PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Chinese (Takeway Food Order)

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Hot & Sour Soup (Can't get enough of this, though it varies in quality and taste so much between takeaways)
Shredded Cripsy Chicken in Chilli Sauce
Fried Rice
Chips
Portion of Curry Sauce
Prawn Crackers (for soup)

Greedy Bassa I know :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Hot & Sour Soup most definitely.
Chicken with Fresh Chilli and Fried Rice from Taste Good on Slateford Road, hotter than most curries I can manage!

dp00
10-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Chilli chips from hung fung on ferry road :)

H18sry
11-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Chicken with Fresh Chilli and Fried Rice from Taste Good on Slateford Road, hotter than most curries I can manage!

:thumbsup:

Godsahibby
12-01-2012, 10:15 AM

Refuse to go to Taste Good now as they have twice tried to rob me when I've sat in for a meal. No arguments that he food isn't decent.

I get mine from King Wa on Gorgie Road

Chicking noodle soup
Chicken chow mein
Char sui egg fu young

H18sry
12-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Refuse to go to Taste Good now as they have twice tried to rob me when I've sat in for a meal. No arguments that he food isn't decent.

I get mine from King Wa on Gorgie Road

Chicking noodle soup
Chicken chow mein
Char sui egg fu young

Yeah Chris they are expensive for eating in :agree:

Godsahibby
12-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Yeah Chris they are expensive for eating in :agree:

I dont mind paying the prices for what I've eaten, but both times they tried adding things to the bill! it was very obious that it wasn't a mistake, they did the exact same thing twice!

R'Albin
12-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Our usual order

Salt and pepper Ribs..
Aromatic crispy duck
Chips
Beef in black bean sauce/Sweet and sour chicken
Spring Roles

:drool:

Hermit Crab
12-01-2012, 04:46 PM
The Hung Lam up Newington. Excellent take away.

No starter but the main is Crispy shredded Chicken in Chilli Sauce with soft noodles no rice. :aok:

1two
14-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Salt n pepper spare ribs
Peking chicken
Beef curry
Egg fried rice
Prawn crackers

wpj
14-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Soft shell crab in salt and pepper
shredded duck plum sauce, pancakes and salad
shredded lamb with the same

Leftovers in the fridge to be eaten after saturday kitchen

Pete
15-01-2012, 03:50 AM

I love that too...the difference is that the chilies are whole and you have to bite into so many of them...the dish is hot already but only then do they really release the heat.

I challenge anyone to source a hotter chinese dish anywhere....and I have to say that the vindaloos or any hot indians I've had anywhere else have had something missing compared to this.

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Was watching Fake Britain the other night and the Chinese takeway they raided in Liverpool for having illegal workers is the Chinese that I have used for years and still use when in Liverpool! Still a great takeway though.:greengrin

Speedy
15-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Was watching Fake Britain the other night and the Chinese takeway they raided in Liverpool for having illegal workers is the Chinese that I have used for years and still use when in Liverpool! Still a great takeway though.:greengrin

At least you know it's authentic :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2012, 01:15 PM
At least you know it's authentic :greengrin

:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2012, 02:44 PM

Was it The Kam Doon on Mt Pleasant?

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Was it The Kam Doon on Mt Pleasant?

:greengrin Very good!!!!

Have been to a few dodgy ones around various grounds, remember the names of the takeaways but not sure what grounds they were near!

The Yon Tim -

The Ye Hun -

The Yam Li Fud -

LancashireHibby
15-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Don't even tend to get soup/ribs etc as our local takeaway's portions are huge so even just buying one 'main' usually does me for Saturday tea and then finish the rest during Match of the Day :agree:

Chicken chop suey, cripsy shredded beef or sweet & sour pork with half boiled rice, half chips and a bag of prawn crackers. The simple things in life.

Planet Hibs
15-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Got to say the grimey little one at longstone 'Mr Lees' does a cracking golden crispy beef, add to that some BBQ Ribs, fried rice and a tub of s&s sauce and your talking a great Chinese. Although when ordering with the Mrs its a 'Tastegood'

Peevemor
15-01-2012, 08:57 PM
:greengrin Very good!!!!

Have been to a few dodgy ones around various grounds, remember the names of the takeaways but not sure what grounds they were near!

The Yon Tim -

The Ye Hun -

The Yam Li Fud -

There used to be one in Dundee (maybe still is) that you passed on the way to Dens/Tannadice called the Tak A Wa. :agree:

Biff Tannen
22-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Where do i start? ye've goat yer chicken curries's's yer salt n chilli chips's's's, yer salt n chilli prawns's's's yer chow meins's's yer singapore noodles's's's's's's's's's's's's's's's's

Leicester Fan
22-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Number 55

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Number 55

Cream of sumyunguy soup?

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Where do i start? ye've goat yer chicken curries's's yer salt n chilli chips's's's, yer salt n chilli prawns's's's yer chow meins's's yer singapore noodles's's's's's's's's's's's's's's's's

Whats the story with all the s's?

HibbyAndy
23-01-2012, 09:46 AM
The Hung Lam up Newington. Excellent take away.

No starter but the main is Crispy shredded Chicken in Chilli Sauce with soft noodles no rice. :aok:

That Chinese has been there as long as i can remember...Anyone actually know how long its been around?.

Chicken curry , Chips for me. Nowt major and no really fussy. Hits the spot. When am skint chips curry sauce and prawn crackers are tasty tae.

NYHibby
24-01-2012, 11:18 PM
It's not takeaway, but the best place is SeeWoo. I go there with my Chinese friends and I'm usually only white person in the restaurant.