PDA

View Full Version : NHC Cowdenrangers

Hibernia Na Eir
13-01-2012, 09:53 AM
THE smelliest outfit in the land. Theres nothin worse than the low lifes such as those screaming behind Pat Fenlon last week. And let's not forget the smattering of Yams in there too.
Part time hun isn't a good summary of them. Feel free to summarise them....

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-01-2012, 10:40 AM
THE smelliest outfit in the land. Theres nothin worse than the low lifes such as those screaming behind Pat Fenlon last week. And let's not forget the smattering of Yams in there too.

Sadly the norm in Fife and that's why all the Fife teams are so poorly supported, lots of yams over there as well I may add so it just goes to show how bad teams from the kingdom.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 11:20 AM

Bigots o' Beath

scuttle
13-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Cowdungbeath

cabbageandribs1875
13-01-2012, 01:07 PM
"They come fae near Lochgelly
They hivnae goat a telly
Their dirty and their smelly
The Cowden Family"

CraigHibee
13-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Choose LIFE not FIFE

H18SScottW
13-01-2012, 01:53 PM
There's only two good things to come out of Fife ... and they're both bridges :agree:

IWasThere2016
13-01-2012, 02:12 PM
There's only two good things to come out of Fife ... and they're both bridges :agree:

:boo hoo: No me and Dougray???

Dashing Bob S
13-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Going to pitch in for Cowden here. Most Cowdenbeath fans go along and follow their home town club with honor, wit and humour. Like all small towns in Scotland, a cup game against premier opposition, especially Hibs, given our origins, becomes an afternoon out for alcoholic, sectarian, sex-offender types who, for two hours, get to leave the ******ing den of their choice where they habitually 'follow' Rangers on Sky and ESPN. This afternoon gives them a forum to show off their unique wit (strangely also practiced identically by those who inhabit small towns in Ayrshire, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire etc) and boundless charm, on behalf of their local town.

I suspect the regular Cowden fans tolerate these visits because they know they are mercifully rare.

Jim44
13-01-2012, 02:50 PM
It really is a bit rich for their vice chairman to plead for the unbigoted innocence of his club's supporters verbal attack on Fenlon. But I suppose it would have been richer still if the chairman himself had expressed his feelings. :greengrin

frazeHFC
13-01-2012, 03:01 PM
They were doing the bouncy = Huns :agree: Hate Cowdenbeath now, the place is a dump, the fans are a joke, the stadium is a joke. Just generally slumlike.

Geo_1875
13-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Going to pitch in for Cowden here. Most Cowdenbeath fans go along and follow their home town club with honor, wit and humour. Like all small towns in Scotland, a cup game against premier opposition, especially Hibs, given our origins, becomes an afternoon out for alcoholic, sectarian, sex-offender types who, for two hours, get to leave the ******ing den of their choice where they habitually 'follow' Rangers on Sky and ESPN. This afternoon gives them a forum to show off their unique wit (strangely also practiced identically by those who inhabit small towns in Ayrshire, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire etc) and boundless charm, on behalf of their local town.

I suspect the regular Cowden fans tolerate these visits because they know they are mercifully rare.

Totally agree. Been there many times and seen the pubs infested with yokels in OF and hertz tops watching racing on a stolen telly while their "home" team plays in front of 200 regulars. Can't blame Cowdenbeath FC for the **** thnat live there.

CraigHibee
13-01-2012, 04:52 PM
They were doing the bouncy = Huns :agree: Hate Cowdenbeath now, the place is a dump, the fans are a joke, the stadium is a joke. Just generally YAM LIKE.

corrected that bud :wink:

LancsHibs
13-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Personally I found the club officials at Cowden very hospitable and accomodating as were the majority of the Cowden fans (I was sat in the main stand) apart from a few loudmouths who knew there were Hibbys in their midst, but did not hear anything which could be described as sectarian.
I agree with Dashing Bob.:aok:
Any Hibees from Cowdenbeath here to defend the place?

RIP
13-01-2012, 05:22 PM
The place was infiltrated by Yams.

On the telly you could hear them singing Hearts, Hearts, Glorious Hearts and they were winding up Leigh from the start

Hermit Crab
13-01-2012, 05:26 PM

On the telly you could hear them singing Hearts, Hearts, Glorious Hearts and they were winding up Leigh from the start

How do you know this? They were just trying to wind the hibs fans up. Evidently some have taken the bait.

frazeHFC
13-01-2012, 08:15 PM

That was actually being by some Hibees, drunk ones never the less.

SkintHibby
14-01-2012, 05:05 AM
I don't like to generalise but the type of job I do I'm in means I travel the length and breadth of Scotland and it often means getting a tip.

Fifers are the moaniest gits goin and they NEVER dip their hands in their pockets.

Apologies to the Fifers on here but you are not my kind of people.

Oh and Cowdenbeath and Lochgelly are HOLES!

SkintHibby
14-01-2012, 05:10 AM
by those who inhabit small towns in Ayrshire, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire etc) and boundless charm, on behalf of their local town

Perish the thought that may be going to places like that pretty soon on a regular basis.:rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
14-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Personally I found the club officials at Cowden very hospitable and accomodating as were the majority of the Cowden fans (I was sat in the main stand) apart from a few loudmouths who knew there were Hibbys in their midst, but did not hear anything which could be described as sectarian.

:agree: Sir Bob of Stone Island is correct also.

There were a few Cowden Hibbys there as my auld man knew /recognised a few.

Bostonhibby
14-01-2012, 08:44 AM

Tae be fair on them though, it's still 1690 in some sub cultures over there.

Have to say there realy was a prize winning erse beside the Hibs radio commentator, easily one of the worst I can remember but I wasn't sure he was bright enough to be sectarian as that might involve putting other words in between the swearing and random utterances of the words Hibs & Fenlon. Edinburgh seemed to cause him a problem too, well its a far away mythical land for his type I suppose, with more than 5 cattle and females other than those you are related to so understandable he might get excited about it.

Gala Foxes
14-01-2012, 09:23 AM
I can't believe people are getting stressed out a week after we played a wee diddy team that at best had 3 or 4 hundred supporters at the game last week and where, I don't deny, there were obviously 20 or 30 muppets.

Move on

Bostonhibby
14-01-2012, 09:32 AM
I can't believe people are getting stressed out a week after we played a wee diddy team that at best had 3 or 4 hundred supporters at the game last week and where, I don't deny, there were obviously 20 or 30 muppets.

Move on

Calm, relaxed and enjoying the laugh :greengrin

harpo
14-01-2012, 09:45 AM

Move on

So our manager has been abused for being an irish catholic and your saying its we who should move on. Nice one!

Its the bigots who should move on not us.

LancsHibs
14-01-2012, 12:06 PM
So our manager has been abused for being an irish catholic and your saying its we who should move on. Nice one!

Its the bigots who should move on not us.

Was he???

Jones28
14-01-2012, 01:14 PM
They were doing the bouncy = Huns :agree: Hate Cowdenbeath now, the place is a dump, the fans are a joke, the stadium is a joke. Just generally slumlike.

As our own DBS described it: "it is one of the few towns in Europe you leave delighted at having not gotten your hole" :greengrin:not worth

Hibernia Na Eir
14-01-2012, 02:35 PM

maybe Pat Fenlon is a liar then?

FFS

Hibernia Na Eir
14-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Was he???

think you ought to read up on events during last weeks game

LancsHibs
14-01-2012, 03:09 PM
think you ought to read up on events during last weeks game

No need I was there sat in the stand behind PF and as previously stated I did not hear anything sectarian. Where we're you sat??

Hibernia Na Eir
14-01-2012, 04:30 PM
in front of Scotsman reading Fenlon's comments of personal anti-Irish abuse from Cowdenbeath supporters.

Hibernia Na Eir
14-01-2012, 07:33 PM
No need I was there sat in the stand behind PF and as previously stated I did not hear anything sectarian. Where we're you sat??

Sorry, was repoerted in Herald, not Scotsman:-
Michael Grant,
Chief football writer:-

Pat Fenlon, the Hibernian manager, has revealed that he raised the issue of anti-Irish abuse at Cowdenbeath because he was frustrated that only footballers get punished for bad behaviour.

Fenlon spoke to a police officer at full-time after being subjected to sustained personal abuse from some home supporters during Hibs' William Hill Scottish Cup fourth-round win at Central Park on Saturday, much of it referring to his nationality. The Dubliner consulted the police but decided to take no further action and brushed off the episode rather than submit a formal complaint.

But in an exclusive interview with Herald Sport, Fenlon said it had irritated him that supporters could get away with shouting abuse while players were routinely suspended for minor misdemeanours during a match. His own striker, Leigh Griffiths, was given a one-match ban for making a gesture at rangers supporters in December. Griffiths was this week offered another one-match Scottish Cup suspension by the Scottish Football Association for a similar gesture to Hibs' own fans after he scored in the 3-2 win over Cowdenbeath. He will contest the charge at an SFA fast track tribunal today.

"I didn't want to make an issue out of it," said Fenlon of Saturday's abuse. "I just wanted to speak to the policeman and ask about it. He said he hadn't heard it but would make an inquiry, and he came back and said if I wanted to make an official complaint then I could. I didn't want to do that. I'm not that type.

"I've dealt with abuse in the past. But sometimes you find it hard when you see players getting bans for silly things on the pitch and then things like that go over people's heads."

Fenlon was singled out by some in his home country after becoming the first Dublin Catholic to play for the traditionally Belfast Protestant club Linfield. He told Herald Sport that Linfield had been exceptionally welcoming to him when he signed in 1993 but he had subsequently received verbal abuse from some fellow Catholics in Dublin for agreeing to sign for the club, given its history.

"I'm not one for moaning about that stuff [at Cowdenbeath], I've taken plenty of stick. It's actually nice to be called an 'Irish b******' rather than an 'Orange b******' when you're used to that! You can be called one or the other! You're going to get that, it's everywhere, I've had it in Dublin.

"But I just felt that if you're going to clamp down so much on players on the pitch – and I don't have a major problem with that – then you have to make sure that it's right across the board."

Fenlon said he had no problem with the police officer he spoke to being unaware of the shouts at Central Park, and as far as he was concerned the matter was over. "If people didn't hear it or notice it then that's fine. I can't do anything about that," he said.

Does this equate to sectarianism then?

Pete
15-01-2012, 03:00 AM
I don't like to generalise but the type of job I do I'm in means I travel the length and breadth of Scotland and it often means getting a tip.

Fifers are the moaniest gits goin and they NEVER dip their hands in their pockets.

Apologies to the Fifers on here but you are not my kind of people.

Oh and Cowdenbeath and Lochgelly are HOLES!

You don't like to generalise but...:rolleyes:

I've stayed if Fife for a few years and have to defend the residents. Their sense of humour is often dry and they don't suffer fools gladly...down to earth is the way I'd describe them.

I also work in a trade where tips are the order of the day and I'm not sure I could be as accurate as you when it comes to categorising who gives tips. I work in Edinburgh where there is a mix of every nationality and every type of person yet I still get tips off Australians and Irish regularly.

The bottom line is that people from Fife aren't that much different from the born and bred Edinburgh person. I just think the general perception of Edinburgh is softened by the amount of people living there who weren't born there....which is a high percentage.

Crossing the bridge home from work is like coming home to reality and earthiness from pretentiousness and unnecessary bitchy issues.

...and the hun ratio is not that much greater than East, West or Midlothian in my opinion. Why are ourselves and hearts not better supported?

Peevemor
15-01-2012, 09:34 AM
You don't like to generalise but...:rolleyes:

I've stayed if Fife for a few years and have to defend the residents. Their sense of humour is often dry and they don't suffer fools gladly...down to earth is the way I'd describe them.

I also work in a trade where tips are the order of the day and I'm not sure I could be as accurate as you when it comes to categorising who gives tips. I work in Edinburgh where there is a mix of every nationality and every type of person yet I still get tips off Australians and Irish regularly.

The bottom line is that people from Fife aren't that much different from the born and bred Edinburgh person. I just think the general perception of Edinburgh is softened by the amount of people living there who weren't born there....which is a high percentage.

Crossing the bridge home from work is like coming home to reality and earthiness from pretentiousness and unnecessary bitchy issues.

...and the hun ratio is not that much greater than East, West or Midlothian in my opinion. Why are ourselves and hearts not better supported?

True, but there is a difference. I've a good few pals from the 'neeburhood', mostly St. Andrews, and they reckon that people from West Fife are different from those from the East ("real Fifers").

The world would be boring if everyone was the same.