PDA

View Full Version : NHC Epic Goalie FAIL

H18sry
11-01-2012, 06:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElER4dZSaOs&feature=player_embedded :faf::faf:

Pedantic_Hibee
11-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Shay Given did that once for Newcastle against Coventry, Dion Dublin nipped in and scored.

Imagine an Irishman not knowing where Dublin was :greengrin

lyonhibs
11-01-2012, 06:26 PM
That's literally the ONE type of typical horrendous goalie gaffe that we haven't been afflicted with in the past 5/6 years.

Only a matter of time mind...................... :devil:

thebakerboy
11-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Didn't Deek do something for us early in his career.

Monts
11-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Didn't Deek do something for us early in his career.
He nicked the ball off Gordons toe in a derby as he tried to kick from his hands. It was given as foul play.

Mikey
11-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Shay Given did that once for Newcastle against Coventry, Dion Dublin nipped in and scored.

Imagine an Irishman not knowing where Dublin was :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OonOXv6u4CU

thebakerboy
11-01-2012, 09:07 PM
He nicked the ball off Gordons toe in a derby as he tried to kick from his hands. It was given as foul play.
Yeah I remember now and someone down south tried it as well with same result 'causing quite a lot of discussion at the time. Also if I remember George Best did it years ago and got away with it.

Monts
11-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Yeah I remember now and someone down south tried it as well with same result 'causing quite a lot of discussion at the time. Also if I remember George Best did it years ago and got away with it.

Without actually knowing the details, I would think that the rule was brought in after Bests time. I think the rule is that the keeper is deemed to still be in possession of the ball until he kicks it. I dont quite understand it myself as I think if he is not touching the ball it should be fair game. But thems the rules apparently.

thebakerboy
11-01-2012, 09:19 PM
I found the Best one on youtube but don't have the knowledge to put it up Mikey??????

Sodje_18
11-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Thierry Henry IIRC

Mikey
11-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I found the Best one on youtube but don't have the knowledge to put it up Mikey??????

Here ye go......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D8IW_3_6D8

thebakerboy
11-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Cheers Mikey , why was it not allowed , I believe he also did it against Pat Jennings for United and it was allowed but can't find that one. You can't beat a bit of nostalgia when the game on the tele-box is boring.

Mon_the_cabbage
11-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Cheers Mikey , why was it not allowed , I believe he also did it against Pat Jennings for United and it was allowed but can't find that one. You can't beat a bit of nostalgia when the game on the tele-box is boring.

The goalkeeper is deemed to still have the ball under control (in hand) when in the act of a drop kick between releasing it from his hands until he kicks it.

So to nip the ball as it's in the air at that point is the same as kicking it out of his hands in the eyes of the rules.

Baader
11-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Am pretty sure simon brown came close to this at ER in a derby. Player ran back onto pitch from behind him but he managed to clear before the Yak got there...

Monts
11-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Am pretty sure simon brown came close to this at ER in a derby. Player ran back onto pitch from behind him but he managed to clear before the Yak got there...

:agree: Actually think he pulled the boy down and was lucky to stay on the pitch.

hibbytam
12-01-2012, 01:10 PM
That's literally the ONE type of typical horrendous goalie gaffe that we haven't been afflicted with in the past 5/6 years.

Only a matter of time mind...................... :devil:

I'm sure there was one with simon brown, but I'm not sure if it actually led to a goal.

Pretty Boy
12-01-2012, 01:52 PM
While not quite the same, Makas booting the ball deliberately off Lee Millers back and having to watch as it rolled into the unguarded goal at Pittodrie was pretty stupid.

easty
12-01-2012, 02:06 PM
While not quite the same, Makas booting the ball deliberately off Lee Millers back and having to watch as it rolled into the unguarded goal at Pittodrie was pretty stupid.

Absolutely.:agree:

yorkshire hib
12-01-2012, 05:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElER4dZSaOs&feature=player_embedded :faf::faf:
ha ha