PDA

View Full Version : Greggs O'Connor signed for Coventry?

Hibs90
12-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Mate on Facebook saying he's signed for Coventry. Anyone heard anything?

nortonhibby
12-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Mate on Facebook saying he's signed for Coventry. Anyone heard anything?

just got a text confirming this anyone got any info i thought he was Rangers Bound.:pfgwa

steakbake
12-01-2012, 11:03 PM
McPake coming our way?

Joe
12-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Wouldn't really mind. We have Griffith, Doyle and possible Twigg and O'Connor has done nothing for a while. Were gonna lose him at the end of the season might as well get McPake in return plus it also keeps him out of the huns and it would kill me to see him play for them.

bingo70
12-01-2012, 11:08 PM
It's on another thread that a coventry player has tweeted it

Sir David Gray
12-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Four months ago, I'd have been devastated with this news.

However, he's barely kicked a ball for us since September/October time and, right now, I wouldn't be too bothered if he has gone.

If he's away to Coventry then I wish him all the best and I just hope that he can get his personal life sorted out and cut out all the nonsense.

Captain Trips
12-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Four months ago, I'd have been devastated with this news.

However, he's barely kicked a ball for us since September/October time and, right now, I wouldn't be too bothered if he has gone.

If he's away to Coventry then I wish him all the best and I just hope that he can get his personal life sorted out and cut out all the nonsense.

If true I think its not good at all, players go up and down during season I for one think he was/is more than capable of getting things back on track, if we were 3rd in SPL and he had scored 1 or 2 fine but he has scored a fair few and we are 1pt above bottom, I cannot see what could possibly be good about this.

Scouse Hibee
12-01-2012, 11:17 PM
If true I think its not good at all, players go up and down during season I for one think he was/is more than capable of getting things back on track, if we were 3rd in SPL and he had scored 1 or 2 fine but he has scored a fair few and we are 1pt above bottom, I cannot see what could possibly be good about this.

This :agree:

Joe
12-01-2012, 11:19 PM
I see Luka Jutkiewicz has just moved from Coventry to Boro, O'Connor being his replacement. Seems to be something in this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14730037.stm

Elephant Stone
12-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Big gamble if true. In fact, not even a gamble- what's to be gained here? We're losing our top by a mile goal scorer while we're fighting relegation for probably not a lot of money. Why are people ambivalent? This is surely bad :confused:

RIP
12-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Some of us yearn for the Famous Five and Tornadoes eras when the team was settled, players were played in position, tactics were well-rehearsed and there was a real team spirit about the club

Howver since the Golden Generation was sold off, a section of the Hibs Support are only pleased when managers and players are coming and going. This clearly excites some more than the matches themselves. They are the truly deluded ones as no club chairman nor supporter would ever wish for the constant churn and instability we have seen at Easter Road in the past 5 years.

It is the root cause of all our problems - on and off the park

Joe
12-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Palsson, Thornhill, Crawford, O'Connor out with maybe a few more (Agogo etc) Doyle, Francomb in with maybe Twigg, Brennan and McPake to follow? I really hope we get Hughes aswell, were crying out for someone who knows what to do with the ball in central midfield. Also, according to Mark Bensteads twitter Mark Kerr, formerly of Aberdeen and Dundee United is training with Dunfermline, worth a punt? Tough tackeling midfielder with no shortage of skill or experience.

PaulSmith
12-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Chris Hussey, current Covt player, saying that he has signed for them. Not sure but 2+2=McPake

Dunbar Hibee
12-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Chris Hussey, current Covt player, saying that he has signed for them. Not sure but 2+2=McPake

The Chriss Hussey account is fake.

.Sean.
12-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Palsson, Thornhill, Crawford, O'Connor out with maybe a few more (Agogo etc) Doyle, Francomb in with maybe Twigg, Brennan and McPake to follow? I really hope we get Hughes aswell, were crying out for someone who knows what to do with the ball in central midfield. Also, according to Mark Bensteads twitter Mark Kerr, formerly of Aberdeen and Dundee United is training with Dunfermline, worth a punt? Tough tackeling midfielder with no shortage of skill or experience.

Fed up hearing that. Hibs cannot afford to 'take a punt' on anyone.

As fro O'Connor, I ain't bothered. Big user with his heid up his erse.

silverhibee
12-01-2012, 11:38 PM
I cant get why GOC would want to go to Coventry, they look like they will get relagated this season and they wont be paying very good wages, Gaz will be looking for better i think, cant see this happening.

GreenCastle
12-01-2012, 11:39 PM

Agreed - still our top scorer and an asset to the team - we need a stronger SQUAD not just a decent 11 - which we don't even have already :rolleyes:

The only positive would be that he wouldn't be going to Glasgow

GreenCastle
12-01-2012, 11:41 PM

The Chris Hussey account on twitter is fake :agree:

surreyhibbie
12-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Agreed - still our top scorer and an asset to the team - we need a stronger SQUAD not just a decent 11 - which we don't even have already :rolleyes:

The only positive would be that he wouldn't be going to Glasgow

:agree:

If he has to go, i wouldn't want to see him with the great unwashed.

Kato
12-01-2012, 11:44 PM
I cant get why GOC would want to go to Coventry, they look like they will get relagated this season and they wont be paying very good wages

Out of the frying pan into the fire [joke]

Hermit Crab
12-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Nothing on CCFC website about any signings

TowerHibs
12-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Some of us yearn for the Famous Five and Tornadoes eras when the team was settled, players were played in position, tactics were well-rehearsed and there was a real team spirit about the club

Howver since the Golden Generation was sold off, a section of the Hibs Support are only pleased when managers and players are coming and going. This clearly excites some more than the matches themselves. They are the truly deluded ones as no club chairman nor supporter would ever wish for the constant churn and instability we have seen at Easter Road in the past 5 years.

It is the root cause of all our problems - on and off the park
You've had a few post recently that I couldn't disagree mOre with

I agree 100% with this one though

hibby67
13-01-2012, 12:14 AM
I cant get why GOC would want to go to Coventry, they look like they will get relagated this season and they wont be paying very good wages, Gaz will be looking for better i think, cant see this happening.

Could say the same for anyone wanting to come to us........:greengrin

Dr Jimmy
13-01-2012, 12:17 AM
SSN are reporting that Huns are one of 3 clubs interested in signing O'Connor.

Something seems to be brewing with this and that usually means the player is offski :-(

oneone73
13-01-2012, 12:23 AM

Something seems to be brewing with this and that usually means the player is offski :-(

Or perhaps Garry has been spouting his pish again.

hibee92
13-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Need him to stay. Simple.

jamiehibee
13-01-2012, 12:31 AM

My thoughts exactly

DC_Hibs
13-01-2012, 12:32 AM

He'd be lucky to get another chance at that level so beggars cant be choosers especially when it would likely be double the money on offer at least. He's already been in that league at Barnsley where it didnt work out and ended up back at Hibs. Fair enough he started on fire with us but has done little in the last few months to attract big offers.

Could be yet more internet fuelled bull***** of course or could even be gob*****e Gazza talking more mince himself.

Clear the decks Paddy and inject some quality into the team.

WestEndHibee
13-01-2012, 12:59 AM
After reading Fenlon's interview today in the Herald, I'm not surprised by this. The disunity of the squad is something he wants to quickly cut out and it will probably be the case that he see's GOC ac disruptive to the rest of the team, which is well within the bounds of my imagination. Either that or Garry has a clause in his contract that might be reached here.

However the complete lack of goals in the team now is very worrying.

Still, I reckon Pat has a plan (blind faith).

:pfgwa:pfgwa

eastmainsmsh
13-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Interesting does GOC have a house in the Midlands ?

Maybe we are getting Mcpake and Gary Deegan ?

if anything in this news

Cocaine&Caviar
13-01-2012, 01:37 AM
As much as I dislike them, surely Rangers have to be a far more attractive proposition to him than Cov, the Ricoh is absolutly souless, and theyre bottom of the league, wiith a poor squad. Yes Rangers hve their financial difficulties, but hed still have a great chance at a medal & goal scorinng chances.

SteveHFC
13-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Interesting does GOC have a house in the Midlands ?

Maybe we are getting Mcpake and Gary Deegan ?

if anything in this news

I would be happy with that :aok:

Bayern Bru
13-01-2012, 02:02 AM
The Coventry "player" who has tweeted it has apparently been voted 'spokesman for the team' and has been asked to 'interact with fans' on Twitter.

Quite how that equates to knowing exactly who his club are signing or not signing is unclear.

I say pure unadulterated pish. If there was substance to it, it'd be in more places than twitter, and dot net. And it would be on the Coventry forums, replacing the chat about fake Twitter profiles.

MrRobot
13-01-2012, 02:27 AM
O'Connor IMO can go **** himself. He isnt commited to us and from what it appears he is trying to get a move away. We've supported him through alleged drug and fraud ***** and he doesnt appreciate it. Good player, gant attitude.

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 02:33 AM
O'Connor IMO can go **** himself. He isnt commited to us and from what it appears he is trying to get a move away. We've supported him through alleged drug and fraud ***** and he doesnt appreciate it. Good player, gant attitude.

I would say that Hibs whom gave him his start never stood in his way to move on, gave him his 2nd start when things were not so good for him and now that Hibs are in trouble and need goals I think he really should focus on getting fit and save the club that started him and then potentialy saved him, I think he owes the club that. However players do not think like that it appears.

stevenhibs
13-01-2012, 06:23 AM
I tend to agree with this but on a slightly more diplomatic level. His attitude has been terrible and the clouds that hang over him shocking from an adult, nevermind role model.

I'd rather a player that will give everything he's got: granted he's scored a great deal of out goals and had it not been for him god knows where we're be but I can't help thinking that the rot and unrest that he may be causing, we'd be far better without.

Stewboy
13-01-2012, 07:20 AM
In Coventry now, will see if any guys in the office have heard owt

bingo70
13-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Heard yesterday that o'Connor has got a buy out clause in his contract so if he is sold it may not actually be the boards decision to 'cash in on him'

greenlex
13-01-2012, 07:39 AM

I reckon a Doyle Griffiths combo will get more goals than an O C onnor Griffiths one. If McPake can cut out some of the leaked goals then it woild nake perfect sense to me.
Keeps us up and the rebuild vontinues in the Summer.

AlbertK86
13-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Why not just wait and see if he goes anywhere.

Everybody knew and accepted when he signed it was short term to suit both him and us. Annoying yep if it happens but we cannas say we didn't know it was likely to happen now or in the summer

Devine
13-01-2012, 08:04 AM
I reckon a Doyle Griffiths combo will get more goals than an O C onnor Griffiths one. If McPake can cut out some of the leaked goals then it woild nake perfect sense to me.
Keeps us up and the rebuild vontinues in the Summer.

The way we play football we will need a physical presence up top. Neither of these 2 will offer that

greenlex
13-01-2012, 08:14 AM
The way we play football we will need a physical presence up top. Neither of these 2 will offer that

Sodje if we want to be physical.
O Connor goesdown quicker than a two bob whore by the way.
Oh aye and the way we have been playing doesnt work.
O Connors seco d touch is a tackle and I am in my 50s is still quicker.

Septimus
13-01-2012, 08:17 AM
If he goes to Coventry does that mean that we won't be speaking to him? Or even about him?

offshorehibby
13-01-2012, 08:19 AM
A couple of weeks ago i would not have wanted GO'C going anywhere as i think he's the only regular goal scorer we have (I still think he is). Griffiths needs to start pitching in with more goals, Doyle will be a regular scorer i think.
If GO'C going allows us to bring in a couple of key players in other areas then it would be worth it.

Hibs90
13-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Sodje if we want to be physical.
O Connor goesdown quicker than a two bob whore by the way.
Oh aye and the way we have been playing doesnt work.
O Connors seco d touch is a tackle and I am in my 50s is still quicker.

Think its time for a new phone :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
13-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Why not just wait and see if he goes anywhere.

Everybody knew and accepted when he signed it was short term to suit both him and us. Annoying yep if it happens but we cannas say we didn't know it was likely to happen now or in the summer

Well said !!!

Don't see why we need be all yammish about it... "He was playing crap anyway"...."won't be missed" etc........

I honestly never thought we'd see GOC in a Hibs jersey ever again when he left for Russia....... and OK he's not been 'at it' the last month or so, but he's scored a healthy amount of goals for us IN A VERY POOR team.

Whether he goes now or the summer, I wish him all the very best and have been grateful to see him turn out again for us.

I can see the argument about using his wage to strengthen in other areas, but personally I'd rather he stayed AND We still strengthened in other areas.
What if Doyle or Griffiths get injured. We need a strong bench if possible.

MrRobot
13-01-2012, 10:06 AM
I would say that Hibs whom gave him his start never stood in his way to move on, gave him his 2nd start when things were not so good for him and now that Hibs are in trouble and need goals I think he really should focus on getting fit and save the club that started him and then potentialy saved him, I think he owes the club that. However players do not think like that it appears.

Exactly. Were helping his career stay in track and he seems not to care. Tbf if he goes to Coventry I would be a bit happier that he showed a bit of ambition.

easty
13-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Exactly. Were helping his career stay in track and he seems not to care. Tbf if he goes to Coventry I would be a bit happier that he showed a bit of ambition.

While you're not wrong - we did stand by him through all the crap he was getting - he would never have come back to us if it wasn't for those troubles in the first place. So those troubles he was having helped us bring in a good player. He doesn't owe us anything in my opinion. I expected him to be here short term. He's probably scored about the amount of goals I expected him to get.

Iain G
13-01-2012, 10:33 AM
While you're not wrong - we did stand by him through all the crap he was getting - he would never have come back to us if it wasn't for those troubles in the first place. So those troubles he was having helped us bring in a good player. He doesn't owe us anything in my opinion. I expected him to be here short term. He's probably scored about the amount of goals I expected him to get.

If PF can put together a team that can win and retain the ball and pass it and create decent chances for the forwards then having him up front would be a bonus if he can focus again and rediscover his early season form and eye for goal.

If this is a lost cause and the off field issues have now had a major impact on his footballing desire, then we need to get in players willing to go the extra mile to get us up the table. We don't have time to be sentimental about players at this point in time, unfortunatley.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 10:42 AM
I tend to agree with this but on a slightly more diplomatic level. His attitude has been terrible and the clouds that hang over him shocking from an adult, nevermind role model.

I'd rather a player that will give everything he's got: granted he's scored a great deal of out goals and had it not been for him god knows where we're be but I can't help thinking that the rot and unrest that he may be causing, we'd be far better without.

He only got short term deal from us, which suited both parties. It was good for us to have his goals, but he was always putting himself in shop window by doing so.

silverhibee
13-01-2012, 11:15 AM

True, very true.

IWasThere2016
13-01-2012, 11:20 AM

or fingers :top marks

brog
13-01-2012, 11:25 AM
He can't be at Coventry, he's still having that medical at MP surely?? :wink:

PeterboroHibee
13-01-2012, 11:26 AM
If he goes, he goes. Superb when he first arrived but, along with the entire team, has been pretty awful since. Disappointed we were a quick fix for yet another player but thats the way it is, we will see how long it lasts for him.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 11:33 AM
If he goes, he goes. Superb when he first arrived but, along with the entire team, has been pretty awful since. Disappointed we were a quick fix for yet another player but thats the way it is, we will see how long it lasts for him.

Agree but the deal suited both parties when he returned......

nortonhibby
13-01-2012, 11:43 AM

As long as RP And the board carry on with this short term signings polocy that has got us into this mess then this will continue to happen.
If a player does well then he will be offski at end of short contract/loan plus there is not a lot of commitment to the cause/club from players on short term deals as they know they can be told to go when the short term deal is finished.
Its the same old same old polocy which does not work and until we sign players on longer contracts the groundhog day will continue.

Peevemor
13-01-2012, 11:46 AM
As long as RP And the board carry on with this short term signings polocy that has got us into this mess then this will continue to happen.
If a player does well then he will be offski at end of short contract/loan plus there is not a lot of commitment to the cause/club from players on short term deals as they know they can be told to go when the short term deal is finished.
Its the same old same old polocy which does not work and until we sign players on longer contracts the groundhog day will continue.

:blah::blah::blah::blah:

:coffee:

lord bunberry
13-01-2012, 11:51 AM
He can't be at Coventry, he's still having that medical at MP surely?? :wink:
Was it not hmp saughton

robinp
13-01-2012, 12:05 PM

Contracts are a 2 way thing mate - you can't force a player to sign a long term deal.

Anybody who believes the GOC didn't come to Hibs on a 12 month deal to get in the shop window, score a few goals and get a decent move is sadly deluded!

PeterboroHibee
13-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Contracts are a 2 way thing mate - you can't force a player to sign a long term deal.

Anybody who believes the GOC didn't come to Hibs on a 12 month deal to get in the shop window, score a few goals and get a decent move is sadly deluded!

Obviously theres almost no loyalty now in football so you cant expect anything of players, but that doesnt mean its not disappointing to see a player like O'Connor jumping at the first sign of a bigger club/wage packet. We gave him the opportunity to get first team football again after quite a few problems and about 4 years where he has played hardly any football, and after 6 months his off. Cant blame the fans for being annoyed really.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Just on SSN the now that rangers are among 3 clubs interested in signing Garry o'connor. So looks like he's not signed for anyone yet.

Jones28
13-01-2012, 12:51 PM

Petrie offered him a leg up on his career BECAUSE A: He was excellent for Hibs before he left for Russia, he is one of our own B: He's not actually as big pr!ck as folk like you seem to think :aok:

I will say the short term policy worked if his goals keep us in the SPL :agree:

brog
13-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Just on SSN the now that rangers are among 3 clubs interested in signing Garry o'connor. So looks like he's not signed for anyone yet.

That's the same news that SSN has been showing all week, the other 2 were quoted as Millwall & Charlton. I would have thought after 5 days that this news is not news, probably just their regular update on the transfer window & who may be moving.

PaulSmith
13-01-2012, 06:26 PM
http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2576308

ginger_rice
13-01-2012, 06:38 PM

That seems to be that then!

greenlex
13-01-2012, 06:42 PM

True, very true.

Nowt wrong with the phone. It's the idiot on the end of it. New fingers required.:agree:

Mikey
13-01-2012, 06:44 PM

"There's no interest in Garry at the moment. I'm loathed to speak about other players who are playing in other teams at the moment.

And it shouldn't be going on their official site either.

The_Todd
13-01-2012, 06:54 PM
"There's no interest in Garry at the moment. I'm loathed to speak about other players who are playing in other teams at the moment", he said whilst talking about players playing for other teams.

If you ain't interested don't mention his name then, if you are then do it through official channels. Turd.

Niffy
13-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Maybe there's another Keith Houchen coming up to us as a swap.... ?

Spike Mandela
13-01-2012, 07:02 PM
"There's no interest in Garry at the moment. I'm loathed to speak about other players who are playing in other teams at the moment", he said whilst talking about players playing for other teams.

If you ain't interested don't mention his name then, if you are then do it through official channels. Turd.

He's right about one thing, he's loathed:cb

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 07:13 PM

I dont see the problem, hes saying he is not interested, different if he was saying he was interested and wants to sign him. I just heared Stuart Mccall when asked about \if he is interested in Sutton and he had a chat about it with the reporter and said he wasnt as no budget etc, whats the problem?

At least it gives us a bit clarity im glad he has come out and said it.

The_Todd
13-01-2012, 07:24 PM
I dont see the problem, hes saying he is not interested, different if he was saying he was interested and wants to sign him. I just heared Stuart Mccall when asked about \if he is interested in Sutton and he had a chat about it with the reporter and said he wasnt as no budget etc, whats the problem?

At least it gives us a bit clarity im glad he has come out and said it.

If he was asked by someone in the media and he answered the question, then fine. But this is the official Rangers news he's talking to, so the name should never have been mentioned.

Maybe I'm just used to the civilised way Hibs do things.

Springbank
13-01-2012, 07:27 PM
I've just put a message up on my official website saying that I'd heard some quotes from Ally McCoist but I'm not interested in him.

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 07:33 PM
If he was asked by someone in the media and he answered the question, then fine. But this is the official Rangers news he's talking to, so the name should never have been mentioned.

Maybe I'm just used to the civilised way Hibs do things.

So the interviewer on Rankers media asks him the question about speculation linking him hith GO and other players and he gives him an answer thats reported on Rangers official news, I still dont see the problem. Im sure ive heared previous Hibs managers when asked about specific players on Hibs TV and they have ruled them out.

Im miby just a bit more laid back than some :wink:

Leithenhibby
13-01-2012, 07:35 PM
No talk on the CCFC Forum either.....

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/forums/7-Coventry-City-General-Chat

down-the-slope
13-01-2012, 07:42 PM
TBH can be bothered reading all the speculative stuff on this thread...

I'm sure there is plenty GOC GTF....Its rubbish...bloke down the pub says no but its.....:rolleyes:

All I know for sure was Garry was following his usual routine today...leaving his house stopping on the way for paper etc in Gullane...with just enough time to make EM for training......................................

Leithenhibby
13-01-2012, 07:44 PM

I'm sure there is plenty GOC GTF....Its rubbish...bloke down the pub says no but its.....

All I know for sure was Garry was following his usual routine today...leaving his house stopping on the way for paper etc in Gullane...with just enough time to make EM for training......................................

Fair do's & fair point .... :wink:

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 07:56 PM

I'm sure there is plenty GOC GTF....Its rubbish...bloke down the pub says no but its.....:rolleyes:

Did he stop at mothercare on the way back to get a pressie for his new arrival coming soon? :wink: Was it pink or blue :greengrin

jabis
13-01-2012, 08:02 PM
So the interviewer on Rankers media asks him the question about speculation linking him hith GO and other players and he gives him an answer thats reported on Rangers official news, I still dont see the problem. Im sure ive heared previous Hibs managers when asked about specific players on Hibs TV and they have ruled them out.

Im miby just a bit more laid back than some :wink:

:top marks

Stewboy
13-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Nothing from folk in office in down here

Steve-O
13-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Big gamble if true. In fact, not even a gamble- what's to be gained here? We're losing our top by a mile goal scorer while we're fighting relegation for probably not a lot of money. Why are people ambivalent? This is surely bad :confused:

We can spend the wage money on someone who is not a lazy fat jakey?

Peevemor
14-01-2012, 12:25 AM
http://religionannarbor.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/someone_is_wrong_on_the_internet1.jpg

Superb!

Can we not launch this clown yet.

Pretty please admins :pray: