PDA

View Full Version : stupid posts

AgentDaleCooper
13-01-2012, 02:18 AM
i'm only posting this because i don't post much, thus have less to loose in terms of reputation...but does it seem to anyone else that there are a considerable amount of people on here that post things that could justifiably described as utterly moronic?

particularly, i'm speaking of threads about players, former players and former managers.

the specific thread that caught my attention was the one about calderwood's signings. firstly, osbourne (as was noted) seems like a decent signing. so that's one. secondly, thornhill and especially palsson seemed very promising initially. again, particularly the latter - he's not a crap footballer. i remember threads after his first few games wondering how on earth we'd keep a hold of him, such was his apparent ability.

as i have stated before, the case of john rankin is worth considering. before signing for hibs, and throughout his initial period here, he seemed unspectacular but competent. it is only since the massive slump that started under hughes, in which many players, including riordan, one of our best players in recent memory (though admittedly one of the least mentally tough) became pretty hopeless.

there was another about galbraith recently...i cannot see what ranting about our current squad does, other than contribute to the cultivation of an utterly negative outlook towards the team. yes this is understandable, but it achieves nothing positive whatsoever, and arguably adds to the negativity around easter road - something we MUST, at the very least, postpone until fenlon has had a chance to put his stamp on the team.

in short, moaning about the past is spectacularly pointless, and needlessly adds to the negativity that many people feel. this is obvious, and those responsible should consider maybe doing push-ups or reading to pass the time, rather than venting their anger at something that doesn't actually matter any more.

:aok:

Green and white
13-01-2012, 04:21 AM
i made a post 30 seconds a go. it's utterly moronic, 100% guilty lad

hibeeleicester
13-01-2012, 05:13 AM
i'm only posting this because i don't post much, thus have less to loose in terms of reputation...but does it seem to anyone else that there are a considerable amount of people on here that post things that could justifiably described as utterly moronic?

particularly, i'm speaking of threads about players, former players and former managers.

the specific thread that caught my attention was the one about calderwood's signings. firstly, osbourne (as was noted) seems like a decent signing. so that's one. secondly, thornhill and especially palsson seemed very promising initially. again, particularly the latter - he's not a crap footballer. i remember threads after his first few games wondering how on earth we'd keep a hold of him, such was his apparent ability.

as i have stated before, the case of john rankin is worth considering. before signing for hibs, and throughout his initial period here, he seemed unspectacular but competent. it is only since the massive slump that started under hughes, in which many players, including riordan, one of our best players in recent memory (though admittedly one of the least mentally tough) became pretty hopeless.

there was another about galbraith recently...i cannot see what ranting about our current squad does, other than contribute to the cultivation of an utterly negative outlook towards the team. yes this is understandable, but it achieves nothing positive whatsoever, and arguably adds to the negativity around easter road - something we MUST, at the very least, postpone until fenlon has had a chance to put his stamp on the team.

in short, moaning about the past is spectacularly pointless, and needlessly adds to the negativity that many people feel. this is obvious, and those responsible should consider maybe doing push-ups or reading to pass the time, rather than venting their anger at something that doesn't actually matter any more.

Makes sense, but it seems alot of people want an instant change and to be winning the champions league.

Mikeystewart
13-01-2012, 07:16 AM

welcome to the internet my friend :greengrin

brydekirk
13-01-2012, 08:03 AM
What a pissy thread

easty
13-01-2012, 08:50 AM
I love lamp

RIP
13-01-2012, 09:45 AM
I have a fairly responsible job where I have to behave professionally. Everything I say is scrutinised

I post on here free of these shackles and take great delight in posting fibs, rumours and pash thus winding up those people who are daft enough to take the ramblings of an internet fool seriously. :wink:

On the scale of important things in life...messageboards are for me, only a wee bit of skive from work and light relief. :greengrin

Oh and I love Hibs - so any excuse is better than none to talk about them

Perspective Required

bawheid
13-01-2012, 09:57 AM
I take great delight in posting fibs, rumours and pash thus winding up those people who are daft enough to take the ramblings of an internet fool seriously.

Is that not the very definition of a troll?

silverhibee
13-01-2012, 11:36 AM
I have a fairly responsible job where I have to behave professionally. Everything I say is scrutinised

I post on here free of these shackles and take great delight in posting fibs, rumours and pash thus winding up those people who are daft enough to take the ramblings of an internet fool seriously.

On the scale of important things in life...messageboards are for me, only a wee bit of skive from work and light relief.

Perspective Required

You have become a bit scary with some of your posts over the last 6 weeks or so, maybe time for you to go see a doctor, are you really 55.

bawheid
13-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Re: Stupid posts.

I see Baldy's just removed his. :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Re: Stupid posts.

I see Baldy's just removed his. :wink:

Never thought it was a stupid post, it was pertinent to me, but after consideration, was going to change thread title, however didn't know how to do that, so deleted thread.........

To be labelled as overreactionary and hyperbolic annoys me, as we all have differing opinions on differing matters.........

Heckys Wheel
13-01-2012, 11:52 AM
There has, undoubtedly, been half decent players that have suffered due to the overall pishness of our club recently.

Rankin is certainly one of them although I don't think he's ever going set the world on fire.

Vaz Te could be one. Pallson possibly.

These are bearable losses because they were in and then out again.

What we do need to be careful of, is seeing guys like Booth, Wotherspoon and Hanlon, not reaching their potential due to lack of guidance and inspiration from the club and it's senior players.

I hate to say it but Hanlon, Scotland Under 21 captain is not going to learn much more playing alongside O'Hanlon. Booth ain't gonna get much better learning from Michael Hart and Wotherspoon can't be the guy we look to in midfield, which currently, playing him alongside Stevenson, Sproule and Galbraith, he is.

You could argue that O'Connor learned his trade from brewster. The Golden Generation came through the youth team when Sauzee and latapy were knocking about the club. Guys like Cristophe Berra were made by playing alongside pressley.

We need to get some guys in that will lead by example and teach these guys how to play. I'll probably get pelters for this but David Weir would be a great short term fix for the team and would be an excellent role model for guys like Hanlon to learn from. Not only in respect to playing, but professionalism and attitude as well.

easty
13-01-2012, 12:00 PM
There has, undoubtedly, been half decent players that have suffered due to the overall pishness of our club recently.

Rankin is certainly one of them although I don't think he's ever going set the world on fire.

Palsson was crap. How he managed to get so many people believing "theres a good player in there" is beyond me. He played maybe a handful (I'd say not even) of good games for Hibs, but managed to swan about like billy big baws convincing the masses he had talent hidden away. I don't know how he did it. He has the conman skills of Kaiser Sauzee in Usual Suspects.

I agree with the rest of your post though Subiaco.

Heckys Wheel
13-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Palsson was crap. How he managed to get so many people believing "theres a good player in there" is beyond me. He played maybe a handful (I'd say not even) of good games for Hibs, but managed to swan about like billy big baws convincing the masses he had talent hidden away. I don't know how he did it. He has the conman skills of Kaiser Sauzee in Usual Suspects.

To be fair, I only saw him at the start of his Hibs career when he was excellent then at right back where he was garbage. I'm still enamoured by those first few games so reckon there must be something in there. Maybe playing alongside a Sauzee would've brought him on. We'll never know.

patlowe
13-01-2012, 12:17 PM

What we do need to be careful of, is seeing guys like Booth, Wotherspoon and Hanlon, not reaching their potential due to lack of guidance and inspiration from the club and it's senior players.

I hate to say it but Hanlon, Scotland Under 21 captain is not going to learn much more playing alongside O'Hanlon. Booth ain't gonna get much better learning from Michael Hart and Wotherspoon can't be the guy we look to in midfield, which currently, playing him alongside Stevenson, Sproule and Galbraith, he is.

You could argue that O'Connor learned his trade from brewster. The Golden Generation came through the youth team when Sauzee and latapy were knocking about the club. Guys like Cristophe Berra were made by playing alongside pressley.

We need to get some guys in that will lead by example and teach these guys how to play. I'll probably get pelters for this but David Weir would be a great short term fix for the team and would be an excellent role model for guys like Hanlon to learn from. Not only in respect to playing, but professionalism and attitude as well.

Great post. Not sure I agree that David Weir is the answer (for age and finance reasons) but we desperately need players in that have a bit of presence and can be looked up to. Sproule, O'Connor, Murray and O'Hanlon arguably could be taking on this mantle but I would suggest none of them have the quality, consistency or personality to do so.

RIP
13-01-2012, 12:37 PM
I have a fairly responsible job where I have to behave professionally. Everything I say is scrutinised. I post on here free of these shackles and take great delight in posting fibs, rumours and pash thus winding up those people who are daft enough to take the ramblings of an internet fool seriously. :wink:

On the scale of important things in life...messageboards are for me, only a wee bit of skive from work and light relief. :greengrin

Perspective Required

Is that not the very definition of a troll?

It would be if I was being serious bawheid. But surely you could tell I was only joking? :greengrin

You have become a bit scary with some of your posts over the last 6 weeks or so, maybe time for you to go see a doctor, are you really 55.

I'm teetotal and to date no family member (wife/kids), colleague, friend or church associate has noticed anything untoward with my behaviour. Can you really link light-hearted posts on an internet chat forum to a persons mental health? I think what's scary is that some people think that we can make these sweeping assumptions

My body is 55 - but at heart I'm still jumping about on the terracing watching Herriot, Brownlie, Schaedler, Blackley, Black, Stanton, Edwards, O'Rourke, Gordon, Cropley and Duncan singing songs to support the Hibees. Hibs daft aye - but I'm no as green as I'm cabbage looking

bawheid
13-01-2012, 12:47 PM
It would be if I was being serious bawheid. But surely you could tell I was only joking? :greengrin

To be honest Gogs, I struggle to take much of anything you say seriously these days. :greengrin

Hibby D
13-01-2012, 12:54 PM

Great post :aok: It's all about perspective :agree:

You just answered your own question there :agree:

We've seen it often enough with players being brought in because someone (i.e. whatever current incumbent is in charge at the time) has deemed him to be worth a punt. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

What I refuse to believe is that any player who pulls on a Hibs jersey deliberately goes out to have a crap game. They're either having a poor game or they're simply not good enough; the latter not being their fault. And so sometimes, nae more than sometimes, it beggars belief to read the weighty criticism levied via this board (and at ER) at our less talented players.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-01-2012, 01:02 PM
I remember when K Miller first came into the team Mixu was forever telling him what to do on the pitch when they played together, we dont have anyone like that now.

Dashing Bob S
13-01-2012, 01:28 PM

I post on here free of these shackles and take great delight in posting fibs, rumours and pash thus winding up those people who are daft enough to take the ramblings of an internet fool seriously. :wink:

Perspective Required

Nutshell. Football is absolute nonsense and its all about buying into a culture where you have the freedom to talk absolute Tom Kite. If it was all about cerebral fact, we could agree that Barca are the best team in the world, Hibs aren't very good and that the league table approximates the wage bill of each club almost perfectly, year in, year out.

BORING!

The day you can't talk absolute nonsense about the game is the day I lose interest.

(And I still do push-ups as well.)

mjhibby
13-01-2012, 01:49 PM

While i fully understand peoples immense frustration at what has happened at er since we won the league cup in 2007 i cant help but ageeing that getting behind the team will bear much more reward than constantly barracking them on websites and at games.Ive watched some crap hibs teams in my time but always got behind them even when we were behind outplayed.When we were beaten 3-0 in the league cup fial by the dons we cheered the whole game as we realise they were miles better than us but tried their best.i think it is a reflection of modern life that we want instant everything and that includes getting success that we think we deserved.I think pat fenlon is the right man for hibs,will sort it out and will get a team on the park worth watching.
In the short term lets get right behind the players and cheer them on on saturday and for the rest of the season.You never know we may even get to hampden(and most probably lose the final).Lost my enthisaism for hibs for a while and it wasnt helped by websites constantly being negative but i feel the tide is turning and hopefully results and the general mood of the fans will improve.heres hoping anyway.

Twa Cairpets
13-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Nutshell. Football is absolute nonsense and its all about buying into a culture where you have the freedom to talk absolute Tom Kite. If it was all about cerebral fact, we could agree that Barca are the best team in the world, Hibs aren't very good and that the league table approximates the wage bill of each club almost perfectly, year in, year out.

BORING!

The day you can't talk absolute nonsense about the game is the day I lose interest.

(And I still do push-ups as well.)

Sensible and funny ramblings are good. As you suggest being passionate about a football team filled with people you dont know is probably a definition of illogical, and frankly doesnt bear a lot of in depth scrutiny.

What drives me to distraction is the amount of moronic stupidity that spouts endlessly from some, and on occasion from others (yes, myself included I'm sure). There's a difference between irony, the occasional wind up, or every now and then chucking in a post-bomb and sitting back to the read the fall out and some mindless repetitive drivel thats stands up to zero scrutiny.

(I dont do push ups anymore, although a couple of people have suggested that they might give me a nice cleavage these days)

GreenCastle
13-01-2012, 01:57 PM

:agree::thumbsup:

Leadership - something we miss badly

Dashing Bob S
13-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Sensible and funny ramblings are good. As you suggest being passionate about a football team filled with people you dont know is probably a definition of illogical, and frankly doesnt bear a lot of in depth scrutiny.

What drives me to distraction is the amount of moronic stupidity that spouts endlessly from some, and on occasion from others (yes, myself included I'm sure). There's a difference between irony, the occasional wind up, or every now and then chucking in a post-bomb and sitting back to the read the fall out and some mindless repetitive drivel thats stands up to zero scrutiny.

(I dont do push ups anymore, although a couple of people have suggested that they might give me a nice cleavage these days)

It's the price we pay for freedom, TC.

ShanksSaidNo
13-01-2012, 03:10 PM

Your post count would disagree with that statement.

I dinae mess about.