PDA

View Full Version : Yams Vlad starts selling up.

Spike Mandela
10-01-2012, 12:54 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/hearts_owner_to_cut_losses_on_old_bank_building_1_ 2046269

Seveno
10-01-2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/hearts_owner_to_cut_losses_on_old_bank_building_1_ 2046269

Article claims that Vlad is ready to lose up to £10m on this disastruous investment. Sweeties compared to his other Edinburgh investment of course.

Bye Vlad, it has been great fun knowing you. :not worth

Matty_Jack04
10-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Can't wait for the guy to go to get rid of all these (yams) threads be fine if we where a position to laugh but come on ... It takes a mighty brass kneck to laughing at the fortunes of others when we're in such a state

Mikey
10-01-2012, 01:16 PM
It takes a mighty brass kneck to laughing at the fortunes of others when we're in such a state

Why's that then?

heretoday
10-01-2012, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't say that we are "in a state" exactly. It's always a struggle for Hibs but at least we are solvent. Ish.

It's only a matter of time before Hearts get an absolute tanking from us.

Craig_in_Prague
10-01-2012, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't say that we are "in a state" exactly. It's always a struggle for Hibs but at least we are solvent. Ish.

Re. your username... Do you by any chance have a Yam mate or family member, that has the next piece, as theirs? :greengrin

Jay
10-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Can't wait for the guy to go to get rid of all these (yams) threads be fine if we where a position to laugh but come on ... It takes a mighty brass kneck to laughing at the fortunes of others when we're in such a state

I was talking to a yam the other day and he was going on about the state of the two edinburgh clubs. he said if we could meet somewhere in the middle we would have two great clubs. I disagreed, he wasnt chuffed :greengrin Granted I would take their current league position and some results but what would you give up for that?

Financially we are one of the most stable clubs in Scotland, they defo are not
We are a family club with decent values, the yams publicly supported Thomson and others
We have a great stadium and will have for years to come, theirs might not last the next heavy shower!
We have a solid base in Farmer and Petrie with other long standing board members, okay some dont agree with their actions but you cant deny we have a solid foundation, the yams have Romanov and his son with whoever they can collude with.
We work with the SFA etc instead of ranting about mafia, Mowgli and the monkeys.
There are probably many more things which others can add as we go but honestly what would you give up to gain their current league postion because lets face it they are only there through debt and corruption.

We are in a pickle on the park yes, but its fixable, it will take time and I think Fenlon might be the man to do it if we are patient enough. I never ever thought that about Calderwood, Hughes or Mixu.

The yams are in a bigger pickle and I cant see who or how its as fixable as our trouble.

I wouldnt give anything to be even a tiny wee bit more like them.

So I'll laugh away quite happliy :greengrin

Big Frank
10-01-2012, 01:39 PM

Seems Romanov has been blowin smoke up everyones *****, boy on the link posts that he paid £4m in 2007 for this gig, and not £20m.

Wind and piss. 5 years ! You've got to hand it to him :faf:

easty
10-01-2012, 01:54 PM

Maybe so, I'll no be holding my breath for that though.

heretoday
10-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Re. your username... Do you by any chance have a Yam mate or family member, that has the next piece, as theirs? :greengrin

Ha Ha! My wife's family are all Hearts supporters. Wonderful people.

When I was a kid my Dad used to take me to Tynie all the time. We went in the stand because we were pretty well off. People used to smoke pipes in those days. Erinmore Flake. The aroma would follow you.

And yet, eventually, I found myself standing on a cold, massive, windswept Leith terracing with newspapers sticking to my legs and clutching my head in despair.

Why?

Godsahibby
10-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Why is this on the main board? Got F all to do with Hibs or football.

heretoday
10-01-2012, 02:10 PM

On the contrary, it has everything to do with Hibs.

MrSmith
10-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Oh well that'll be the homofc cooncil using public funds to buy his failed investment then!? If they were canny enough they might get it for the princely sum of three weeks wages.

Spike Mandela
10-01-2012, 02:52 PM

Why are you on thread? It clearly stated it wasn't about Hibs or football.:rolleyes:

Hibernia Na Eir
10-01-2012, 02:58 PM
it was purchased for more than that :)

Judas Iscariot
10-01-2012, 03:00 PM

Shotty its the http://mcguff1.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/thread_police.gif

1950's hibbie
10-01-2012, 03:02 PM
I have just read an article in the Evening News where Pat Fenlon if I understand what he is saying is having a problem signing players because of our league position, this in fact affects me more than some idiot selling a building.

Spike Mandela
10-01-2012, 03:06 PM
I have just read an article in the Evening News where Pat Fenlon if I understand what he is saying is having a problem signing players because of our league position, this in fact affects me more than some idiot selling a building.

I have just read an article in the Scotsman about the Euro crisis this affects me more than any football related matter. Doesn't mean i can't talk about anything else.:greengrin:wink:

Thecat23
10-01-2012, 03:10 PM

:faf::faf:

jonty
10-01-2012, 03:11 PM
According to the land register it was bought for 4million, and 38-52 west register street for 2.5 million.

(from www.ourproperty.co.uk (http://www.ourproperty.co.uk)) From what i've seen on it in the past, it's been accurate.

Peevemor
10-01-2012, 04:31 PM

:top marks

Big Frank
10-01-2012, 05:03 PM
:top marks

Dont know whats better, "shotty" or the car! :faf:

nortonhibby
10-01-2012, 05:09 PM

Article claims that Vlad is ready to lose up to £10m on this disastruous investment. Sweeties compared to his other Edinburgh investment of course.

Bye Vlad, it has been great fun knowing you. :not worth

yes i get this geezers cunning plan now by at the top market price, then let said building lie empty and deralict for 5 years then sell it for half he paid for it.
:na na:

frazeHFC
10-01-2012, 05:40 PM

:hilarious

Gettin' Auld
10-01-2012, 05:53 PM

:tee hee:

Matty_Jack04
10-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Why's that then?

Have a look at the league position our club finds itself or maybe cast ur mind back to the derby performance where those unpaid painter decorators soon to be jobless ****s tore us a new ring.
That's why, we're *****e and 20 odd points behind that lot and still we're laughing at something that may no even happen lets face it it's 'been on the cards' since clad took over

Matty_Jack04
10-01-2012, 05:56 PM

How many points u get for being solvent ish?

Winston Ingram
10-01-2012, 07:59 PM

Behave yersel

Cropley10
10-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Anyone know when the Fire Sale at Tynecastle starts?

fatbloke
10-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Anyone know when the Fire Sale at Tynecastle starts?

Aint gonnae happen. My mole tells me that Skacel talking to HOMOFC about staying.

PatHead
10-01-2012, 11:45 PM
On BBC Reporting Scotland they showed a twitter message showing that.

Cropley10
10-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Aint gonnae happen. My mole tells me that Skacel talking to HOMOFC about staying.

:agree: Rumours on twatter that he'd already agreed to stay.

I can't see anyone who is any good leaving either.

fatbloke
10-01-2012, 11:48 PM
On BBC Reporting Scotland they showed a twitter message showing that.

Missed that must have been a slow news day or mibby they just wanted one story different to STV.

PatHead
10-01-2012, 11:52 PM
More likely they couldn't find enough Rangers and Celtic stories to fill the space.

Pete
10-01-2012, 11:56 PM
:agree: Rumours on twatter that he'd already agreed to stay.

I can't see anyone who is any good leaving either.

Stay until when? Is he not only contracted until the end of january?

Cropley10
11-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Stay until when? Is he not only contracted until the end of january?

End of the season.

huggie1875
11-01-2012, 01:01 AM
End of the season.

His deak is up end of january also his twitter says he wants to stay but fans must understand he cant stay to sit on the bench so take what you will from that

Craig_in_Prague
11-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Wages are due on Monday?

Be interesting if they delay this pay.

easty
11-01-2012, 01:25 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2085005/300-Foxcon-staff-Xbox-360-plant-China-threaten-mass-suicide-pay.html

Hopefully they dont get this serious down Gorgie way

greenginger
11-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Wages are due on Monday?

Be interesting if they delay this pay.

Yeah, but today was the day the SPL ordered the Yams to pay the players any outstanding interest on late payments and any other costs incurred by the players ( It will be a fortune if they've all borrowed from Wonga ):greengrin

Monts
11-01-2012, 01:49 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2085005/300-Foxcon-staff-Xbox-360-plant-China-threaten-mass-suicide-pay.html

Hopefully they dont get this serious down Gorgie way

That is mental! :panic:

I'm_cabbaged
11-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Yeah, but today was the day the SPL ordered the Yams to pay the players any outstanding interest on late payments and any other costs incurred by the players ( It will be a fortune if they've all borrowed from Wonga ):greengrin
Been paid according to forth one news.

Spike Mandela
11-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Been paid according to forth one news.

And here......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16516934.stm

Andy74
11-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Paying the sums due before action doesn't mean they have the cash, it's just to maximise whatever they can now get.

It would be poinltess getting into a psition where the players walk away or they get fined or points taken off.

It's all just short term getting funds in in the hope that during the month they can punt one or two then release the ones they haven't managed to punt.

It's clear though that this can only go on for a very short term period as the outside cash will be stopped.

Spike Mandela
11-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Accelarating the sale of the bank building should ease cash flow for UBIG in coming months I would imagine.

GreenCastle
11-01-2012, 05:18 PM
16th of January will be the next test - 3 months in a row they have been late - will it be 4 ? :confused: :titanic:

greenginger
11-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Accelarating the sale of the bank building should ease cash flow for UBIG in coming months I would imagine.

If the process is just starting it will be a minimum of 3 months before Vlad sees any cash. If the buyer wants to secure planning permission before settlement it would take about 12 months.

Cropley10
12-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Any updates on the pending Fire Sale &/or collapse of Hearts?

Steve20
12-01-2012, 11:57 AM
I still think another one or two will leave, but there was never going to be the amount that people were saying a month or so ago.

Albion Hibs
12-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Even if Vlad does pap off the office building that no-one really wants there is nothing to say the cash would be going into hertz. I would suggest he is more likely to pocket the dosh or use it to keep his bank afloat. Either way he has purchased based on £20m and will be lucky to see £10m in return therefore all this is doing is realising a loss, therefore surely more bad news for the mad one...such a shame.

Springbank
12-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Hearts will tell the world all is rosey. But that all changes after midday on 31jan when the window closure starts being imminent. I smell bargains galore that day (but not before)

Spike Mandela
12-01-2012, 05:38 PM
More assurances about January pay.....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11790/7424794/Hearts-players-assured-over-pay

Green_one
12-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Never been all that sure about this 'mass clear out at Tynecastle' . Basically most players are on contracts to at least the end of the season, on probably good terms and certainly unlikely to easily find similar elsewhere.

So Hearts either sell them, talk them into going or have to hold onto them. Buying them off will be expensive in the short term. Anything else is messy.

I am happy to watch Hearts sit with a huge squad sucking up wages. Vlad is simply p**** away whatever he gets on his sale of the ex bank premises. This must really be hurting him.

I do not understand if Skacel stays. Hearts should be booking players taxis if they are ending their contracts in January. :confused:

Kaiser1962
12-01-2012, 06:37 PM

According to their own interested "consortium", as reported in the Herald, they were due to fall into a "financial abyss" two days ago.

ScottB
12-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Sorry, but them paying up everything now is actually worse in a way.

It is clear beyond any doubt that not paying them was simply a choice, as when it comes to the crunch, miraculously the cash appears. Not that the authorities will do anything of course...

greenlex
12-01-2012, 07:13 PM

Players will need to be punted to pay the wages. When's payday?

Cropley10
12-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Players will need to be punted to pay the wages. When's payday?

Monday.

greenlex
12-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Monday.

I reckon we could see movement before the weekend then. In fact if Feddywhatsusface is saying they will be paid on the day or the day after a deal must be done. Expect news tomorrow maybe.