PDA

View Full Version : Who's next to leave

Billy Whizz
12-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Fenlon says on the official site that a few players have been spoken to and will be leaving the club. My money's on a few from the below
Sodje
Hart
Scott
Agogo - is he still at Hibs or gone

greenlex
12-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Billy Broon.

Mikey_1875
12-01-2012, 06:23 PM
I think fenlon quite likes Scott especially since welsh is now leaving makes me think this as a show of confidence in scott. Certainly think agogo will leave, hopefully hart. Maybe o Connor aswell.

Scouse Hibee
12-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Agogo
Sproule
Sodje
Hart

The_Famous_HFC
12-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Agogo
Sproule
Sodje
Hart
No chance he will make Sproule go. It would take a brave man to do so anyway...

calumb
12-01-2012, 06:37 PM
O'connor judging sky sports news

The_Todd
12-01-2012, 06:37 PM

Why? He's not exactly been a fan favourite since coming back, and Fenlon's starting to strike me as a man who won't shy away from such things. Nobody's too good to be safe from the boot.

.Sean.
12-01-2012, 06:44 PM
No chance he will make Sproule go. It would take a brave man to do so anyway...How so? He's rubbish.

I'd also be pleased to see the backs of Agogo, Towell, Hart, Galbraith, Sodje and O'Hanlon.

Westie1875
12-01-2012, 06:48 PM

? :confused:

Northernhibee
12-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Towell
Wotherspoon
Sodje

Hermit Crab
12-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Billy Broon.

Im inclined to agree with that :agree:

Pretty Boy
12-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Agogo, Towell, Galbraith, Sproule and Sodje can all go as far as I'm concerned.

The only one named previously I'd like to keep is Scott. I don't know why but i still think there is something about him with a couple of more creative players alongside.

Hermit Crab
12-01-2012, 06:52 PM

Really ? :confused:

Scouse Hibee
12-01-2012, 06:53 PM

A brave man? There would hardly be backlash from the fans as he's been pish!!

Beefster
12-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Considering the way that Hart dug his heels in at Preston to get the money that he felt that he was due, I can't see him being particularly easy to get off the books.

Hermit Crab
12-01-2012, 07:09 PM
A brave man? There would hardly be backlash from the fans as he's been pish!!

I agree with the bold bits but there is definitely an Ivan Sproule uber fan club kicking about that would be up in arms if this happened, personally the 2nd time around doesn't work imo.

Albion Hibs
12-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Lets be honest it could be many of them.

Palsson was pretty much the first to go. He started the derby and was maybe 7 mins away from getting a draw against hertz, based on that I would think he would have started the game against Cowdenbeath and maybe been on a winning team. Shows how fine the line is. I dont know if he will necessarily get rid of anyone else.

Seveno
12-01-2012, 07:14 PM
I agree with the bold bits but there is definitely an Ivan Sproule uber fan club kicking about that would be up in arms if this happened, personally the 2nd time around doesn't work imo.

He hasn't exactly been playing in the position that suits him. How many times had he had a ball to run on to ?

Hermit Crab
12-01-2012, 07:18 PM
He hasn't exactly been playing in the position that suits him. How many times had he had a ball to run on to ?

Hes been played out wide has he not? Sorry he seems to have lost the ability to beat a man lift his head to put a cross in, final ball is pish and he cant take set pieces. He was beaten for pace by Andy Webster in the recent derby, and he has the tendency to do stupid things and get himself booked. Griffiths is guilty of the latter too.

Sumner
12-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Petrie ?? .. oh well, wishful thinking :coffee:

Scouse Hibee
12-01-2012, 07:21 PM

How many times has he made the right run into a position to receive the ball, add that to how many times has he actually beat a man this season with the ball at his feet? Not an Ivan basher by the way just bitterly disappointed with his performances this season.

EuanH78
12-01-2012, 07:31 PM
How many times has he made the right run into a position to receive the ball, add that to how many times has he actually beat a man this season with the ball at his feet? Not an Ivan basher by the way just bitterly disappointed with his performances this season.

Noticed in the derby that Ivan was playing on his heels, maybe an indication of how the team is playing as a whole (i.e he's not expecting the balls to run onto) Anyway, as a consequence his greatest asset is nullified. Would like to see him again when the team was playing a bit better but at the minute think he shouldnt be a starter.

Hermit Crab
12-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Noticed in the derby that Ivan was playing on his heels, maybe an indication of how the team is playing as a whole (i.e he's not expecting the balls to run onto) Anyway, as a consequence his greatest asset is nullified. Would like to see him again when the team was playing a bit better but at the minute think he shouldnt be a starter.

TBH he shouldnt start anyway hes an impact player at best.

Cocaine&Caviar
12-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Theres actualy few i be dissapointed not to stay:

GK: Stack, Brown
RB:
CB:
CB: Hanlon,
LB: Booth,

RM: Wotherspoon,
CM: Osbourne, Scott,
CM: Stevenson,
LM:

ST: GOC
ST: Griffiths, Doyle

Leaves a lot of room for improvement.

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 07:51 PM

Agree, would never be in my starting 11, but would maybe get last 20 minutes.....

The_Todd
12-01-2012, 07:56 PM

Indeed, he wasn't a first pick in his prime either.

Hermit Crab
12-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Agree, would never be in my starting 11, but would maybe get last 20 minutes.....

The way he's performed this season an unused sub in the papers match report suits him better. Hes not the only one though. Nearly all the first 11 need to buck their ideas up or face being without a club in the summer if we are relegated.

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 08:00 PM
The way he's performed this season an unused sub in the papers match report suits him better. Hes not the only one though. Nearly all the first 11 need to buck their ideas up or face being without a club in the summer if we are relegated.

Its time for them to buy into PF's philosophy, and time for them to stand up to the plate and put in performances that are vastly improved

Hermit Crab
12-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Its time for them to buy into PF's philosophy, and time for them to stand up to the plate and put in performances that are vastly improved

The thing is they dont have a choice, they have to improve or face up to the fact that it places like Cappielow on wet and windy Tuesday nights next season.

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 08:06 PM
The thing is they dont have a choice, they have to improve or face up to the fact that it places like Cappielow on wet and windy Tuesday nights next season.

The good thing is PF won't tolerate poor performances or slackers for too long, and is already making his mark

Hermit Crab
12-01-2012, 08:11 PM
The good thing is PF won't tolerate poor performances or slackers for too long, and is already making his mark

It looks like we have a manager thats not going to take any ***** from the players and thats good. I think he was maybe too hasty in letting Palsson go though. Might have kept Thornhill too.

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 08:37 PM
It looks like we have a manager thats not going to take any ***** from the players and thats good. I think he was maybe too hasty in letting Palsson go though. Might have kept Thornhill too.

Palsson was massive let down, underachieved big time....Regards Thornhill, we never got to see best of him through injury, but if not rated by PF then no point of him hanging around.......

Jim44
12-01-2012, 08:49 PM

I take it there's a 'by' missing. Can't find anything about O'Connor on SSN.

Dombie
12-01-2012, 08:56 PM
According to one of their players on twitter, o'connor's off to Coventry city. Can't find the damn tweet again tho! Will keep looking...

The_Todd
12-01-2012, 09:03 PM
According to one of their players on twitter, o'connor's off to Coventry city. Can't find the damn tweet again tho! Will keep looking...

They can give us McPake then.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-01-2012, 09:05 PM
I would not be overly surprised if that by the time the close season comes around, Fenlon has emptied everyone from the club that Calderwood brought in.

Dibben
12-01-2012, 09:16 PM
I take it there's a 'by' missing. Can't find anything about O'Connor on SSN.

When they mention that Hibs have signed Francomb, they go on to say that Hibs are looking to hold on to GOC, saying that Rangers and a couple of teams in England (can't mind who) are interested!!

nortonhibby
12-01-2012, 09:24 PM
How so? He's rubbish.

I'd also be pleased to see the backs of Agogo, Towell, Hart, Galbraith, Sodje and O'Hanlon.

a blind man with a stick can see that :pfgwa GHTF ASAP.

Dombie
12-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Tweeted by chrishussey79

Gary O'Connor will add valuable experience to our young lads. Good signing. #hibs #blues #Barnsley #bcfc #Moscow #CCFC

The thought plickens!

Sir David Gray
12-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Anyone who Pat Fenlon hasn't signed up can go as far as I'm concerned.

He's got rid of two already but there's a lot more still to go.

Long may the clearout continue.

AlbertK86
12-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Theres actualy few i be dissapointed not to stay:

GK: Stack, Brown
RB:
CB:
CB: Hanlon,
LB: Booth,

RM: Wotherspoon,
CM: Osbourne, Scott,
CM: Stevenson,
LM:

ST: GOC
ST: Griffiths, Doyle

Leaves a lot of room for improvement.

gk Brown

Rb Francomb
Ch
Ch
Lb Hanlon/Smith

Rm
Cm Ozzy
Cm
Lm Booth

Cf Doyle
Cf O'Connor

Subs

Murray
Stephens
Scott
Spoon
Stevenson
Griffiths
Stanton
Caldwell
Handling

Everyone else - see ya

CallumLaidlaw
12-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Tweeted by chrishussey79

Gary O'Connor will add valuable experience to our young lads. Good signing. #hibs #blues #Barnsley #bcfc #Moscow #CCFC

The thought plickens!

Fake account apparently

TrinityHibs
13-01-2012, 06:12 AM
I'd go for Thornhill myself:wink:

Septimus
13-01-2012, 07:42 AM
I would not be overly surprised if that by the time the close season comes around, Fenlon has emptied everyone from the club that Calderwood brought in.

With the exception of Osborne perhaps.