PDA

View Full Version : Francomb on loan Official

Darth Hibbie
12-01-2012, 12:16 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120112/francomb-joins-on-loan_2262950_2574319

Signed up until the end of the season

PaulSmith
12-01-2012, 12:20 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120112/francomb-joins-on-loan_2262950_2574319

Good, a RB in.

How many loans can you have at any one time BTW and has Towell rejoined Celtic?

Mikey
12-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Good stuff.

--------
12-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Good stuff.

:agree: Excellent.

Gatecrasher
12-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Good News :thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
12-01-2012, 12:24 PM
"I played with David Stephens at Norwich and he's told me all about the club's fanbase.....
Yet he still signed?!!! :aok:

Right back has obviously been a bit of a duff position for us, hope he does well as he's got to be a better option than Hart or an out-of-position Hanlon.

Welcome to the club George :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
12-01-2012, 12:25 PM

"Spoke to David Stephens and he told me all about the Club's fanbase."

And he still decided to come :wink:

Welcome George - I hope your time at Hibs will prove to be successful.

Craig_in_Prague
12-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Good good, no more Hart at RB.

There's only so much people can stomach!

Springbank
12-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Our fullbacks have given away a lot of penalties lately. 'dont dive in' etc. Bet this guy will show how to jockey the winger.

Pretty Boy
12-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Excellent.

Signing number 2/3 in and only 12 days in.

3 more in the next couple of weeks would go.down a treat.

GreenCastle
12-01-2012, 12:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlbrESt78Bs

Wearing number 5 and captain of the reserve team here against Chelsea from November - ..freekick not bad attempt.

Chelsea do have a pretty strong reserve team and made Norwich look very average here.

Hibbyradge
12-01-2012, 12:30 PM
"You can't help but be impressed by the training ground."

Craig_in_Prague
12-01-2012, 12:32 PM
"You can't help but be impressed by the training ground."

He's obviously doing that interview with Petrie standing behind him with something sharp in his back :greengrin

number9dream
12-01-2012, 12:32 PM
I thought you could only have two players on loan and we already have Griffiths and Towell.
Maybe got my wires crossed somewhere...

Come to think of it, I'm sure Rangers had Weiss, Bartley, Diouf and maybe one other on loan last season. Panic over.

IWasThere2016
12-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Good good, no more Hart at RB.There's only so much people can stomach!

:thumbsup: PF describes him as a natural RB :thumbsup:

Our fullbacks have given away a lot of penalties lately. 'dont dive in' etc. Bet this guy will show how to jockey the winger.

:taxi

:wink: :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
12-01-2012, 12:43 PM
As one with a particular interest in this, can anyone tell me what Georges we have had at the club?

Best and McCluskey spring to mind, so Francomb is in good company. Any duffers that I have, gladly, forgotten about?

Hibs Class
12-01-2012, 12:46 PM
As one with a particular interest in this, can anyone tell me what Georges we have had at the club?

Best and McCluskey spring to mind, so Francomb is in good company. Any duffers that I have, gladly, forgotten about?

George Stewart back in the 70s. Was a decent player.

Peevemor
12-01-2012, 12:47 PM

George McNeill.

Darth Hibbie
12-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Good, a RB in.

How many loans can you have at any one time BTW and has Towell rejoined Celtic?

From what I can tell you are allowed from from in Scotland but only 1 is allowed to be over 21. If there are from outside Scotland I do not think there are any limits :dunno:

That was from a quick look around I may be totally wrong though.

CropleyWasGod
12-01-2012, 12:48 PM
George Stewart back in the 70s. Was a decent player.

:doh:

Springbank
12-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Thanks tqm for my first ever taxi! I'd meant to add good luck to GF and welcome to Edinburgh

CropleyWasGod
12-01-2012, 12:49 PM
George McNeill.

IWasThere2016
12-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks tqm for my first ever taxi! I'd meant to add good luck to GF and welcome to Edinburgh

Keep the 'jokes' coming and the taxis will follow :thumbsup:

DanHFC1875
12-01-2012, 01:02 PM
2 down, 9 to go.

HFC07
12-01-2012, 01:09 PM
great stuff, Welcome GF :flag::flag:

:thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
12-01-2012, 01:18 PM

:confused: I liked him. Faster than Sproule and O'Brien together on a motor bike!!! :greengrin

Peevemor
12-01-2012, 01:20 PM
:confused: I liked him. Faster than Sproule and O'Brien together on a motor bike!!! :greengrin

I think the :doh: smiley is CropleyWasGod saying that he should have thought of them himslef.

machibby
12-01-2012, 01:20 PM
'Make or break time for him at Norwich City now. I've always been impressed, from when he made his debut as a kid in League 1 but the Premier League is a massive step up for anybody, let alone a youngster. Seems a bit harsh on Francomb, Dawkin, Adeyemi who were fringe first team players & even Korey Smith but thats football & progress.

By all accounts he did well with Barnet in League 2 last season, the SPL is a step up from that, although still a mile away from where we are. If he can impress & improve himself as a player he may have a future here.'

from NC pink'un forum. Also a mention this is part of a deal for Osbourne to go the other way, I imagine/hope that' bull.

Hainan Hibs
12-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Already making thing right noises by mentioning the training ground.

It's became a requirement up there with Celtic's "I've always supported Celtic" line for new recruits:greengrin

Welcome aboard and good luck:thumbsup:

nickwhibs
12-01-2012, 01:26 PM
According to my Norwich supporting mate, he's a 'really good young player'. Sounds promising, although may be unlikely to keep hold of him if he is that highly rated by Norwich.

Lucius Apuleius
12-01-2012, 01:31 PM
I think the :doh: smiley is CropleyWasGod saying that he should have thought of them himslef.

Could be Peeve, I have always though of Homer as being the Duh smiley aimed at the previous post. Not a problem either way. As I said I really liked him, maybe something to do with his Bino connections but damn he was fast.

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 01:31 PM

Most of them frequent George Street, does that count?:greengrin

Peevemor
12-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Could be Peeve, I have always though of Homer as being the Duh smiley aimed at the previous post. Not a problem either way. As I said I really liked him, maybe something to do with his Bino connections but damn he was fast.

I never seen him play - it's from his after dinner speaking stuff that I know him.

NOLA
12-01-2012, 01:40 PM
more to the point does he have any horse tips?

Lucius Apuleius
12-01-2012, 01:46 PM
I never seen him play - it's from his after dinner speaking stuff that I know him.

Never knew he did that Peeve. Any good? Does he still hold the New Years Day sprint record?

Spike Mandela
12-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Another signing of a young inexperienced defender in the mould of Jonathon Grounds, Torben Jonleit and Richie Towell. Hope he does well but are we not just as well to give our own young full backs a chance to gain experience and develop?

monktonharp
12-01-2012, 02:01 PM
:thumbsup: PF describes him as a natural RB :thumbsup:

:taxi

:wink: :greengrin

did not actually say he was going to play him at RB though, did he? and , he's 20 years auld with experience with Barnet, so very inspiring

The Hurricane
12-01-2012, 02:07 PM
did not actually say he was going to play him at RB though, did he? and , he's 20 years auld with experience with Barnet, so very inspiring

Looks like Saturday could be our youngest back 4 ever Gf Ds PH CB

Spike Mandela
12-01-2012, 02:10 PM

Not necessarily the phrase you want to hear going in to a relegation dogfight:worried:

Ach youngsters have no fear!:flag:

Andy74
12-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Another signing of a young inexperienced defender in the mould of Jonathon Grounds, Torben Jonleit and Richie Towell. Hope he does well but are we not just as well to give our own young full backs a chance to gain experience and develop?

We don't seem to have any of our own ready and good enough in that position. Booth has had a fair chance on the left but the young guys need to come in and out.

You could add David Murphy to the list above and this guy appears to be on the fringes of a Premiership team.

20 is probably younger than I thought we might go for but hopefully we can get a bit more leadership elsewhere in the team.

If PF signed him he is bound to have a decent attitude which is half the battle.

Was it Mowbray that said he'd rather have talent than experience as many experienced players just have a long experience of being average?

squire
12-01-2012, 02:11 PM
According to my Norwich supporting mate, he's a 'really good young player'. Sounds promising, although may be unlikely to keep hold of him if he is that highly rated by Norwich.

It does sound promising but if he's only here till June and helps keep us up then I'm happy with that. If Francomb doesn't stay then Paddy will have time to build some long term foundations after that

Peevemor
12-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Never knew he did that Peeve. Any good? Does he still hold the New Years Day sprint record?

He was pretty good IIRC (although it's years since I heard him). I think his record for the sprint stands.

Hibby cal
12-01-2012, 02:40 PM
At last a natural RB
Welcome to hibs dode
:pfgwa

The Falcon
12-01-2012, 02:44 PM
From what I can tell you are allowed from from in Scotland but only 1 is allowed to be over 21. If there are from outside Scotland I do not think there are any limits :dunno:

That was from a quick look around I may be totally wrong though.

Think it's five.

cam75
12-01-2012, 03:16 PM
How many did hearts have on loan from kaunas?just a thought.

greenlex
12-01-2012, 03:20 PM
I hope his middle name isn't Thomas.:greengrin

Walter
12-01-2012, 03:24 PM
I hope his middle name isn't Thomas.:greengrin

:top marks
this crossed my mind also

:pfgwa

Brooster
12-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Right back is a weak spot in the u19 team as well spike. Nobody anywhere near being promoted.

Captain Trips
12-01-2012, 08:19 PM
I cannot believe that we are in a bad place just now and we sign a rather inexperienced young player on a loan, if he has the papers we should be signing him up proper, now is not the time for this type of player.

The loans IMO have to be players whom are experienced and guys we probably cannot afford to keep, Francomb is a signing you make when team is settled playing well and you are looking to improve, yeah I havent seen him but I do not see any reason to think thank god we signed this guy.

We judge players whom have good pedigree and record that we sign based on their past, of course we sign players whom have no experience and do well but not at this juncture for me.

I hope I am wrong and he is a good player ready to slot in and perform right away.

thekaratekid
12-01-2012, 08:40 PM
I think the person who will be most delighted about this news will be Wotherspoon.

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 08:58 PM
I cannot believe that we are in a bad place just now and we sign a rather inexperienced young player on a loan, if he has the papers we should be signing him up proper, now is not the time for this type of player.

The loans IMO have to be players whom are experienced and guys we probably cannot afford to keep, Francomb is a signing you make when team is settled playing well and you are looking to improve, yeah I havent seen him but I do not see any reason to think thank god we signed this guy.

We judge players whom have good pedigree and record that we sign based on their past, of course we sign players whom have no experience and do well but not at this juncture for me.

I hope I am wrong and he is a good player ready to slot in and perform right away.

Tend to agree Carlsberg, the time is for adding genuine and experienced quality. Francomb is clearly a quick fix, although I hope he performs well at right back to help us out of the mire.......

bingo70
12-01-2012, 09:04 PM
I'd rather have a good player than an experienced player, obviously I'd rather have both but with our budget and at this time of the year if we had to pick one attribute I know what I'd prefer.

Michael hart has loads of experience and that's no done us much good

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 09:08 PM
I'd rather have a good player than an experienced player, obviously I'd rather have both but with our budget and at this time of the year if we had to pick one attribute I know what I'd prefer.

Thats a pertinent point Bingo, cringe when I see Hart playing.....

bingo70
12-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Thats a pertinent point Bingo, cringe when I see Hart playing.....

He's just really really pish eh?! I try and stick up for players and look for positives in players that are getting stick but with him I just cannae, he's up there with o'brien in the pishness stakes.

Francomb is bound to be better than him so this is a positive move.

Captain Trips
12-01-2012, 09:14 PM

Indeed we have signed lots of players with good history whom have failed, we have signed some with no history like Francomb who have done well. However we have signed players with good history whom have done well and ones with no history whom have failed. IMO it is time to stick to experience and bring that type of player in.

Jonnyboy
12-01-2012, 09:19 PM

George Smith c1885 played in our 1887 Scottish Cup winning side :greengrin

down-the-slope
12-01-2012, 09:25 PM
He's a great pro, one of the low-maintenance players - you don't have to tell him twice.
He's technically good and he'll certainly go and join in.
He looks after himself and hopefully this deal will be beneficial for Hibs and Norwich.
Norwich manager Paul Lambert on George Francomb

This is a great recommendation.......

Irish_Steve
12-01-2012, 09:26 PM
If he makes a couple of mistakes, the boo boys will have him as Franbombscare..... I`ll get me coat

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 09:26 PM
He's just really really pish eh?! I try and stick up for players and look for positives in players that are getting stick but with him I just cannae, he's up there with o'brien in the pishness stakes.

Francomb is bound to be better than him so this is a positive move.

Indeed.......:greengrin

mca
12-01-2012, 09:27 PM
I Seriously Hope Your Dont Read The Forums - but - if you are = Welcome to world of HIBS.... Franco mb

:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 09:27 PM
He's a great pro, one of the low-maintenance players - you don't have to tell him twice.
He's technically good and he'll certainly go and join in.
He looks after himself and hopefully this deal will be beneficial for Hibs and Norwich.
Norwich manager Paul Lambert on George Francomb

This is a great recommendation.......

Agree coming from Lambert that is very very encouraging..........

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-01-2012, 09:28 PM
He was pretty good IIRC (although it's years since I heard him). I think his record for the sprint stands.

Was it George that ran the gym at the Royal Scot club?

Captain Trips
12-01-2012, 09:30 PM
I Seriously Hope Your Dont Read The Forums - but - if you are = Welcome to world of HIBS.... Franco mb

Why do you hope he doesnt? Miss out on the vast majority whom appear to welcome him, that will make him feel good and as for likes of me he has every opportunity to GIRUY to me with his play on park, win win for the guy.

monktonharp
12-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Tend to agree Carlsberg, the time is for adding genuine and experienced quality. Francomb is clearly a quick fix, although I hope he performs well at right back to help us out of the mire.......:agree: especially in a key position that's been a thorn in our side for an age.however, i've heard that Fenlon spoke highly of him, also his own manager said good things about him,good for Hibs /good for Norwich/good for the lad blah blah so we now have to hope he can stand pressure,because it will be on.

monktonharp
12-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Agree coming from Lambert that is very very encouraging.......... missed your comments Brockie. took me a while to use this new laptop thingy!

Captain Trips
12-01-2012, 09:56 PM
:agree: especially in a key position that's been a thorn in our side for an age.however, i've heard that Fenlon spoke highly of him, also his own manager said good things about him,good for Hibs /good for Norwich/good for the lad blah blah so we now have to hope he can stand pressure,because it will be on.

I am sure if we look back into every signing we make there will be same stuff said, pretty sure some people in the game thought CC would be good manager for us.

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 10:01 PM
missed your comments Brockie. took me a while to use this new laptop thingy!

Haha Wullie, fingers crossed Francomb can handle the pressure.....

nortonhibby
12-01-2012, 10:03 PM

Another loan deal its like Groundhog day we need INVESTMET RP Not short term deals.:flag:

I'm_cabbaged
12-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Another loan deal its like Groundhog day we need INVESTMET RP Not short term deals.:flag:

Do you ever give up?

Scouse Hibee
12-01-2012, 10:18 PM

Try before you buy!

dalkeith stu
12-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Grant Holt rates him highly then. :faf:

BigGrantHolt (https://twitter.com/#!/BigGrantHolt) Granty Holts

George Francomb has gone to Scotland. Aw thats sad but Im not gonna lie, I couldnt pick him out of a line up if my life depended on it #ncfc (https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23ncfc)

PaulSmith
12-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Do you ever give up?

He's right though.

machibby
12-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Hope the lad isn't as nervous and shaky on the pitch as he is being interviewed.

Peevemor
12-01-2012, 10:26 PM

It doesn't matter how many flag waving smilies you put after the crap that you post, you'll never convince me that your anything other than a half-wit merrick on a pathetic, attention seeking attempt at a wind up.

Sir David Gray
12-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I know absolutely nothing about this guy but he must surely be an improvement on Michael Hart. :agree:

Hope he does well.

killie-hibby
12-01-2012, 11:42 PM

Fenlon on Sportsound tonight stated the rebuilding of the team will begin at the end of this season. His immediate concern is ensuring the club are not relegated. IMOP the current circumstances are OK for short term contracts/loans.
By the way, what is INVESTMET?

Captain Trips
12-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Fenlon on Sportsound tonight stated the rebuilding of the team will begin at the end of this season. His immediate concern is ensuring the club are not relegated. IMOP the current circumstances are OK for short term contracts/loans.
By the way, what is INVESTMET?

How does signing short term deals ensure that anymore than starting to rebuild now? I hope PF fully understood what was going on here and how bad things are, his rebuilding starts now and he should be looking at players for long term to come in asap, he may well be time will tell.

IMO the loans or one we have already does not scream saviour at me. I hope we have a bit more in locker than 4-6mth loan deals for players not getting games at clubs they are at.

Scouse Hibee
13-01-2012, 12:04 AM
How does signing short term deals ensure that anymore than starting to rebuild now? I hope PF fully understood what was going on here and how bad things are, his rebuilding starts now and he should be looking at players for long term to come in asap, he may well be time will tell.

IMO the loans or one we have already does not scream saviour at me. I hope we have a bit more in locker than 4-6mth loan deals for players not getting games at clubs they are at.

No if he says it doesn't then it doesn't!

Let's have some faith in the manager and let him tackle this club as he sees fit, not how we experts think it should be done. I can't believe the negativity at every twist and turn of Fenlons actions by some on here.

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 12:11 AM
No if he says it doesn't then it doesn't!

Let's have some faith in the manager and let him tackle this club as he sees fit, not how we experts think it should be done. I can't believe the negativity at every twist and turn of Fenlons actions by some on here.

I happen to think it is wrong approach, you and he think right. I disagree with some of the things he has done and agreed with some. I would say and have said time will tell, I fear we do not have a lot of time to make sure things are done correctly.

Sir David Gray
13-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Normally I would be completely against loan deals but the aim for the next five months should just be to stay in the SPL and if that involves bringing in a few quick fixes to help achieve this then so be it.

Hibs cannot be relegated and we need to stay up by any means possible.

I'll repeat what I've said already, he needs two years to completely rebuild the club and should not be judged by what he does in this current transfer window.

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Normally I would be completely against loan deals but the aim for the next five months should just be to stay in the SPL and if that involves bringing in a few quick fixes to help achieve this then so be it.

Hibs cannot be relegated and we need to stay up by any means possible.

I'll repeat what I've said already, he needs two years to completely rebuild the club and should not be judged by what he does in this current transfer window.

Yes he needs time but we need to see progress on that journey, granted at the moment you cannot expect much in a month or so but the one player he has signed that he probably had eye on as soon as took job was Doyle whom if we go with your 2yrs likely will not be here and is free to talk to clubs in 12mths. It is not an easy job for PF.

PF certainly be judged in this window, CC got months and months of it is not his players etc etc no matter if the player is signed for 6mths or 6yrs it gives us an idea on his ability. A good signing is a good signing as is a bad signing is a bad signing no matter contract length. If PF gets it right now then that looks good for future and I bet he would be judged if all went well and rightly so, if gets it wrong in next 2 weeks he will be judged.

Mixu62
13-01-2012, 12:20 AM
How many did hearts have on loan from kaunas?just a thought.

But they didn't count cos they were loaning them to themselves.

Peevemor
13-01-2012, 12:20 AM
I happen to think it is wrong approach, you and he think right. I disagree with some of the things he has done and agreed with some. I would say and have said time will tell, I fear we do not have a lot of time to make sure things are done correctly.

I think you're choosing to ignore the fact that there's not a huge amount of decent business to be done in the January window.

Scouse Hibee
13-01-2012, 12:21 AM

Lets agree PF has only one target this season and that is to ensure Hibs remain in the SPL.

I am content to judge him on achieving that target or not as the case may be and if he wants to approach that with a quick fix temporary repair then why not, as you say he doesn't have time on his side. I just don't get the negatvity and criticism towards his approach, if he fails then fair enough but give him the benefit of the doubt until that time.

Sir David Gray
13-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Yes he needs time but we need to see progress on that journey, granted at the moment you cannot expect much in a month or so but the one player he has signed that he probably had eye on as soon as took job was Doyle whom if we go with your 2yrs likely will not be here and is free to talk to clubs in 12mths. It is not an easy job for PF.

PF certainly be judged in this window, CC got months and months of it is not his players etc etc no matter if the player is signed for 6mths or 6yrs it gives us an idea on his ability. A good signing is a good signing as is a bad signing is a bad signing no matter contract length. If PF gets it right now then that looks good for future and I bet he would be judged if all went well and rightly so, if gets it wrong in next 2 weeks he will be judged.

I agree that we need to see some signs of progress and if we do end up getting relegated this season and by this time next year we're sitting bottom of the first division then we may need to look at things and I may need to admit that my two year plan has gone out the window.

However, I really don't expect to see Hibs anywhere near where we should be (i.e. looking to finish in the top four of the SPL and getting to the latter stages of the cup competitions) until he's had around two years to change things around. I'd be delighted if he manages to prove me wrong and we see some dramatic transformation over the coming months, however I think we would need to see some miracles of biblical proportions for that to happen.

We need practically a complete overhaul of the playing staff because, to be blunt, the players that we have been putting out on the pitch for the last couple of years have generally been absolutely murder and not even close to being good enough to represent Hibernian FC.

Unfortunately the kind of root-and-branch surgery that is required at Easter Road takes time to achieve and will not happen overnight.

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 12:47 AM
I think you're choosing to ignore the fact that there's not a huge amount of decent business to be done in the January window.

I am not ignoring any facts, if we are going for loans I am underwhelmed with this one.

Peevemor
13-01-2012, 12:52 AM
I am not ignoring any facts, if we are going for loans I am underwhelmed with this one.

Before you've seen the guy kick a ball? There's nothing like an open mind ...

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Before you've seen the guy kick a ball? There's nothing like an open mind ...

So you have never once commented on a player before you have seen him, not once? regardless if you thought player would be good or bad? would you say the same if I had said I think he will be excellent? that is as closed minded then is it not? which I assume you think I a am being.

What I will say is if I had to choose between him or the other guy whom maybe a target McPake I would sign Francomb and thats without seeing either kick a ball.

Peevemor
13-01-2012, 01:02 AM
So you have never once commented on a player before you have seen him, not once? regardless if you thought player would be good or bad? would you say the same if I had said I think he will be excellent? that is as closed minded then is it not? which I assume you think I a am being.

What I will say is if I had to choose between him or the other guy whom maybe a target McPake I would sign Francomb and thats without seeing either kick a ball.

But you were never going to say that were you? We don't have to read your posts these days to know that they're going to be negative.

It's getting boring.

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 01:08 AM
But you were never going to say that were you? We don't have to read your posts these days to know that they're going to be negative.

It's getting boring.

Not answered my question so sorry you are bored, would you have that reaction to anyone who says he will be excellent? That they are not being open minded?

Negative wanting to see the team build? Negative not wanting us to sign players for short term half the reason we are in this mess? Negative for wanting PF to build his own team for the long term?

thats what I have always been saying, I think my response to signing a player on loan whom has just finished a loan with Barnet has at least some justifcation for concern as a pose to excitment.

Peevemor
13-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Not answered my question so sorry you are bored, would you have that reaction to anyone who says he will be excellent? That they are not being open minded?

Negative wanting to see the team build? Negative not wanting us to sign players for short term half the reason we are in this mess? Negative for wanting PF to build his own team for the long term?

thats what I have always been saying, I think my response to signing a player on loan whom has just finished a loan with Barnet has at least some justifcation for concern as a pose to excitment.

I wasn't replying to "anyone", I was replying to you and yes, I find your blinkered negativity boring in the extreme.

Out of interest, why do you say it's short term signings/loan deals that have got us into this mess? What players are you thinking of?

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 01:38 AM
I wasn't replying to "anyone", I was replying to you and yes, I find your blinkered negativity boring in the extreme.

Out of interest, why do you say it's short term signings/loan deals that have got us into this mess? What players are you thinking of?

Firstly Garry O, said good signing at time in several threads and accepted 1yr was best.
Leigh Griffiths I think is good was happy he extended and wanted us to sign permanetly.
Doyle think (without seeing him kick a ball) that will be good and wished it was for longer.

So if we are looking at facts I have been far from negative on our recent signings, again then why is it ok to be blinkered saying player will be great? thats fine to say Doyle will be good without seeing him play?

I have strong views on certain things at club and reply to those but seeing as you have already made up your opinion of my negativity you must have missed all the positives I have said about many of our players.

Onto the short deals, firstly what is a short term deal, for me 18mths or less, I think

D.Duffy
Trakys
A.Gow
J.Grounds
Agogo
Vaz Te
Towell

Those are ones IMO that I can think of just now that didnt do a lot, of the Sodjes, Griffiths etc even though might do better than above constantly changing players in key areas each window has killed us no matter how good or bad. The squad churn is way ott.

If you think I am negative fine, the club finished 10th las term, and at this moment in time is still struggling so yeah certain things at club must be wrong so I think some negativity is justified, I do not even think negativity is right word tbh, I just have an opinion that things are wrong.

I think I have every reason to be concerened about signing a 20yr old defender on Loan whom only has really experienced first team action at Barnet this season coming into a rather dreadful defence that needs work, I am of opinion it requires an older head but this is my opinion and if you think negative fine I think it is a justified concern, same for McPake maybe more so whom has played 2 matches this season though his signing is conjecture.

EasterRoad4Ever
13-01-2012, 05:29 AM

:agree: While January is a transfer window, reality is that few decent players are allowed to move at this time without a chunk of money - s/t loans are the norm. At this stage, I'm sure PF expected to be planning for the long haul but finds himself in charge of a club that's in crisis. There is no future for him if we go down. So, yet again, we're in "transition". Get through the next 6 months and then try to rotate the squad in the summer. Been like this since 2007.

brydekirk
13-01-2012, 08:32 AM
I think fenlon's doing well, he is trying to bring in quality, but some of his choices are reluctant to come in due to our position.

stanton10
13-01-2012, 08:51 AM
i think fenlon's doing well, he is trying to bring in quality, but some of his choices are reluctant to come in due to our position.

quality

Kato
13-01-2012, 09:11 AM

Fenlon has seen both. Why not trust the manager?

The only "long term" Hibs have at the moment is to stay up this season. That is the one and only thing he should be concentrating on. WOrry about the longer "long term" once that has been achieved.

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Firstly Garry O, said good signing at time in several threads and accepted 1yr was best.
Leigh Griffiths I think is good was happy he extended and wanted us to sign permanetly.
Doyle think (without seeing him kick a ball) that will be good and wished it was for longer.

So if we are looking at facts I have been far from negative on our recent signings, again then why is it ok to be blinkered saying player will be great? thats fine to say Doyle will be good without seeing him play?

I have strong views on certain things at club and reply to those but seeing as you have already made up your opinion of my negativity you must have missed all the positives I have said about many of our players.

Onto the short deals, firstly what is a short term deal, for me 18mths or less, I think

I disagree I dont think 18 months is a short term deal in the current financial climate and football these days.I think the days of signing guys for 3,4,5 year contracts at our level are gone unless they are an exeption and not the standard run of the mill kind of player we and every other team like us would be in for.

Persevere80
13-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Welcome to the hibs Francomb, got a wee job on your hands but it will bring you the experince you need and you are playing in a position we have been crying out for, maybe a bright future for us all.

basehibby
13-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Welcome to the hibs Francomb, got a wee job on your hands but it will bring you the experince you need and you are playing in a position we have been crying out for, maybe a bright future for us all.

:agree: :thumbsup: At last a proper right back!

Mind you we've already got one although milk has been known to turn quicker - surely as a young lad "Franckie" will not have this problem?!?

timebomb
13-01-2012, 10:57 AM
this talk about a short term fix till the summer has got me thinking.

What if (and I don't think it will as Dunfermline are honking) Hibs do get relegated - do you think Fenlon will get kept on?

if not, would it partially explain the 6 month loan deals as they wouldn't want to end up in the same position as under Calderwood with a new manager coming in and having to clear the dead wood that he doesn't fancy.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 11:22 AM

What if (and I don't think it will as Dunfermline are honking) Hibs do get relegated - do you think Fenlon will get kept on?

if not, would it partially explain the 6 month loan deals as they wouldn't want to end up in the same position as under Calderwood with a new manager coming in and having to clear the dead wood that he doesn't fancy.

I think PF would be kept on even if the worst happened..... He has inherited some real keek, and given time and the right signings, think he will turn out to be a good appointment..........

poolman
13-01-2012, 11:59 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Es-RIBnba8

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 12:00 PM
I disagree I dont think 18 months is a short term deal in the current financial climate and football these days.I think the days of signing guys for 3,4,5 year contracts at our level are gone unless they are an exeption and not the standard run of the mill kind of player we and every other team like us would be in for.

They are not gone at all, I posted in another thread that the Dundee Utd team that beat us only had Robbie Neilson on a short contract any other players whom had a contract ending had already given 2+years service and some had that ahead of them.

The sort of players we can afford are not high earners so why would they only want 6,12 or even 18mth deals surely if a 3yr deal was on table they would be interested. I think we have had problems sourcing quality or there has been a reluctance on our side to commit longer deals, does manager not believe in his signings or board believe in managers

I cannot believe that all the players that we have been looking at only want short deals, I think the problems lie with the scouting network just all seems lazy to me.

Incidently said club have signed Gardyne on a 3yr deal and have bid for a Dougie Imrie so I will assume Imrie will be offered a contract of longer than 1yr if a fee is being paid, players are out there we need to do a lot more to find them.

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 12:28 PM
What actually has Francomb been doing this season? I assumed was playing for Barnet as had 16 apperances but those seem to be last season, he has been in reserves and is Capt so that is a plus however the reserve team appear to have not played a match in the reserve league since mid November.

I did read article again on website and it does say last season was at Barnet I had wrongly thought he had come straight from playing competative matches in that league, I more concerned about this now in terms of game time the lad has had over recent weeks.

Sir David Gray
13-01-2012, 12:29 PM

I think Fenlon will stay on regardless of which division we're playing in next season. He'll be here at least until the AGM in October anyway. :greengrin

The state that the club is in at the moment is so bad that he absolutely must be given the time and space to turn things around.

Cropley10
13-01-2012, 12:39 PM
I think Fenlon will stay on regardless of which division we're playing in next season. He'll be here at least until the AGM in October anyway. :greengrin

The state that the club is in at the moment is so bad that he absolutely must be given the time and space to turn things around.

I think Pat would defo be the best man to get us out the SFL:aok:

1875 NO 1
13-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Fenlon has seen both. Why not trust the manager?

The only "long term" Hibs have at the moment is to stay up this season. That is the one and only thing he should be concentrating on. WOrry about the longer "long term" once that has been achieved.

You know that for fact Fenlon has seen the boy from Norwich?

I understand he hasn't and perhaps nobody has seen him play. As thier resssies havent been playing.

When fenlon came he said we need experienced pros. We sign an untried rookie. How well did Grounds and Towell do. Expeirence pros that have done a bit in the game want decent wages. Thats why we dont sign them.

We need a signing like Murdo McLeod.

Players we signed 12 mths ago are get paid to leave already for me heads have to go in the recruitment and strategy dept. Mr Lyndsay and Woody Woodpecker.

timebomb
13-01-2012, 12:46 PM

I agree, I don't know the guy at all so can't say if he's a good or bad appointment but I think the board have got to give him at least 18 months to gauge if there has been any real progresse.

You joke about your AGM - but at least you know you'll have one - I can't say the same!!

Jones28
13-01-2012, 12:54 PM
:aok: nice one

Hart offski then?

Andy74
13-01-2012, 02:48 PM
They are not gone at all, I posted in another thread that the Dundee Utd team that beat us only had Robbie Neilson on a short contract any other players whom had a contract ending had already given 2+years service and some had that ahead of them.

The sort of players we can afford are not high earners so why would they only want 6,12 or even 18mth deals surely if a 3yr deal was on table they would be interested. I think we have had problems sourcing quality or there has been a reluctance on our side to commit longer deals, does manager not believe in his signings or board believe in managers

I cannot believe that all the players that we have been looking at only want short deals, I think the problems lie with the scouting network just all seems lazy to me.

Incidently said club have signed Gardyne on a 3yr deal and have bid for a Dougie Imrie so I will assume Imrie will be offered a contract of longer than 1yr if a fee is being paid, players are out there we need to do a lot more to find them.

Then again Dundee Utd have had great siccess in getting the likes of Willo Flood and Andy Webster on loan. Probbaly a few more i can't be bothered checking out. So too have Motherwell.

Dundee Utd got 3rd and the Scottish cup and Webster was a key in that.

We've only done 3 bits of business so far.

One was not a loan or a short term deal, it was 18 months.

One was to extend what was already a short deal and due to them wanting to sell was about as long as we could get.

The other is a guy who is out of contract at the end of a year and again a short term loan with a view to something longer is as much a swe can do on that front.

We've hardly filled the team with short term loans as a policy.

Let's also see who else we bring in and for how long.

To be honest, if it was a policy and it brought us better players than we had to get us out of this mess this year then that'd be fine too!!

greenlex
13-01-2012, 05:05 PM
You know that for fact Fenlon has seen the boy from Norwich?

I understand he hasn't and perhaps nobody has seen him play. As thier resssies havent been playing.

When fenlon came he said we need experienced pros. We sign an untried rookie. How well did Grounds and Towell do. Expeirence pros that have done a bit in the game want decent wages. Thats why we dont sign them.

We need a signing like Murdo McLeod.

Players we signed 12 mths ago are get paid to leave already for me heads have to go in the recruitment and strategy dept. Mr Lyndsay and Woody Woodpecker.
The guy that recruited the players we are getting rid off has already been given the boot.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Hope the lad isn't as nervous and shaky on the pitch as he is being interviewed.

Derek Riordan was a nervous wreck in front of the camera when he was a lad. Cool as a cucumber in front of goal though :agree:

I'm sure George will be fine