PDA

View Full Version : Bounce game v ICT

flash
11-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Haven't seen this anywhere else. Hibs beat ICT 3-0 yesterday at East Mains with goals from Doyle, Caldwell and Monaghan. Was a young team apparently with no trialists.

nonshinyfinish
11-01-2012, 07:55 AM
Haven't seen this anywhere else. Hibs beat ICT 3-0 yesterday at East Mains with goals from Doyle, Caldwell and Monaghan. Was a young team apparently with no trialists.

Any indication of how strong ICT's team was?

big-mo
11-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Strange thing was that Victor Palsson was playing even though he had been told he would be leaving. Hart was also playing at CH but did not look much better than his normal performance.

HH81
11-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Strange thing was that Victor Palsson was playing even though he had been told he would be leaving. Hart was also playing at CH but did not look much better than his normal performance.

Hart at CB :greengrin

They didn't score so it has to be an improvement on letting two in at a 2nd div club :agree:

nortonhibby
11-01-2012, 08:27 AM

Why no Tialists this would have been the perfect chance to look at new players what happened with regards the 2 LOI Players that were reported to be on trial ?

The lack of transfer activity is a concern.

scoopyboy
11-01-2012, 08:35 AM

I hope he's not looking to play Hart at centre half on saturday!!!!!!

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Why no Tialists this would have been the perfect chance to look at new players what happened with regards the 2 LOI Players that were reported to be on trial ?

The lack of transfer activity is a concern.

How is it a concern? Fenlon needs to know now who's better than this lot, and know now who he wants. Players hawking themselves around on trial should be a bonus.

Wheat Hound
11-01-2012, 08:52 AM

Indeed. Memories of Kevin McCann at CH at Pittodrie spring to mind.................................:timebomb:

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2012, 08:54 AM

Is Stephens injured?

H18sry
11-01-2012, 09:08 AM

Maybe somebody had asked to see him in action with a view to signing him :wink:

Aldo
11-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Concerned a bit at the lack of activity however we need a wee but if quality . We don't want to be in the same position in 12 months.

As for Hart at CB sorry but I would rather we had Hanlon and Stephens in there .

If we could muster 3 CH I would play a 3 5 2 with spoony and Booth as wing backs along with Ozzy, Lewis and a n other in the middle with Doyle and GOC up front ( that's if he's fit and still here.

Hopefully get another CH and MF in by weekend (creative MF but cannot really see it TBH)

Wishful thinking. Need to play it tight but if we don't concede then I am sure we can score.

Benny Brazil
11-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Concerned a bit at the lack of activity however we need a wee but if quality . We don't want to be in the same position in 12 months.

As for Hart at CB sorry but I would rather we had Hanlon and Stephens in there .

If we could muster 3 CH I would play a 3 5 2 with spoony and Booth as wing backs along with Ozzy, Lewis and a n other in the middle with Doyle and GOC up front ( that's if he's fit and still here.

Hopefully get another CH and MF in by weekend (creative MF but cannot really see it TBH)

Wishful thinking. Need to play it tight but if we don't concede then I am sure we can score.

I'd go with that as a line up as well Aldo - Booth and Wotherspoon would be more suited to being wing backs rather than out and out full backs and would be a better option than Sproule and Galbraith.

thebakerboy
11-01-2012, 10:31 AM
I'd go with that as a line up as well Aldo - Booth and Wotherspoon would be more suited to being wing backs rather than out and out full backs and would be a better option than Sproule and Galbraith.
I've banging on about this for months 'cause we have no decent full backs at the club and I always like to see players in their natural positions, ie right footers on right , left footers on left if possible.

GreenCastle
11-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Hart at CH...:worried:

Ian Murray still injured ? We need Murray's leadership on Saturday :agree:

Bohemian_Hibee
11-01-2012, 10:50 AM
I've seen mention of these 'bounce' games over the years here, but can someone please define, to a non-Scot, what exactly is a 'bounce' game?

Cheers.

Aubenas
11-01-2012, 10:56 AM
HIya - original definition of a 'bounce game' would be when a gang of lads turned up at the local park, picked sides and had a game. It's now used in pro football to describe training games arranged between league sides to give squad players a run out or to judge trialists, and they've become very common in SPL since the abandonment of the reserve league as reserve games used to fill that function.
Sin e!

H18sry
11-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Hart at CH...:worried:

Ian Murray still injured ? We need Murray's leadership on Saturday :agree:

He has just had an op,so will be out for a few week's :wink:

Brooster
11-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Get jordan forster in at centre half. Attacks every high ball and in my opinion is better than any ch at the club.

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Get jordan forster in at centre half. Attacks every high ball and in my opinion is better than any ch at the club.

Really, thats interesting. How old is he brooster, is he quick/tall/small, built like a brick ****house type? I never see the kids play so have no idea whats in reserve?, I'm surprised especially with how bad we have been, not to have seen more of them?

GreenCastle
11-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Really, thats interesting. How old is he brooster, is he quick/tall/small, built like a brick ****house type? I never see the kids play so have no idea whats in reserve?, I'm surprised especially with how bad we have been, not to have seen more of them?

:agree:

Even under Bobby Williamson - when we weren't doing very well and with a limited budget - we played the young, hungry players like Scott Brown etc who over time grew into better players.

Last season Booth was like this in an otherwise poor season - this season - we haven't seen anyone make the step up :confused:

Golden Bear
11-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Is Stephens injured?

Nope ------ but O'Hanlon is suspended.

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Nope ------ but O'Hanlon is suspended.

Then i'd imagine its stephens and Hanlon in the middle with Booth on the left and pick any one fro m Wotherspoon Towell or Hart for the right, unless we get someone in before?

scoopyboy
11-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Is Stephens injured?

No, I thought it would be Hanlon and Stephens as centre backs.

However I wondered if PF was looking at Hart as an alternative.

If he doesn't go with Stephens and Hanlon I wouldn't be against Jordan Forster as Brooster has suggested.

Big strong laddie who is no slouch.

Aldo
11-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Just watched the Higlights and O Hanlon at fault for both. Done like a kipper . Yeah Hanlon paps the ball to Cameron but where's the MF.

Ball gets humped in and OHanlon dives in for first and is nowhere for 2nd, good finish mind you but should of been closer.

I would play Steohens and Hanlon but what about them at CB with Towell sweeping??

**** knows.

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2012, 12:13 PM

If he doesn't go with Stephens and Hanlon I wouldn't be against Jordan Forster as Brooster has suggested.

Big strong laddie who is no slouch.

Good to hear. :aok:

truehibernian
11-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Is Nid fit (or suspended) ? Every time he has deputised at centre half I always thought he was more than capable. Dunfermline play with Kirk/Barrowman up top who for me are not the most mobile of strikers nor the most combative in the air.

scoopyboy
11-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Is Nid fit (or suspended) ? Every time he has deputised at centre half I always thought he was more than capable. Dunfermline play with Kirk/Barrowman up top who for me are not the most mobile of strikers nor the most combative in the air.

He's out. Went into the hospital last week for an op.

Don't know how long for.

BEEJ
11-01-2012, 12:17 PM

Or as back-up from the bench in case of injury?

Is Nid fit (or suspended) ? Every time he has deputised at centre half I always thought he was more than capable.
Was operated on last week. Out for a few weeks, I think.

DirtyDeeds
11-01-2012, 12:18 PM

Teams havent been successful playing 3 at the back for a number of years now, mainly due to the increase of sides playing 3 up or centre forward with two advanced wingers. Wing backs have to drop back to cover them leaving midfield undermanned and exposed, especially a midfield as weak as ours.

To make that formation work you need a superb midfield, which we obviously dont, even if we add this creative midfielder we need. The last time we played it we had Latapy, O'Neil and Jack who as a unit were absolutely outstanding and knew theirs and their team-mates roles inside out. I dont think we have enough guys with the talent, tactical discipline or game intelligence to make it work and would just have the ball knoacked around us in simple triangles.

scoopyboy
11-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Teams havent been successful playing 3 at the back for a number of years now, mainly due to the increase of sides playing 3 up or centre forward with two advanced wingers. Wing backs have to drop back to cover them leaving midfield undermanned and exposed, especially a midfield as weak as ours.

To make that formation work you need a superb midfield, which we obviously dont, even if we add this creative midfielder we need. The last time we played it we had Latapy, O'Neil and Jack who as a unit were absolutely outstanding and knew theirs and their team-mates roles inside out. I dont think we have enough guys with the talent, tactical discipline or game intelligence to make it work and would just have the ball knoacked around us in simple triangles.

Dunfermline play 3 at the back I think.

SMAXXA
11-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Or as back-up from the bench in case of injury?

Was operated on last week. Out for a few weeks, I think.

Hes back at east mains with the physio there now, recon it will b 4 weeks from the op (Keyhole) which will probs mean he will be back the week after next.