ....Murray, Stack and O'Hanlon all out - I guess he will play.BrownFrancombHanlonStevensBooth (Very young back 4!!!)Sproule (c)OsbourneStevensonGalbraithDoyleLGSubs -Scott, Wotherspoon, GOC, Sodje, Welsh, A GK ? plus any youngstersWhoever he chooses - we have to get behind them tomorrow-even if we don't start well :agree::pfgwaAgree pretty much with this team but i would rather have stevenson as captain tbh, as at the moment i beleive he is the only player who looks up for the fight and recent performances hes been the best player in a hibs shirt.

NorthNorfolkHFC
13-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Agree pretty much with this team but i would rather have stevenson as captain tbh, as at the moment i beleive he is the only player who looks up for the fight and recent performances hes been the best player in a hibs shirt.

Any idea if Stevenson is captain material? Maybe he is "up for a fight" but is he a leader or the most vocal?

Judas Iscariot
13-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Stack (c)

Francomb Stephens Hanlon Booth

Wotherspoon Osbourne Scott Sproule

Doyle Griffiths

Dashing Bob S
13-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Let's face it- we are Hibernian FC, the first team in Europe. We could put anybody up against those Fife amateurs and still claim the three points. Team selection is irrelevant, what matters is that they are all wearing green jerseys.

GreenCastle
13-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Looking at last weeks team and performance - Wotherspoon scored so he may be inclined to play him - I have no problem with that.

The question is who do you leave out if Osbourne is back...and fit again ?

Hart also played last week - will he play again tomorrow ?

FastEddieFelson
13-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Let's face it- we are Hibernian FC, the first team in Europe. We could put anybody up against those Fife amateurs and still claim the three points. Team selection is irrelevant, what matters is that they are all wearing green jerseys.

:hilarious

Sergeant Hibs
13-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Brown

Francomb
Hanlon
Stephens
Booth

Spoony
Stevenson
Ozzy
Ivan

Sparky
Doyle

Subs
Grant
Hart
Scott
Galbraith
Caldwell
Stanton
Sodje

silverhibee
13-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Do we have any injury doubts for tomorrow.

Wheat Hound
13-01-2012, 02:50 PM

Was O'Hanlon not booked in the abandoned match v Well which apparently still counts?

Sir David Gray
13-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Was O'Hanlon not booked in the abandoned match v Well which apparently still counts?

No, only player who was booked in that game was Griffiths.

silverhibee
13-01-2012, 03:17 PM
If Doyle & Griffiths dont produce the goods for us tomorrow i can see us struggling a bit with midfield and defence that are been banded about on this thread.

Good luck Pat with picking a decent team for tomorrow.

AlbertK86
13-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Brown

Francomb
Stephens
Hanlon
Stevenson

Griffiths
Ozzy
Spoon
Booth

Gaz
Doyle

1875Sean
13-01-2012, 03:30 PM
FYI Stack has been training since Tues and is fit.

Alot of the teams dont have him in the squad ...

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Brown

Francomb
Stephens
Hanlon
Stevenson

Griffiths
Ozzy
Spoon
Booth

Gaz
Doyle

I like this team and thought of the very same, apart from I would have Scott instead of Spoony. Like the idea of Lewis at lb and Booth lm. FWIW I dont think thers any chance this will be the team. I suspect he will go Stack, Fran, Stephenson, Hanlon, Booth, Sproule, Spoony, Galbraith, Stephenson, Doyle, Griff. Hope not tho as would like to see Ozzy right back in but not sue he is ready eben tho he trained a bit this week.

Aldo
13-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Sorry but under no circumstances should Sproule and Galbraith be picked in the same starting 11 ever again. They for me are a total waste if a jersey and bring the square root of nowt to the team. They gave both done nothing this season IMHO. I might go for the following.

Stack (if fully fit... Brown if not)

GF DS PH CB
DW IO LS LG
GOC ED

If GOC isn't fit the LG upfront with Scott in his place

Very young back 4 but I think we have enough to win.

They will score but so will we.

I have omitted Sproule and Galbraith cis they are pish but have a funny feeling OF will play Sproule o and maybe even Hart but won't go there.

3-1 tae Hibs with Doyle on score sheet once again.

Wish I was going but cannot.

GG

hibee81
13-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Any idea if Stevenson is captain material? Maybe he is "up for a fight" but is he a leader or the most vocal?would you say sproule is??I reckon he has all the qualities of a captain, although im not to sure just how vacal he is. Like i said i think he has the bottle to carry us forward as i dont see any other leaders in the team at present.

silverhibee
13-01-2012, 04:56 PM
would you say sproule is??I reckon he has all the qualities of a captain, although im not to sure just how vacal he is. Like i said i think he has the bottle to carry us forward as i dont see any other leaders in the team at present.

Thats because we dont have any leaders in the squad.

I would have Stack as captain.

Judas Iscariot
13-01-2012, 05:24 PM
FYI Stack has been training since Tues and is fit.

Alot of the teams dont have him in the squad ...

Didnae ken this, cheers :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Brown

Francomb Stephens Hanlon Booth

Wotherspoon Osbourne Scott Sproule

Doyle Griffiths

Agree with this line up, I would not play Galbraith and Sproule in same team so would drop them, but if Sproule starts I hope he can do more damage than of late, he has been very lukewarm for me............

Would be good to see Osbourne back to shore midfield up.....

4-4-2 also is my preferred formation

Albion Hibs
13-01-2012, 07:23 PM
I would go for;

Brown

Hart / Stephens / Hanlon / Stevenson

Towell

Sproule / Booth

Osbourne

Griffiths / Doyle

On the basis the new boy for RB has only just signed I would be a bit reluctant about throwing him in. Booth had a mare last visit to Dunfermline and he has not looked any better defensivly since coming back so I would be tempted to play Stevenson their and push him up the field a bit.

Wotherspiniesta
13-01-2012, 08:11 PM
.....................Stack........................

Francomb...Stephens...Hanlon(c).....Booth

......W'Spoon....Ozzy...Stevenson........

.....................Scott........................

...............Doyle......Griffiths..............

Subs: Brown Murray Galbraith Sproule Welsh Caldwell Sodje

A very young back 4 who will need to concentrate all game. Time for Hanlon to step up, cut out the mistakes and be a leader on the park. If Ozzy is back his role will be key, holding things together in the middle of the park. I still don't know what Stevenson offers apart from determination, but seeing as he's been shown up well in the past month or so, it's only fair he keeps his place. It's a formation which has players playing in their correct positions and also a nice balance with the left footed players on the left, and right footed players on the right. I know some people are not a massive fan of the diamond midfield due to the lack of width, but if Francomb and Booth can push on during attacks, it can allow Stevenson or Wotherspoon to drop back and help out during counter-attacks. Scott needs to be fed the ball a little more and he has a decent shot on him, so if we can get him the ball just behind the strikers, he can ping in a few long rangers. Also, Scott should be on corners.

We'll need to be up for it from the first whistle to the last, such is the magnitude of this game. Lose it, and we'll need a lot of bottle to fight our way back from the bottom. Win it, and with a few extra additions during January, we can possibly start looking upwards.

Keep the ball on the deck, keep our shape and get service to our front two, and lets win this one!

GGTTH :flag::flag::hibees:hibees

Billy Whizz
13-01-2012, 08:25 PM
A couple of questions from me. Are O'Connor and Ozzy available for tomorrow?

yekimevol
13-01-2012, 08:37 PM
stack
francombe Stephens hanlon booth
sproule wortherspoon ozzy galbraith
doyle leigh

subs
brown
smith
stanton
scott
caldwell
gazza
another youth player

SteveHFC
13-01-2012, 08:47 PM
A couple of questions from me. Are O'Connor and Ozzy available for tomorrow?

Garry O'Connor, Graham Stack and Isaiah Osbourne return to the squad following injury, while Leigh Griffiths' suspension is in the Scottish Cup. :thumbsup:

Wotherspiniesta
13-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Garry O'Connor, Graham Stack and Isaiah Osbourne return to the squad following injury, while Leigh Griffiths' suspension is in the Scottish Cup. :thumbsup:

Doubt Gaz will make it. He'll be out for about 3 weeks.

scoopyboy
13-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Doubt Gaz will make it. He'll be out for about 3 weeks.

I was told today he will be available for selection.

Whether he is picked or not is another matter.

nonshinyfinish
13-01-2012, 09:38 PM

I thoughts suspensions of this kind came after collecting a certain number of disciplinary points (different bookable offences carrying different numbers of points), rather than just a certain number of yellow cards? :dunno:

SteveHFC
13-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Brown

Francomb
Hanlon
Stephens
Booth

Wotherspoon
Osbourne
Stevenson
Galbraith

Doyle
Griffiths

Subs:
Grant
O'Hanlon
Towell
Sproule
Scott
Sodje
O'Connor

Wotherspiniesta
13-01-2012, 09:56 PM
I was told today he will be available for selection.

Whether he is picked or not is another matter.

I'll take your word for it Scoop.

I was just basing my judgement on what PF was saying a few days ago.

FWIW, I'd have him on the bench anyway.