PDA

View Full Version : Could we not....??

beensaidbefore
12-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Could we not, stirke up some kind of partnership with a team in a country who's season operates at a different time of year from ours?

During our summer break we could send our youngsters to them, during their break they could send their yourgsters to us. At the very least, it could help us sign more promising youngsters if they knew they would get a trip to US, Australia eg. in the summer. It could also give young players the opportunity to experience different training methods, diets, culture, etc etc. which could be of benefit to the club long term, as this would be something that throughout a players life (playing & Coaching) they would appreciate being given the opportunity.

If the realtionships between the clubs was successful there could be various possibilities, including immediate benefit to the first team and club e.g. loan singnings, sponsors, raising awareness in another country.

Im sure larger clubs in premiership already do this, so there may be competition for clubs with decent facilities etc. but im sure there must be some clubs out there that would be suitable.

Thoughts?

Scouse Hibee
12-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Could we not, stirke up some kind of partnership with a team in a country who's season operates at a different time of year from ours?

During our summer break we could send our youngsters to them, during their break they could send their yourgsters to us. At the very least, it could help us sign more promising youngsters if they knew they would get a trip to US, Australia eg. in the summer. It could also give young players the opportunity to experience different training methods, diets, culture, etc etc. which could be of benefit to the club long term, as this would be something that throughout a players life (playing & Coaching) they would appreciate being given the opportunity.

If the realtionships between the clubs was successful there could be various possibilities, including immediate benefit to the first team and club e.g. loan singnings, sponsors, raising awareness in another country.

Im sure larger clubs in premiership already do this, so there may be competition for clubs with decent facilities etc. but im sure there must be some clubs out there that would be suitable.

Thoughts?

Seeing as we have shelled out on the stadium and training centre already, I would much rather we now concentrated on the most important aspect of our club THE CURRENT TEAM. I see your point but lets not try to run when we're still learning to walk.

SteveHFC
12-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Chelsea :devil:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/chelsea_hibs_link_up_confirmed_1_1404977

hibee81
13-01-2012, 08:02 AM
I would like to see a club link with one of the scandinavian teams, always seem to produce good talent surely there not all affiliated to premiership clubs. Malmo, Elfsberg, hacken for example.

beensaidbefore
13-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Yes, we couldn't.

Why? :confused:

beensaidbefore
13-01-2012, 12:29 PM
I would like to see a club link with one of the scandinavian teams, always seem to produce good talent surely there not all affiliated to premiership clubs. Malmo, Elfsberg, hacken for example.

Exactly the type of thing I mean. Not sure when their season begins/ends but we have spent millions on a training complex. Would be a shame not to use it to its full potential.

GreenCastle
13-01-2012, 12:34 PM
There is potential to do this - many teams do this now - best to ask the board why we don't.

The main priority should be the team at ER right now - we all agree on that :agree:

vercol36
13-01-2012, 02:49 PM
The boys from Sect43 already have a link with a fan group from GAIS in Sweden. They were sitting in front of me a few games ago, seemed to be an alright group o folk. They've got an abysmal team an all.