PDA

View Full Version : Hibs want sutton on loan

CRAZYHIBBY
13-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Just heard this on the radio and didnt see it posted.......thoughts?

Brebners Bookie
13-01-2012, 07:15 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/01/13/hearts-striker-john-sutton-in-line-for-shock-loan-switch-to-rivals-hibs-86908-23696902/

Mikeystewart
13-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Would want him as long as the money was right with regards to percentage of wages being paid. Especially if GO'C is on the way out.

EK_Hibs
13-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Would want him as long as the money was right with regards to percentage of wages being paid. Especially if GO'C is on the way out.

Good player, would certainly score goals for us if given a run in the team and service up front.

However...

He's on around £5k p/w and the Yams would be looking for 100% of this to be covered due to their wage problems...
and whenever they loan players to other SPL clubs they always have an agreement that said player cannot play against them...
That would annoy me to see us potentially 'weakened' come the next derby day.

Dr Jimmy
13-01-2012, 07:41 AM
One of tHe problems with getting him on loan is he wouldn't be allowed to play for us against them. Therefore we would go into the derbies minus a striker. That said, can't see this ever happening anyway.

Craig_in_Prague
13-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Good player, would certainly score goals for us if given a run in the team and service up front.

However...

He's on around £5k p/w and the Yams would be looking for 100% of this to be covered due to their wage problems...
and whenever they loan players to other SPL clubs they always have an agreement that said player cannot play against them...

I can't see hardly any club wanting to take him and cover 5K a week, even the championship.
So Hearts will need to compromise, or he will need to take a cut.

We will play Hearts one more time this season, Fenlon needs to keep us up and we have another 16 games or so - if he thinks he's a player that'll help us in these games, it's more important than the one at Tynie.

Actually can't see this one happening anyway and think it's just paper talk.

Billy Whizz
13-01-2012, 07:49 AM
One of tHe problems with getting him on loan is he wouldn't be allowed to play for us against them. Therefore we would go into the derbies minus a striker. That said, can't see this ever happening anyway.

There will only be one derby left this season

spike220
13-01-2012, 07:51 AM
It kinda makes sense, certainly from a from a financial point of view for each club.

Both hibs and hearts stand to lose the derby if hibs go down. This is huge for both teams in revenue and profile. Hearts (as a club and not the fans) would not wnat to see us go down. If we went down it would weaken their revenue and hence squad.

It kind of makes sense from a financial point of view.

I would take him, he seems to be a goal maker and scorer. If GoC has gone we will need him and when he pulls on a green shirt I will be right behind him.

A daring move by PF, if true, he is obviously looking at all his options. and leaving no stone unturned.

Emmm...Crazy enough, it might just work.:cb

GGTTH

Mikeystewart
13-01-2012, 07:57 AM
I'd a agree it would be disappointing to lose him for a derby but as mentioned before it would be "ONE" derby (assuming we finish bottom six) which is potentially only three points and who knows what starting XI Hearts will be fielding by then.

I would rather focus on all the other points we would gain from his goals which he "WOULD" score, provided he gets the right service.

oneone73
13-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Is he cup-tied?

Stevie Reid
13-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Would be delighted to get him but really can't see Hearts allowing him to come to us.

The_Famous_HFC
13-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Antibody got a link to his reported wages?

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Take him in a second, would defo add a bit quality to our squad. Wouldnt be too surprised if this happened to be honest, after all Hearts want him of the wages and if we will take him with a suitable percentage of his wages covered then IMO it wouldnt matter to them who he goes to. Not exactky like we are a threat to them this season and as said previously he wouldnt be allowed to play against them anyway.

Go for it Paddy! Maybee the Billy Brown factor will swing it with him given it was him and JJ that got him there in the first place (And the sheckles right enough)

Cabbage East
13-01-2012, 08:38 AM
They would let him go anywhere but us.

ahibby
13-01-2012, 08:42 AM
It sounds a bit strange to me. If Sutton earns 5K as reported then he might want to sit tight and hope he can get all the money Hearts are due him even if he doesn't play. On the other hand, it sounds like Hearts would love to rip up his contract and if he agreed to that (which I'm not sure I would in his place but would at least consider it because of Hearts paying record) then Hibs could nip in. If the report is true then it looks as though GOC is on his way out, but would Rangers rather have GOC or Sutton, surely they could afford Sutton if they want him and he has less baggage than Gary. If Hibs offered half the salary for Sutton to Hearts I think they'd take it, whether they would pass it on to Sutton is another matter. I'm not convinced that loan players are good for us at this stage, I'd rather we could get committed players in who would have an interest in us staying up, loan players don't really fit that category.

lord bunberry
13-01-2012, 08:42 AM
I'd a agree it would be disappointing to lose him for a derby but as mentioned before it would be "ONE" derby (assuming we finish bottom six) which is potentially only three points and who knows what starting XI Hearts will be fielding by then.

I would rather focus on all the other points we would gain from his goals which he "WOULD" score, provided he gets the right service.

I assume we would only sign him if goc was leaving and the problem with that is sutton isn't as good a player as goc so we would be weakened by signing him

Jim44
13-01-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm prepared to be shot down in flames but does anybody else feel a bit uncomfortable, to say the least, about going cap in hand to 'them' to borrow a player? Or are we now so useless and desperate that pride has flown out the window. Right, with that off my chest, I would suggest that this whole issue is academic anyway, as they will be wanting his whole monthly wage paid in full. St Mirren have already had a loan offer refused, presumably because they wanted to only pay a proportion of his wage.

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm prepared to be shot down in flames but does anybody else feel a bit uncomfortable, to say the least, about going cap in hand to 'them' to borrow a player? Or are we now so useless and desperate that pride has flown out the window. Right, with that off my chest, I would suggest that this whole issue is academic anyway, as they will be wanting his whole monthly wage paid in full. St Mirren have already had a loan offer refused, presumably because they wanted to only pay a proportion of his wage.

No Jim not me mate, I wouldnt give a toss if we signed any of their players if it was going to improve us and keep is the league, then re-evaluate in the sumnmer. We cant afford to discount decent quality players just cause they may well be signed from Hearts.

Plus it would probs p*ss off a number of their fans cause they wouldnt want to see the majority of players leave them, especially ones like Sutton to come to Hibs.

johnrebus
13-01-2012, 09:03 AM
I don't believe a word of this.

Only yesterday Fenlon said in the press that we are just as big a club if not bigger than the Hearts, then he is going cap in hand to borrow a player but does not want to pay his full wages?

Does not make sense.

:confused:

Persevere80
13-01-2012, 09:08 AM
I assume we would only sign him if goc was leaving and the problem with that is sutton isn't as good a player as goc so we would be weakened by signing him

Good point, but i would like to see us buy him, i am sure we would get a good return and a not bad replacment. A proven SPL player good in the air and given a regular place on the team i am sure he would get us a lot goals.

flash
13-01-2012, 09:11 AM
He's not coming thankfully. It's bad enough having to suffer Billy Brown in the dugout without having to take their cast off players too.

Thecat23
13-01-2012, 09:29 AM
He's not coming thankfully. It's bad enough having to suffer Billy Brown in the dugout without having to take their cast off players too.

Nothing wrong with having him at Hibs. He is a Hibs man and for me i think having him with us will work out well done the line.

Petrie's Tache
13-01-2012, 09:42 AM

Sauce?

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Would be delighted to get him but really can't see Hearts allowing him to come to us.

:agree::agree:

Cropley10
13-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Precisely the sort of player we should be bringing in IMO.

Not a world beater but not a gamble either.

Made a difference immediately in the Derby and would work well with Doyle I reckon.

Cropley10
13-01-2012, 09:50 AM

Oh please. Cast offs? As if Hibs can afford to be picky here, it's not like we're thinking about Gary Mackay or Gary Locke FFS. Sutton's been there 6 months!

EK_Hibs
13-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Sauce?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hearts/293477-hearts-set-to-snub-hibs-bid-for-john-sutton/?

chriswood1401
13-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Looks like we'll need to stump up the cash if we want him.

Still think he's a player definitely worth pursuing.

Only question is, how much would the Yams want for him, especially with 2 1/2 years to run on his contract?

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Precisely the sort of player we should be bringing in IMO.

Not a world beater but not a gamble either.

Made a difference immediately in the Derby and would work well with Doyle I reckon.

Agreed........ An experienced SPL striker.....Would suit me down to the ground

flash
13-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Oh please. Cast offs? As if Hibs can afford to be picky here, it's not like we're thinking about Gary Mackay or Gary Locke FFS. Sutton's been there 6 months!

Maybe its just me, and i dont care if it is, but i dont want to turn to that shower in our time of need.
Each to their own.

Petrie's Tache
13-01-2012, 10:20 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hearts/293477-hearts-set-to-snub-hibs-bid-for-john-sutton/?

Cheers. 150k should get him.

PeterboroHibee
13-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Id definitely take him at Hibs, proven SPL quality, powerful, holds the ball up well. Dont think a loan deal would be all that great, but if theres money available for a permanent signing then he would be a much better option than Twigg (although I imagine he will have a lot higher wage demands).

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 10:45 AM

So whats so bad about having Billy Brown in the dug out then? If its purley cause of his past with Hearts then thats just crazy IMO, how can we be so short sighted to dismiss people from doing a good job with us purley because they had a past relationship with Hearts? You've seen it in manchester, the midlands, Tyne/wearside, London it happens all the time. We are not so high and mighty that we can be so short sighted to dismiss all with links to our rivals IMO.

Each to their own though I guess.

Anyway on another note, what ever happened to the wee Spanish Waitor, is he in the auction? :greengrin

Mikeystewart
13-01-2012, 10:50 AM
So whats so bad about having Billy Brown in the dug out then? If its purley cause of his past with Hearts then thats just crazy IMO, how can we be so short sighted to dismiss people from doing a good job with us purley because they had a past relationship with Hearts? You've seen it in manchester, the midlands, Tyne/wearside, London it happens all the time. We are not so high and mighty that we can be so short sighted to dismiss all with links to our rivals IMO.

Each to their own though I guess.

Anyway on another note, what ever happened to the wee Spanish Waitor, is he in the auction? :greengrin

:top marks

easty
13-01-2012, 10:52 AM

I have no problem taking players that have played for them, assuming they do thier job at Easter Road well.

As for the bit in bold though....is he doing a good job? Are we better since he came in? :hijack:

flash
13-01-2012, 10:52 AM
High and mighty my erse. i hate hertz.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 10:55 AM
High and mighty my erse. i hate hertz.

We all do, but I would still take a few of their players off their hands, if it were to benefit us

Cropley10
13-01-2012, 11:16 AM
We all do, but I would still take a few of their players off their hands, if it were to benefit us

:agree: AND weaken them at the same time!!

Hermit Crab
13-01-2012, 11:17 AM

Absolutely mate. I couldn't give a rats ass who their previous clubs were as long as they produce the goods for Hibs. :agree:

Cropley10
13-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Maybe its just me, and i dont care if it is, but i dont want to turn to that shower in our time of need.
Each to their own.

So if I won the Euro Lottery tonight and could pick the best players out of their team and put them in to our team so that we were stronger and they were immediately weaker (remember Vlad needs the cash to survive, he won't reinvest it in other players) you wouldn't want that because these guys had played for Hearts??

Sir David Gray
13-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Is he cup-tied?

Nope.

flash
13-01-2012, 11:23 AM
So if I won the Euro Lottery tonight and could pick the best players out of their team and put them in to our team so that we were stronger and they were immediately weaker (remember Vlad needs the cash to survive, he won't reinvest it in other players) you wouldn't want that because these guys had played for Hearts??

If you had millions to spend why would you go to a mid table SPL team to spend them? It's now got even worse with some advocating we even pay a fee for him and help keep them afloat.

I must be one of those tribalists that Mercer was always on about.

hibiedude
13-01-2012, 11:35 AM
I cant believe there are some people saying the woundn't take Sutton - he scored 15 goals with Motherwell before going to the yams.

Great player who will score goals "giving a chance" know matter were he ends up.

Cropley10
13-01-2012, 11:37 AM
If you had millions to spend why would you go to a mid table SPL team to spend them? It's now got even worse with some advocating we even pay a fee for him and help keep them afloat.

I must be one of those tribalists that Mercer was always on about.

I wouldn't spend millions on Hearts players or any other players for that matter. I'd pay very generous bonuses for Derby victories though.

I'd love to rip the best players out of that team and anything else I could to weaken them.

Hibbyradge
13-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Don't we already have the maximum number of loan players?

EK_Hibs
13-01-2012, 11:38 AM
:agree: AND weaken them at the same time!!

Pauline Sergio isnt really giving him much game time so not sure that's much of an issue.

Jones28
13-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Buy him Rod, you know it makes sense :aok:

Would you sooner have Sutton at Hibs with no baggage than GO'C with all his? :dunno:

Albion Hibs
13-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Why would hertz ever loan us a player? Would we loan them one in a bid to get away from the bottom of the table? No chance I would have thought.

And I also dont think money comes into this. Hertz have never had an issue with paying players big wages and having them sitting in the stands for years, and latterly they have not even been bothered when they are not paying them!

In order for sutton to leave I would assume he could stick in a transfer request (and forfit his contract being paid up - not that he is getting paid anyway), or hertz could decided to sell him, in which case they would probably have to pay him up which might cost them £200k or whatever, so any transfer would surely have to be in excess of that.

Cant see it happening, but if O'Connor, Sodje and Agogo are away we certainly need to be getting someone in.

Jones28
13-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Griffiths, Towell and Francomb?

Are you only allowed 3 loan players per season? :confused:

easty
13-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Why would hertz ever loan us a player? Would we loan them one in a bid to get away from the bottom of the table? No chance I would have thought.

And I also dont think money comes into this. Hertz have never had an issue with paying players big wages and having them sitting in the stands for years, and latterly they have not even been bothered when they are not paying them!

In order for sutton to leave I would assume he could stick in a transfer request (and forfit his contract being paid up - not that he is getting paid anyway), or hertz could decided to sell him, in which case they would probably have to pay him up which might cost them £200k or whatever, so any transfer would surely have to be in excess of that.

Cant see it happening, but if O'Connor, Sodje and Agogo are away we certainly need to be getting someone in.

If we had someone who wasn't deemed good enough to get in our team sitting in the stand/on the bench, and that person was on £5k a week, then, aye I'd be happy for them to take him and pay his wages.

flash
Buy him Rod, you know it makes sense :aok:

Would you sooner have Sutton at Hibs with no baggage than GO'C with all his? :dunno:

No in a word.

smurf

That's pathetic.

Dinkydoo
13-01-2012, 11:46 AM
He'd be a good signing IMO but I'd rather that we focussed more on addressing the other, higher priority areas of the team such as Centre Half and Midfield.

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2012, 11:51 AM
We will play Hearts one more time this season, Fenlon needs to keep us up and we have another 16 games or so - if he thinks he's a player that'll help us in these games, it's more important than the one at Tynie.

There will only be one derby left this season

One in the SPL - what about the Cup game(s)?...

I'm prepared to be shot down in flames but does anybody else feel a bit uncomfortable, to say the least, about going cap in hand to 'them' to borrow a player?

I heard they've come cap in hand to us 'cos they can't afford him.

'Cos they can't afford him - they need to get rid or go bust. I could sum it up by saying they're desperate.

Bayern Bru

Towell, Griffiths and Francomb.

Think it's a max of five players, with a max four from any one club, but no more than 2 players over 23 can join a club on loan.

Think you can send out up to six on loan; we've currently got four out on loan.

Of course, I could be totally wrong here :cool2:

Bayern Bru

That particular rule - that players can't play against their parent club - doesn't count in the Scottish Cup, I don't think...

PeterboroHibee
13-01-2012, 11:53 AM
He'd be a good signing IMO but I'd rather that we focussed more on addressing the other, higher priority areas of the team such as Centre Half and Midfield.

Id agree we have other areas that are arguably in greater need of new players, but we arent particularly good upfront either, and if a good player is available, we should go for him.

Jones28
13-01-2012, 11:53 AM
No in a word.

Care to elaborate? :greengrin

PatHead
13-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Wanted him before he went to Hearts and would still take him now. Exactly type of player I have been saying we should try and buy. Couldn't care if money went to Hearts. It is like peeing against the wind in their case.

flash
13-01-2012, 11:58 AM
That's pathetic.

No. waging a war against the people who run my own club. That would be pathetic.

Sir David Gray
13-01-2012, 12:01 PM

It would appear that each club is allowed four loan players in their squad at any one time.

D5.4 Subject to Rules D5.7 and D5.12, a Club (i) shall not during any part of a Season have more than four Players Registered to it on the basis of temporary transfers and of those Players not more than one shall not be an Under 21 Player and (ii) shall not at any time have more than one Player Registered to it on the basis of a temporary transfer from each other Club

So we could get Sutton on loan.

Hibbyradge
13-01-2012, 12:02 PM
No. waging a war against the people who run my own club. That would be pathetic.

:aok:

silverhibee
13-01-2012, 12:05 PM

I heard they've come cap in hand to us 'cos they can't afford him.

'Cos they can't afford him - they need to get rid or go bust. I could sum it up by saying they're desperate.

I have heard they are touting him to every club in the UK, not just us.

Spike Mandela
13-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Hearts are sending out really mixed signals. They need to slash the wage bill but 'only on terms that suit them', they need to get rid of players but 'perhaps need them for rest of season'.

They are being really difficult to deal with as if they are a collective mirror image of their owner, Danny Lennon admits as such in EEN.

Why should Hibs even take part in this car crash and give them the propaganda coup of rejecting our bids.

Which club in their right mind would meet Hearts crazy demands for players and not wait till their last minute desperation to sell.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hearts/hibs_amongst_spl_clubs_to_show_interest_in_hearts_ striker_john_sutton_1_2054601

Saorsa
13-01-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm prepared to be shot down in flames but does anybody else feel a bit uncomfortable, to say the least, about going cap in hand to 'them' to borrow a player? Or are we now so useless and desperate that pride has flown out the window. Right, with that off my chest, I would suggest that this whole issue is academic anyway, as they will be wanting his whole monthly wage paid in full. St Mirren have already had a loan offer refused, presumably because they wanted to only pay a proportion of his wage.Although I wouldnae mind him as a player I wouldnae be interested in doing any kind of business with that circus.

Dashing Bob S
13-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Shows both clubs up for the messes they are. It's a like a sanctimonious, straight-peg small businessman who won't put his hand in his pocket, trying to scam a practically worthless piece of Florida real estate from a penniless, coked-up, deluded jakey who borrowed the money to fund the purchase of it in the first place.

Hibs-Hearts-John Sutton...enough said.

Septimus
13-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Seem to recall that we were said to be interested in Sutton, Webster and Barr and others but were thwarted by Hearts stepping in and paying them money that clearly they could not afford. I see no problem in taking players like this as long as their demands are realistic and we can afford them.

That Hearts are now trying to unload because of financial strictures simply shows what a poorly run outfit they are. If we can benefit in some way from this then great.

smurf
13-01-2012, 12:27 PM

Waging war? Don't be ridiculous. Critical in areas yes. Basically even if personnel is available that could improve us then you are not interested if there are any Yam connections. That's pathetic.

smurf
13-01-2012, 12:28 PM
:aok:

Really. And who is?

mjhibby
13-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Does anybody really believe this is anything but made up story.If sutton was at any other club than hertz i might believe it but think it is a load of bull.Anyway he is out of contract at the end of the season and he will probably sit tight and pick up his wages until then.We have griffiths oconnor and doyle anyway so unless we are going to offload garry(which i doubt) then we arent going after suttton.Imho of course.

007 Mickey Weir
13-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Does anybody really believe this is anything but made up story.If sutton was at any other club than hertz i might believe it but think it is a load of bull.Anyway he is out of contract at the end of the season and he will probably sit tight and pick up his wages until then.We have griffiths oconnor and doyle anyway so unless we are going to offload garry(which i doubt) then we arent going after suttton.Imho of course.

I think he is contracted longer than that. Signed a 3 year deal in summer I think. Also if GOC is being 'sent to Coventry' to sort out his sore 'toe' then we need another option. Sutton is much better at holding ball up and would be more focused on Hibs than GOC is.

We will see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

bawheid
13-01-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm with flash on this.

There are hundreds of players available out there who will be better options than John Sutton. Remember, this goon turned Hibs down to go to the maroon balloons in the first place. You've made your bed Sutton - lie in it.

No. No Jambo cast-offs at Easter Road thanks. We'll get ourselves out of this mess without needing to borrow (never mind buy!) any of their rejects.

John Sutton, FFS. He's not even that good!

Plus his brother is an erse.

Albion Hibs
13-01-2012, 12:46 PM
If we had someone who wasn't deemed good enough to get in our team sitting in the stand/on the bench, and that person was on £5k a week, then, aye I'd be happy for them to take him and pay his wages.

And how exactly are we going to pay 5k a week? Plus lets remember he is only getting paid when they feel like paying him.

Brooster
13-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm with flash on this.

There are hundreds of players available out there who will be better options than John Sutton. Remember, this goon turned Hibs down to go to the maroon balloons in the first place. You've made your bed Sutton - lie in it.

No. No Jambo cast-offs at Easter Road thanks. We'll get ourselves out of this mess without needing to borrow (never mind buy!) any of their rejects.

Out of these hundreds of players out there who are better than Sutton who would you like to see Hibs signing?

H18sry
Agreed........ An experienced SPL striker.....Would suit me down to the ground

Derek Riordan :tin hat:

Hibbyradge
Really. And who is?

:dunno:

But you agree it would be utterly pathetic, don't you?

SteveHFC
13-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Good Player but we won't get him.

The clowns on kickback:
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/105153-hibernian-want-sutton-on-loan/

bawheid
13-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Out of these hundreds of players out there who are better than Sutton who would you like to see Hibs signing?

As much as I'd love a job as a football scout, travelling across Europe checking out players, sadly this isn't my job.

However, football scouts (both at Hibs and elsewhere) have shown that very good players can be sourced for very little money. Killen, Boozy, Shiels, Murphy, Sproule, Jones.

Borrowing an ex-St Mirren huddy off the Yams isn't my idea of progress.

Mikey
13-01-2012, 01:13 PM
If he's released at the end of January because they couldn't punt him then aye.

A loan? Nah!

Phil MaGlass
13-01-2012, 01:13 PM

However...

hahahahaha, youre kidding right, were potentially weakened through attitude and application every derby:greengrin

Hermit Crab
13-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Good Player but we won't get him.

The clowns on kickback:
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/105153-hibernian-want-sutton-on-loan/

Its funny how they are now claiming he is pish and we are begging for a squad player to keep us up. I also see they would rather be went to Dunfermline so they can stay up. Sad it really is. This the same bunch of hearts fans that were howling about him not getting a game and how he was their best attacking option 500 goals a season and aw that pish. :asshole:S

SteveHFC
13-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Stevenson back to Ayr?

Hermit Crab
13-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Stevenson back to Ayr?

He must be on terrible wages if Ayr are back in for him. Seem like nonsense though

Speedway
13-01-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm with flash on this.

Alan at Villa, you mean?

easty
13-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Stevenson back to Ayr?

Cannae see it. He'll have better offers available to him.

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Not content with losing matches to them in between times we are at their door seeing if we can borrow one of their players whom is on fringes of first team, and I read on here how much of a joke club they are.

hibsforeurope
13-01-2012, 01:38 PM
What difference does it make if we loan a player from Celtic, Norwich or Hearts. Surely all that matters is if they improve on what we have at our disposal currently, where they come from should be irrelevant.

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 01:44 PM
What difference does it make if we loan a player from Celtic, Norwich or Hearts. Surely all that matters is if they improve on what we have at our disposal currently, where they come from should be irrelevant.

Agreed however step back and look at to where we have sunk, trying to see if we can get a loan not even buy but borrow from our greatest rivals a club whom can't even pay their players wages on time, a real chance for the people at Hearts who are underfire to at least gain a little more koudos by telling us to bolt, which is what I would do if other way about. I think it is an embarresment from Hibs.

John Sutton is a good player but all we have done is allow them yet again to easily get one up on us. Imagine it was them struggling and they wanted to borrow say Sodje? this place would be a riot ripping the p1sh out them for it.

hibsforeurope
13-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Agreed however step back and look at to where we have sunk, trying to see if we can get a loan not even buy but borrow from our greatest rivals a club whom can't even pay their players wages on time, a real chance for the people at Hearts who are underfire to at least gain a little more koudos by telling us to bolt, which is what I would do if other way about. I think it is an embarresment from Hibs.

John Sutton is a good player but all we have done is allow them yet again to easily get one up on us.

I see what you are saying, it is an easy chance to gloat from them. I would still take the red face if it meant Hibs stayed up cos at the end of they day they will be the best supported team in the East of Scotland League next season.

silverhibee
13-01-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm with flash on this.

I'm also with flash, and agree with bawheid to. :agree:

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 01:59 PM
I see what you are saying, it is an easy chance to gloat from them. I would still take the red face if it meant Hibs stayed up cos at the end of they day they will be the best supported team in the East of Scotland League next season.

John Sutton is a good player but do we need to lower ourselves to this level at this time, there are no other forwards at all in UK we could borrow? I think we are getting used to let teams know he is available, I would say it was a ridicuolus thing to do unless you were 100% sure you would get him, I just think its a total joke of a situation.

silverhibee
13-01-2012, 02:00 PM
He must be on terrible wages if Ayr are back in for him. Seem like nonsense though

Ayr now have a very rich owner and he said the other day there that he wanted to bring in an SPL player and pay big wages to tempt a player from the SPL.

Sure i read there owner is a billionaire who had made his fortune with an online gambling company.

JimBHibees
13-01-2012, 02:01 PM
I think what he happened is that Hibs probably made some sort of call and Hearts have been ever so keen to put this out to the press more to do with highlighting Suttons' availability. It will never happen IMO.

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 02:02 PM

Exacty I agre 100%

Na its fine he can go sign for Dunfermline or even better stay where he is and they might go out of business cause they cant afford the wages, but we will be fine, not like we are staring relegation in the face or nowt, but as long as they are experienceing missfortune great! Bollox!

I couldnt care who we signed or where they came from and infact couldnt care how much it cost us or who we paid it to, as long as it will give us a much better chance of staying up, thats all that matters to me as Hibs fan. And IMO Sutton as would a few Hearts players would help us achieve that.

MrSmith
13-01-2012, 02:04 PM
John Sutton is a good player but do we need to lower ourselves to this level at this time, there are no other forwards at all in UK we could borrow? I think we are getting used to let teams know he is available, I would say it was a ridicuolus thing to do unless you were 100% sure you would get him, I just think its a total joke of a situation.

I can find no comment from Hibs re this and am sure this is a jumbos fantasy in order to get one up and embarrass us! However, it could be Suttons agent engineering a way out or to generate interest. Either way, Hibs should not pay one penny to the jumbos for him nor enter into any discussion!

edit: I trust Pat Fenlon and am sure he'll bring in the right player at the right time without the kneejerk!

hibsforeurope

I'm not sure, there might be but they might turn out to be like Thornhill or Palsson, come with a decent pedigree and not perform in the league. Sutton is at least a proven SPL goal scorer.

SMAXXA
I'm also with flash, and agree with bawheid to. :agree:

I dinnae :wink::greengrin

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Exacty I agre 100%

Na its fine he can go sign for Dunfermline or even better stay where he is and they might go out of business cause they cant afford the wages, but we will be fine, not like we are staring relegation in the face or nowt, but as long as they are experienceing missfortune great! Bollox!

I couldnt care who we signed or where they came from and infact couldnt care how much it cost us or who we paid it to, as long as it will give us a much better chance of staying up, thats all that matters to me as Hibs fan. And IMO Sutton as would a few Hearts players would help us achieve that.

Lets stare relegation in the face and try and get out it by seeing if we can borrow a player from rivals Hearts not that gubbing us is enough we are now cap in hand to them, with a likely outcome for them to just tell us to bolt, so will probably be a waste of time, time Hibs do not have, I just wouldnt have even bothered, Hearts are in driving seat to make a right ++++ of us again, if I was them and we approached I would call St Mirren or Dunfermline see if they want him, Romanov is mental remember that.

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 02:12 PM
I can find no comment from Hibs re this and am sure this is a jumbos fantasy in order to get one up and embarrass us! However, it could be Suttons agent engineering a way out or to generate interest. Either way, Hibs should not pay one penny to the jumbos for him nor enter into any discussion!

edit: I trust Pat Fenlon and am sure he'll bring in the right player at the right time without the kneejerk!

We do not have solid proof of an offer only SSN sources.

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Lets stare relegation in the face and try and get out it by seeing if we can borrow a player from rivals Hearts not that gubbing us is enough we are now cap in hand to them, with a likely outcome for them to just tell us to bolt, so will probably be a waste of time, time Hibs do not have, I just wouldnt have even bothered, Hearts are in driving seat to make a right ++++ of us again, if I was them and we approached I would call St Mirren or Dunfermline see if they want him, Romanov is mental remember that.

I couldnt care if I was cock and baws in hand never mind cap, they are in a serious finanical situation, clubs know that, its well publicised, we have identified there is a player (s) that would improve us who they are looking to off load, why wouldnt you enquire? Do you honesty believe in your mind that Romanov sitting their in Lith wanting to offload all the constraints on the club as soon as possble would discount an offer from Hibs purley because it was Hibs, even if we met their financial requirements?????? Nope me thinks not, he doesnt care about them or our rivalry its all £££$$$£££$$$$, lets be honest here!

Wouldnt be surprised if his enquired about a loan, they said naw we want to punt him as need the cash, we walked to ponter or drop the interest and they hold out until they have a suitor that will buy, if they get one.

Mind could just be paper talk and made up drivel.....that could also work.

Stevie Reid
13-01-2012, 02:20 PM
As I said previously I cannot see this happening, but there's some pretty depressing and short sighted replies in this thread IMO.

We didn't want Paul Hartley at one point.

MSK
13-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Ayr now have a very rich owner and he said the other day there that he wanted to bring in an SPL player and pay big wages to tempt a player from the SPL.

Sure i read there owner is a billionaire who had made his fortune with an online gambling company.Bodog, their sponsor were mentioned in bringing an SPL player to the club, however after reading Chairman Lachlan Camerons response to an e-mail suggesting they splash the cash I doubt they are ready to spend big ...

I recognize that Brian is responsible for getting us on the cup run and needs to be incentivized as well. We made the decision to release some of those funds to sign players. As a direct result of the Sky money, we were able to sign Eddie Malone until the end of the season, extend Stuart Bannigan's loan until the end of the season and sign Jim Lauchlan. The two players that we extended may not look like new signings, but without the Sky money, they would not have been able to be signed. We are also looking at bringing at least one more player in, but not until it can be justified financially. We were over the playing budget by a decent margin this year anyway and we got away with it.

One thing that I can assure you though is that none of any money that comes into the club is going to line anyone's pockets. All of the money that is available after expenses are paid is always put into the playing budget.

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 02:26 PM
I couldnt care if I was cock and baws in hand never mind cap, they are in a serious finanical situation, clubs know that, its well publicised, we have identified there is a player (s) that would improve us who they are looking to off load, why wouldnt you enquire? Do you honesty believe in your mind that Romanov sitting their in Lith wanting to offload all the constraints on the club as soon as possble would discount an offer from Hibs purley because it was Hibs, even if we met their financial requirements?????? Nope me thinks not, he doesnt care about them or our rivalry its all £££$$$£££$$$$, lets be honest here!

Wouldnt be surprised if his enquired about a loan, they said naw we want to punt him as need the cash, we walked to ponter or drop the interest and they hold out until they have a suitor that will buy, if they get one.

Mind could just be paper talk and made up drivel.....that could also work.

Thats fine my view is John Sutton is a good player whom I would like at Hibs, I think it was very risky to go to Hearts to borrow anyone because I think as soon as they knew or know (if true) that we wanted him, Romanov and co would have understood they have a chance to at least gain some kudos from support by telling us to bolt which is what I think will happen.

Morale is low enough without giving Hearts a chance to get yet another one up on us and also now Sutton's availability is on SSN, job done for Romanov, it is not about what Sutton would bring to team as I think it was never a goer. Hibs had to be 100% they would get him no if's or buts if they dont it is a new low IMO.

Craig_in_Prague
13-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Thats fine my view is John Sutton is a good player whom I would like at Hibs, I think it was very risky to go to Hearts to borrow anyone because I think as soon as they knew or know (if true) that we wanted him, Romanov and co would have understood they have a chance to at least gain some kudos from support by telling us to bolt which is what I think will happen.

Morale is low enough without giving Hearts a chance to get yet another one up on us and also now Sutton's availability is on SSN, job done for Romanov, it is not about what Sutton would bring to team as I think it was never a goer. Hibs had to be 100% they would get him no if's or buts if they dont it is a new low IMO.

Think you're a bit OTT on this subject (though a right good negative moan on every other thread too), if Hibs were a good viable option for Sutton to Hearts (from their point of view), but didn't allow to happen to get a 'one up' on us as you say... then the Yams would be cutting their nose off to spite their face. I honestly don't think Romanov really cares anymore about trying to get something 'over' Hibs. He wants the best deal for what players are there and wants to **** off out of it all. So not sure why you are playing these little mind games.

If he did join and that's what Pat really wanted, and he does well, then I cannot see the issue. Hibs need to look after Hibs, if it means a player is off Hearts wage bill then who cares.

anyway, on you go and rip into this post.

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 02:35 PM

Thats fair enough mate and I can see where your coming from, I also agree on the publicity factor that can do hearts no harm at all with this interest from us and other clubs mentioned. Still dont agree that he would see the chance of kudos from the support over chaching chaching chaching, all in pound coins id imagine knowing Rod :wink:.

If im honest I would say its not gona happen, he will end up down south or last minute of the window transfer to St Midden or someone like that, cause hopefully we will have done all of our shopping by then. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
13-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Thats fair enough mate and I can see where your coming from, I also agree on the publicity factor that can do hearts no harm at all with this interest from us and other clubs mentioned. Still dont agree that he would see the chance of kudos from the support over chaching chaching chaching, all in pound coins id imagine knowing Rod :wink:.

If im honest I would say its not gona happen, he will end up down south or last minute of the window transfer to St Midden or someone like that, cause hopefully we will have done all of our shopping by then. :greengrin

Heres hoping but not likely :wink:. For what its worth id sign sutton

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Think you're a bit OTT on this subject (though a right good negative moan on every other thread too), if Hibs were a good viable option for Sutton to Hearts (from their point of view), but didn't allow to happen to get a 'one up' on us as you say... then the Yams would be cutting their nose off to spite their face. I honestly don't think Romanov really cares anymore about trying to get something 'over' Hibs. He wants the best deal for what players are there and wants to **** off out of it all. So not sure why you are playing these little mind games.

If he did join and that's what Pat really wanted, and he does well, then I cannot see the issue. Hibs need to look after Hibs, if it means a player is off Hearts wage bill then who cares.

anyway, on you go and rip into this post.

Fine I will, I disagree, as I said before John Sutton is handy but I do not think Hearts will give us him and I think it was/is a mistake to try unless as again I have said Hibs are 100% sure to get him. I think Sutton is good enough to attract intrest other than us and I think Hearts can get rid as I do not think we are only option. think you need to check facts I am not blinkered to buying a player from them some on here seem to be I think at this juncture Hearts I think will not do business with us. Romanov has never cut of his nose to spite his face has he?

If it was me I would figure Hearts wouldnt sell to us so rather not go down that route and look elsewhere to save any chance of them having another reason to gloat.

Any of our Jambo friends out there? Do you think John Sutton would come to Hibs knowing what you know about how you do business, am I wrong in thinking you would use this to your advantage or would you genuinly look to offload in a loan to us?

timebomb
13-01-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm a bit meh about Sutton. If he stays fine, if he goes fine, he's not exactly set the heather on fire at Hearts and has looked pretty slow when he has played. On the other hand, his record last season and the odd glimpse he has shown this season suggests there is a player in there somewhere.

Maybe it's to do with the style of play at Hearts that it's not worked so far or a lack of starts, either way I'm just not overly-fussed either way about him.

That said, I think a loan move to Hibs would be a disaster for all parties invloved. Can you imagine the abuse he will received if he starts like Edwin de Graaf and misses sitters in the first few games or conversley he bangs in the goals that keeps Hibs up and then comes back to Hearts at the end of the season.

If he was to go to Hibs I think it would have to be on a permanent contract as opposed to a loan deal.

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Fine I will, I disagree, as I said before John Sutton is handy but I do not think Hearts will give us him and I think it was/is a mistake to try unless as again I have said Hibs are 100% sure to get him. I think Sutton is good enough to attract intrest other than us and I think Hearts can get rid as I do not think we are only option. think you need to check facts I am not blinkered to buying a player from them some on here seem to be I think at this juncture Hearts I think will not do business with us. Romanov has never cut of his nose to spite his face has he?

If it was me I would figure Hearts wouldnt sell to us so rather not go down that route and look elsewhere to save any chance of them having another reason to gloat.

Now theres a question.......How can you be 100% sure we would get him unless we try :wink:???? hmmmmm

Clamped :greengrin lol

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm a bit meh about Sutton. If he stays fine, if he goes fine, he's not exactly set the heather on fire at Hearts and has looked pretty slow when he has played. On the other hand, his record last season and the odd glimpse he has shown this season suggests there is a player in there somewhere.

Maybe it's to do with the style of play at Hearts that it's not worked so far or a lack of starts, either way I'm just not overly-fussed either way about him.

That said, I think a loan move to Hibs would be a disaster for all parties invloved. Can you imagine the abuse he will received if he starts like Edwin de Graaf and misses sitters in the first few games or conversley he bangs in the goals that keeps Hibs up and then comes back to Hearts at the end of the season.

If he was to go to Hibs I think it would have to be on a permanent contract as opposed to a loan deal.

I think this is a very good point and I agree the deal would most likley have to be a permanant one which for me leads to say it wont happen.

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Now theres a question.......How can you be 100% sure we would get him unless we try :wink:???? hmmmmm

Clamped :greengrin lol

I would reckon if we were to get him it would have been Suttons side who will have somehow instigated it in first place. This we will not know maybe ever but we can see what happens in next few days.

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 02:53 PM
I would reckon if we were to get him it would have been Suttons side who will have somehow instigated it in first place. This we will not know maybe ever but we can see what happens in next few days.

Which from what I understand we are currently doing, i.e. talking with his representatives without an approach made to Hearts yet. Still even if they giv the nod, its not guarateed 100% cause Hearts really hold all the cards with letting him go, well aside from being skintos and need the cash that is.

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 02:55 PM

Indeed I think its a PR disaster Hibs seem to look desperate, I would certainly sign him on a permanent deal I think he can be a player.

Andy74
13-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Indeed I think its a PR disaster Hibs seem to look desperate, I would certainly sign him on a permanent deal I think he can be a player.

Not like you to look at it that way :rolleyes:

chriswood1401
13-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Staggering to hear some of the negativity here simply because the guy plays for Hearts.

Surely the only question we should be asking is 'Would John Sutton add something to the squad?'

I'm of the opinion that he would bring proven SPL goalscoring ability to a team that's sorely in need of exactly that.

As far as going 'cap in hand' to Hearts is concerned, Hibs are doing exactly the same thing that loads of other clubs are doing - enquiring about the availability of a player who Fenlon clearly thinks would add something about the team. If this was any other team we had approached this would be a non-issue. It's hardly begging for scraps, the guy hasn't been playing therefore can't be all that satisfied and he has something to offer. I'd be more annoyed if we weren't looking at him to be honest.

Granted, I'd prefer it if we were looking to buy rather than loan but I'm completely on board with this. Especially if he comes and then grabs a couple of goals in the next Derby.

GGTTH!!!

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 02:58 PM
I think this is a very good point and I agree the deal would most likley have to be a permanant one which for me leads to say it wont happen.

I think timebomb made a great point that I certainly had not thought about, if he was to not hit ground running would he get it tight? very interesting.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2012, 03:00 PM
I think timebomb made a great point that I certainly had not thought about, if he was to not hit ground running would he get it tight? very interesting.I think he would get it tight by those who think hed been sent in to bring us down from the inside :wink:

Theres a conspiracy..............:singing:

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 03:04 PM
I think he would get it tight by those who think hed been sent in to bring us down from the inside :wink:

Got anyone in mind Herit? :greengrin

James70
13-01-2012, 03:05 PM
I would sooner have John Sutton at Hibs than see him go to Dunfermline.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Got anyone in mind Herit? :greengrin

Not me Im that used to watching imposters now anyway.:whistle:

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 03:10 PM
I would sooner we just kept Garry TBH and got on with it.

Beefster
13-01-2012, 04:03 PM
:dunno:

But you agree it would be utterly pathetic, don't you?

It would be pathetic but it's not particularly damaging to the club. Someone moaning about the club on the Web is far less harmful to the club that someone refusing to attend matches.

The_Todd
13-01-2012, 04:36 PM
I would only take him on a permanent deal. And Stevenson too.

bruno
13-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Any of our Jambo friends out there? Do you think John Sutton would come to Hibs knowing what you know about how you do business, am I wrong in thinking you would use this to your advantage or would you genuinly look to offload in a loan to us?

I don’t think John Sutton would have a problem turning out for Hibs. He has no love for his current employers and having turned out for otherSPL teams he will have no great loyalties

Many will be surprised at his wage being “only 2.5k” because they believed the stories bandied about. However I was not his wage far exceeded what he was on at Motherwell and had to be below the cap set at Hearts this season.

The most important thing to Sutton is to play reguarly and to allow him to be close to Glasgow University which is why a move to Hibs St Mirren or Killie would be attractive.

Would Hearts sell or loan to Hibs, who knows but as the month goes on I think Hearts may take up any option.

If you think you are getting a proven finisher he is not in the class of O’Connor but his value is far more in his link up play. He set up 2 against Hibs and this is his forte.

He had one good season at Motherwell where the goals flew in but this may have been a one off.(Steve Cowan anybody!!!)

A good player although limited in pace and mobility his level is mid table SPL at tops.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 04:44 PM
I would only take him on a permanent deal. And Stevenson too.

Might do a turn if GOC leaves, would give us options if either Doyle of Griffiths were injured

brog
13-01-2012, 05:35 PM
I have no problem with us signing Sutton, on loan or permanent although I'm not really convinced about his quality, I see him more as a Nish than an O'Connor. In that regard a loan would be a safer bet. I don't think Yams would be taking p out of us, I think it would be more us taking advantage of their parlous state.
If I remember correctly way back in 62-63 season we were bottom of league with only 4 games to go ( & 2 went down! ). Yams, who we were playing next at PBS offered us 2 of their fringe players, now that was taking the p. We politely declined. went to PBS, drew 3-3 then won our last 3 games by an aggregate of 10-1 & stayed up in 16th place!! Hopefully a good omen!

lapsedhibee
13-01-2012, 05:45 PM
If I remember correctly way back in 62-63 season we were bottom of league with only 4 games to go ( & 2 went down! ). Yams, who we were playing next at PBS offered us 2 of their fringe players, now that was taking the p. We politely declined. went to PBS, drew 3-3 then won our last 3 games by an aggregate of 10-1 & stayed up in 16th place!! Hopefully a good omen!

My first game. Think we were 3-1 down at or around HT, but fought back well. Left the unsegregated PBS at FT with yams dribbling in my ears about how they had deliberately eased off to let us get a draw as a favour, so that we might avoid relegation. Arrogant sods!

weonlywon6-2
13-01-2012, 05:48 PM
They would let him go anywhere but us.

bearing in mind that vlad doesnt care about hearts any more, i dont think they would care where the players went as they are not in a position to pick and choose:aok:

3pm
13-01-2012, 05:59 PM
It'll have to be permanent. If he hit 8 or 10 goals, they'd sell him for decent cash.

I am not opposed to it but I'd be loathed to line their pockets (or pay their wages if you prefer) as a result.

Albion Hibs
13-01-2012, 06:12 PM

How often do you see a player being loaned to a derby rival? I cant think of any examples off the top of my head.

The_Todd
13-01-2012, 06:27 PM
How often do you see a player being loaned to a derby rival? I cant think of any examples off the top of my head.

Still shouldn't matter. We need firepower, Hearts need a player off the wages - the fans can hate each other from the terraces and forums, but off the park and behind the scenes if it makes sound business sense to both boardrooms and both sets of backroom staff then would that really be a problem? Though a loan deal would come with strings attached which is why I'd prefer an outright purchase.

Craig_in_Prague
13-01-2012, 06:36 PM

Benayoun.

Hardly gripped the footballing world but its one I thought of...

Albion Hibs
13-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Still shouldn't matter. We need firepower, Hearts need a player off the wages - the fans can hate each other from the terraces and forums, but off the park and behind the scenes if it makes sound business sense to both boardrooms and both sets of backroom staff then would that really be a problem? Though a loan deal would come with strings attached which is why I'd prefer an outright purchase.

So work together as one to solve each others problems?! I cant even type it without laughing.

Hertz will maybe sell him, but loan him out so that we cover a portion of his wages while they continue to lose money seems like a 110% non-starter to me.

Please also remember you have just used the words "sound business sense" along with referring to Vlads boardroom in the same sentence. They just go nowhere close to being hand in hand and sense of any variety will have no baring on what hertz do. Remember Vlad is the bank, while he may be donald ducked it is not like RBS are on the phone saying you have to do this that and the next thing.

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 06:48 PM
So work together as one to solve each others problems?! I cant even type it without laughing.

Hertz will maybe sell him, but loan him out so that we cover a portion of his wages while they continue to lose money seems like a 110% non-starter to me.

Please also remember you have just used the words "sound business sense" along with referring to Vlads boardroom in the same sentence. They just go nowhere close to being hand in hand and sense of any variety will have no baring on what hertz do. Remember Vlad is the bank, while he may be donald ducked it is not like RBS are on the phone saying you have to do this that and the next thing.

AH I think we for maybe 2nd time agree on something, a permanent deal yeah but to appear to have to go to our rivals in a situation to help our relegation issues I think may be one chance in a lifetime for them to tell us to bolt. IMO this is a bit embarrasing.

We have Garry lets tell him he is going nowhere and if he bangs in a few more will be able to walk away.

The_Todd
13-01-2012, 06:49 PM

I wouldn't call it working together. We have a need, Hearts have a need. Just saying.

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 06:50 PM

Thats the thing who said it would be a proportion if the £2,500 quoted is accurate im sure we would cover that. In that situation of course it would suit both partys, they get a wage of their bill, he does well increases his value and makes him more saleable, very worse we would try get him permanantly, in return he does well for us helps keep us up everyones a winner. He does crap they lose nothing but save 6 months wages.

Sound a bit more plausable?

Still dont think it will happen tho FWIS. Would he even want to come to us over St John / St Miden who are better places in the league and will be less pressure on him and less hastle from jambos and hibbys if he does good / crap I think thats as big a question as any.

Albion Hibs
13-01-2012, 06:52 PM
AH I think we for maybe 2nd time agree on something, a permanent deal yeah but to appear to have to go to our rivals in a situation to help our relegation issues I think may be one chance in a lifetime for them to tell us to bolt. IMO this is a bit embarrasing.

We have Garry lets tell him he is going nowhere and if he bangs in a few more will be able to walk away.

The bit in bold - are you referring to us agreeing!!

If we did ask I am surprised to be honest, we are a money minded club, built like a business and I still could not see us doing the same.

IMO I dont think O'Connor will be going anywhere, not as a result of his choice, but i dont see anyone sticking the dosh down!

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 06:54 PM
The bit in bold - are you referring to us agreeing!!

If we did ask I am surprised to be honest, we are a money minded club, built like a business and I still could not see us doing the same.

IMO I dont think O'Connor will be going anywhere, not as a result of his choice, but i dont see anyone sticking the dosh down!

Both AH :thumbsup:, It was never going to happen that I could see, I am sure we will here about it at next derby if they are still around. Desperate failure this appears.

Albion Hibs
13-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Thats the thing who said it would be a proportion if the £2,500 quoted is accurate im sure we would cover that. In that situation of course it would suit both partys, they get a wage of their bill, he does well increases his value and makes him more saleable, very worse we would try get him permanantly, in return he does well for us helps keep us up everyones a winner. He does crap they lose nothing but save 6 months wages.

Sound a bit more plausable?

Still dont think it will happen tho FWIS. Would he even want to come to us over St John / St Miden who are better places in the league and will be less pressure on him and less hastle from jambos and hibbys if he does good / crap I think thats as big a question as any.

Has this 2.5k not come from a jambo that spends his days on Hibs.net?!

I dont think it is anywhere like 2.5k, granted it is not 10k, but to add fuel to the fire i heard it was £3,500, £750 appearance and a personal bonus he negotiated with the club. Again that could be as true as the 2.5k. If it was that then I dont see why he would have gone their in the first place, as I would have thought we could have offered the 2.5k when he left motherwell.

Again if we were to pay for him then maybe, if not he may just sit their take his wage as and when he gets it, and then sue them when he leaves.

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Has this 2.5k not come from a jambo that spends his days on Hibs.net?!

I dont think it is anywhere like 2.5k, granted it is not 10k, but to add fuel to the fire i heard it was £3,500, £750 appearance and a personal bonus he negotiated with the club. Again that could be as true as the 2.5k. If it was that then I dont see why he would have gone their in the first place, as I would have thought we could have offered the 2.5k when he left motherwell.

Again if we were to pay for him then maybe, if not he may just sit their take his wage as and when he gets it, and then sue them when he leaves.

I agree mate I would be very surprised if thats all he is on, I know what a certain we sod of a centre midfielder is on at tyne and I would have thought he was on a good wee bit more than him so that would make the £2.5k a bit unrealistic.

The more I think about it I think its a non starter.

Kaiser1962
13-01-2012, 07:27 PM

Sure i read there owner is a billionaire who had made his fortune with an online gambling company.

Calvin Ayre

http://calvinayre.com/writers/calvin-ayre/

frazeHFC
13-01-2012, 09:44 PM
I am not against the player but going to them in our time of need feels horrific.

stubru59
13-01-2012, 10:08 PM
I am not against the player but going to them in our time of need feels horrific.

More like in their time of need. They need him off the books to reduce their wage bill. We're supposedly interested in him. But if he's on our target list, he'll be one of a number.

One or more of our targets may or may not come to fruition. But I rather doubt our whole season will hinge on whether Hearts allow Sutton to cross the city.

If it suits them financially, they'll not be giving a toss where he goes.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-01-2012, 10:13 PM
HoMFC, the much derided nonce-employing bastions of shame, are in absolutely no position to bargain at the moment. They're screwed.

Rather than them lord it over us that we have bought one of their rejects, we can simply state that we're helping them pay staff wages.

I pity the fools. Actually, I retract that, I don't pity them at all. I hope they suffer in the most disgustingly amusing way possible.

frazeHFC
13-01-2012, 10:32 PM
More like in their time of need. They need him off the books to reduce their wage bill. We're supposedly interested in him. But if he's on our target list, he'll be one of a number.

One or more of our targets may or may not come to fruition. But I rather doubt our whole season will hinge on whether Hearts allow Sutton to cross the city.

If it suits them financially, they'll not be giving a toss where he goes.

Well suppose in a way it suits both parties in terms of we need to stay up and they need to stay afloat. :agree:

SteveHFC
13-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Offer them £100k for Sutton :aok:

Saorsa
13-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Well suppose in a way it suits both parties in terms of we need to stay up and they need to stay afloat. :agree:If it helps them stay afloat I'd find somebody else and let them sink.

sahib
13-01-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm with flash on this.

Alan Gordon- I said something similar to that when we signed him. :rolleyes:

frazeHFC
13-01-2012, 11:15 PM
If it helps them stay afloat I'd find somebody else and let them sink.

:agree:

Saorsa
13-01-2012, 11:17 PM
:agree:If it helped them sink I'd give them this as well :greengrin

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/BigRock.jpg

frazeHFC
13-01-2012, 11:20 PM
If it helped them sink I'd give them this as well :greengrin

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/BigRock.jpg

:tee hee:

Think it would look nice in Tynie tbh, modernise the place a bit.

silverhibee
13-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Anyone on Twitter go on and twitter agent scotland, saying Hibs have offered the Falkirk striker a pre-contract. Try to get a link.

https://twitter.com/#!/AgentScotland

frazeHFC
13-01-2012, 11:45 PM
"Hibs have all offered Falkirk striker Farid El Alagui a pre-contract, so far he has rejected Aberdeen and Dundee Utd's pre-contract offer"

Petrie's Tache
14-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Same source Derry city left back offered a contact.

SMAXXA
14-01-2012, 09:44 AM
"Hibs have all offered Falkirk striker Farid El Alagui a pre-contract, so far he has rejected Aberdeen and Dundee Utd's pre-contract offer"

I think there will be a fair biof interest in him and thinks its unlikley that he will come to Hibs