PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood ; 'He's got an eye for a player'

3pm
12-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Another myth on here. If you say it long enough people believe it.

How are all his signings doing?

Useless twat.

KeithTheHibby
12-01-2012, 06:05 PM

Useless twat.

Agreed.

Yet all some people do is give John Collins a hard time over the players he signed. Calderwood takes the biscuit. And the barrel for that matter.

Andy74
12-01-2012, 06:05 PM

Useless twat.

I'll give him Osbourne.

Saorsa
12-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I'll give him Osbourne.Personally I'd keep Osbourne and give him O'Hanlon :greengrin

Broken Gnome
12-01-2012, 06:22 PM
They go down as some of the strangest signings Hibs have ever made, or how they turned out at least. You'd never have thought of a midfield three of Osborne, Thornhill and Palsson would have been anything less than decent for an SPL side, yet two of the three have proved to be an utter waste of time. O'Hanlon looked like what we needed at the time too, and we all can see what's happened there.

We'll give him Sodje for his goals between February and April too, being kind.

Aldo
12-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Personally I'd keep Osbourne and give him O'Hanlon :greengrin

Yeah keep sniffing the toilet cleaner J.

Osborne defo.

Saorsa
12-01-2012, 06:26 PM

Osborne defo.oh dear, I think you missed my joke :wink: perhaps it just wisnae very good :greengrin

p.s. Happy Birthday :cheers:

snooky
12-01-2012, 06:27 PM
"Calderwood ; 'He's got an eye for a player' "

:agree:

The one under Lord Nelson's patch.

Iain G
12-01-2012, 06:28 PM
They go down as some of the strangest signings Hibs have ever made, or how they turned out at least. You'd never have thought of a midfield three of Osborne, Thornhill and Palsson would have been anything less than decent for an SPL side, yet two of the three have proved to be an utter waste of time. O'Hanlon looked like what we needed at the time too, and we all can see what's happened there.

We'll give him Sodje for his goals between February and April too, being kind.

Sproule and O'Connor were welcomed with open arms aswell and at least Gaz started off well...Griffiths has done ok...

Aldo
12-01-2012, 06:33 PM
oh dear, I think you missed my joke :wink: perhaps it just wisnae very good :greengrin

p.s. Happy Birthday :cheers:

I didn't just being a twat and thanks v much matey.

GG

Ps sarcasm the lowest form of humour (being a twat again. Cheers)

nonshinyfinish
12-01-2012, 06:36 PM
"Calderwood ; 'He's got an eye for a player' "

The one under Lord Nelson's patch.

Nelson's eye-patch was over his good eye, or rather above it, attached to his hat to shield his eye from the sun.

Yours,

A. Pedant

greenlex
12-01-2012, 06:43 PM
What next? Hughes? Mixu? Collins?
lLet it go FFS
lets all get behind the current incumbent and get us up where we all wantto be.
These negative breads serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever other than turn folk off viewing never mind from posting.

woodythehibee
12-01-2012, 06:47 PM
I think CC has been unlucky with his signings.

O'hanlon - looked a good buy at the time, mk dons were disappointed he left and hasn't really settled.

Palsson - came with a great pedigree. Im sure most people would be impressed after signing the Liverpool reserve captain and a u21 international.

Thornhill - came with a good reputation from forest. Having previously worked with him I'm sure CC knew he was capable but for some reason it didn't work out. Again, forest fans thought he had something to offer.

Agogo - decent reputation. International player. We were desperate for a player at the time and he done reasonably ok.

Iv only mentioned a few players but overall I reckon CC has been unlucky to some extent that it didn't work out. The players came with good reputations and we were mostly all delighted with captures at the time. It just didn't work out for various reasons.

snooky
12-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Nelson's eye-patch was over his good eye, or rather above it, attached to his hat to shield his eye from the sun.

Yours,

A. Pedant

Brilliant :thumbsup:
A. Pendant, I salute you with my right arm - just like Nelson would :wink:

Dinkydoo
12-01-2012, 06:56 PM

:hilarious:

HibsMax
12-01-2012, 07:14 PM

O'hanlon - looked a good buy at the time, mk dons were disappointed he left and hasn't really settled.

Palsson - came with a great pedigree. Im sure most people would be impressed after signing the Liverpool reserve captain and a u21 international.

Thornhill - came with a good reputation from forest. Having previously worked with him I'm sure CC knew he was capable but for some reason it didn't work out. Again, forest fans thought he had something to offer.

Agogo - decent reputation. International player. We were desperate for a player at the time and he done reasonably ok.

Iv only mentioned a few players but overall I reckon CC has been unlucky to some extent that it didn't work out. The players came with good reputations and we were mostly all delighted with captures at the time. It just didn't work out for various reasons.

Newhaven
12-01-2012, 07:22 PM

Useless twat.

No complaints about any that Fenlon has shipped out. They were all tom kite signed by Coco the Clown

Elephant Stone
12-01-2012, 08:03 PM

I don't think he was unlucky at all, I think he thought poor players/ under performing players in England would just become good players in the SPL because of the supposed difference in standard. He got it horribly wrong and we're in a hell of a mess because of it. He was an unmitigated disaster.

Saorsa
12-01-2012, 08:05 PM
:hilarious:At least somebody liked my joke :thumbsup:

Beefster
12-01-2012, 08:06 PM

While I agree with most of what you posted, MK Dons weren't that disappointed O'Hanlon left - they didn't offer him a new contract.

woodythehibee
12-01-2012, 08:10 PM
While I agree with most of what you posted, MK Dons weren't that disappointed O'Hanlon left - they didn't offer him a new contract.

Sorry, i meant the supporters. Apparantly though after failing to achieve promotion they could not afford to offer him a new deal either.

SteveHFC
12-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Calderwood is a clown.

Dashing Bob S
12-01-2012, 08:22 PM

Osborne defo.

Whooosh!!!!

Captain Trips
12-01-2012, 08:22 PM
I don't think he was unlucky at all, I think he thought poor players/ under performing players in England would just become good players in the SPL because of the supposed difference in standard. He got it horribly wrong and we're in a hell of a mess because of it. He was an unmitigated disaster.

This

Dinkydoo
12-01-2012, 08:28 PM
At least somebody liked my joke :thumbsup:

Aye, it made me chuckle at least.

Not sure how much of a success that makes it though :greengrin:

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 08:47 PM

Useless twat.

Woeful eye for "talent", truly woeful manager......Clearout of his shambles continues...... RP should have drove him to Brum in Summer..........

Eyrie
12-01-2012, 09:16 PM
:top marks

It didn't take the new manager long to start clearing out the Calderduds. I'd be surprised if more than one or two make it to next season.

The_Todd
12-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Woeful eye for "talent", truly woeful manager......Clearout of his shambles continues...... RP should have drove him to Brum in Summer..........

Then we wouldn't have Fenlon. All part of Rod's great plan! :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 09:24 PM

True :wink:

Captain Trips
12-01-2012, 10:02 PM

Maybe we would, we probably wouldnt be wasting money on short term loans/deals to get us out the predictable mire that we were going into with CC. PF not fully able to get all the players he would like this window so making do with loans etc.

If PF had start of season I would have hoped for a different approach to everything, the decision to keep CC in summer continues to cost us on wasted loan fees to help save us, money better spent at start of season on building a good team, another season wasted.

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Maybe we would, we probably wouldnt be wasting money on short term loans/deals to get us out the predictable mire that we were going into with CC. PF not fully able to get all the players he would like this window so making do with loans etc.

If PF had start of season I would have hoped for a different approach to everything, the decision to keep CC in summer continues to cost us on wasted loan fees to help save us, money better spent at start of season on building a good team, another season wasted.

Disastrous mistake made by our Board.....

nortonhibby
12-01-2012, 10:19 PM

Its Grounhog day again same old moves by RP Next AGM Groundhog day

Andy74
13-01-2012, 09:37 AM

To be honest you can say that about almost every signing ever made. Ultimatley, like Hughes with Hart and De Graaf and Collins with O'Brien and Maka, you get judged on how they turn out, not how they looked on paper beforehand.

The Sea-gull
13-01-2012, 03:31 PM
CC's signing "strategy" failed through a combination of bad luck and bad judgement.

He clearly thought he could bring up players from England and mould them into a side up here but it just goes to show that it doesn't always work and I think he would have been better to sign a couple of players already plying their trade in the SPL to compliment the "stars" from England. Hope PF signs a bit more of a mixture as we require players who know what this league is about.

Sometimes it is not about how good a player is, it is about how well suited they are to the league.

I don't actually think Thornhill and Palsson are bad players, just maybe not suited for/interested in the SPL. Certianly think Thornhill was a bit unlucky with injuries though when he had his big chance early season he definitely never took it.

I would give CC Akpo Sodje as he did ok second half of last season. Feel he has not been given a fair chance this season and I don't know why.

Am I the only one who doesn't see the fuss over Osbourne? I don't think he is terrible but does seem over-rated by the support.

PatHead
13-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Strangest one of the lot was Vaz Te. Rank rotten with us, no-one sad to see him go yet he is now scoring goals for fun at Barnsley.

The Sea-gull
13-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Strangest one of the lot was Vaz Te. Rank rotten with us, no-one sad to see him go yet he is now scoring goals for fun at Barnsley.

I had a feeling he wasn't rank-rotten. He just looked uninterested.

Again, some players just don't fancy the SPL and it is all about signing players suited to the club and the league. That's what makes or breaks a manager at our level.

stokesmessiah
13-01-2012, 03:48 PM
CC's signing "strategy" failed through a combination of bad luck and bad judgement.

He clearly thought he could bring up players from England and mould them into a side up here but it just goes to show that it doesn't always work and I think he would have been better to sign a couple of players already plying their trade in the SPL to compliment the "stars" from England. Hope PF signs a bit more of a mixture as we require players who know what this league is about.

Sometimes it is not about how good a player is, it is about how well suited they are to the league.

I don't actually think Thornhill and Palsson are bad players, just maybe not suited for/interested in the SPL. Certianly think Thornhill was a bit unlucky with injuries though when he had his big chance early season he definitely never took it.

I would give CC Akpo Sodje as he did ok second half of last season. Feel he has not been given a fair chance this season and I don't know why.

Am I the only one who doesn't see the fuss over Osbourne? I don't think he is terrible but does seem over-rated by the support.

Its all a matter of opinions i guess.

For me Osbourne is someone we should be building a team around, he looks comfortable on the ball, very rarely mis-places a pass and i think there is a brilliant player in there. I am not convinced he has settled yet in the SPL and i think there is a lot more to come from him, will be interesting to see how PF plays him!

keep the faith
13-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Its Grounhog day again same old moves by RP Next AGM Groundhog day

[/B]

What's your view on Petrie Nortonhibby??

I can never tell....

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2012, 04:22 PM
We the fans and the club, were really unlucky calderclown managed to hoodwink his way into the managers job at Hibs. :bitchy:

poolman
13-01-2012, 04:35 PM

Useless twat.

An eye for a player :rolleyes:

As much as Blind Pew

http://i41.tinypic.com/2nq0rt.jpg

Hibee87
13-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Its all a matter of opinions i guess.

For me Osbourne is someone we should be building a team around, he looks comfortable on the ball, very rarely mis-places a pass and i think there is a brilliant player in there. I am not convinced he has settled yet in the SPL and i think there is a lot more to come from him, will be interesting to see how PF plays him!

:agree: ozzy is by far the best MF at the club as you say, rarley misplaces a pass, always looks to play it along the deck and get it forward without just hoofing it. plays with his head up and can win in the air. also he can beat a man in the centre of the park without panicking and just turning back no coincidence that since he has been out we have had a terrible run and a non exsistant midfield with no link up to the forwards. if he is back on sat (whcih i beleive he is) he will be the difference. and I am really looking forward to seeing him link up with doyle and griffiths

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 05:14 PM
I told all you muppets that gave him credence that he was clueless...Quite amusing listening to you all now.

:faf::faf::faf:

You were right all along......Well done:greengrin

3pm
13-01-2012, 06:54 PM
I told all you muppets that gave him credence that he was clueless...Quite amusing listening to you all now.

And when did you enlighten us with this?! Also, as you are an immaculate judge of ability, can you tell us all how Fenlon will get on?