PDA

View Full Version : Official - Thornhill leaves also

JimBHibees
12-01-2012, 04:36 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120112/thornhill-exits-hibernian_2262950_2575081

The exodus continues. Hope we can bring another in before Saturday's game.

Broken Gnome
12-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Realistically, how much would Palsson and Thornhill's wage combine to? At least 3k a week?

PaulSmith
12-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Realistically, how much would Palsson and Thornhill's wage combine to? At least 3k a week?

Will that wage be replaced by another gamble on 2 players on £1k a week or will we see a quality signing that will inspire, motivate and hopefully stop us from going down?

PeterboroHibee
Shame it never worked out but he was absolutely rank in competitive games.

Aldo
Will that wage be replaced by another gamble on 2 players on £1k a week or will we see a quality signing that will inspire, motivate and hopefully stop us from going down?

Enough to bring in Brennan and Twigg? Or 1 half decent CH??

Peevemor
12-01-2012, 04:48 PM

That depends how the manager wants to spend it.

PaulSmith
12-01-2012, 04:49 PM
That depends how the manager wants to spend it.

And gets the Boards approval surely?

The_Todd
12-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Given how much dead weight we're shifting I'm hopeful Pat has a quality not quantity approach - direct opposite of CC.

Broken Gnome
12-01-2012, 04:51 PM

The latter hopefully. If they want to come to Hibs that is.

Pretty Boy
12-01-2012, 04:52 PM
From what I remember of Thornhill at Forest he should have been a good signing.

But he wasn't. He was just totally unable to influence games and never seemed to want it enough.

Another one I'm far from sad to see leave.

PaulSmith
12-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Given how much dead weight we're shifting I'm hopeful Pat has a quality not quantity approach - direct opposite of CC.

Nope, CC is quoted as saying several times that he wanted quality over quantity and wanted to work with a smaller squad. Wonder what went wrong there?

Diclonius
12-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Thank god. Only player that's actually made me punch an advertising board (after he missed a sitter at the PBS).

Peevemor
12-01-2012, 05:02 PM
And gets the Boards approval surely?

The board are already backing Fenlon by paying these players off - thus they're already investing in his "vision".

Like our previous managers, PF will have an idea of the budget he has for players (and will have had before he took the job). Hopefully he'll put it to better use.

AlbertK86
12-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Enough to bring in Brennan and Twigg? Or 1 half decent CH??

Just watched YouTube footage of Brennan on bounce and boy he can take a free kick.

Him and a CH hopefully

Andy74
12-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Some good, and expensive, work being done here. It's not easy to get rid of players and making this happen is just as important as signing people.

Its obvious he views just having these guys around an issue for the team.

Peevemor
12-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Some good, and expensive, work being done here. It's not easy to get rid of players and making this happen is just as important as signing people.

Its obvious he views just having these guys around an issue for the team.

:agree:

Winston Ingram
12-01-2012, 05:47 PM
From what I remember of Thornhill at Forest he should have been a good signing.

But he wasn't. He was just totally unable to influence games and never seemed to want it enough.

Another one I'm far from sad to see leave.

Agree with this. I thought technically when he had the ball (which was hardly ever) he looked decent but he just had this total inability to get involved in a game

Billy Whizz
12-01-2012, 06:12 PM
He's only made 15 appearances in almost 12 months due to injury. I think he was injured before he arrived as well. Possibly only been available for 1 out of 3 games!

Dashing Bob S
12-01-2012, 06:18 PM
His on-going joust with Paul Hart for that prime slot on the treatment table was the most compelling thing about him. Thornhill was a bit like the manager who signed him, only vaguely interested in association football in general and the club that paid his wages in particular. Well done to Nutsy for getting rid.

mjhibby
12-01-2012, 06:19 PM
The board are already backing Fenlon by paying these players off - thus they're already investing in his "vision".

Like our previous managers, PF will have an idea of the budget he has for players (and will have had before he took the job). Hopefully he'll put it to better use.

I dont think we have paid teh players off as both thronhill and palsson have had their contracts terminated by mutual consent,preumably so they can get other clubs in january.So that does seem to me that the players have gone and we havent paid them meaning fenlon has more room to manouvre in bringing players in.

BEEJ
12-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Not entirely true. We did start this season with the smallest squad we've had in many a year.

So he got the 'quantity' bit right. :wink:

Nope, CC is quoted as saying several times that he wanted quality over quantity and wanted to work with a smaller squad. Wonder what went wrong there?
:agree:

It seems to me that under CC players arrived at ER and quickly adopted that kind of laid back, emotionally detached approach to the club that CC himself had as Manager. The guy at the top often sets the culture, style and standards for the rest.

It's not that these players were insufficiently skilled to contribute to the club's progress; more to do with the fact that they couldn't really be bothered.

I'm not sure of the financial implications for us of a contract "cancelled by mutual consent" - but Thornhill still had 18 months to run on his contract. If he's not got another club to move to immediately, that one might have been pricey. :cb

HibeeSince85
12-01-2012, 06:24 PM
I dont think we have paid teh players off as both thronhill and palsson have had their contracts terminated by mutual consent,preumably so they can get other clubs in january.So that does seem to me that the players have gone and we havent paid them meaning fenlon has more room to manouvre in bringing players in.

Mutual Consent means you pay me so much and I'll go.

Peevemor
12-01-2012, 06:43 PM

So if your boss offered to let you go, without redundancy or any sort of pay off, you would accept that because you might get a job elsewhere in the next 2-3 weeks?

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 08:44 PM

Both contracts terminated, does that mean we have had to buy them out?

Hibernia Na Eir
12-01-2012, 08:45 PM
thornhill, yet another player never to be remembered by hibernians in years to come....

Cropley10
13-01-2012, 11:58 AM
His on-going joust with Paul Hart for that prime slot on the treatment table was the most compelling thing about him. Thornhill was a bit like the manager who signed him, only vaguely interested in association football in general and the club that paid his wages in particular. Well done to Nutsy for getting rid.

So true.

Jones28
13-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Both contracts terminated, does that mean we have had to buy them out?

So-so, offer them so much to leave, 2-3 months wages perhaps? £10-15K maybe. They'll easy find a club down south

Judas Iscariot
13-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Good, he was ****ing awful...

A cross between Brain Kerr and Ross Chisolm :rolleyes:

poolman
13-01-2012, 02:34 PM
thornhill, yet another player never to be remembered by hibernians in years to come....

Who? :wink: