PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Two players.

AJWisme
11-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Reports from Irish media that we're after Shamrock Rovers striker Gary Twigg and Bohemians winger Killian Brennan.

irishnewsreview (https://twitter.com/#%21/irishnewsreview) Glenn Dowd

Killian Brennan is a target for Hibs,now managed by his ex manager Pat Fenlon. #hibs (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23hibs) #brennan (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23brennan) #loi (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23loi) #bohs (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23bohs) #spl (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23spl) #scotland (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23scotland) #hibernian (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23hibernian) #dublin (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23dublin)

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/soccer_irish/73905/

Sorry if posted anywhere.:hnet:

Sergeant Hibs
11-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I heard we were after Twigg and posted it on Football Rumours would be a decent signing although I'd rather we signed a couple of defenders first

scott7_0(Prague)
11-01-2012, 10:39 PM
So much so for Paddy sorting out the route cause of our troubles. Unless these guys are versatile and can play defense.

Monts
11-01-2012, 10:40 PM
I heard we were after Twigg and posted it on Football Rumours would be a decent signing although I'd rather we signed a couple of defenders first

You're probably the source of the 'unconfirmed reports' then :greengrin

Andy74
11-01-2012, 10:48 PM
So much so for Paddy sorting out the route cause of our troubles. Unless these guys are versatile and can play defense.

In January you take what you can. If long term he fancies some players from Ireland their off season is the right time.

Having said that we've also been linked with two or three defenders.

We need a while new squad and I'm not fussed what order they come in.

Leithenhibby
11-01-2012, 10:52 PM
In January you take what you can. If long term he fancies some players from Ireland their off season is the right time.

Having said that we've also been linked with two or three defenders.

We need a while new squad and I'm not fussed what order they come in.

:aok: I'm with you on that. PF will know what he wants from this window, I've no doubt whats so ever.. :wink:

Joe
11-01-2012, 11:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBxDMoNcO3M

SteveHFC
11-01-2012, 11:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHbSUwIt4Zw

WestEndHibee
11-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Definitely on to a winner!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z56EODaPg4s&feature=related

stokesmessiah
11-01-2012, 11:36 PM
On paper these guys all seem like they could do a job but i really hope we are going to see some guys come in and steady things up at the back. No matter how good we are going forward with new attacking options if we cant keep things tight at the back we are not going to get out of trouble.

Is my imagination playing tricks with me but was is not that long ago we had something like the second tightest defence in the uk??

J-C
11-01-2012, 11:37 PM

We've just lost Agogo and probably Sodje, if GOC does go we're short up front, plus Sproule has been found out so far this season. This'll be about who he wants and just how soon he can get them in, I reckoned 5-6 players and that's 3 so far, seemingly a full back and CH is the next to come and the Lithuanian on trial is the midfielder.

Northernhibee
11-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Like the look of both of them.

Add a couple of defenders and job's a very good 'un. Stronger attack being supplied by a decent, creative winger and a stronger defense picking up where it goes wrong.

Liking it Nutsy :pfgwa

PatHead
11-01-2012, 11:42 PM
We've just lost Agogo and probably Sodje, if GOC does go we're short up front, plus Sproule has been found out so far this season. This'll be about who he wants and just how soon he can get them in, I reckoned 5-6 players and that's 3 so far, seemingly a full back and CH is the next to come and the Lithuanian on trial is the midfielder.

Thought the Lithuanian had been sent home according to another thread.

J-C
11-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Thought the Lithuanian had been sent home according to another thread.

I'm lost nowadays re who's here and coming etc.

SteveHFC
11-01-2012, 11:45 PM
I'm lost nowadays re who's here and coming etc.

Your getting old :greengrin

scoopyboy
11-01-2012, 11:47 PM

The Lith got sent packing after one session was my info, it would have taken a couple of months to get him up to speed.

RIP
11-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Partner for Eoin to replace Garry the Hun and Leigh the Fool

MSK
12-01-2012, 12:58 AM
Partner for Eoin to replace Garry the Hun and Leigh the Fool****ing deary me ...:rolleyes:

Twa Cairpets
12-01-2012, 01:18 AM

I wonder if you grasp the irony of this post when contrasted with your signature?

Hibby cal
12-01-2012, 03:26 AM
Just watched you tube clip about
Gary twigg and must say he looks
Like a tree-mendous prospect for us.
:pfgwa

GreenPJ
12-01-2012, 05:16 AM

For me the attacking players are our biggest problem. Whilst we might not be playing a good formation we are not holding the ball up front and so the midfield and defence are constantly under pressure. If we had attacking players who were forcing and pressuring the opposition defence and midfield we would be a lot more comfortable. Fingers crossed we get someone in soon (whatever the position).

Iain G
12-01-2012, 05:38 AM

Sure he's looking forward to setting down roots and branching out his career playing his budding football in Leaf...

Beefster
12-01-2012, 07:44 AM

You're threatening fellow Hibs supporters, who abuse the team, on another thread.

You need to check out 'hypocrisy' in the dictionary.

Dinkydoo
12-01-2012, 07:57 AM

They both look like good prospects IMO.

Branching out to the LOI, looking for new players doesn't seem such a bad idea after all :wink:

N.Wales Hibby
12-01-2012, 08:17 AM
For me the attacking players are our biggest problem. Whilst we might not be playing a good formation we are not holding the ball up front and so the midfield and defence are constantly under pressure. If we had attacking players who were forcing and pressuring the opposition defence and midfield we would be a lot more comfortable. Fingers crossed we get someone in soon (whatever the position).

Spot on. To many times when you play deep the defence is under pressure and with our defence we are asking for trouble.

bingo70
12-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Sorry for being negative before they've even signed but If they are the answer why has it taken almost 2 weeks into the window for us to go for them? Especially considering one of them is a free agent.

If they were that good we would have got them in right away like we did with Doyle but I'm guessing we got knocked back for our original targets so have gone for these guys as a stop gap, again all guess work but I think they'll probably be better than what we've got but not the answer long term

DanHFC1875
12-01-2012, 08:21 AM

We're lucky to have sparky, you're the fool.

Craig_in_Prague
12-01-2012, 08:23 AM
As some others said, I don't care what position new players play, if they are better than what we have, then it's only a good thing. And right now is the best time to sign any LOI players.

I am sure Pat is working hard to get defenders in and a midfielder or two as well, he's the 1st manager since Mowbray that I have faith in getting things right.

Judas Iscariot
12-01-2012, 08:31 AM

:faf:

What a belter :cb

Cropley10
12-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Sorry for being negative before they've even signed but If they are the answer why has it taken almost 2 weeks into the window for us to go for them? Especially considering one of them is a free agent.

If they were that good we would have got them in right away like we did with Doyle but I'm guessing we got knocked back for our original targets so have gone for these guys as a stop gap, again all guess work but I think they'll probably be better than what we've got but not the answer long term

:agree: Hibernian Rovers here we come :aok:

PeterboroHibee
12-01-2012, 09:05 AM

It concerns me that we dont seem to be looking at any real experience in the SPL, and just strikes me as more than what has gone on before. I accept what hes saying about our league position, but is there really noone else we could be going in for? We are a reasonably big club in Scotland, offer good wages and whilst we arent doing well, the point of bringing new guys in is that they are almost guaranteed the opportunity to help turn things around. If these are the guys we are going for then good luck to them, I genuinely hope they have what it takes, lets get them in before Dunfermline!

steakbake
12-01-2012, 09:17 AM
It concerns me that we dont seem to be looking at any real experience in the SPL, and just strikes me as more than what has gone on before. I accept what hes saying about our league position, but is there really noone else we could be going in for? We are a reasonably big club in Scotland, offer good wages and whilst we arent doing well, the point of bringing new guys in is that they are almost guaranteed the opportunity to help turn things around. If these are the guys we are going for then good luck to them, I genuinely hope they have what it takes, lets get them in before Dunfermline!

If we had the money up front to start attracting players and paying transfer fees to sides around us, I would agree with the first point.

It seems to be though that there is now an established route where players from LOI and the Northern Irish teams go to Scotland and lower leagues in England and gradually move up to EPL, Championship and top Div 1 level if they are any good. Similarly, our good players end up in Div 1, Championship and if they are very good, EPL.

We are somewhere just below the middle in this hierarchy.

As long as we're bringing in quality, they do a job for us and we get some cash on their way out, I'm happy with it.

R'Albin
12-01-2012, 09:24 AM

I can't believe you've had numerous posts slating Hibs fans for not supporting the team, criticizing the team etc. Then you post that! :rolleyes:

Speedway
12-01-2012, 09:33 AM
The Lith got sent packing after one session was my info, it would have taken a couple of months to get him up to speed.

:agree: Fenlon still likes the player but hasn't got time to wait and was p-d off that the player hadn't kept himself in better shape.

2 reasons.

1. No one wants to sign for Hibs.

2. Agreements have to be reached with the preferably punted before Paddy and Lindsay know what wages they've got to spread around. Then the negotiating starts.

I can't believe you've had numerous posts slating Hibs fans for not supporting the team, criticizing the team etc. Then you post that! :rolleyes:

Clearly he/she has decided to try and fit in more.

Bohemian_Hibee
12-01-2012, 09:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHbSUwIt4Zw

Ahh, great memories!

On his day, Brennan can be magic. He's got a great left foot and is lethal from set-pieces, as you will see in that video. The downside with Brennan is that he is the moodiest of players and can completely disappear in games. He's a narky player who could moan for Ireland.

Quity simply, when he's good, he's very good. When he's bad, he's unbelievably bad. That said, I don't rate Galbraith and think Brennan is an overall better player who would give the team a bit more.

As a Bohs fan, I despise Gary Twigg. He's tried to wind us up on a few occasions, but maybe somewhere there's a grudging admiration of his goalscoring record. He's not the fastest in the world, not the most mobile, not the greatest header, does not have the best shot in the world, but...... he has this (horrible) habit of being in the right place at the right time and his goalscoring record since he came over here has been impressive. That said, he wasn't an automatic choice in the rovers side last year and as he approaches his 28th birthday, as a striker his best days may well be behind him?

Slightly worrying, yet predictable IMO, that most of the players that Nutsy has been linked with are from the League of Ireland. The standard of the league here has fallen considerably in the last few years so with a few exceptions, I think he has to widen his net...

Hibby cal
12-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Sure he's looking forward to setting down roots and branching out his career playing his budding football in Leaf...

Great lol:top marks

lord bunberry
12-01-2012, 10:16 AM

Are you sure its defenders we really need imo we need strikers and creative midfielders if you look at our defensive record over the last 3 years it hasnt changed much what has changed is the amount of goals we have scored. The season we finished 4th we had stokes and deek banging them in but we still lost plenty at the back. I think most people would agree our defence is shocking but would two or three defenders keep us up im not sure but if we signed someone capable of getting us a few goals i think that would be enough to keep us up then we can work on the defence for next season

bingo70
12-01-2012, 10:18 AM
2. Agreements have to be reached with the preferably punted before Paddy and Lindsay know what wages they've got to spread around. Then the negotiating starts

Why is this only being done 2 weeks into the window, that's the sort if thing that should have been sorted out in preparation for the window opened.

woodyloon
12-01-2012, 10:25 AM
I agree both players look good prospects. I think a big plus about both players are firstly they have played with teams that are used to winning so they have that mentallity, also they have been invovled with teams that have won and/or challanged for honours.
IMO I don't think the standard of player in the LOI is that bad, I would say that some of the players are as good as any decent SPL player, so I would have no problem adding to our current squad, think it would be much needed fresh blood.

brog
12-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Ahh, great memories!

On his day, Brennan can be magic. He's got a great left foot and is lethal from set-pieces, as you will see in that video. The downside with Brennan is that he is the moodiest of players and can completely disappear in games. He's a narky player who could moan for Ireland.

Quity simply, when he's good, he's very good. When he's bad, he's unbelievably bad. That said, I don't rate Galbraith and think Brennan is an overall better player who would give the team a bit more.

As a Bohs fan, I despise Gary Twigg. He's tried to wind us up on a few occasions, but maybe somewhere there's a grudging admiration of his goalscoring record. He's not the fastest in the world, not the most mobile, not the greatest header, does not have the best shot in the world, but...... he has this (horrible) habit of being in the right place at the right time and his goalscoring record since he came over here has been impressive. That said, he wasn't an automatic choice in the rovers side last year and as he approaches his 28th birthday, as a striker his best days may well be behind him?

Slightly worrying, yet predictable IMO, that most of the players that Nutsy has been linked with are from the League of Ireland. The standard of the league here has fallen considerably in the last few years so with a few exceptions, I think he has to widen his net...

Great to get some 1st hand comments & vids brought back happy memories of our trip to St Pats. Mind you Zibi made his debut that night & we thought he was a star!! I share your thoughts re Twigg, I remember him from his Airdrie/Brechin days, think MON was his manager at Brechin, & he looked a good goal poacher but not much else. As we've already got Doyle for that role & he's faster & younger, then I'm not sure where Twigg would fit in other than back up. I like the possibility of Brennan, he could be one of those players who plays better in a higher standard whereas I think Twigg is the opposite.

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-01-2012, 11:10 AM
A stepping stone to his "boyhood heroes?"

:rolleyes:

Speedway
12-01-2012, 11:17 AM
A stepping stone to his "boyhood heroes?"

How can Hibs be seen as anything other than a stepping stone or retirement home these days?

Aldo
12-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Have just watched clips and read bout Brennan and Twigg.

At the moment we need a spark in the middle of the park. If PF thinks Brennan is the one then that's good enough for me.

As for Twigg... Scored a few. Headers shots etc has but of skill bout him and seems to find space and is at the right place at right time.

Yeah folk keep saying that they might not bee good but sorry I am more than certain that the 2 would be welcome additions and an improvement on wot we already have.

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-01-2012, 11:32 AM
How can Hibs be seen as anything other than a stepping stone or retirement home these days?

Very true Speedo, just stating the bleeding obvious

:wink:

Twa Cairpets
12-01-2012, 11:41 AM

As opposed to that entirely mythical club that exists in the mind of the deluded where Hibs are at the very pinnacle of every players dreams as a professional player?

Doubtless you'd describe players in their mid-late twenties as "journeymen"?

Can you name me some players in the last, say, twenty years who would be consistently capable of playing at a higher level who has opted to stay with Hibs over a long term?

Every club bar a tiny, tiny few is a stepping stone on the way to somewhere.

Jones28
12-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Typical Hibs fan culture to find the downside about every player we are linked with :rolleyes:

I reckon they look good, didn't expect anything other than to be linked with Irish players, seeing as it's what Fenlon knows and has experience with :aok:

Godsahibby
12-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Ahh, great memories!

I thought I was reading the Riordon to Kille thread, sounds like Brennan and Deek are very similar.

Sounds like the type of player we need, someone with a bit of creativity who can get the fans excited.

Speedway
12-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Why is this only being done 2 weeks into the window, that's the sort if thing that should have been sorted out in preparation for the window opened.

What if offers 1-3 to buy out their contracts are refused?

As opposed to that entirely mythical club that exists in the mind of the deluded where Hibs are at the very pinnacle of every players dreams as a professional player?

Doubtless you'd describe players in their mid-late twenties as "journeymen"?

Can you name me some players in the last, say, twenty years who would be consistently capable of playing at a higher level who has opted to stay with Hibs over a long term?

Every club bar a tiny, tiny few is a stepping stone on the way to somewhere.

So, we're in agreement, then?

The Hurricane
12-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Have just watched clips and read bout Brennan and Twigg.

At the moment we need a spark in the middle of the park. If PF thinks Brennan is the one then that's good enough for me.

As for Twigg... Scored a few. Headers shots etc has but of skill bout him and seems to find space and is at the right place at right time.

Yeah folk keep saying that they might not bee good but sorry I am more than certain that the 2 would be welcome additions and an improvement on wot we already have.

Sure these boys scored some good goals but what was the defending like it looked even worse than us and thats saying something!

frazeHFC
12-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Killian Brennan FM legend!

Twa Cairpets
12-01-2012, 03:53 PM
So, we're in agreement, then?

Nope - you said

The clear insinuation is that it used to be different. It wasnt, at least certainly for the last 40 years.

SteveHFC
12-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Killian Brennan FM legend!

:agree:

SMAXXA
12-01-2012, 04:07 PM
I see UTD are in for Dougie Imrie, always thought he was a decent player with a wee bit of edge that could get fans of their seat. If so I recon thats 2 fairly decent signings they have made in him and the M Gard

Cropley10
12-01-2012, 05:18 PM
I see UTD are in for Dougie Imrie, always thought he was a decent player with a wee bit of edge that could get fans of their seat. If so I recon thats 2 fairly decent signings they have made in him and the M Gard

Thought the boy Russell looked like a player as well on Saturday.

Joe
13-01-2012, 12:04 PM

SouthMoroccoStu
13-01-2012, 12:26 PM

Twigg (......)is said to be happy in Tallaght and with one year left on his contract it would take a sizeable offer from the Scottish side to tempt Rovers to do business.

Come on Rod.

Sammy7nil
13-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Twigg (......)is said to be happy in Tallaght and with one year left on his contract it would take a sizeable offer from the Scottish side to tempt Rovers to do business.

Come on Rod.

Yep put the foot down Rod and leave the sizeable offer for Proven talent at a higher or equivelant level to the SPL.

Bohemian_Hibee
14-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Brennan has signed for Sham***k R****s, so he definitely won't be coming to Easter Road.

Joe
14-01-2012, 09:38 PM
On the upside McPake could be imminent. Hermann Hreidarsson is about to sign for Coventry http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/fans_favourite_poised_to_leave_pompey_1_3422060 and didn't their manager say that McPake wouldn't be coming untill they found cover?

Add McPake to the central defence and Stephen Hughes to the midfield and we have a team :pfgwa

stokesmessiah
14-01-2012, 09:44 PM
On the upside McPake could be imminent. Hermann Hreidarsson is about to sign for Coventry http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/fans_favourite_poised_to_leave_pompey_1_3422060 and didn't their manager say that McPake wouldn't be coming untill they found cover?

Add McPake to the central defence and Stephen Hughes to the midfield and we have a team :pfgwa

Interesting, i just listened to the Hibs TV interview with PF and he said there may be something in the next 48 hours and on that link it says..."The Blues have been told by the Football League that they must let a player leave before anyone can be signed this month" Could be 2+2=5

SouthMoroccoStu
14-01-2012, 09:52 PM

I ' ve read this over a few posts now. Is this a real link or just hope?

Joe
14-01-2012, 10:03 PM
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/293605

"(Fenlon) is also considering a move for freed Motherwell midfielder Stephen Hughes"

Cracking player, really skillful, Liam Miller type but also will get stuck in. Get him signed.

CallumLaidlaw
14-01-2012, 10:05 PM

"(Fenlon) is also considering a move for freed Motherwell midfielder Stephen Hughes"

Cracking player, really skillful, Liam Miller type but also will get stuck in. Get him signed.

If he's fully fit, I'd love to see him signed up. Him and Ozzy in midfield would be great

Joe
14-01-2012, 10:10 PM
He played a few games for Motherwell just before he left them, as you say, get him fit and he can give us the composure in the midfield to really kick on.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-01-2012, 10:11 PM

That article is from the 5th of January.

From this, I'm sure I read the Lithuanian has been rejected and we're not going for Blackman.

Joe
14-01-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm just saying I would like him to come to Hibs, I can't claim to any inside information but he has been linked to us.

I do think that with a few additions we could really push on. I think top six is probably beyond us but a respectable finsih is not.

Dibben
14-01-2012, 10:27 PM
I'd be very happy if we signed Stephen Hughes!

SouthMoroccoStu
14-01-2012, 10:32 PM
I'd be very happy if we signed Stephen Hughes!

Agreed

dmc1875
14-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Stephen Hughes, McPake, a new LM and a ST would be brilliant.

If we get him fit, Hughes would be the ideal partner for Ozzy and McPake seems the solid, no nonsense type with a bit of experience. We do need a winger/side mid and a striker if Sodje is indeed away.

... Guessing we wont get Sutton even if we bid for him but someone in his mould would be ideal

Northernhibee
15-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Realistically, if the rumours are true we could be seeing a team like:

Stack/Brown

Framcomb/Hart/Spoony
McPake/Murray
Hanlon/Stephens
Booth/Hanlon

Sproule/Spoony
Osbourne/Spoony
Hughes/Stevenson/Scott
Griffiths/Galbraith

Doyle/Griffiths
Gaz/Twigg

I think that's strong, with good cover in the key positions.

--------
15-01-2012, 09:33 AM
I wonder if you grasp the irony of this post when contrasted with your signature?

The last time HE grasped an irony he burned his hand ... :cb

brog
15-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Seems like I'm in a small minority but I don't think we should be looking at Stephen Hughes. He was a reasonable player 3 or 4 seasons ago, he's now hardly played in last season or so & Well didn't think him good enough to offer him a contract. I think we can do better, Jim Goodwin for one.

JimBHibees
15-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Interesting, i just listened to the Hibs TV interview with PF and he said there may be something in the next 48 hours and on that link it says..."The Blues have been told by the Football League that they must let a player leave before anyone can be signed this month" Could be 2+2=5

The Blues they are talking about is Portsmouth.

H18sry
15-01-2012, 12:36 PM

Are your thoughts still the same?:confused:

PeterboroHibee
15-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Seems like I'm in a small minority but I don't think we should be looking at Stephen Hughes. He was a reasonable player 3 or 4 seasons ago, he's now hardly played in last season or so & Well didn't think him good enough to offer him a contract. I think we can do better, Jim Goodwin for one.

I kind of agree, dont think he would be a bad signing, and I would have definitely taken him a few years ago, but hasnt really done much since. If hes willing to come in and give his all for the club then could still work for us. If it was a choice I would definitely have Goodwin though.

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2012, 01:34 PM
I kind of agree, dont think he would be a bad signing, and I would have definitely taken him a few years ago, but hasnt really done much since. If hes willing to come in and give his all for the club then could still work for us. If it was a choice I would definitely have Goodwin though.

I agree. A lot of posters on here seem to get stuck in a timewarp, Steven Hughes, Russell Anderson, Paul Hart.

Newsflash: players age. They get injuries. They slow down.

I'm fed up with us continually showing interest in yesterday's men who want a nice twilight contract they can enjoy from the treatment table then play the odd game in which they appear to be running backwards.

Steven Hughes v Goodwin? Three seasons ago I'd have said Hughes. Now Goodwin without a shadow of a doubt.

jdships
15-01-2012, 01:39 PM

Agree !
Step back and have a look at his recent career and you will see he was a cracking player 2/3 years ago one can't help thinking his best days are behind him and Scottish 1st Div is his level now

BEEJ
15-01-2012, 01:47 PM
I agree. A lot of posters on here seem to get stuck in a timewarp, Steven Hughes, Russell Anderson, Paul Hart.

Newsflash: players age. They get injuries. They slow down.
Who?

:dunno:

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Who?

Who is Paul Hart (good question) or who was advocating signing him?

If its the second question I can't remember and even if I could I wouldn't be petty enough to name them. But there were some people (possibly myself included) who thought that Hart would be a good signing on the basis of remembering him as a pacy fullback for A'deen two years previously and omitting the fact he'd played half a dozen games lounging on the treatment table for those two years.

greenlex
15-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Who?

If its the second question I can't remember and even if I could I wouldn't be petty enough to name them. But there were some people (possibly myself included) who thought that Hart would be a good signing on the basis of remembering him as a pacy fullback for A'deen two years previously and omitting the fact he'd played half a dozen games lounging on the treatment table for those two years.

He was/is a manager. Last I heard Portsmouth I think.

BEEJ
15-01-2012, 02:23 PM

Aaah ....

..you mean Paul's brother, Michael!?

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2012, 02:29 PM
I just heard we might be after an italian and a finn, source sadtom. :wink: