PDA

View Full Version : Media Alan Rough having go at Alex Miller on Real Radio

J-C
11-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Did anyone else here Roughie having a real go at Miller saying he can get to Siberia for all he cares, seemingly treated him terribly back in the day, couldn't say on air but you could hear the hatred in his voice when he mentioned his name.

Gordy M
11-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Saw an article about Miller and his new job, im sure it said that the Russian League was changing from summer football to a 'regular' season with a winter break?? Not sure why but thought it was quite interesting considering the ongoing debate in Scotland regarding summer football.

smurf
11-01-2012, 11:51 PM
He hated Miller. Thought he was a hopeless manager. Said so in his autobiography...

Scouse Hibee
11-01-2012, 11:57 PM
He hated Miller. Thought he was a hopeless manager. Said so in his autobiography...

He's done considerably better from the game than Rough has though eh!

Viva_Palmeiras
11-01-2012, 11:58 PM

So hopeless that his Hibs team managed to beat Roughs Celtc was it not 3-1?

I know what he means -whilst I have great respect for AM in the way he conducted himself in the darkest days of the Mercer bid and getting is the Skol cup those runs againstthe Hearts are inexcusable...

fatbloke
12-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Many years ago AR had a sports shop in Musselburgh. When I ran our supporters club AR was our ticket supplier - saved us going to shop in ER all the time. On one occasion I called in and got AR to call ER for us and AM answered the phone. AR was not pleased at all at having to talk to AM. When call ended AR said he had not spoken to AM for long enough. AR said it was a long standing thing and asked me to say nowt. Have said nowt until now. Was quite funny watching AR pull faces and make gestures at phone. Never did find out what caused it but boy was AR sore about it.

Kaiser1962
12-01-2012, 07:03 AM
Roughie took a major strop when Miller signed Andy Goram.

smurf
12-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Roughie took a major strop when Miller signed Andy Goram.

He knew what was going on before Goram was signed....

Kaiser1962
12-01-2012, 07:58 AM

In what way?

sambajustice
12-01-2012, 08:14 AM

Alan Rough fowk ken whits gaun oan!

PETRIE!!! :grr::grr::grr:

Keith_M
12-01-2012, 09:12 AM
One of the first things Millar did when appointed manager was to ask Roughie how long he planned on continuing playing. He made it very clear to Roughie he didn't rate him and he was going to be replaced ASAP.

Speedway
12-01-2012, 09:40 AM

:agree: goes into a wee bit of detail as well. Really didn't like the man.

One of the first things Millar did when appointed manager was to ask Roughie how long he planned on continuing playing. He made it very clear to Roughie he didn't rate him and he was going to be replaced ASAP.

Then didn't communicate with Roughie at all as I recall.

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Saw an article about Miller and his new job, im sure it said that the Russian League was changing from summer football to a 'regular' season with a winter break?? Not sure why but thought it was quite interesting considering the ongoing debate in Scotland regarding summer football.

I have never seen Siberia as one of football's hotbeds, but it is the 3rd biggest city over there, and AM was surprised by just how big the Club was..........

Renfrew_Hibby
12-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Aye Novosibirsk is actually a great place to stay. Big city with a population of about 1.5M with not another profesional side for hundreds of miles. So massive potential there for that club in a league that is growing bigger every year. Lots of money in the russian league and will surpass the French league and maybe even Seria A soon in overall income and support.

smurf
12-01-2012, 10:39 AM
In what way?

IIRC from his book he overheard a conversation when on the treatment table in the old Easter Road stand!