PDA

View Full Version : Youth Players..

JACK_HFC
10-01-2012, 02:41 PM
After a very poor run and lack of effort in our team, why are'nt we giving the younger players that have came through our ranks a shot?
Our youth sqaud has been great for years and near enough every decent player that gets promotted sits on the bench for a while then binned! We have released players that were highly rated and apparently had so much potential.. Whats the point?

I'd stick 11 of them out.. couldnt be much worse than what we currently watch

Mikey
10-01-2012, 02:46 PM
The guys that have been binned, what have they gone on and done?

hibs0666
10-01-2012, 02:50 PM
I'd stick 11 of them out.. couldnt be much worse than what we currently watch

Oh yes they could.

stanton10
10-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Oh yes they could.

Explain,

le bill
10-01-2012, 03:37 PM
After a very poor run and lack of effort in our team, why are'nt we giving the younger players that have came through our ranks a shot?

"YOU DON'T WIN ANYTHING WITH KIDS!"

:wink:

Andy74
10-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Explain,

Quite easy. They are under 19s and have experince so far of mainly playing against under 19s. Thery need to be added in gradually.

Exceptionally some of these young guys may be ready and if that is the case then they get some time in the squad and ultimately the team. Any manager would be mental to leave good players out for no reason.

Every time we have a poor team it's the same chat - get the under 19s in, they couldn't be worse. Well, they could, a lot worse. Some of the first team might look poor in the SPL but they'd rip up the under 19 league!

We've got the likes of Caldwell and Stanton around the squad and when they show they are the best option on the day they will be in.

BEEJ
10-01-2012, 04:40 PM
The U-19s did skelp an Alloa first team on Saturday, mind. :cb

Stantons Angel
10-01-2012, 05:08 PM
I think i am inclined to agree with both sides of the story here.

After the awful run of games we have had all season, i too have wondered why we have not seen any u19s in the team?

Then i sit at Easter Road and i listen to all the Boo Merchants and i understand why they are not being thrown in at the deep end..................

As another poster has pointed out some of these lads are skilled and seem good prospects but have only experience in the u19 leagues against others of their own age.
Throwing them in now they would either sink or swim, as they say.

One wrong pass would probably start off the boos again, this would sap the spirit of the lads and maybe make them just as apprehensive as the present first team players!
All their confidence would go and what should have been a proud moment for them, stepping into the first team, becomes a big disaster!

Why? because we the Hibs' supporters have only negativity in mind. I agree the situation we find ourselves in is awful, that the team itself is awful and we are all paying good money to watch an awful brand of football. BUT we are all Hibs supporters and yes we are going through it just now, but is this negativity not getting on your nerves as well as mine?

The young players would be demoralised playing in this atmosphere and i for one would not want the extra pressure, the Boo Boys would add to the situation, landing on such young shoulders.

As the manager today has admitted, its proving troublesome attracting new players when our present position does not look good and the media has made a meal of the supporters turning on the team. So please lets get behind them, good or bad they are playing in the colours of HIBERNIAN so lets support them!

ballengeich
10-01-2012, 05:57 PM
The young players would be demoralised playing in this atmosphere and i for one would not want the extra pressure, the Boo Boys would add to the situation, landing on such young shoulders.

I agree. The people who've just brought a reaction from Griffiths for which he's got a one game ban could do even more harm to the less experienced players.

The_Todd
10-01-2012, 09:08 PM
If it were the end of the season and we were floating safely around mid table then yes I'd start introducing them. As it is, we're in a relegation scrap and the last thing I'd want to do to the U19s is heap that sort of pressure on them.

Hibs90
10-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Still baffled as to why we released David Crawford. He looked pretty promising. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt us.