PDA

View Full Version : Beat the Bookie

HNA4
13-01-2012, 10:22 AM
http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7632&stc=1

Welcome to this week's top tips from hibs.net. Each week a hibs.net member presents their selections for the weekend.

Last week, mim climbed to the top of the BtB ladder, clambering over Desperate Dan to get there. mim had a nice 10/1 return with his correct score (Birmingham 0 v Wolves 0) so that gained him a £6 profit, assuming a virtual £1 on each of the 5 bets. Well done.

This week's Tipster trying to grab the top rung is TQM and you can see his selections on the hibs.net Front Page... HERE (http://www.hibs.net/content.php?257-Beat-the-Bookie-18)

Mikey
13-01-2012, 01:44 PM
No doubles?

:tee hee:

IWasThere2016
13-01-2012, 02:01 PM
No doubles?

:tee hee:

:cool2:

Just get on that 14/1 correct score single .. you can thank me afterwards

Mikey
13-01-2012, 02:14 PM
If that one game doesn't end up a draw you're totally effed.

I'll be sticking my cash on 5-0 :greengrin

HibbyAndy
13-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Very decent treble Garry :aok:

But Norwich will beat WBA, So thats your draws and your super single knacked:greengrin

H18sry
13-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Very decent treble Garry :aok:

But Norwich will beat WBA, So thats your draws and your super single knacked:greengrin

After your advice on Wednesday I again shall be backing against your selections :wink:

HibbyAndy
13-01-2012, 04:41 PM
After your advice on Wednesday I again shall be backing against your selections :wink:

Whatever i select just pick the opposite, It seems to work:greengrin

IWasThere2016
13-01-2012, 06:20 PM

Yup .. HibbyJinx has just done ma treble via his endorsement! :grr:

lyonhibs
13-01-2012, 06:43 PM
So if WBA and Norwich don't draw, 3 of your bets are goosed?? That's going against one of my key tactics of putting on multiple coupons - don't put the same game on both.

Doing that is an absolute guarantee that it won't go your way, and both/all your bets are up the spout!!

HibbyAndy
13-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Yup .. HibbyJinx has just done ma treble via his endorsement! :grr:

:hilarious

:greengrin

So if WBA and Norwich don't draw, 3 of your bets are goosed?? That's going against one of my key tactics of putting on multiple couplons - don't put the same game on both.

Doing that is an absolute guarantee that it won't go your way, and both/all your bets are up the spout!!

:agree::agree:

I hardly ever pick the same team in various bets.

Garry must be new to this betting malarky:greengrin

School boy error G:wink:

Mikey
13-01-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm sure he said he'd be taking out Doyle sponsorship if any of those bets come in.

BroxburnHibee and HappyHibbie are in big time.

Big time :agree:

Sergey
13-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Fairly decent looking bets, G.

I'm normally loathed to bet on footy, but I might have a wee bet on the WBA/Norwich draw.

I'd have swerved the Newcastle/QPR match.

Sergey
14-01-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm no financial wizard....but it looks like TQM is -£5 :greengrin

IWasThere2016
15-01-2012, 08:05 PM
So if WBA and Norwich don't draw, 3 of your bets are goosed?? That's going against one of my key tactics of putting on multiple coupons - don't put the same game on both.

I was given minutes to do the bets .. it showed - however Andy's 'support' was a sure sign of failure :agree:

HibbyAndy
15-01-2012, 08:18 PM
I was given minutes to do the bets .. it showed - however Andy's 'support' was a sure sign of failure :agree:

Garry i never supported you bud, Made it evidently clear Norwich would win and burst your bets.

Norwich did indeed win and your bets were goosed.

Sorry to be the party pooper, But nae danger was i taking WBA in 3 bets to take care of Norwich.

Hate to say ' I told you so ' :wink:

HNA4
15-01-2012, 08:29 PM
So how did TQM do?

Drew a blank but was a bit unlucky inasmuch as the game in which he'd rested most of his hopes ended up 1-2 when he needed a draw. This meant his single, three draws and correct scoreline were bust.

A couple of goals in the right netting might have seen his treble come in but it was a win and two draws.

Single = beat

Treble = 1/3

Five Fold = 2/5

Three Draws = 1/3

Correct score = incorrect.

So £5 down on the day, assuming a virtual £1 on each bet.

We're still looking for more BtB volunteers.

Wilson
16-01-2012, 10:08 AM
We're still looking for more BtB volunteers.

I'll have a go then.

HNA4
16-01-2012, 10:12 AM
I'll have a go then.

Thanks. We'll be in touch when it's your shot.

duffers
16-01-2012, 12:00 PM
I'll have a go too.