PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths one game ban

woodyhfc4892
10-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Not sure if posted anywhere else but just noticed this link on the Scottish FA twitter:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=721&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=9119

cabbageandribs1875
10-01-2012, 04:49 PM
he's not the brightest light in the harbour is he:whistle:

Jones28
10-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Would think he'd have learnt his lesson after the gesture he made to the Rangers fans :rolleyes:

At least I assume that's why he's been suspended again

H18sry
Aye the boy will go far :rolleyes:

woodyhfc4892
And couldn't have come at a worse time with dunfermline at the weekend.

Gettin' Auld
10-01-2012, 04:51 PM
The daft laddie needs to grow up.............Fast!!

Beefster
10-01-2012, 04:52 PM
And couldn't have come at a worse time with dunfermline at the weekend.

I took it to mean that he'd miss the next SC game.

Jamesie
10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Assuming this is for gesticulating at the Hibs fans (this isn't clear from the complaint and while I've not seen Schedule C I can only presume the offence is highlighted there) then I hope Griffiths is fined a weeks wages. The fact it wasn't his first offence this season makes it even crazier - he obviously doesn't learn.

GreenCastle
10-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Total idiot :rolleyes:

You get a suspension for doing it one game then do the same thing again a couple of weeks later when T.V cameras are there again = missing 2 games now :brickwall

As supporters we want to see the best players playing and helping the club and when they are getting suspended for needless actions (not learning from mistakes!) - I believe we are allowed to moan :agree:

Twiglet
10-01-2012, 04:59 PM
I took it to mean that he'd miss the next SC game.

Yep, read it that way too. Says he will miss the next game match in the competition, looks like the SC game next month to me. Who knows who'll be in the team by then.

darwenhibby
10-01-2012, 05:00 PM
The daft laddie needs to grow up.............Fast!!

:agree:

Seveno
10-01-2012, 05:01 PM
He needs to grow up or get out.

Hibs Class
10-01-2012, 05:03 PM
If what he did justifies a ban then I don't see why at least half the Hearts team wasn't similarly punished after the last derby.

andyhibeefan15
10-01-2012, 05:06 PM
leigh has not got a ban its just fake that the sfa said dont listen to it its not real

cabbageandribs1875
10-01-2012, 05:06 PM
If what he did justifies a ban then I don't see why at least half the Hearts team wasn't similarly punished after the last derby.

skacel(sp) to start with, totally unnecessary going over to the hibs fans pointing at the back of his turd-coloured top :agree:

weecounty hibby
10-01-2012, 05:07 PM

Get out??? I suggest you need to grow up! The same thing could have been said about Alex Edwards would you have chased him for his petulance and not learning a lesson? He is a young laddie playing for the team he supports. Scores a great goal and then gives a GIRFUY to someone giving him pelters. Stupid, yes, undertsandable, yes. I like his attitude, he is one who wants to work hard for Hibs and wants to win. If he can stop the gestures he will do fine.

Sir David Gray
10-01-2012, 05:08 PM
I said this was a possibility on Saturday and got shouted down by several people who thought that Griffiths was well within his rights to make a point to the fans who had given the team so much abuse in recent weeks.

Doing it once is silly.
Doing the same thing for a second time and just a few weeks later is downright stupidity and I hope he's fined.

Sir David Gray
10-01-2012, 05:14 PM
skacel(sp) to start with, totally unnecessary going over to the hibs fans pointing at the back of his turd-coloured top :agree:

Maybe but it wasn't an "offensive, insulting or abusive" gesture that he made, whereas the gesture Griffiths made would be classed as "offensive".

Skacel should probably have been booked for doing what he did, but Griffiths' offence should have resulted in him being sent off, which is why he has now been banned.

truehibernian
10-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Playing devils advocate here, but this also may be the reminder our support needs to be positive towards the players rather than abusive. Not saying what Leigh did was smart at all, but they are human beings who happen to be employed as footballers.....would any of you like someone unknown to you, walk into your workplace and thereafter question your workrate, parentage, skill and throw in expletives in amongst it ?

The support needs to improve, just as much as the team do in my honest opinion....sorry to say that, but for me it is the case.

Leigh is young, he will make rash mistakes. Just like Scott Brown was, like Thommo was, and to a certain extent Derek.....all of them good players though. Fenlon will deal with it correctly....I like Leigh having attitude, just needs to be channeled a wee bit better.

Golden Bear
10-01-2012, 05:33 PM
On top of that I've just found out that O'Hanlon is suspended for Saturday. That doesn't please me but I'm sure it well be welcome news to many on here.

hibee62
10-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Am I the only one thinking this is incredibly harsh? Against rangers he made a gesture at opposing fans and it was totally isolated and entirely designed to abuse them.

With this one I'm not sure this gesture is always abusive, while he may have meant it that way on Saturday he did it to his own fans as part of a celebration. I'm not convinced Mr compliance officer can prove it was offensive. In fact I'm sure I've seen people make this gesture in elation at scoring in the past...

Gala Foxes
10-01-2012, 05:35 PM
No need for the gesture or the aggression in his face

Grow up and get on with the game

Golden Bear
10-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Am I the only one thinking this is incredibly harsh? Against rangers he made a gesture at opposing fans and it was totally isolated and entirely designed to abuse them.

With this one I'm not sure this gesture is always abusive, while he may have meant it that way on Saturday he did it to his own fans as part of a celebration. I'm not convinced Mr compliance officer can prove it was offensive. In fact I'm sure I've seen people make this gesture in elation at scoring in the past...

I'd suggest that the snarl on his face at the time provided conclusive proof that it certainly was intended as an offensive gesture.

Silly laddie and it could cost the club dear.

johnrebus
10-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Not sure if posted anywhere else but just noticed this link on the Scottish FA twitter:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=721&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=9119

And the bigots who abused Fenlon on Saturday get off scot free.....,

Bad Martini
10-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Wouldnae mind as much if he'd been telling the yams or Huns to **** off haing taken pelters for 90 mins ... Getting banned for shouting at yer ain fans!!! Muppet

Stantons Angel
10-01-2012, 05:49 PM
A poster likes Griffiths "attitude" and another likens his temperament to that of Alex Edwards????

We need our good players to be on the park, NOT sitting in the stand. He has just returned from a one match ban for doing the same thing he'd been pulled up for before.

Excuses about his age and immaturity have no bearing on this situation, he has learnt nothing!

Alex Edwards was a player of enormous talent and would be tormented by opposing defenders, kicked and fouled until he reacted and was either booked or sent off. He spent a good deal of time off the park too. The time he did spend on the field gave us memories we still hold dear.

After the ban is served it will be up to Leigh to show his maturity and LEARN from this and to show he has a talent for football on the park and not for giving silly gestures!

Grow up laddie!

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2012, 05:56 PM
As i said in an earlier post, he needs to grow up very quickly. The poor wee soul has been criticised, what a shame pal, get over it or get another job.:rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
10-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Incredibly frustrating when players do inexcusable things like this. I would imagine PF is furious.

truehibernian
10-01-2012, 06:10 PM
A poster likes Griffiths "attitude" and another likens his temperament to that of Alex Edwards????

We need our good players to be on the park, NOT sitting in the stand. He has just returned from a one match ban for doing the same thing he'd been pulled up for before.

Excuses about his age and immaturity have no bearing on this situation, he has learnt nothing!

Alex Edwards was a player of enormous talent and would be tormented by opposing defenders, kicked and fouled until he reacted and was either booked or sent off. He spent a good deal of time off the park too. The time he did spend on the field gave us memories we still hold dear.

After the ban is served it will be up to Leigh to show his maturity and LEARN from this and to show he has a talent for football on the park and not for giving silly gestures!

Grow up laddie!

I said I liked his attitude, but I didn't condone what he did. My point was about the support not spouting vile abuse or unnecessary jibes at players during a game. If it can be harnessed, Leigh has the right winning mentality in my eyes with a touch of the Scott Brown in him....that glint in the eye.

I remember one game at Easter Road a couple of seasons ago, Benji was warming up trackside.....from nowhere a fan takes it upon himself to launch a wee tirade towards him, shouting he was a workshy layabout and to sit back down (not in those words).....if I had been Benji and come on and scored, I would have run to that fan and done exactly the same Leigh did. The player was warming up FFS !

The football aint good, we are entitled to grumble.....the £20odd quid come matchday doesn't give folk the right to direct constant abuse at a player IMHO......just my humble opinion.

PatHead
10-01-2012, 06:24 PM
BBC saying it is next round of the Cup not league game. They do also say Hibs won 2-1 on Saturday though!

BEEJ
10-01-2012, 06:26 PM
I said I liked his attitude, but I didn't condone what he did. My point was about the support not spouting vile abuse or unnecessary jibes at players during a game.

The football aint good, we are entitled to grumble.....the £20odd quid come matchday doesn't give folk the right to direct constant abuse at a player IMHO......just my humble opinion.
For the element of our 'support' who barracked Griffiths on Saturday when he sclaffed a shot earlier on in the game (or whenever else), we can but guess how delighted with themselves they must now be at the contribution they've made to their team.

Doubtless they will see the removal of one of their targets from the first team for a forthcoming fixture as something of a victory for 'fan power'. This will only encourage them to set about targetting other less favoured Hibs players in future in the hope of a similar response.

TowerHibs
10-01-2012, 06:27 PM
I said I liked his attitude, but I didn't condone what he did. My point was about the support not spouting vile abuse or unnecessary jibes at players during a game. If it can be harnessed, Leigh has the right winning mentality in my eyes with a touch of the Scott Brown in him....that glint in the eye.

I remember one game at Easter Road a couple of seasons ago, Benji was warming up trackside.....from nowhere a fan takes it upon himself to launch a wee tirade towards him, shouting he was a workshy layabout and to sit back down (not in those words).....if I had been Benji and come on and scored, I would have run to that fan and done exactly the same Leigh did. The player was warming up FFS !

I agree with most of that however he has just had a ban for the same offence and to do it again a few weeks later is stupid. More professionalism is needed from him.

The bans are getting stupid now. Every week there are 4/5 players being banned every week. People will be getting banned soon for things that are daily events on the training ground.

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 06:29 PM
For the element of our 'support' who barracked Griffiths on Saturday when he sclaffed a shot earlier on in the game (or whenever else), we can but guess how delighted with themselves they must now be at the contribution they've made to their team.

Doubtless they will see the removal of one of their targets from the first team for a forthcoming fixture as something of a victory for 'fan power'. This will only encourage them to set about targetting other less favoured Hibs players in future in the hope of a similar response.

Utter nonsense griffiths is responsible no-one else. He's made a complete erse of himself again and obviously learnt nothing from the Rangers game!

DaveF
10-01-2012, 06:29 PM

You are at the wind up eh?

I gave it a "FFS" when he missed that chance, but I doubt he heard me. Even if he did, tell me your not saying that's justification for his actions.

Stantons Angel
10-01-2012, 06:36 PM

You are quite correct to point out our support abusing their own players and i appreciate your point about the attack on Benji too. (id probably have skelped the guy one!)

My only worry is the fact that this player had not learnt from missing the last game he was banned for. I know he is a Hibby at heart and he wants to win like the rest of us.
BUT...He needs to be ON THE PARK to show this though!

Your humble opinion is important and worth while sharing with us.

ballengeich
10-01-2012, 06:41 PM

Aye, because the people who spend 90 minutes hurling abuse at our own players aren't likely to do either.

BEEJ
10-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Utter nonsense griffiths is responsible no-one else. He's made a complete erse of himself again and obviously learnt nothing from the Rangers game!

You are at the wind up eh?

I gave it a "FFS" when he missed that chance, but I doubt he heard me. Even if he did, tell me your not saying that's justification for his actions.
Griffiths will now serve a one match ban and will presumably be fined by the club for his actions (in both cases, perhaps for the second time). He will have plenty of time to consider the consequences of his infantile gesture. So that side is dealt with.

Meantime those from our own support who chose to (audibly) barrack one of our own players on Saturday, suffer no consequences whatsoever and presumably will continue to revel in their right to do what they ruddy well please on match days - even if ultimately it does serve to undermine the progress of 'their' team.

Yet another sorry episode that beggars belief. PF must wonder at times what on earth he's taken on.

DaveF
10-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Griffiths will now serve a one match ban and will presumably be fined by the club for his actions (in both cases, perhaps for the second time). He will have plenty of time to consider the consequences of his infantile gesture. So that side is dealt with.

I don't think you can so lightly dismiss the level of stupidity Griffiths has shown here. Especially so soon after the Rangers offence. If I was caught at work for sending a dodgy email and reprimanded, I don't think I'd be doing the same thing again less than a month later unless I had no respect for my work, management or self.

Meantime those from our own support who chose to (audibly) barrack one of our own players on Saturday, suffer no consequences whatsoever and presumably will continue to revel in their right to do what they ruddy well please on match days - even if ultimately it does serve to undermine the progress of 'their' team.

I just don't buy this line at all. We recently had the big debate about negative support taking it's toll on players and now it's being taken down to some shouts of frustration from fans as the justification of our own players abusing the support (as a whole). The modern day footballer is a fragile breed it seems.

It's a sorry episode alright, I'll give you that.

greenginger
10-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Definitely worth an appeal. What was the cautionable offence ?

I've just trawled through the SFA protocol (187 pages of it ) from the SFA site. Page 172 lists Unsporting behavior offences and only two could possibly apply

L) Action deemed to be inflammatory ---- hardly when directed to your own fans.

M) All other offences deemed to be unsporting behaviour ----- does unsporting apply to inter-action with spectators ?

Come on Rod get your Legal hat on and fight this nonsense.

BoltonHibee
10-01-2012, 06:54 PM

I've just trawled through the SFA protocol (187 pages of it ) from the SFA site. Page 172 lists Unsporting behavior offences and only two could possibly apply

M) All other offences deemed to be unsporting behaviour ----- does unsporting apply to inter-action with spectators ?

If Hibs were to lose any appeal, would the ban be extended?

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 06:54 PM

Yet another sorry episode that beggars belief. PF must wonder at times what on earth he's taken on.

Griffiths should have considered the consequences of his infantile behaviour following the Rangers game should he not?

As for supporters suffering no consequences, what do you want a one game ban for them as well?

Whatever criticism Griffiths received on Saturday there is NO excuse for his behaviour, jeez it seems folk like you would rather see real supporters replaced with canned applause. Football supporters criticise players, always have done and always will!

greenginger
10-01-2012, 06:57 PM
If Hibs were to lose any appeal, would the ban be extended?

Don't think so, McCulloch did'nt get an extra game for his failed appeal.

mca
10-01-2012, 06:59 PM

Would be good to Know if any of Our Fans Officially Complained !!!!!!

Why is the girfuy arm gesture deemed offensive anyway.. Apparently the poilce cant arrest you for it.. so why is it punishable via sfa/spl level.. ????

Sammy7nil
10-01-2012, 06:59 PM

LOL on both counts if he appeasl he will get a 3 game ban. The boy is an idiot he and we just have to take it on the chin.

basehibby
10-01-2012, 07:05 PM

I think he'd be wasting his time - Griffiths' gesture was defo bookable. It's a pure pain in the erse that he'll miss the next round of the cup. Hopefully he NOW learns his lesson.

PatHead
10-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Ignoring the background to how stupid Griffiths was I can't understand how a bookable offence can result in a one match ban. It is not like Pawlett's dive where he was seeking to gain an advantage. The SFA are getting involved too much and on an inconsistent basis. Why did the Celtic or Rangers players not get "done" retrospectively for leaving the pitch? Bookable offence so surely no different to Griffiths.

Elephant Stone
10-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Would be good to Know if any of Our Fans Officially Complained !!!!!!

Why is the girfuy arm gesture deemed offensive anyway.. Apparently the poilce cant arrest you for it.. so why is it punishable via sfa/spl level.. ????

Because the rules of football are different from the criminal law presumably.

Can't believe how stupid he's been, PF seemed pretty angry about him getting banned for it last time so you'd imagine he won't be best pleased. Hope it was worth it.

truehibernian
10-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Griffiths should have considered the consequences of his infantile behaviour following the Rangers game should he not?

As for supporters suffering no consequences, what do you want a one game ban for them as well?

Whatever criticism Griffiths received on Saturday there is NO excuse for his behaviour, jeez it seems folk like you would rather see real supporters replaced with canned applause. Football supporters criticise players, always have done and always will!

It would appear that thousands of fans have given themselves a self-imposed season long ban Scouse :greengrin

The football isn't pretty and fans of course are entitled to grumble and moan. Leigh was daft and it was another rush of blood after scoring a quite excellent goal.....yep, there can be no argument that he should have been wrapping the arms around the teammates and not giving the fans the bird.....but he is young, impetuous, very very eager to please us, and he absolutely no doubt takes stick a wee bit personally. We (the fans) know that, and from the Rangers game we know he is prone to this......so I was merely questioning why we as a support direct abuse, some of it unnecessary and vile, at our own player, regardless of whether he has a temper or not.

I sat in amongst Dunfermline fans recently and was particularly impressed at their constant support of their team, when being gubbed......yes much of it was comical singing, but they didn't have veins popping out their necks at Keddie being utterly useless at centre half, or Barrowman hitting the corner flag with a shot.

In a way the Hibs support is like the team at present. We fear the worst rather than go to games in a confident mood (or positive mood). Goal gets conceded, the teams heads go down, but so do the fans' heads. I recall last season when Hearts scored at ER to make it 1-0 at the 2-2 derby. Immediately the ball was in the centre circle, the Hibs fans, to a man, cheered and sang and started an atmosphere. The players responded immediately to it.....it was visible and tangible. That is what we should be focusing on from now til end of season. Getting right behind the lads and voicing it more positively.

For me, once Pat Fenlon gets in a couple of experienced leaders, players who not only the team but the fans can bond with, then we will notice a change in attitudes in the stands. The team lacks that real captaincy in all areas of the park.....the spine of the side needs experience and wise heads. Get a couple of talkers into the side that Leigh, DW and Hanlon can listen to and aspire to be like........that will transfuse into the support. Oh for a Sauzee and a John O'Neill/Stuart Lovell.......players of that ilk who teach the young guns as well as play alongside.

BEEJ
10-01-2012, 07:18 PM
I don't think you can so lightly dismiss the level of stupidity Griffiths has shown here. Especially so soon after the Rangers offence. If I was caught at work for sending a dodgy email and reprimanded, I don't think I'd be doing the same thing again less than a month later unless I had no respect for my work, management or self.
Well how far should the club take this then. What would you like to see done to make a proper example of this player?

Clearly he's too emotionally charged to cut it in the cauldron that is ER these days. So we may as well send him back to Wolves now.

I just don't buy this line at all. We recently had the big debate about negative support taking it's toll on players and now it's being taken down to some shouts of frustration from fans as the justification of our own players abusing the support (as a whole). The modern day footballer is a fragile breed it seems.
Dave, you made clear on your thread on the PM Board on this topic that you had taken LG's gesture personally. You felt that it was directed at you and all the other members of the Hibs support on Saturday.

Despite what you may feel, this is not a reponse to fans muttering FFS under their breath, groaning, sighing, tutting, whistling or all manner of ways that football supporters have over the years expressed disappointment during a match.

It's a puerile response to supporters who choose to vent their spleen at the team or at individual players, usually doing so very pointedly and in a complete rage. A truly remarkable phenomenon when the target is your own player.

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 07:21 PM
It would appear that thousands of fans have given themselves a self-imposed season long ban Scouse :greengrin

The football isn't pretty and fans of course are entitled to grumble and moan. Leigh was daft and it was another rush of blood after scoring a quite excellent goal.....yep, there can be no argument that he should have been wrapping the arms around the teammates and not giving the fans the bird.....but he is young, impetuous, very very eager to please us, and he absolutely no doubt takes stick a wee bit personally. We (the fans) know that, and from the Rangers game we know he is prone to this......so I was merely questioning why we as a support direct abuse, some of it unnecessary and vile, at our own player, regardless of whether he has a temper or not.

I sat in amongst Dunfermline fans recently and was particularly impressed at their constant support of their team, when being gubbed......yes much of it was comical singing, but they didn't have veins popping out their necks at Keddie being utterly useless at centre half, or Barrowman hitting the corner flag with a shot.

In a way the Hibs support is like the team at present. We fear the worst rather than go to games in a confident mood (or positive mood). Goal gets conceded, the teams heads go down, but so do the fans' heads. I recall last season when Hearts scored at ER to make it 1-0 at the 2-2 derby. Immediately the ball was in the centre circle, the Hibs fans, to a man, cheered and sang and started an atmosphere. The players responded immediately to it.....it was visible and tangible. That is what we should be focusing on from now til end of season. Getting right behind the lads and voicing it more positively.

For me, once Pat Fenlon gets in a couple of experienced leaders, players who not only the team but the fans can bond with, then we will notice a change in attitudes in the stands. The team lacks that real captaincy in all areas of the park.....the spine of the side needs experience and wise heads. Get a couple of talkers into the side that Leigh, DW and Hanlon can listen to and aspire to be like........that will transfuse into the support. Oh for a Sauzee and a John O'Neill/Stuart Lovell.......players of that ilk who teach the young guns as well as play alongside.

:agree: Good post, pretty much agree with all of that.

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2012, 07:21 PM
It was probably born out of frustration, but it was stupid and classless, we need all our players available for ALL matches, not sitting in stand, due to an act of petulance

BEEJ
10-01-2012, 07:24 PM

If it's your view that normal, acceptable crowd responses to poor passages of play were what prompted LG's outburst on Saturday and that is true, then I suggest he needs to consider his future in the game.

I think it's much more than that.

Ultimately we will get the team we deserve.

nortonhibby
10-01-2012, 07:28 PM
I think he'd be wasting his time - Griffiths' gesture was defo bookable. It's a pure pain in the erse that he'll miss the next round of the cup. Hopefully he NOW learns his lesson.
Do we really want players like him representing the proud name Of Hibernian FC He gave us the supporters who pay his wages the gesture and told us where to go i cant recall any other player of our club doing this i know Wolves had said they dont want him any more neither should we after this petulance he obviously is a head case :pfgwa

DaveF
10-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Well how far should the club take this then. What would you like to see done to make a proper example of this player?

Clearly he's too emotionally charged to cut it in the cauldron that is ER these days. So we may as well send him back to Wolves now.

Come on BEEJ, you are being daft now. I've never stated I want the club to make a 'proper example' of him, however I can't see the manager being too happy if this ban is accepted. What's clear is that Griffiths ignored (intentionally or not) whatever words Fenlon had with him after the Rangers ban and so he'll now have to face whatever awaits him for this latest ban.

He needs to mature and quick. You'll acknowledge that surely?

Dave, you made clear on your thread on the PM Board on this topic that you had taken LG's gesture personally. You felt that it was directed at you and all the other members of the Hibs support on Saturday.

I think you are perhaps misquoting me here. I don't recall saying I took it personally or even took offence. It did though, feel as if were directed at the whole support, rather than just the abusers and therefore could be, and has been, taken badly by a number of fans.

Despite what you may feel, this is not a reponse to fans muttering FFS under their breath, groaning, sighing, tutting, whistling or all manner of ways that football supporters have over the years expressed disappointment during a match.

It's a puerile response to supporters who choose to vent their spleen at the team or at individual players, usually doing so very pointedly and in a complete rage. A truly remarkable phenomenon when the target is your own player.

I take your point but I feel this group of supporters are not as large in number as some make out. However all that has been covered in the previous thread on negative fans.

DaveF
10-01-2012, 07:34 PM
If it's your view that normal, acceptable crowd responses to poor passages of play were what prompted LG's outburst on Saturday and that is true, then I suggest he needs to consider his future in the game.

I think it's much more than that.

Given the support we have all given the club \ team over the last years (since SUABC etc) do we now have the team we deserve :wink:

mca
10-01-2012, 07:34 PM

:top marks :thumbsup: :agree:

Beefster
10-01-2012, 07:46 PM

I wish folk would stop spouting this as if the failure is down to us being a crap support. We get the team that the manager builds with, in the main, the money we use to fund the club.

Considering that we pay more than most other SPL supports, we definitely don't get the team we deserve.

BEEJ
10-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Come on BEEJ, you are being daft now. I've never stated I want the club to make a 'proper example' of him, however I can't see the manager being too happy if this ban is accepted. What's clear is that Griffiths ignored (intentionally or not) whatever words Fenlon had with him after the Rangers ban and so he'll now have to face whatever awaits him for this latest ban.

He needs to mature and quick. You'll acknowledge that surely?
I have done - in my earlier posts I have referred to his actions as infantile and puerile and understand completely why the club will have to take some form of action (again).

I don't know how much more clearly I can express that point of view.

However, having done so I was still apparently taking the matter 'lightly'. So I was wondering what form of punishment we should call for in order to be seen to be treating this with the seriousness it deserves.

I think you are perhaps misquoting me here. I don't recall saying I took it personally or even took offence. It did though, feel as if were directed at the whole support, rather than just the abusers and therefore could be, and has been, taken badly by a number of fans.
Why then even mention in post #34 that you muttered FFS at his sclaffed shot? He would have to have had super-hearing to take that comment to heart.

I take your point but I feel this group of supporters are not as large in number as some make out.
It just takes a few very loud people with brass-neck and attitude to get the required response.

Russ
10-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Playing devils advocate here, but this also may be the reminder our support needs to be positive towards the players rather than abusive. Not saying what Leigh did was smart at all, but they are human beings who happen to be employed as footballers.....would any of you like someone unknown to you, walk into your workplace and thereafter question your workrate, parentage, skill and throw in expletives in amongst it ?

The support needs to improve, just as much as the team do in my honest opinion....sorry to say that, but for me it is the case.

Leigh is young, he will make rash mistakes. Just like Scott Brown was, like Thommo was, and to a certain extent Derek.....all of them good players though. Fenlon will deal with it correctly....I like Leigh having attitude, just needs to be channeled a wee bit better.

I totally agree mate, the ones who should be punished are the clowns shouting the abuse at their OWN players, total tea pots and the team can do without them. He showed passion with what he did and it shows he cares. I wasn't at the game but it must've been some bad abuse he was getting for him to do what he did These clowns that are shouting the abuse are the ones that need to grow up, we need to give our players our total backing from the first whistle to the last, when the games over is the time to make feelings known if that's your thing.

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 07:49 PM
I wish folk would stop spouting this as if the failure is down to us being a crap support. We get the team that the manager builds with, in the main, the money we use to fund the club.

Considering that we pay more than most other SPL supports, we definitely don't get the team we deserve.

:agree: Some folk have completely lost track with the real situation and think they can put a handle on the fans as being the actual problem!

BEEJ
10-01-2012, 07:54 PM
:agree: Some folk have completely lost track with the real situation and think they can put a handle on the fans as being the actual problem!
And some folk jump on a few recent posts and draw simplistic conclusions all too quickly.

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 07:57 PM
And some folk jump on a few recent posts and draw simplistic conclusions all too quickly.

Nothing recents about those type of posts mate, been banging on about them for weeks.

Mikey
10-01-2012, 08:10 PM
It's a "Notice Of Complaint".

Anyone want to own up?

Albion Hibs
10-01-2012, 08:36 PM
The most concerning thing about this for me is the fact that less than 20 minutes into a game one of our own players has had that much abuse from his OWN fans that he is reacted in this way.

You may argue that he should not react in this way regardless, however, I dont think he gets paid to take abuse, he gets paid to play football, quite why that means we feel we can shout whatever we want is beyond me.

Eyrie
10-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Was he stupid doing it just after the Huns incident? Yes.

Are the morons who think supporting Hibs means yelling abuse at the team even more stupid? Undoubtedly.

The difference is that Griffiths will hopefully learn from this, whilst the boo boys will continue with their selfish antics to the detriment of our team.

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 08:42 PM
The most concerning thing about this for me is the fact that less than 20 minutes into a game one of our own players has had that much abuse from his OWN fans that he is reacted in this way.

You may argue that he should not react in this way regardless, however, I dont think he gets paid to take abuse, he gets paid to play football, quite why that means we feel we can shout whatever we want is beyond me.

Abuse or criticism? A Professional footballer can't deal with either oh dear desperate times indeed.

Elephant Stone
10-01-2012, 08:43 PM

A sarcastic cheer from the hun fans was enough to draw that reaction from him, doing it to our fans doesn't necessarily tell you much about what was being done by our fans if he's suitably wound up by trivial stick like that.

Albion Hibs
10-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Abuse or criticism? A Professional footballer can't deal with either oh dear desperate times indeed.

Should he have to?

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Should he have to?

Yes or he won't last long in the game! Footballers get praised by fans when they do well and criticised when they don't it's been happening for years don't you know!

Albion Hibs
10-01-2012, 08:47 PM
A sarcastic cheer from the hun fans was enough to draw that reaction from him, doing it to our fans doesn't necessarily tell you much about what was being done by our fans if he's suitably wound up by trivial stick like that.

He was getting plenty of abuse from a group just next to the cameras, I can tell you that much, as was Ivan.

I think it paids a pretty bad picture when 1) our players react like this to our own fans 2) when they have no interest in celebrating with their fans.

We can all point the finger at Griffiths, as far as .net goes everything related to Hibs is always someone elses fault and responsibility to sort out.

There will come a time when sections of our support need to look at how the act towards the club.

Jim44
10-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Players have been getting abuse from the terracing as long as I've been going to matches. I'm not condoning it but it's something a pro footballer has to learn to live with. As arguably our most important forward he has seriously jeapordised our chances of progressing in the Cup. I would fine him at least one week's wages. I'm sick to the back teeth of players picking up punishments for gestures, removing tops to display puerile childish messages and for OTT goal celebrations. The least Griffiths can do is score a brace on Saturday without any gestures.

Albion Hibs
10-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Yes or he won't last long in the game! Footballers get praised by fans when they do well and criticised when they don't it's been happening for years don't you know!

Should they have to put up with being verbally abused of those that are there to "support" them?

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 08:50 PM
He was getting plenty of abuse from a group just next to the cameras, I can tell you that much, as was Ivan.

I think it paids a pretty bad picture when 1) our players react like this to our own fans 2) when they have no interest in celebrating with their fans.

We can all point the finger at Griffiths, as far as .net goes everything related to Hibs is always someone elses fault and responsibility to sort out.

There will come a time when sections of our support need to look at how the act towards the club.

And Ivan's response?

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Should they have to put up with being verbally abused of those that are there to "support" them?

See previous quote, exactly the same answer to the same question!

Dinkydoo
10-01-2012, 08:51 PM
I think the fans need to shoulder some of the blame here. This is a prime example of the negativity transferring from the stands onto the pitch and it having a detrimental affect on our club.

Before anyone starts I'm not suggesting it's all the fans fault, Griffths is responsible for his own actions, but we (as fans) are responsible for ours too.

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Players have been getting abuse from the terracing as long as I've been going to matches. I'm not condoning it but it's something a pro footballer has to learn to live with. As arguably our most important forward he has seriously jeapordised our chances of progressing in the Cup. I would fine him at least one week's wages. I'm sick to the back teeth of players picking up punishments for gestures, removing tops to display puerile childish messages and for OTT goal celebrations. The least Griffiths can do is score a brace on Saturday without any gestures.

:agree: Perhaps we should provide them with ear plugs poor souls how do they ever cope!

Elephant Stone
10-01-2012, 08:55 PM

You're right, but more so for Griffiths than the fans. How many fans travelled through and how many were shouting abuse? He scored an absolutely brilliant goal and instead of celebrating in front of some of the thousands who'd traveled through he chose to act like a spoilt, angry child and do a pathetic gesture towards the folk who shouted abuse. Given that he's done this before only a couple of weeks ago it looks like the latter role is maybe more to his taste and it looks to me like he's got his priorities all wrong in terms of interacting with the fans.

GreenCastle
10-01-2012, 09:05 PM
You're right, but more so for Griffiths than the fans. How many fans travelled through and how many were shouting abuse? He scored an absolutely brilliant goal and instead of celebrating in front of some of the thousands who'd traveled through he chose to act like a spoilt, angry child and do a pathetic gesture towards the folk who shouted abuse. Given that he's done this before only a couple of weeks ago it looks like the latter role is maybe more to his taste and it looks to me like he's got his priorities all wrong in terms of interacting with the fans.

If he was really pissed with the fans then the putting a finger up - like a shhhhhhhh gesture was better than the way he reacted.

Considering the same gesture got him his last ban - why again ?

LG and Doyle are going to make a good partnership and we need him playing - not sitting out games. I actually think LG has played much better last few weeks - Utd / Hearts and Saturday :agree:

There are so many ways to celebrate and doing what he did to his own fans who help pay your wages isn't the best idea - common sense...:rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
10-01-2012, 09:22 PM
I think we all need to accept Leigh was an Idiot despite his sense of injustice.
Only weeks after doing the same to away fans with only little provocation he does the same to his fans.
He did not select a small group of fans he made a gesture at only he knows who perhaps he can cofirm what was going on in his head.
I agree he should not be subject to abuse but if he cannot cope with a bit of abuse he is in the wrong game and has already made himself a Massive target for the boo boys amongst the away fans.

I hope he learns and moves on I have my doubts he will be able refrain from nonsense in future.

Dinkydoo
10-01-2012, 09:40 PM
As an aside; I hope the arse holes shouting abusing are learning from all of this as well.

It is only creating more problems.

Lang Toun Hibs
10-01-2012, 09:41 PM

Agree with you, this compliance officer nonsense is like something out of 1984. Football is a game of passion and emotion but the footballing authorities are doing their best to stamp this out. Crazy. There was a league cup game earlier in the season where a young Falkirk player scored a late equaliser at Tannadice and made a far more blatant GIRUY gesture and nothing was done. Had he deliberately done it to cause offence? No. He was merely delighted in putting one over on the opposition and keeping his team in the cup.

While I can accept that Griffiths should have known better given the previous incident against Rangers, I still feel that it is a ridiculous step to take to suspend him unless any Hibs fan has had any grounds for complaint...and given he had just banged one in from 25 yards I can't see that being the case.

Somebody else mentioned Skacel at Easter Road recently - sure, I wasn't happy about the third goal going in but to be honest, in the cold light of day his celebration made me smile...has the hatred amongst supporters/players of opposing clubs (yes, even them) got to the point where we can't have a bit of a laugh/banter?

To be quite honest, I have been far more offended by some of the dismal efforts made to defend or big Garry's falling over routine!

BEEJ
10-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Nothing recents about those type of posts mate, been banging on about them for weeks.
It's very recent for me. I'm all too aware of the failings elsewhere in the club.

Perhaps then I should draw from your contribution to this debate so far that you see no single Hibs supporter as having done anything wrong in the slightest? Not even one has stepped out of line in the part they have played in today's outcome?

Each and every one of them is entitled to do what they see fit as long as they are draped in the Hibs colours and have paid their money to get in to the game.

This polarising the debate malarkey is really easy, isn't it?

BEEJ
10-01-2012, 09:45 PM

If he was really pissed with the fans then the putting a finger up - like a shhhhhhhh gesture was better than the way he reacted.
Someone would still have have served a "Notice of Complaint".

How dare he respond at all.

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 09:49 PM
It's very recent for me. I'm all too aware of the failings elsewhere in the club.

Perhaps then I should draw from your contribution to this debate so far that you see no single Hibs supporter as having done anything wrong in the slightest? Not even one has stepped out of line in the part they have played in today's outcome?

Each and every one of them is entitled to do what they see fit as long as they are draped in the Hibs colours and have paid their money to get in to the game.

This polarising the debate malarkey is really easy, isn't it?

Draw from it what you like, I think I have made my feelings on this issue crystal clear, a clarity that should ensure that polarising is in fact not required!

Albion Hibs
10-01-2012, 09:59 PM
See previous quote, exactly the same answer to the same question!

So verbal abuse is fine. Where do you draw the line, is it acceptable to step beyond that....will it become acceptable to step beyond that. There have been plenty of incidents recently relating to abuse in football. Some far more extreme than others.

But you had made your line in the sand pretty clear.

erin go bragh
10-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Get out??? I suggest you need to grow up! The same thing could have been said about Alex Edwards would you have chased him for his petulance and not learning a lesson? He is a young laddie playing for the team he supports. Scores a great goal and then gives a GIRFUY to someone giving him pelters. Stupid, yes, undertsandable, yes. I like his attitude, he is one who wants to work hard for Hibs and wants to win. If he can stop the gestures he will do fine.

This :agree:

ggtth

Sammy7nil
10-01-2012, 10:04 PM
So verbal abuse is fine. Where do you draw the line, is it acceptable to step beyond that....will it become acceptable to step beyond that. There have been plenty of incidents recently relating to abuse in football. Some far more extreme than others.

Calm down the guy is being perfectly reasonable and has made his point.
Never once has he gone on about stepping beyond a few morons spouting abuse.

You need to get over this and accept Griffiths was VERY VERY stupid regardless of how unjust he felt the abuse from a small minority was.

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 10:05 PM

I think you will find that I mentioned in a previous post that criticism/abuse regarding performance and nothing else was what I was alluding to. The same criticism/abuse about performance levels that have existed from the terraces/stands for generations.

BEEJ
10-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Draw from it what you like, I think I have made my feelings on this issue crystal clear, a clarity that should ensure that polarising is in fact not required!
Only in your own mind, I'm afraid.

You kicked off with this:

But then you were quite happy to endorse this (typically) reasoned and balanced point of view from truehibernian:

:agree: Good post, pretty much agree with all of that.
So presumably the part highlighted was the one part of that post you disagreed with.

You think that fans can do no wrong. I believe there are a few who are sufficiently warped that they actually cause damage, and today's developments are testimony to that.

I'll leave it there.

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 10:11 PM

But then you were quite happy to endorse this (typically) reasoned and balanced point of view from truehibernian:

So presumably the part highlighted was the one part of that post you disagreed with.

You think that fans can do no wrong. I believe there are a few who are sufficiently warped that they actually cause damage, and today's developments are testimony to that.

I'll leave it there.

No I don't think that at all so yes you'd best leave it there as you're just not getting it are you?

Sammy7nil
10-01-2012, 10:20 PM

I'll leave it there.

I think the abuse is unacceptable however Leigh is very well paid to rise above the actions of a FEW thoughtless "fans".
Leigh is no use in the stand and it is all down to him he chose to react in the manner he did knowing exactly what the consequences would be. He could have respond in countless other ways he chose the wrong option AGAIN.

I was abused day in and day out by members of the public and had face to face threats of violence in my previous job if I had reacted like leigh I would have been disciplined by my employer Leigh should expect nothing less.

Lang Toun Hibs
10-01-2012, 10:34 PM
I think the abuse is unacceptable however Leigh is very well paid to rise above the actions of a FEW thoughtless "fans".
Leigh is no use in the stand and it is all down to him he chose to react in the manner he did knowing exactly what the consequences would be. He could have respond in countless other ways he chose the wrong option AGAIN.

I was abused day in and day out by members of the public and had face to face threats of violence in my previous job if I had reacted like leigh I would have been disciplined by my employer Leigh should expect nothing less.

Firstly, no he is paid to put the ball in the back of the net for our team, or assist others in our team to do so...we did not sign him on loan for his high moral standing!

Secondly, what was your job? - I could make a guess (Bouncer, Traffic Warden,Referee, SFA Complaince Officer...ex Hibs player?! Dave Beaumont..is that really you? Seriously, there is some potential in this - we could all have a go at guessing what your job was...how about a poll?! :greengrin

Lastly, lets all stop bickering and appreciate we have differing views on various things that happen - one thing unites us all together and that is our great football club so lets just get right behind the team on the park and help the club through this difficult time by doing whatever we can to show our support.

:hibees

Sammy7nil
10-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Firstly, no he is paid to put the ball in the back of the net for our team, or assist others in our team to do so...we did not sign him on loan for his high moral standing!

Secondly, what was your job? - I could make a guess (Bouncer, Traffic Warden,Referee, SFA Complaince Officer...ex Hibs player?! Dave Beaumont..is that really you? Seriously, there is some potential in this - we could all have a go at guessing what your job was...how about a poll?! :greengrin

Lastly, lets all stop bickering and appreciate we have differing views on various things that happen - one thing unites us all together and that is our great football club so lets just get right behind the team on the park and help the club through this difficult time by doing whatever we can to show our support.

:hibees

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Nice post one thing leigh is not and should not be paid for is to sit in the stand with the thoughtless fans, he is making a habit of it. :wink:

Franck Le God
11-01-2012, 01:14 AM
Leigh's been stupid here and he's been rightly punished. The problem I have is that so many Hibs 'fans' seem to be glad he's been punished.

hibbiedon
11-01-2012, 06:38 AM
Leigh's been stupid here and he's been rightly punished. The problem I have is that so many Hibs 'fans' seem to be glad he's been punished.

Thats what worries me most, maybe it eases their guilt because if they had supported the Team instead of abusing them this would never have happened, Every person has the right to go to work without the fear or risk of abuse, Hibs are failing in their duty as employers by not ensuring this

hibiedude
11-01-2012, 07:21 AM
There were fans on another thread saying Leigh was right in giving his own fans stick

The facts are Leigh is down for 1 match ban so can someone explain how that helps our position at the bottom of the league and struggling against lesser opposition in the SC.

It’s the 2nd time this guy has given hand gestures to the fans and twice banned :crazy:

Scouse Hibee
11-01-2012, 07:48 AM
Thats what worries me most, maybe it eases their guilt because if they had supported the Team instead of abusing them this would never have happened, Every person has the right to go to work without the fear or risk of abuse, Hibs are failing in their duty as employers by not ensuring this

Brilliant, comedy genius!!!!!

brog
11-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Let me summarise this thread & the action taken.
1. The fans were daft ( I agree )
2. Leigh was more daft ( I also agree ).
3. The action being taken is crazy & disproportionate ( my thoughts! ) Regardless of potential additional punishment I think Hibs should contest this ban. Who initiated the notice of complaint? Was it some jobsworth or some Yam sipping from his 2007 Tennents Super while watching highlights of their cup success? Can't imagine it was anyone the gesture was directed at.
As other posters have said, if punishments are consistent some teams will struggle to field 11 players in future!

Joe Baker II
11-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Unfortunately Griffiths has now encouraged fans of other clubs to continue winding him up (wait for Tynecastle in March if he has an error), professional players paid more than normal workers should frankly know better.

Have to say at ICT game recently some Hibs fans seemed primarily interested in giving him abuse (and I accept they have right to do this) when he was not doing that much wrong - though they were not near him so doubt he heard much of it.

basehibby
11-01-2012, 10:52 AM
There were fans on another thread saying Leigh was right in giving his own fans stick

The facts are Leigh is down for 1 match ban so can someone explain how that helps our position at the bottom of the league and struggling against lesser opposition in the SC.

It’s the 2nd time this guy has given hand gestures to the fans and twice banned :crazy:

I posted on that thread a couple of times - not saying that Leigh was right but definately sympathising with him.

And I'll state that bit again - Leighs gesture spoke for a lot of us in the stands who are sick and tired of having to listen to thoughtless gutless morons who effectively throw in the towel at the first sign of trouble by booing and undermining Hibs players as soon as they make a mistake or the team goes behind.

That said, his making a gesture which would obviously earn him a ban was very foolish indeed - he should expect a hefty fine from the club and should take it on the chin and pay us all back with some more goals.

brydekirk
11-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Don't agree with what he done but a minority of our fans have to take blame for his response.

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Don't agree with what he done but a minority of our fans have to take blame for his response.

Wotherspoon has taken his fair share of vitriol from the stands this Season, and he never celebrated his goal with a GIRUY to fans

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2012, 11:49 AM

Hibs team play crap, Hibs team criticised and player disnae like it. Hibs team do well, i know go with me, Hibs team applauded. Its how football panto has always been. Doesn't make it right, but here we have a player who's clearly not the brightest, or he would have learnt after the first time?

Some fans and Griffiths need to grow up, both are harming the club.

hibiedude
11-01-2012, 02:54 PM
I posted on that thread a couple of times - not saying that Leigh was right but definately sympathising with him.

And I'll state that bit again - Leighs gesture spoke for a lot of us in the stands who are sick and tired of having to listen to thoughtless gutless morons who effectively throw in the towel at the first sign of trouble by booing and undermining Hibs players as soon as they make a mistake or the team goes behind.

That said, his making a gesture which would obviously earn him a ban was very foolish indeed - he should expect a hefty fine from the club and should take it on the chin and pay us all back with some more goals.

Leigh was brought in on Loan to help save our season not sure how he's going to do that being suspended.

I have watched over the last few weeks the Manchester and old firm Derbies where players get dogs abuse which dosen't seem to effect how they play.

Are you saying the abuse is worse at Easter road with a smaller crowd that it is at Manchester and Glasgow.

Albion Hibs
11-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Wotherspoon has taken his fair share of vitriol from the stands this Season, and he never celebrated his goal with a GIRUY to fans

He also never celebrated his goal with the fans....is there a picture forming here?!

There is a real problem with sections of our fans, it has grown and booing is the new cheering for many of them. Going 1 nil down on saturday was not good. But for me we had 89 mins to get behind the team and back them to a win, and get into the next round of the cup. The reality is for many in the 2nd minute of a game they elected not to do this and instead boo the team.

I dont think Griffiths was being "criticised" as many would like to believe. It is clear he was taking a bucket load of "abuse" there is a difference, and too many seem far to keen to make us believe it is the former.

Is it now the case that as a club we have progressed from the leagues boo-boys to verbally abusing our own players?

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2012, 03:48 PM
He also never celebrated his goal with the fans....is there a picture forming here?!

There is a real problem with sections of our fans, it has grown and booing is the new cheering for many of them. Going 1 nil down on saturday was not good. But for me we had 89 mins to get behind the team and back them to a win, and get into the next round of the cup. The reality is for many in the 2nd minute of a game they elected not to do this and instead boo the team.

I dont think Griffiths was being "criticised" as many would like to believe. It is clear he was taking a bucket load of "abuse" there is a difference, and too many seem far to keen to make us believe it is the former.

Is it now the case that as a club we have progressed from the leagues boo-boys to verbally abusing our own players?

Agree with above, and in no way am I defending anyone who boos, but the critism is born out of frustration, at the same guys, making the same mistakes week in, week out..............The atmosphere at ER is not great and tends to have a poisonous air about it, with some waiting on a player making a mistake.....

GreenCastle
11-01-2012, 04:13 PM
According to Jane Lewis -STV on Twitter - he is to contest the SFA ban - the case will be heard tomorrow.

If he loses....does he get an extra game ?

woodyhfc4892
11-01-2012, 04:20 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=721&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=9132

Rejected the one game ban.

Sammy7nil
11-01-2012, 04:34 PM
"Annex C, Offence A5: Offensive, Insulting or Abusive Language and/or Gestures. "

Based on that he must have a right chance of winning the appeal :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

Why appeal ? what will his defence be he was looking at his watch ?

yekimevol
11-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Hibernian are to contest a one-match suspension offered to striker Leigh Griffiths for a gesture aimed at supporters of the Edinburgh club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16496190.stm

nortonhibby
11-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Hibernian are to contest a one-match suspension offered to striker Leigh Griffiths for a gesture aimed at supporters of the Edinburgh club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16496190.stm
2 games ban looms which other game will he miss ?RP Don Teflon does it again:pfgwa

BroxburnHibee
11-01-2012, 09:20 PM
2 games ban looms which other game will he miss ?RP Don Teflon does it again:pfgwa

What the hell are you on about!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen you continually post this pish - any chance you'll give it a rest?

Sir David Gray
11-01-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm a bit unsure how Hibs can accept the ban that he got for his gesture against Rangers and yet contest this ban, when he's done exactly the same thing. :confused:

RIP
11-01-2012, 11:12 PM
So what is some of us abuse the players in green and white?
So what if we are undermining our own players?
So what if it demoralises them and helps us get relegated?
So what if our players are so sick of us they walk off at the end of matches without acknowledging their supporters?

So what if the next person who abuses a Hibs player at a match get's a big size 11 rammed up his hole?

So what?

Hibs07p
12-01-2012, 06:29 AM
So what if our players are so sick of us they walk off at the end of matches without acknowledging their supporters?

So what if the next person who abuses a Hibs player at a match get's a big size 11 rammed up his hole?

So what?

So what the are you slavering about?

Beefster
12-01-2012, 06:41 AM

So what?

Didn't Section 43 upset Sodje and his family by singing offensive songs based on racial stereotypes? If so, I'm not sure folk should be heading for the moral high ground quite so readily.

RIP
12-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Didn't Section 43 upset Sodje and his family by singing offensive songs based on racial stereotypes? If so, I'm not sure folk should be heading for the moral high ground quite so readily.

Ye can stick yet moral high ground where the sun don't shine where were you hiding when we looking for volunteers to show a red card to racism. It wisnae you that stopped the Sodje song it was me and my mates

How come I'm suddenly responsible for everyone in the Singing Section

GreenCastle
12-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Lost his appeal - 1 game ban stands :rolleyes:

Beefster
12-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Ye can stick yet moral high ground where the sun don't shine where were you hiding when we looking for volunteers to show a red card to racism. It wisnae you that stopped the Sodje song it was me and my mates

How come I'm suddenly responsible for everyone in the Singing Section

I'm not the one constantly trying to be the Behaviour Police whilst hardly being whiter than white myself.

Bayern Bru
12-01-2012, 12:06 PM
And the bigots who abused Fenlon on Saturday get off scot free.....,

Mainly because Fenlon chose not to follow it up.

Bayern Bru
12-01-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm a bit unsure how Hibs can accept the ban that he got for his gesture against Rangers and yet contest this ban, when he's done exactly the same thing. :confused:

Rangers game was more high profile perhaps...?

I'm struggling too, to be honest. Unless the defence was "I've been playing in front of those b**tard fans for weeks and they're never off my back..." :greengrin

Bayern Bru
12-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Pat Fenlon says Hibs appealed Griffiths' ban to try and have him available for next game, not because he was necessarily innocent.

silverhibee
12-01-2012, 12:15 PM

So what?

So what have you not stopped drinking since the New Year or something.

Albion Hibs
12-01-2012, 12:25 PM
more to the point what about the mugs that were chucking abuse at the boy, what happens to them? Also would be keen to know how this ended up reported, if it is the ref fair enough. If it was one of the "fans" they should be dragged into the middle of the street and shot.

Scouse Hibee
12-01-2012, 12:38 PM
more to the point what about the mugs that were chucking abuse at the boy, what happens to them? Also would be keen to know how this ended up reported, if it is the ref fair enough. If it was one of the "fans" they should be dragged into the middle of the street and shot.

At last..............Jeremy Clarkson blows his cover on.net :-)

Beefster
12-01-2012, 12:47 PM

Presumably the Compliance Officer saw it on TV / reported in the media. Im sure that's how he normally picks up his 'cases'.

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 12:55 PM

:greengrin

Albion Hibs
12-01-2012, 01:08 PM

:top marksI will admit that even I had a laugh at that one!!

I can assure you I am not Tory, English or at all interested in cars!!

Bad Martini
12-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Heard on radio Scotland Fenlon has apparently told griffiths he won't play for hibs until he sorts this problem of his out I.e. arguing with supporters. Fair dues. I respect that.

Manager has balls and whilst knowing we need griffiths also knows he needs to learn discipline cause that's how it works when you're paid to play Fitba.

Hopefully he learns quick smart cause other than behaving like a bit of a dick, it was one ****ing faker of a goal the laddie scored and we need that right now.

ENDOF

DaveF
12-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Heard on radio Scotland Fenlon has apparently told griffiths he won't play for hibs until he sorts this problem of his out I.e. arguing with supporters. Fair dues. I respect that.

Manager has balls and whilst knowing we need griffiths also knows he needs to learn discipline cause that's how it works when you're paid to play Fitba.

Hopefully he learns quick smart cause other than behaving like a bit of a dick, it was one ****ing faker of a goal the laddie scored and we need that right now.

ENDOF

How does he show he's sorted the problem if he doesn't play him :confused:

Bad Martini
12-01-2012, 05:02 PM

Dunno mate. Ye need to ask the wee gadge that one. Maybe he will just ken, thru training, instinct and a lil' bit of magic :greengrin

I dunno but I think he's right. Ye canny keep getting bans and have nae aggro for it.

DaveF
12-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Dunno mate. Ye need to ask the wee gadge that one. Maybe he will just ken, thru training, instinct and a lil' bit of magic :greengrin

I dunno but I think he's right. Ye canny keep getting bans and have nae aggro for it.

Maybe he'll have the youth players dish out abuse to Griffiths in training and watch the reaction :greengrin

bruno
12-01-2012, 05:04 PM

ENDOF
If this is true allied with other decisions he's taken over the last couple of weeks indicates a man who is strong determined and ruthless. I think those casualties will be left in no doubt what the manager thinks of them. I also presume he has a number of targets to replace those he's getting rid of. Time will tell how his other management and coaching credentials stand up but this has to be a positive start.

The_Todd
12-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Pleased with Paddy's stance on Griffiths. Yogi would have been all David Brent pally with him and Colin Calderwood would have muttered something about Nottingham Forest. Paddy is publicly being firm with a misbehaving player. About time some sort of authority was being stamped around Easter Road and East Mains.

Scouse Hibee
12-01-2012, 06:01 PM

Let me watch him in 3 closed door games and I'll test his resolve :wink::greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Pleased with Paddy's stance on Griffiths. Yogi would have been all David Brent pally with him and Colin Calderwood would have muttered something about Nottingham Forest. Paddy is publicly being firm with a misbehaving player. About time some sort of authority was being stamped around Easter Road and East Mains.

Spot on..........:top marks

Jim44
12-01-2012, 09:05 PM
I take it that's Griffith's out of the Dunfermline game. I can't understand why Hibs challenged the 'offer' of a one match ban if Fenlon thought he was guilty and publicly expressing his anger at him.

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 09:10 PM
I take it that's Griffith's out of the Dunfermline game. I can't understand why Hibs challenged the 'offer' of a one match ban if Fenlon thought he was guilty and publicly expressing his anger at him.

Is it not the Cup game he is out for?

I'm_cabbaged
12-01-2012, 09:13 PM

Nodding head smiley

Sir David Gray
12-01-2012, 09:18 PM

Yes.

He'll miss the next round of the cup against either Kilmarnock or Dundee.

He'll be available for Saturday.

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Yes.

Hope to have another striker in by then.......Fingers crossed

Sir David Gray
12-01-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm very impressed with how Fenlon has handled this situation and it's the first very positive sign that I've got from him.

We can't afford to be having our best players picking up suspensions every couple of weeks for acts of utter stupidity and I just hope that Griffiths now takes this warning on board.

Jim44
12-01-2012, 09:29 PM

Nodding head smiley

Yes.

I'm well aware that the ban is for the Cup game. My statement was based on Fenlon saying that he won't play for Hibs again until he proves he can behave. I assume he can't prove that tomorrow so he'll be dropped against Dunfermline. :dunno:

RIP
12-01-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm not the one constantly trying to be the Behaviour Police whilst hardly being whiter than white myself.

You clearly don't know me if you are using the word police in connection with my football activities :greengrin

But how would you know I'm not whiter than white? Are you stalking me?

I'm only a radge at the fitba

BEEJ
12-01-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm well aware that the ban is for the Cup game. My statement was based on Fenlon saying that he won't play for Hibs again until he proves he can behave. I assume he can't prove that tomorrow so he'll be dropped against Dunfermline. :dunno:
It was a final warning message, Jim.

Basically PF has now spoken to LG twice about this behaviour - if it happens again, he'll be dropped. That's how I interpreted it.

The club appealed because there was nothing to be lost from doing so and, I would imagine, hoping that the unusual circumstances (own fans) might give LG a case for the defence.

The_Todd
12-01-2012, 09:50 PM
The club appealed because there was nothing to be lost from doing so and, I would imagine, hoping that the unusual circumstances (own fans) might give LG a case for the defence.

I thought a spurious appeal automatically results in a longer ban?

BEEJ
12-01-2012, 09:55 PM
I thought a spurious appeal automatically results in a longer ban?
Not in this new system, apparently. Or for incidents of this nature .....

... something like that.

I read it somewhere..... Don't ask. :greengrin

GreenCastle
12-01-2012, 09:56 PM

ENDOF

I saw the interview on t.v and said exactly that - glad Fenlon isn't messing around as authority and leadership is needed at the club and LG needs to get his head down and keep scoring for us :agree:

Jim44
12-01-2012, 09:58 PM
It was a final warning message, Jim.

Basically PF has now spoken to LG twice about this behaviour - if it happens again, he'll be dropped. That's how I interpreted it.

Fair enough. My interpretation of the comment on this thread was that he was going to have to somehow show his 'improved behaviour' before playing in another game for Hibs. The ball's in his court now.

Sir David Gray
12-01-2012, 10:05 PM

"He's got to learn quickly or he's not going to play," said Fenlon.

"If that is what is going to continue throughout the season, then he's not going to play because I can't have players that are going to be suspended on a regular basis."

It looks to me as if he's saying that he's simply giving Griffiths a warning that if he continues to make these gestures then he'll be frozen out of the team.

I don't think he's said that he won't play for Hibs again until he proves he can behave. I certainly haven't read that quote from him.

frazeHFC
12-01-2012, 10:05 PM

:hilarious

Desperate Dan has totally confused me (:greengrin), so Griffiths can play on Saturday, and is out of the next cup match?