PDA

View Full Version : Riordan to sign for Kille

Pages : [1] 2

SteveHFC
10-01-2012, 12:24 AM
DEREK RIORDAN could be set for a stunning SPL return with Kilmarnock.

SunSport understands free agent Riordan trained with Killie yesterday and is in line to play for them today in a bounce game against Rangers.
The ex-Celtic and Hibs star quit Chinese club Shaanxi Chan-ba in November after just four months, making nine appearances and scoring one goal.
It's believed Killie boss Kenny Shiels — with the full backing of chairman Michael Johnston — is hopeful of agreeing an ambitious deal until the end of the season.
Riordan, 28, made his name at Easter Road over a five-year spell in which he became one of the SPL's most prolific goalscorers.
Celtic boss Gordon Strachan signed him for £150,000 in 2006, but it was to be an ill-fated two years at Parkhead.
Riordan quickly became disillusioned with a bit-part role in the Hoops. A bitter public attack on Strachan led to a return to Hibs in 2008 where he stayed until moving to China.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4049578/Killie-keen-on-Derek-Riordan.html#ixzz1j0hFmo9c

Sir David Gray
10-01-2012, 12:26 AM
This has "disaster" written all over it as far as the Scottish Cup's concerned. :rolleyes:

LeithBoozy
10-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Falkirkhibby, I came on to say the same thing, is it a case of great minds think alike, or fools seldom differ LOL.:greengrin

smurf
10-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Nothing to worry about with all the experts within our support saying he's not good enough etc.

In a perverse kind of way you kind of wish he'd shut a few within our own rank up...:greengrin

hibee92
10-01-2012, 12:52 AM
The sun understands... Since when?

Heckys Wheel
10-01-2012, 12:54 AM
"Ambitious deal"????

I think they are about each others level now.

He'll get them a few goals, it'll be carnage on here when he scores but ultimately I don't think this is all that bad. If we had a decent defense I'd certainly be confident of how to deal with him. Whether the chuckle brothers in the middle and laurel and hardy outside them can cope with him is another matter altogether. They didn't do too well against 2nd division opposition on Saturday.

steakbake
10-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Have to say that I have enjoyed his goals at ER. However, having him back for a third time would suggest that as a club, we're happy to be a port in the storm for a fan's favourite every time things don't work out. Hibs don't owe Riordan a living.

I wonder of he'll ever look back and think whether he's really fulfilled the potential of his undoubted talent?

basehibby
10-01-2012, 01:26 AM
This has "disaster" written all over it as far as the Scottish Cup's concerned. :rolleyes:

:agree: It's a scary thought - the script is all too easy to read.

That said I can't help thinking that maybe both Riordan and Hibs need to move on - Deeks seemed to be stagnating somewhat at Hibs before his departure and we weren't seeing the best of him - would it be any different if he came back for a third stint?

He can bring goals and a touch of class but as we all know can also be a bit of a passenger sometimes which is the last thing we need. He'd no doubt be an improvement on Galbraith for example but at the same time I'd feel like we were going round in circles.

It's a conundrum but my gut feeling is that Deeks is not what we need right now - here's hoping Fenlon has some targets up his sleeve who will fit the bill for taking the team forwards.

GreenPJ
10-01-2012, 03:29 AM
Nothing to worry about with all the experts within our support saying he's not good enough etc.

In a perverse kind of way you kind of wish he'd shut a few within our own rank up...:greengrin

So presumably if he doesn't come back to haunt us then you will admit that the club were right not to take on a punt on him?

Iain G
10-01-2012, 04:01 AM
Do we not have enough wasters, poor attitudes and lazy players in the current squad without bringing another one back? :confused:

Derek proved in his 2nd spell at Easter Road that he is no longer the fantastic talented player he was the first time around and couldnt make the same impact in games he used to be able to, hardly time to consider brining him back for another go at it...good luck to him at Killie but we have to move on and get players into that team willing to bust a gut every game to get us out of the relgation mire.

Hibrandenburg
10-01-2012, 05:41 AM

Makes me wonder who you support, DR or Hibernian FC?

Heckys Wheel
10-01-2012, 05:47 AM

I've always wondered why some people take criticism of riordan so personally. It is like they'd rather see Hibs lose if it meant riordan proving his doubters wrong.

Weird

Northernhibee
10-01-2012, 06:42 AM
Riordan is at his best when getting quality service to his feet, something we've not delivered this season.

I'm more excited to see if Nutsy's found the next Deek in Eoin Doyle.

Gmack7
10-01-2012, 06:43 AM

cmon dundee

Barney McGrew
10-01-2012, 07:14 AM
I think it's generally expected that a footballer around the age of 28 would be at the peak of their ability. Deek is looking likely to sign with Killie.

It's a shame, but you wonder just how far he could have gone in the game if he had gone somewhere else apart from warming the bench at Parkhead when he left Hibs. He's been a fantastic player, with a great talent for playing football but he should really be at a better level than Killie at this stage in his career.

Hibrandenburg
10-01-2012, 07:23 AM
Wish Derek good luck and success with whatever he decides to do. I just wish he'd stop using Hibs as his mum's pinny everytime he falls on his face.

Deek, thanks for the memories and you'll be held in high esteem by a whole generation of Hibbies, but it's time to fly the nest for good.

Booked4Being-Ugly
10-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Yep, Killie are about Riordan's level - 7th in the league with top 6 ambitions, well rid! :rolleyes:

vanNISHtelroy
10-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Good news if true IMO. MJ surprising us all by showing ambition and taking a gamble on making the top six....

H113EE5
10-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Good news if true IMO. MJ surprising us all by showing ambition and taking a gamble on making the top six....

Wonder if he'll kiss their badge. After all it has two raised fingers on it. Well shot of him

smurf
10-01-2012, 08:04 AM

Oh obviously DR.....

In my lifetime supporting out club not many have contributed more than DR.

bighairyfaeleith
10-01-2012, 08:34 AM
If he goes to Killie then I hope he does well, has given me lots of good memories playing for hibs and I would like to see him playing again as he is too young to be out of the game. All this well shot of him nonsense is just a bit disrespectful and not something we should lower ourselves too IMO. Good Hibs player in his day but time for Hibs and Riordan to move on, simple as that.

If he knocks us out of the scottish cup though:devil:

DC_Hibs
10-01-2012, 08:45 AM

Pervert.

More like so you can say "I told you so" you drama queen.

I heard he was going to join HJK Helsinki. Well he is finnish after all.

one day maybe...
10-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Riordan is only 28 ffs, whether he will finally put his head down and concentrate on his career or not is another thing, but at 28 the guy should not be finished, he was an outstanding goalscorer and if he can find anywhere near that sort of form then he will be an asset to any SPL team. Me personally! I think Hibs could have offered him training facilities, not saying he should have got to train with the first team squad, just to look at him and establish what kind of desire he had to get himself back in the game, short contract to the end of the season with an option to extend. At 28, all I'm saying his career is not over.

PeeKay
10-01-2012, 09:02 AM
I think Riordan would do very well at Killie, and may even do us some damage. But I do not think he would do so well if he re-signed for Hibs, so I won't be eating my heart out with "what ifs".
Surprised nonetheless, seeing as he left Hibs because he was bored of the SPL. Also surprised that he is the sort of player that Sheils would want in his team.

Betty Boop
10-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Gutted ! :boo hoo:

lucky
10-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Both Hibs and Deek need to move on. He scored goals for us and did well. But choose to move on twice. He is now trying re build his career at a smaller club. Good luck to him but as fans its time to let go

Spike Mandela
10-01-2012, 09:18 AM
It's like seeing your favourite ex girlfriend with a new guy. You know you both have to move on but you hate seeing them together. You also hate to let your mind wander and think of all the possible things they could get up to together.:greengrin

soupy
10-01-2012, 09:20 AM
It's like seeing your favourite ex girlfriend with a new guy. You know you both have to move on but you hate seeing them together. You also hate to let your mind wander and think of all the possible things they could get up to together.:greengrin

Like it :-)

Frazerbob
10-01-2012, 09:25 AM
I thought riordan was looking for new challenges away from the SPL?

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Thought he was bored with the SPL?

I love how the panic is setting in with some folk!!!

The_Exile
10-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Would be gutted if he signed for another SPL side, he's 28 now, so still young, am I right in saying he has a family now and a wee one? That more often than not makes people knuckle down and apply themselves better, not just in work but life etc. Might have been worth having a few meetings with him, see where his head is at, showing Fenlon some highlight reels of what he's capable of! If the above applies to Deek he could be returning to his best at the right time in his career, time will tell I guess, good luck to him wherever he goes, just not in games against us!

easty
10-01-2012, 09:34 AM
He'll be a quality signing for Killie, and he'll do well for them. Could be the difference between top 6 and bottom 6 for them.

vanNISHtelroy
10-01-2012, 09:36 AM
He'll be a quality signing for Killie, and he'll do well for them. Could be the difference between top 6 and bottom 6 for them.

Hope so!

JimBHibees
10-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Would rather he moved to another (less boring :greengrin) league however if he plays well for Killie so be it. He was here last season and personally thought he was very poor in a poor team. IMO better for Hibs and Deek for him to play somewhere else. Him coming back for a 3rd time would IMO be embarressing for both parties.

Fenlon is just in the door so should be allowed to pick his own players and build his own team.

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 10:16 AM
I think it's generally expected that a footballer around the age of 28 would be at the peak of their ability. Deek is looking likely to sign with Killie.

It's a shame, but you wonder just how far he could have gone in the game if he had gone somewhere else apart from warming the bench at Parkhead when he left Hibs. He's been a fantastic player, with a great talent for playing football but he should really be at a better level than Killie at this stage in his career.

:confused:

Where did you hear that about, oh yeah right The Sun. :rolleyes:

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Wish Derek good luck and success with whatever he decides to do. I just wish he'd stop using Hibs as his mum's pinny everytime he falls on his face.

Deek, thanks for the memories and you'll be held in high esteem by a whole generation of Hibbies, but it's time to fly the nest for good.

Dereks not asking to come back and play at Hibs.

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Wonder if he'll kiss their badge. After all it has two raised fingers on it. Well shot of him

Kiss the badge, he doesn't even play for them auld yin.

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 10:24 AM
I think Riordan would do very well at Killie, and may even do us some damage. But I do not think he would do so well if he re-signed for Hibs, so I won't be eating my heart out with "what ifs".
Surprised nonetheless, seeing as he left Hibs because he was bored of the SPL. Also surprised that he is the sort of player that Sheils would want in his team.

He is only training there, remember its the Sun that are running the story, or does that not matter when it comes to Deek.

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Both Hibs and Deek need to move on. He scored goals for us and did well. But choose to move on twice. He is now trying re build his career at a smaller club. Good luck to him but as fans its time to let go

You keep saying this, he left once, no contract was offered when he left the second time.

skyehibee
10-01-2012, 10:36 AM

Haha brillant! :thumbsup:

Beefster
10-01-2012, 10:39 AM
You keep saying this, he left once, no contract was offered when he left the second time.

Are you saying that he wanted to stay? He said that he was bored of the SPL and was offered what seems to have been, by all accounts, a fantastic deal in China. Doesn't sound like he was likely to have signed a new contract at Hibs (on realistic terms).

Expecting Rain
10-01-2012, 10:51 AM
We should be focused on bringing new faces to Easter Road, players that will give us a better balance and shape, we need to move on instead of pinning our hopes on one individual who talented as he is wasn`t the same player second time around.

Thecat23
10-01-2012, 10:54 AM
This will prob end up 10 pages long.. Guys he wasn't that great last time round we all seen this. Yes the team were poor but a player like Derek should have done much better. Why can't we move on from the ex player cr@p? He's not with Hibs and if i'm honest i couldn't care less who he plays for. I think he was a fantastic player first time round but not anywhere near it second.

He's moved on maybe it's about time we did as well, and let Pat bring in the next deek or a player hungry like he was first time.

Believe it or not there are other players out there you know other than ex hibs players.

Hibernian Verse
10-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Silver, I have to say I love how you can confirm or deny rumours. Puts everyone's hysteria into perspective! :agree:

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Are you saying that he wanted to stay? He said that he was bored of the SPL and was offered what seems to have been, by all accounts, a fantastic deal in China. Doesn't sound like he was likely to have signed a new contract at Hibs (on realistic terms).

We will never know since nothing was offered Mr Beefster.

The china deal came along and he took that end of story really. :aok:

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 11:07 AM
This will prob end up 10 pages long.. Guys he wasn't that great last time round we all seen this. Yes the team were poor but a player like Derek should have done much better. Why can't we move on from the ex player cr@p? He's not with Hibs and if i'm honest i couldn't care less who he plays for. I think he was a fantastic player first time round but not anywhere near it second.

He's moved on maybe it's about time we did as well, and let Pat bring in the next deek or a player hungry like he was first time.

Believe it or not there are other players out there you know other than ex hibs players.

Second spell at hibs.

First season top goal scorer.

Second season, second top goal scorer after Stokes and Deek played LM and got 17 goals and about 12 assists and helped the club get in to Europe.

Third season, started of well had a poor second half to the season but still finished top goal scorer.

Thecat23
10-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Second spell at hibs.

Second season, second top goal scorer after Stokes and Deek played LM and got 17 goals and about 12 assists and helped the club get in to Europe.

Third season, started of well had a poor second half to the season but still finished top goal scorer.

He can score no doubt silver. But i think we should be looking at other players now. I'm not having a go at him, but he wasn't great last time and i didn't think he worked hard enough. I hope he does well but i'm happy we haven't went back in for him.

one day maybe...
10-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Second spell at hibs.

Says it all really!!

Would still have liked Hibs to have had a look at Derek it training, mainly because at 28 this prolific Hibernian goal scorer ain't finished yet, IMO.

Judas Iscariot
10-01-2012, 11:15 AM

Well where are all these excellent other players out there?

Deadwood was utterly incapable of finding any and filled our team with *****, our best player this season according to some is LS, who wasnt able to get a look in for the last 3 years but now, due to the team being laden with plsh, he's a guaranteed starter!

Jeez oh!

Anyway, who says all these decent other players, which the last manager couldnt find, would actually want to come to us? We're 1 point of the bottom of the table, relegation looming, squad full of plsh?

The assumption on this board that good players will sign for us for plshy wages "just cos its Hibs" is laughable..

Motherwell, St J, Killie etc are all better options to guys with no allegience!

This side is completely devoid of any talented, technically gifted players with a bit craft and creativity but we should steer clear of someone like Riordan because he's an ex player?

We have scored the least amount of goals in the whole entire SPL this season but some on here wouldnt take 1 of OUR and the SPL's all time top scorers back?!

Who's currently our top scorer?

Oh aye, O'Connor, another EX player :rolleyes:

We're staring relegation in the face, goals will keep us up, Derek Riordan scores goals and is a free agent...

Sign him up!!!!!

Last Minute
10-01-2012, 11:15 AM
He is only training there, remember its the Sun that are running the story, or does that not matter when it comes to Deek.

Om the BBC site now, playing for Killie today in a bounce game v Rangers, with a view to signing until rest of season? :bye:

Big Frank
10-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Second spell at hibs.

Oi silver!! Stop letting facts get in the way of a deeks (the new flag) debate!!!

Dont ya know he's finished, lazy, past it, has a terrible attitude, kills babies and likes marmite etc etc......

Gaun yersell Hibernian Legend, would rather you pulled on the famous greenjersey once more (Paddy would get the best of him imho), rather than Kilmarnock.... Kilmarnock ffs

nortonhibby
10-01-2012, 11:23 AM

You can almost Write the Script now.

Thecat23
10-01-2012, 11:26 AM

Deadwood was utterly incapable of finding any and filled our team with *****, our best player this season according to some is LS, who wasnt able to get a look in for the last 3 years but now, due to the team being laden with plsh, he's a guaranteed starter!

Jeez oh!

Anyway, who says all these decent other players, which the last manager couldnt find, would actually want to come to us? We're 1 point of the bottom of the table, relegation looming, squad full of plsh?

The assumption on this board that good players will sign for us for plshy wages "just cos its Hibs" is laughable..

This side is completely devoid of any talented, technically gifted players with a bit craft and creativity but we should steer clear of someone like Riordan because he's an ex player?

We have scored the least amount of goals in the whole entire SPL this season but some on here wouldnt take 1 of OUR and the SPL's all time top scorers back?!

We're staring relegation in the face, goals will keep us up, Derek Riordan scores goals and is a free agent...

Sign him up!!!!!

Look i'm not a scout but i do have faith in Pat to bring in talent in this window. the boy Doyle looks a player and a couple more then we will be on the right road.

I don't think he would help us after watching him the 2nd time at ER that's just me. you think he will fair do's. But he's not coming so lets move on. O'Connor has done well yeah but even he's not kicked a ball in weeks now. Sproule? yeah that's worked out really well eh? :rolleyes:

Players will come to Hibs and it remains to be seen if they will get us out this mess we are in. But i'd rather a new player than a player who looked like he couldn't be bothered last time and we can't afford that just now.

southfieldhibby
10-01-2012, 11:30 AM
So, whilst Riordan is available and looks like signing for Killie, we're stuck with the wretched coward Danny Galbraith on our left wing.I know who I'd prefer playing there.

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 11:45 AM

Jeez oh!

Sign him up!!!!!

You forgot to mention the Pars have a gane in hand over us to. :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
10-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Look i'm not a scout but i do have faith in Pat to bring in talent in this window. the boy Doyle looks a player and a couple more then we will be on the right road.

I don't think he would help us after watching him the 2nd time at ER that's just me. you think he will fair do's. But he's not coming so lets move on. O'Connor has done well yeah but even he's not kicked a ball in weeks now. Sproule? yeah that's worked out really well eh? :rolleyes:

Players will come to Hibs and it remains to be seen if they will get us out this mess we are in. But i'd rather a new player than a player who looked like he couldn't be bothered last time and we can't afford that just now.

From what i saw of him in his 2nd spell he'd be a dam sight better than what we have now..

As Silver posted earlier..

Second spell at hibs.

Third season, started of well had a poor second half to the season but still finished top goal scorer

His last season was poor by his standards but was still the clubs top scorer even though he was injured a fair bit and the fact he scored fewer goals that season than any other is not a coincidence that the Hibs team he was in was utterly terrible!

So do you mean 2nd spell or last season? Cos he scored almost 40 goals in that "crappy" 2nd spell...

Right now we could have Derek on the left rather than Galbraith, utter no brainer for me!!

As for Sproule, yes he's not been as good as some expected but he's chipped in with a few goals, assists and has been better than the previously mention Galbraith, along with jokers like Thornhill, Agogo, Sodje etc and they're "New not ex players"

I know for a fact Derek was anything but "not bothered" as most pro's do bother, but by you're own logic almost all this current squad are "not bothered" either by the level of performance some of these guys deliver weekly..

I'd rather have someone who looks "not bothered" but can score goals and produce buts of magic like nobody else in the league can rather than a bunch of talentless, no hoping no scoring clowns that seem to be "not bothered" too...

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Om the BBC site now, playing for Killie today in a bounce game v Rangers, with a view to signing until rest of season? :bye:

Who said it, Deek, someone from Killie or just the bbc, is there any quotes from anyone as i cant find the link.

Thecat23
10-01-2012, 11:49 AM
From what i saw of him in his 2nd spell he'd be a dam sight better than what we have now..

As Silver posted earlier..

Second spell at hibs.

Third season, started of well had a poor second half to the season but still finished top goal scorer

His last season was poor by his standards but was still the clubs top scorer even though he was injured a fair bit and the fact he scored fewer goals that season than any other is not a coincidence that the Hibs team he was in was utterly terrible!

Right now we could have Derek on the left rather than Galbraith, utter no brainer for me!!

As for Sproule, yes he's not been as good as some expected but he's chipped in with a few goals, assists and has been better than the previously mention Galbraith, along with jokers like Thornhill, Agogo, Sodje etc and they're "New not ex players"

I know for a fact Derek was anything but "not bothered" as most pro's do bother, but by you're own logic almost all this current squad are "not bothered" either by the level of performance some of these guys deliver weekly..

I'd rather have someone who looks "not bothered" but can score goals and produce buts of magic like nobody else in the league can rather than a bunch of talentless, no hoping no scoring clowns that seem to be "not bothered" too...

First thing i want to say here is I do agree with the Galbraith thing. Also the players that brought in have been poor. Thornhill is a good player he's been injured though. The rest gash. But they aren't Pat's signings so i'm happy for him to bring in new faces to lift us out of this mess. We could go round in circles mate, i don't want Derek back you do. That's football! As long as we don't go down and bring in players that keep us in this league then Hibs will have done the right thing.

Leithenhibby
10-01-2012, 11:50 AM
I have got to say I'm not too worried about DR and Killie. :rolleyes: This/our club has been looking over it's shoulder at ex players for far too long now and it's time to change direction IMHO.

We have been going round and round in circles for about two years now and that has to stop. PF will/has looked over everyone now and I have the faith in him to put us in the right direction for the first time in years.

We as Hibernian fans have to support him (PF) and give him the backing that we can be so good at, sometimes :greengrin DR has been a huge player for us over the years, but it's time to start a fresh :agree: I wasn't up for G O'C to come back at the time, we just need to look at the bigger picture from now on.

PF has brought in Doyle and early indications would suggest that he may be just what we are looking for. I thought that he and LG looked as though they could cause teams problems given time. Not much time, but time :greengrin

GGTTH :wink:

Last Minute
10-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Who said it, Deek, someone from Killie or just the bbc, is there any quotes from anyone as i cant find the link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16479968.stm

Argylehibby
10-01-2012, 12:09 PM
We will never know since nothing was offered Mr Beefster.

The china deal came along and he took that end of story really. :aok:

Silver, do you know if Derek was asked by the club what he was looking for financially at any stage prior to him leaving 2nd time around?

jdships
10-01-2012, 12:18 PM
We should be focused on bringing new faces to Easter Road, players that will give us a better balance and shape, we need to move on instead of pinning our hopes on one individual who talented as he is wasn`t the same player second time around.

Thanks for a common sense post :thumbsup:
Yes DR will score goals for Killie , probably against us, but in the wider picture should we not be accepting he left of his own accord to better himself and/or to get away from trouble which seems to follow him.
Yesterdays man in my book
LET'S MOVE ON

:rolleyes:

Leithenhibby
10-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks for a common sense post :thumbsup:
Yes DR will score goals for Killie , probably against us, but in the wider picture should we not be accepting he left of his own accord to better himself and/or to get away from trouble which seems to follow him.
Yesterdays man in my book
LET'S MOVE ON

:rolleyes:

:agree: 100%, lets :wink:

.Sean.
10-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Aye we're well shot right enough. Rooted in the bottom two and cannae score for toffee yet some numpties are turning their noses up at a player that's scored in excess of 100 goals in this league. Deary me.

Mikey
10-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Aye we're well shot right enough. Rooted in the bottom two and cannae score for toffee yet some numpties are turning their noses up at a player that's scored in excess of 100 goals in this league. Deary me.

The numpties don't have any choice in the matter, it's the manager who has the say so.

IWasThere2016
10-01-2012, 12:33 PM

I'd be fine with that if:

a) He wasnae better than we have (but he is)
b) We werenae in a hole (but we are - thus we need players better than we have)
c) He wasnae a match-winner (but he is)

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Deek on record as saying he thought SPL was stale and he wanted a fresh challenge..... What makes anyone think he would resign for us or any other SPL side for that matter?

Thecat23
10-01-2012, 12:37 PM

So I'm a numpty because i think we need fresh faces in the team? Sean get a grip pal. Respect other people's opinions as most folk are doing.

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2012, 12:40 PM

Deary me, calling your fellow supporters numpties...... I for one don't want DR to resign, and I was attending matches before you were born, guess Im a numpty:rolleyes:

KeithTheHibby
10-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Second spell at hibs.

Kinda says it all for me.

Statistics and hard facts will always hold more value than someones opinions.

Hope it works out for him if he does end up at Killie.

Beefster
10-01-2012, 12:41 PM

Pat Fenlon's a numptie?

KeithTheHibby
10-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Deek on record as saying he thought SPL was stale and he wanted a fresh challenge..... What makes anyone think he would resign for us or any other SPL side for that matter?

That quote was at least 6 months ago.

Perhaps for him the grass isn't greener on the other side?

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2012, 12:44 PM

Players and managers talk out their erse, its practically written into their contract. So do some fans. :wink:

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 12:45 PM

Cheers, couldn't see any quotes from anyone there that he is signing to the end of the season with Killie.

Seems KS was impressed with Derek in his first day of training though.

SRHibs
10-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Wouldn't want him back, and Killie are welcome to him - I'm almost certain he'll be a resounding failure there. Hibs are his boyhood heroes and he didn't exactly come across as the most enthusiastic player in his time here. Can't imagine he'll be the most motivated player in the world, and now that he's lost his pace, I don't think he'll be terribly hard for defences to deal with.

Good luck to him though.

degenerated
10-01-2012, 12:51 PM
I predict a 10 pager with smurf hoping he scores the winner against us in the cup, tqm blaming it on Petrie/Lindsay only being willing to offer 3 and sixpence a week with a bit of coal as a signing on fee, silverhibee posting loads of winking smilies :greengrin and joe baker II demanding the next cup game being played at murrayfield.

Time for us all to move on, riordan was a fantastic player for hibs but is no longer here. The club don't seem to want him and the player said himself he was bored with spl football.

Lets give whoever fenlon does sign and the ones already here who do play the same support deek gets and we'll improve no end :aok:

Barney McGrew
10-01-2012, 12:53 PM

Where did you hear that about, oh yeah right The Sun. :rolleyes:

So it's not likely then?

I don't believe for a minute that he's just down there to train, I'm sure there's other clubs closer to where he stays that would have offered training facilities if that's all he was looking for surely :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2012, 12:54 PM
That quote was at least 6 months ago.

Perhaps for him the grass isn't greener on the other side?

Of course that is true, but his weekly wage was massive in China, if he had stuck it for a year or so, he would have been financially sound, maybe money is not an issue for him, and wants to return back to Scotland after all...

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Players and managers talk out their erse, its practically written into their contract. So do some fans. :wink:

Out these fans Gary:greengrin

MSK
10-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Aye we're well shot right enough. Rooted in the bottom two and cannae score for toffee yet some numpties are turning their noses up at a player that's scored in excess of 100 goals in this league. Deary me.Unbelievable !!! typical over reaction as per usual on here ...do hibs want him ?..has Fenlon publicly shown an interest in re-signing him ? ..if no why are you spouting the ****ing numpties pish ?

As soon as Riordans name is mentioned on here its the usual ...:paranoid: ....:panic:.....

IWasThere2016
10-01-2012, 01:00 PM
I predict a 10 pager with smurf hoping he scores the winner against us in the cup, tqm blaming it on Petrie/Lindsay only being willing to offer 3 and sixpence a week with a bit of coal as a signing on fee, silverhibee posting loads of winking smilies :greengrin and joe baker II demanding the next cup game being played at murrayfield.

Time for us all to move on, riordan was a fantastic player for hibs but is no longer here. The club don't seem to want him and the player said himself he was bored with spl football.

Lets give whoever fenlon does sign and the ones already here who do play the same support deek gets and we'll improve no end :aok:

I doubt we'll offer THAT much! PETRIE!!! :grr:

:wink: :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Out these fans Gary:greengrin

I'm too modest mate, ah sod it, all of us. :greengrin

Saorsa
10-01-2012, 01:03 PM
I doubt we'll offer THAT much! PETRIE!!! :grr:

:wink: :greengrinhttp://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/tachescrooge.gif

steakbake
10-01-2012, 01:06 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/tachescrooge.gif

Beautiful...

smurf
10-01-2012, 01:20 PM

If you were funny you would make a good comedian...

Of course I hope he doesn't score the winner against us if he lined up against us. However, if he's read some of the nonsense written on here against him, you couldn't blame him, if he was highly motivated to do so...

KeithTheHibby
10-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Of course that is true, but his weekly wage was massive in China, if he had stuck it for a year or so, he would have been financially sound, maybe money is not an issue for him, and wants to return back to Scotland after all...

I don't know for certain but that team perhaps wanted shot of him. They have went out and signed Anelka and are in the market for Drogba so perhaps they were keen to punt him anyway?

bawheid
10-01-2012, 01:29 PM
If you were funny you would make a good comedian... :Ummm:

Of course I hope he doesn't score the winner against us if he lined up against us. However, if he's read some of the nonsense written on here against him, you couldn't blame him, if he was highly motivated to do so...

"In a perverse kind of way you kind of wish he'd shut a few within our own rank up..."

ALF TUPPER
10-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Happy for you Derek. Killie are a good club and I'm sure Kenny Shiels will give you a chance there to show some of the undoubted natural talent you clearly have.
Celtc ruined you son IMO and you were never the same player after your spell in Glasgow. Hope you can learn to enjoy your football again . You might go on to bigger and better things but always remember youre one if us. No-one can take Hibernian out of the boy.

All the best Deeks !

One more thing.... Can you feign injury before every Hibs match.??
You really wouldnt enjoy scoring against us -particularly at Eastet Road.

Speedway
10-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Happy for you Derek. Killie are a good club and I'm sure Kenny Shiels will give you a chance there to show some of the undoubted natural talent you clearly have.
Celtc ruined you son IMO and you were never the same player after your spell in Glasgow. Hope you can learn to enjoy your football again . You might go on to bigger and better things but always remember youre one if us. No-one can take Hibernian out of the boy.

All the best Deeks !

One more thing.... Can you feign injury before every Hibs match.??
You really wouldnt enjoy scoring against us -particularly at Eastet Road.

He enjoyed it enough when he was at Ceptic.

If Deeks wants to sign for someone outside the SPL, he should wait a few months and then sign for us.

smurf
10-01-2012, 01:54 PM
:Ummm:

"In a perverse kind of way you kind of wish he'd shut a few within our own rank up..."

Yeah that wording and use of the word perverse suggests I really want him to score against us. Oh I really do...

jacomo
10-01-2012, 02:05 PM

:agree:

Given successive managerial failures at ER, you can understand Fenlon's reluctance to offer a contract to someone who'd provoke criticism every time he didn't start.

Still - seeing Henry's return to Arsenal last night proves that returning heroes can work. One of my favourite players at Hibs and wish things had worked out differently.

Jones28
10-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Give Doyle a chance to prove himself before bringing back ex players who are a shadow of their former selves. :aok:

His movement, touch and pace look much better than Riordans was this time last season. 1 start, 1 goal. Pretty decent record :greengrin

H113EE5
10-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Kiss the badge, he doesn't even play for them auld yin.

"Wonder if he'll kiss their badge" is a future tense based question, possibly even hypothetical, sonny boy. At 40 odd years old, you could have muddled through your Edinburgh Leaving Certificate or O level pass in basic English to understand this concept, then perhaps not!

Spike Mandela
10-01-2012, 03:02 PM
I like how Shiels wouldn't expect any defending out of him and would just use him in areas where he could hurt opposition.

Not forcing him in to midfield and stifling his attacking edge like we insisted on doing on his second stint. Killie stand to benefit greatly imo.

Leithenhibby
10-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Give Doyle a chance to prove himself before bringing back ex players who are a shadow of their former selves. :aok:

His movement, touch and pace look much better than Riordans was this time last season. 1 start, 1 goal. Pretty decent record :greengrin

Pretty much covers it for me :aok:

Leithenhibby
10-01-2012, 04:03 PM
I like how Shiels wouldn't expect any defending out of him and would just use him in areas where he could hurt opposition.

Not forcing him in to midfield and stifling his attacking edge like we insisted on doing on his second stint. Killie stand to benefit greatly imo.

I can't help but feel that a great deal of Hibbies have green tinted specks on...

One goal in China in 9 games, not exactly prolific :wink:

weecounty hibby
10-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I've seen all the stats and I've seen him play countless times and IMO it's not a big deal if he signs for someone else. He has been on a downward spiral since he left us first time and I think that will continue. As a free transfer, if Killie are his best option then that speaks volumes.

Judas Iscariot
10-01-2012, 04:47 PM
I can't help but feel that a great deal of Hibbies have green tinted specks on...

Would fit in well with our teams 19 goals in 21 games then eh

Hibeesmad
10-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Riordan won't sign for kilmarnock, the only reason he left Scotland was because of the football here! He will definitely won't go to turkey!

GreenCastle
10-01-2012, 05:11 PM
He played for Killie in a bounce game today against Rangers. Rangers won 4v1

Leithenhibby
10-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Would fit in well with our teams 19 goals in 21 games then eh

Yesterdays news, today's chip wrapper!! :wink:

It's just my take on this one and as I have stated, it's time to freshen everything up at ER. We need to make Hibernian FC more attractive in the long run. :wink:

No more quick fixes for me...

HibsMax
10-01-2012, 05:15 PM
I've thought about this some more and I originally found myself in the same camp as those who don't want him back. I didn't get to see DR playing so all I know of his performances, attitude, etc. is taken from here and I read some negative things about him second time around. I too want Hibs to be building for the future and I'm not sure DR is the answer but I believe that if he can do what he does best then he could be an asset for the rest of the season. If he wasn't commanding too much money then I say he's worth a punt for half a season. If he wanted too much then I think we should pass him over and use the money elsewhere. We know what we have at ER. We know what DR is capable of. Is Deek better than what we have? I'll assume that he won't be as prolific as he was before and also that he will put in a good shift.

Of course he would have to want to play for Hibs and Hibs / PF would need to want him.

All too often there's a feeling that when someone's performance dips they can't bounce back i.e., they're finished. Deek is only 28. The SPL is pish. Surely he can still make an impact?

I think he's worth a gamble (at the right price) but I won't be overly upset if he ends up somewhere else.

DH1875
10-01-2012, 05:19 PM
You just know this is going to come back and bite us in the arse, and I'm not talking Scottish cup. Killie won't finish top 6 so will be one of the teams we NEED to beat at the end of the season.

HibsMax
10-01-2012, 05:27 PM
You just know this is going to come back and bite us in the arse, and I'm not talking Scottish cup. Killie won't finish top 6 so will be one of the teams we NEED to beat at the end of the season.

To be fair, teams aren't having much difficulty scoring against us anyway so I'm not sure that DR playing for Killie will make that much of a difference.

ancienthibby
10-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Deeks NOT going to Killie according to our Chico.

Killie lost 4-1 in bounce game today and Deeks did not impress!

Captain Trips
10-01-2012, 06:37 PM

Just remember technically Doyle can in theory if has a good season sign a pre contract in 12mths time and 9/10s out of ten clubs sell. We may not even get a full season out of him and the 18mth deal is a worry.

I think DR will if given the chance peak again but I would look to be signing players now whom are in it for long haul.

Golden Bear
10-01-2012, 06:41 PM

Looks like he could be heading to a club in Turkey then. Or more likely, that will prove to be "Agent talk"

stokesmessiah
10-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Shiels just on reporting scotland saying if they sign him they will just put him in an area of the pitch where he can do damage and not expect him to do any defending.

I hope he doesn't sign on for them as i can see it coming back to haunt us.

Cabbage East
10-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Would love to have seen him back at the cabbage.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2012, 06:58 PM
I wish we'd sign him until the end of the season, i cant see any down side to that?

TowerHibs
10-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Shiels just on reporting scotland saying if they sign him they will just put him in an area of the pitch where he can do damage and not expect him to do any defending.

I hope he doesn't sign on for them as i can see it coming back to haunt us.

i saw this. I agree with what he said is the ideal way for Derek to play - dont defend, just get into areas that you can finish.

I genuinely think he would be a decent signing until end of the year, he would definately get goals no matter how rank we are. I suppose PF thinks Doyle will be this player. Most fans would not accept Derek back because we will need to battle and he won't. He will score goals in the SPL no matter who is at

Beefster
10-01-2012, 07:01 PM

If this is true and Killie pass on him, there will still be folk slaughtering Hibs for not signing him.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2012, 07:03 PM
i saw this. I agree with what he said is the ideal way for Derek to play - dont defend, just get into areas that you can finish.

We can't afford that luxury they way we play and the battle we're in

Well we disagree again, imo its down to having far too many battlers or grafters or in footballing terms sheite players who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. We have waved every player we have had recently with any class out the door.

We have turned into St Mirren/St Johnstone without the results.

TowerHibs
10-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Well we disagree again, imo its down to having far too many battlers or grafters or in footballing terms sheite players who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. We have waved every player we have had recently with any class out the door.

We have turned into St Mirren/St Johnstone without the results.

I do agree, had to eidt my post. deleted most of it by accident on my phone

Sammy7nil
10-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Griffiths and Doyle up front supported by Danny and Ivan

Would you swap one of them for Deek until the end of the season ?

No need to reply.

I'm_cabbaged
10-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Aye, if Danny and Ivan are supporting them from the east. ;)

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Silver, do you know if Derek was asked by the club what he was looking for financially at any stage prior to him leaving 2nd time around?

No dont know that, sorry.

HibeeSince85
10-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Just remember technically Doyle can in theory if has a good season sign a pre contract in 12mths time and 9/10s out of ten clubs sell. We may not even get a full season out of him and the 18mth deal is a worry.

I think DR will if given the chance peak again but I would look to be signing players now whom are in it for long haul.

You are worrying way too much about that, all your latest posts seem to be about this, he's played 100 mins of fitba for us mate.

If Doyle looks like he could be a good striker for Hibs and performs he'll be offered new terms at the end of the season. We may have a clause already in there.

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 08:30 PM

:agree: :greengrin :wink: :cb

SquashedFrogg
10-01-2012, 08:36 PM

No need to reply.

So why ask a question?

erin go bragh
10-01-2012, 08:37 PM

Deeks was getting played as the lone striker in china , hence the poor ratio .
Over 100 goals for us is prolific :wink:

ggtth

nortonhibby

I Doubt Deek or us fans would be happy if he scored the goal that put us down if that happened who would we blame:confused:

Teflon dodge a bullit.:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi

silverhibee
He played for Killie in a bounce game today against Rangers. Rangers won 4v1

He got an assist for the Killie goal. :greengrin

Sammy7nil
10-01-2012, 08:39 PM
So why ask a question?

Because I am a wee devil and a misichief maker :wink:

SquashedFrogg
10-01-2012, 08:39 PM
I Doubt Deek or us fans would be happy if he scored the goal that put us down if that happened who would we blame:confused:

Teflon dodge a bullit.:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi

But he won't so why worry :cb

Springbank
10-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Personal story, i know, but our band toured in Shanghai late 2011 (what a place btw) and we contacted Deek's agent about hooking up, bring some Hibby banter etc. He was a joy to deal with and couldn't do enough. Sorry it didn't work out and wish Deek all best (except for 90min v us)

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 08:47 PM

smurf
10-01-2012, 08:48 PM

Hibernian could face competition from Turkish club Kayserispor to sign forward Derek Riordan.

Petrie!:grr:

SRHibs
10-01-2012, 08:48 PM
First word of the article is an error. Nice, BBC.

derek0762
10-01-2012, 08:53 PM

"Hibernian could face competition" ??? BBC at their best again eh? lol

millarco
10-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Hope we don't sign him, very limited player and don't think he would contribute much. No doubting that technically he has so much ability, but he's only of use when we get the ball right to his feet in space in or around the box. The Riordan of old would be able to drop a shoulder and drift past defenders with ease, but he can't do that now. No pace, no trickery, no strength, no power.

For me he's always tended to play wide left, drifting out a lot during his first spell and staying there under Yogi. I don't think he can offer us much from there without being able to take a man on. Thought he slowed the play down quite a lot last season, with heavy touches inside. No doubt he still has the football brain on him, just don't think he has the physical attributes to match anymore. Can't play up front without someone alongside him. Ideally I'd like my forward players to have good movement and pace, being able to press high, beat players and link up well. For me he doesn't offer that. He had a decent record last time out, but as a team we certainly didn't.

I think he'd do well at Killie, in an organised team with decent creativity but no cutting edge. We don't have that kind of team, so think he would be pretty much a wasted jersey. Will be interested to see where he ends up and hope he does well (without it being detrimental to us), but even if he does well it doesn't necessarily mean that we were wrong to pass up on him.

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 09:42 PM
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/294845

Judas Iscariot
11-01-2012, 12:16 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/294845

Aye, we're well ****ed, as I said earlier!!

Who in their right mind wants to sign for us just now especially with the peanuts we pay?!

Still, according to this board, Deeks & Deano are no users and we'll find better players that will want to sign for us :faf:

Aye, ok :aok:

Heckys Wheel
11-01-2012, 01:59 AM

Who in their right mind wants to sign for us just now especially with the peanuts we pay?!

Still, according to this board, Deeks & Deano are no users and we'll find better players that will want to sign for us :faf:

Panic merchant.

Nailrod
11-01-2012, 05:36 AM
I think Riordan would do very well at Killie, and may even do us some damage. But I do not think he would do so well if he re-signed for Hibs...

Given that we're keech and they're not, I'm inclined to agree that he would be likely to do a lot better with them than with us.

Come to think of it, there are probably 11 teams in the SPL at the moment where he would do better than with us.

Judas Iscariot
11-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Panic merchant.

:ostrich:

Come back Saturday at 5pm and see how we're doing then :aok:

The_Exile
11-01-2012, 09:40 AM
If I was a Kilmarnock fan I'd be absolutely delighted with the dealings and potential dealings in this window. Perhaps East Mains isn't as a big a draw to players as it was hoped it would be?

Wilson
11-01-2012, 09:55 AM
If I was a Kilmarnock fan I'd be absolutely delighted with the dealings and potential dealings in this window. Perhaps East Mains isn't as a big a draw to players as it was hoped it would be?

The training ground is only one part of the package. The completed stadium is only one other. Any of these things alone aren't going to make or break a deal. I imagine players would still prioritise other things such as their salary, security (length of contract), and the ambition of the club they are coming to.

Right now our ambition is to avoid relegation ("gee that is an exciting challenge Mr. Petrie - where do I sign?").

The fact is, with all things considered, Hibernian Football Club is not as big a draw as we would like it to be.

vanNISHtelroy
11-01-2012, 11:45 AM

I am delighted! Apparently we're also in for Ben Gordon, the left back we had on loan from Chelsea for half of last year!

Re the comment about us not making the top six (dunno if I can multiquote on phone) think we have a reasonable chance if we start picking up points away from home.

Mikey
11-01-2012, 12:05 PM

What have the board got to do with selecting who signs and who doesn't?

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2012, 12:15 PM

I hope you are right, drugs are a problem in society, but surely they are not that daft?

Craig_in_Prague
11-01-2012, 12:18 PM
The training ground is only one part of the package. The completed stadium is only one other. Any of these things alone aren't going to make or break a deal. I imagine players would still prioritise other things such as their salary, security (length of contract), and the ambition of the club they are coming to.

Right now our ambition is to avoid relegation ("gee that is an exciting challenge Mr. Petrie - where do I sign?").

The fact is, with all things considered, Hibernian Football Club is not as big a draw as we would like it to be.

Whilst I agree with all of that, perhaps it's about time the club started being more **** positive from top to bottom, if only we had an ounce of the winning mentality Hearts have. It would not take an awful lot to make things significantly better than they are. I am pretty confident that if we stay up this season, that Pat will have us top 5 next season. Whilst we might not be turning up at ER in large numbers, the fact is there's a large fanbase with Hibs - We should not undersell ourselves is all I'm saying.
Signing for Motherwell or Killie right now might look very appealing, but argue this in the summer, and I will be confident Hibs will be a bigger pull.

the biggest factor of them all, IMHO is money. And we should not be getting out bid on that front by most teams, so all in all I am not really worried that our predicament won't get bette, coz players 'choose' other SPL clubs over us.

The Hibees will be back soon

:flag:

vanNISHtelroy
11-01-2012, 12:50 PM
I am delighted! Apparently we're also in for Ben Gordon, the left back we had on loan from Chelsea for half of last year!

Re the comment about us not making the top six (dunno if I can multiquote on phone) think we have a reasonable chance if we start picking up points away from home.

Ben Gordon apparently now confirmed to end of the season....don't think I can take the excitement! According to chairman quite a few to come in and a a couple to get released (maybe Panikvar who is a left back and someone else).
:thumbsup:In Kenny We Trust:thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
11-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Ben Gordon apparently now confirmed to end of the season....don't think I can take the excitement! According to chairman quite a few to come in and a a couple to get released (maybe Panikvar who is a left back and someone else).

Players?!? PAH! Feel the Balance Sheet :Ummm:

Beefster
11-01-2012, 12:52 PM

So you're 'for' your chairman now, yes?

Judas Iscariot
11-01-2012, 12:55 PM

What board? This board?

Who said anything about who selects who?

:crazy:

bingo70
11-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Thought you can't do deals this early in the transfer window as players and clubs want to wait till the end of the window?

We'll no doubt wait till the end of the window and sign a group of players that are either free agents or not wanted by their clubs so would have been available in the first week of January while clubs like killie actually go out there and get the players they require early

vanNISHtelroy
11-01-2012, 01:03 PM
So you're 'for' your chairman now, yes?

Nope. All I said was he'd said it....don't trust him!

Its the gaffer I have faith in!

LancsHibs
11-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Apparently St.Mirren also interested in signing DR on short term deal!

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Apparently St.Mirren also interested in signing DR on short term deal!

How was your curry last week pal?

LancsHibs
11-01-2012, 01:57 PM
How was your curry last week pal?

The Cowden Curry was top class thanks, but the highlight of the day had to be the coo on a scooter:faf:

Jones28
11-01-2012, 02:00 PM

I think if Doyle does the business then he will have his contract extended, for all that Petrie is tight foisted and what not he is a very shrewd businessman and will offer Doyle a very good deal if he proves to be a good signing.

Bear in mind that Riordan would do the exact same as what you're saying Doyle could do if he peaks again. He was off as soon as Celtic came knocking with a half decent offer when he was in his prime for us before, who's to say he wouldn't do the same again?

Plus I don't think Fenlon would have him in if he thought he wasnt going to be in the team for the long haul. The only reason I could see him leaving is if we were to be relegated this season.

Jones28
11-01-2012, 02:04 PM

No need to reply.

Well if Sproule and Riordan have both lost a lot of their pace then I'd hate to see how slow Riordan has gotten.

In answer to your question, no would not rather have Riordan than the other 2

SteveHFC
11-01-2012, 03:36 PM
http://www.snspix.com/5908580/print/5908580.html

silverhibee
11-01-2012, 06:10 PM
http://public.images.pressassociation.com/prvw/2.12444215.htm

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2012, 06:45 PM

Just like when he was in those horrible hoops, it looks so wrong.:boo hoo:

BurghHibby
11-01-2012, 07:33 PM

Makes me sick, Just no right!
:flag:

silverhibee
11-01-2012, 07:38 PM
I think if Doyle does the business then he will have his contract extended, for all that Petrie is tight foisted and what not he is a very shrewd businessman and will offer Doyle a very good deal if he proves to be a good signing.

Bear in mind that Riordan would do the exact same as what you're saying Doyle could do if he peaks again. He was off as soon as Celtic came knocking with a half decent offer when he was in his prime for us before, who's to say he wouldn't do the same again?

Plus I don't think Fenlon would have him in if he thought he wasnt going to be in the team for the long haul. The only reason I could see him leaving is if we were to be relegated this season.

But you just make it up as you go along, he turned down offers from Germany Moscow Cardiff and other clubs before he moved to celtc. :cb

HibbyAndy
11-01-2012, 07:40 PM

Absolute sickening

:singing:He's one of our own :singing:

DH1875
11-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Apparently there's a problem with the tax man and Deeks needs to find a club outwith the UK :confused:.

The_Todd
11-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Absolute sickening

I agree..... that shirt is bogging.

Mon_the_cabbage
11-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Apparently there's a problem with the tax man and Deeks needs to find a club outwith the UK :confused:.

Not a problem as such, it's just the UK tax laws.

If he becomes permanently resident in the UK (+90 days?) in this current tax year then he will be liable to UK tax on his earnings in China.

It was suggested that his agent was looking outside the UK for a club to avoid this.

Last Minute
11-01-2012, 08:22 PM
what's all the fuss FFS, he done us over twice so don't need him or want him. one of our own? remember we took him back from his nightmare time at celtic and he thanked us all so much outside the main stand. how long did that last? lazy and did nothing but moan the whole time and left us Again for nothing. Killie can have him, move on........ Doyle looks better and sharper.:cb

Jones28
11-01-2012, 08:51 PM

But you just make it up as you go along, he turned down offers from Germany Moscow Cardiff and other clubs before he moved to celtc. :cb

Perhaps Celtics offer was the only one he considered decent enough :rolleyes:

Eyrie
11-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Not a problem as such, it's just the UK tax laws.

If he becomes permanently resident in the UK (+90 days?) in this current tax year then he will be liable to UK tax on his earnings in China.

It was suggested that his agent was looking outside the UK for a club to avoid this.
Riordan will have spent 90 days in the UK between 6 April and leaving for China, so that is unlikely to be a factor.

Beefster
11-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Riordan will have spent 90 days in the UK between 6 April and leaving for China, so that is unlikely to be a factor.

I think it needs to be a fair bit more than 90 days from memory. I could be wrong though. Presumably he paid tax in China too so that would be subtracted from any tax due here, I think.

IWasThere2016
11-01-2012, 09:30 PM

Gonnae no dae that!

silverhibee
11-01-2012, 09:31 PM
what's all the fuss FFS, he done us over twice so don't need him or want him. one of our own? remember we took him back from his nightmare time at celtic and he thanked us all so much outside the main stand. how long did that last? lazy and did nothing but moan the whole time and left us Again for nothing. Killie can have him, move on........ Doyle looks better and sharper.:cb

What did he do, Hibs got a fee for him the first time he left, second time he left as no offer was made to him and went to China in the summer.

Moaned lazy didn't track back , couldn't go past his man blah blah bloody blah, his second spell, top goal scorer in two of the three seasons and 17 goals and assists in double figures in that second season, wish our current squad could be as bad as that eh.

Hope Doyle has even better stats than Deek and he can get us out of the mess we are in at the moment, we will need it.

Bit in bold, Deek played left midfield that season, how many goals has our left midfielder scored this season, infact how many goals has our whole midfield scored this season, if it wasn't for big Gaz at the start of this season with his goals we would probaly be about seven points behind the Pars as our midfield rarley weigh in with any goals, and that has been the problem for a number of seasons now, oh apart from when Deek played LM and Hibs got in to Europe as well in his second season in his second spell at Hibs, we sure are on the up now eh without some quality in the team. :cb

silverhibee
11-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Perhaps Celtics offer was the only one he considered decent enough :rolleyes:

Whats the use with you, you obviously dont like the lad for some reason with your snidey digs at him all the time, carry on knock yourself out in fact, sure Deek will be at EEP on Saturday giving his support to the Hibs, is that okay with you. :rolleyes:

Onceinawhile
11-01-2012, 09:40 PM
I think it needs to be a fair bit more than 90 days from memory. I could be wrong though. Presumably he paid tax in China too so that would be subtracted from any tax due here, I think.

Its 183 days however that's only a guide as the gaines cooper case shows.

Bostonhibby
11-01-2012, 09:50 PM
What did he do, Hibs got a fee for him the first time he left, second time he left as no offer was made to him and went to China in the summer.

Moaned lazy didn't track back , couldn't go past his man blah blah bloody blah, his second spell, top goal scorer in two of the three seasons and 17 goals and assists in double figures in that second season, wish our current squad could be as bad as that eh.

Hope Doyle has even better stats than Deek and he can get us out of the mess we are in at the moment, we will need it.

Bit in bold, Deek played left midfield that season, how many goals has our left midfielder scored this season, infact how many goals has our whole midfield scored this season, if it wasn't for big Gaz at the start of this season with his goals we would probaly be about seven points behind the Pars as our midfield rarley weigh in with any goals, and that has been the problem for a number of seasons now, oh apart from when Deek played LM and Hibs got in to Europe as well in his second season in his second spell at Hibs, we sure are on the up now eh without some quality in the team. :cb

Wasn't happy with either of his departures but am not going to claim to be an authority on what did and didn't happen as between him, club and agent on either occasion when he left. Number and facts do tend to speak for themselves and towards the end of the second spell in particular something wasn't right, that said you are absolutely right about the number and value of his goals and assists then, and in your observation about where the goals actually do come from.

Would our current plight be made better with even glimmers of what Deek has done in the past? I say yes, there might even be a bit of a "bounce" and there will probably be a couple of more goals than would otherwise come from whoevers jersey he fills, in most cases.

KeithTheHibby
11-01-2012, 09:53 PM

You are wasting your time Silver, since when has the truth ever got in the way of bull***** that some people post.

You must get sick and tired posting HARD FACTS and STATISTICS to prove your point.

That pic of Deek in the Killie top is sare to bare pal.

Lucius Apuleius
11-01-2012, 10:01 PM

Dunno who gaines cooper is but 183 rule was basically only for seamen. Only 90 days allowed in uk for other expats.

Ok recall the case now. Think we are talking different circumstances here. Deek should be liable for uk tax as he has not been out the country near enough to get tax breaks. If he had paid chinese tax it could be a different story.

Lucius Apuleius
11-01-2012, 10:15 PM

Dunno who gaines cooper is but 183 rule was basically only for seamen. Only 90 days allowed in uk for other expats.

H18sry
11-01-2012, 10:21 PM

The board as in this board .net :doh:

ScottB
11-01-2012, 10:30 PM
I'll simply stick with my thoughts on all our ex player comebacks:

Thanks for the memories, but no thanks.

Was Riordan as good second time round as the first? Nope. After the first few games how has O'Connor been? The less said about Sproule's comeback the better.

The club needs to draw a line and move on, forgetting both the last few years of mediocrity, but also the continued hangover / dreaming of the Mowbray era. New start, new young, hungry players. No more guys on the downward slope thanks, regardless of who they are or who they support.

jakki
11-01-2012, 10:41 PM
:top marks

Was Riordan as good second time round as the first? Nope. After the first few games how has O'Connor been? The less said about Sproule's comeback the better.

The club needs to draw a line and move on, forgetting both the last few years of mediocrity, but also the continued hangover / dreaming of the Mowbray era. New start, new young, hungry players. No more guys on the downward slope thanks, regardless of who they are or who they support.

Argylehibby
11-01-2012, 11:07 PM

:cb

Silver, we did get a fee first time but that was despite Dereks best efforts in signing a pre-contract to start on a date that would ensure that we were not entitled to a fee. The fact the club then decided to negotiate a fee and release him early does not take away the fact that Derek was happy, and indeed tried, to leave Hibs for nothing first time round.

On his 2nd move, which was for free, I am sure you are right that no contract was offered. However some have suggested he was asked what he was looking for and it was so far away from what Hibs could afford there was no point in making an offer. You have said you don’t know if that question was asked and I stress I don’t know either but it is surely safe to say that even if he had been offered a contract he would still have tried his luck in China given the money that was on offer or are you suggesting he would have signed at Hibs for much less than he would get elsewhere? He did nothing wrong when leaving the second time around and I am sure nobody blames the lad for trying something different especially with the money he would be earning.

Judas Iscariot
11-01-2012, 11:28 PM
The board as in this board .net :doh:

He thought I meant the actual useless Hibernian FC board...

Always defending they goons even when nobody is slating them :faf:

silverhibee
12-01-2012, 12:02 AM

I am not touting for Deek to come back to Hibs, but for a player who has scored over 100 goals for the club he has supported all his life in his two spells at the club,living the dream, who was the last player to do that,?, he was great in his first spell and in his second he was good apart from the last six months of his last spell, but yet some on here take great pleasure in bad mouthing him as crap lazy moaner etc etc etc etc etc, i think you get my drift, some are down right nasty about him and seem to hate him.

Will we ever see a Hibs player score more than 100 goals for the club again, i dont think so, do you, i dont have to put up the stats for Deeks first stint with Hibs as he looked to be heading for great things in football, it never worked out for him, s**t hapens in life, his second spell was pretty good as well, over 40 goals and probaly about 25 assists, but he had a poor second half to his last season from January to the end, but because Deek had that bad spell from Jan to May(he didn't play in many of our last six games) he has became a hate figure by some on here for that spell, players have dips in form, all of them, some just lose confidence others may have problems away from football and it affects how they may play in games, but they have dips in form, thats what i put it down to with Deek and playing in a s**t team, look at Torres Carrol, Samaras, dips in form or are they just become crap over night, having dips in form i think.

But some of the over the top stop about Deek is harsh imo, he is a Hibs legend(i bought a framed print of Hibs legends from Hibs and he is in it so it must be true :greengrin), not a nice way to treat a lad who has been with the club since he was about 14.

Just thought i would get that of my chest, i now await to be shot down in flames for it..:greengrin

As you say, if Derek never plays for Hibs again then thanks for some great memories of your two spells at Hibs Deek. :aok:

SteveHFC
12-01-2012, 12:05 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/295081/Derek-Riordan-close-to-Kilmarnock-contract

DEREK RIORDAN will hold crunch talks with Kilmarnock boss Kenny Shiels tomorrow.
The ex-Hibs and Celtic man (http://www.hibs.net/#) has been training with the Rugby Park club over the past few days and is willing to take a massive pay cut to get playing again following a grim spell in China.

Bad Martini
12-01-2012, 12:10 AM
Scored plenty rakers including against the yams.

For that alone, he deserves respect.

That whole Mowbray / Celtic thing....could've been avoided if st tony had just given him a deal.

Some folk have selective memories on Riordan. He done well and scored many many good goals for us.

ENDOF

silverhibee
12-01-2012, 12:19 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/295081/Derek-Riordan-close-to-Kilmarnock-contract

DEREK RIORDAN will hold crunch talks with Kilmarnock boss Kenny Shiels tomorrow.
The ex-Hibs and Celtic man (http://www.hibs.net/#) has been training with the Rugby Park club over the past few days and is willing to take a massive pay cut to get playing again following a grim spell in China.

:coffee: :cb

ScottB
12-01-2012, 12:44 AM
I am not touting for Deek to come back to Hibs, but for a player who has scored over 100 goals for the club he has supported all his life in his two spells at the club,living the dream, who was the last player to do that,?, he was great in his first spell and in his second he was good apart from the last six months of his last spell, but yet some on here take great pleasure in bad mouthing him as crap lazy moaner etc etc etc etc etc, i think you get my drift, some are down right nasty about him and seem to hate him.

Will we ever see a Hibs player score more than 100 goals for the club again, i dont think so, do you, i dont have to put up the stats for Deeks first stint with Hibs as he looked to be heading for great things in football, it never worked out for him, s**t hapens in life, his second spell was pretty good as well, over 40 goals and probaly about 25 assists, but he had a poor second half to his last season from January to the end, but because Deek had that bad spell from Jan to May(he didn't play in many of our last six games) he has became a hate figure by some on here for that spell, players have dips in form, all of them, some just lose confidence others may have problems away from football and it affects how they may play in games, but they have dips in form, thats what i put it down to with Deek and playing in a s**t team, look at Torres Carrol, Samaras, dips in form or are they just become crap over night, having dips in form i think.

But some of the over the top stop about Deek is harsh imo, he is a Hibs legend(i bought a framed print of Hibs legends from Hibs and he is in it so it must be true :greengrin), not a nice way to treat a lad who has been with the club since he was about 14.

Just thought i would get that of my chest, i now await to be shot down in flames for it..:greengrin

As you say, if Derek never plays for Hibs again then thanks for some great memories of your two spells at Hibs Deek. :aok:

Oh yeah, he was unquestionably a great player for us, and it pains me greatly that despite being for me at least, the most naturally talented of the 'Golden Generation' he has not gone on to better things, be that because of bad luck, his attitude or whatever.

However, him having been a great player for us years ago is not a reason to bring him back, the question is, will he be a great player for us now and in the future? Of that I don't think anyone could be certain, and we must assume that PF knows he is available, so perhaps he has decided that he doesn't want him. No doubt if we did sign him there'd be a new thread moaning that he'd clearly been brought in over Pat's head as per the O'Connor nonsense. Some folk just want to moan on here frankly.

But yeah, needlessly bashing the guy is a bit extreme, he hasn't treated it any worse than the rest of our more notable players in recent years, and he actually has a record to fall back on! Hence my thanks for the memories and best of luck message. A new start would probably be a better idea for him anyway, here he will always have to deal with the fans expectations / memories of what he was.

Ray_
12-01-2012, 01:09 AM
Silver, we did get a fee first time but that was despite Dereks best efforts in signing a pre-contract to start on a date that would ensure that we were not entitled to a fee. The fact the club then decided to negotiate a fee and release him early does not take away the fact that Derek was happy, and indeed tried, to leave Hibs for nothing first time round.

On his 2nd move, which was for free, I am sure you are right that no contract was offered. However some have suggested he was asked what he was looking for and it was so far away from what Hibs could afford there was no point in making an offer. You have said you don’t know if that question was asked and I stress I don’t know either but it is surely safe to say that even if he had been offered a contract he would still have tried his luck in China given the money that was on offer or are you suggesting he would have signed at Hibs for much less than he would get elsewhere? He did nothing wrong when leaving the second time around and I am sure nobody blames the lad for trying something different especially with the money he would be earning.

All this negative rubbish about DR is quite simply incredible, the amount of abuse that goes on here, I think any player, of decent quality, would be off their head to even consider joining our once great club.

Some folk seem to forget that DR had agreed to sign a new contract with the club, first time round & it was TM who delayed the signing of the said contract and as a result, DR, while the club's top scorer, was on a basic contract of around £500 a week, this lasted the best part of a year, I know I'd be rather peeved if my employer had done that to me.

sadtom
12-01-2012, 03:03 AM
My overwhelming feeling is to thank Deek for the goals but that a parting of the ways is probably for the best for both parties.
However, if GO'C was staying then it would be interesting to see them as a pair again, as i think the combination is even greater than the sum of its parts. So as a potential partnership i'd be up for the club trying to make that happen. If G O'C is away then i'd be a lot more reticent about a 3rd spell for Deek.

Beefster
12-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Some folk seem to forget that DR had agreed to sign a new contract with the club, first time round & it was TM who delayed the signing of the said contract and as a result, DR, while the club's top scorer, was on a basic contract of around £500 a week, this lasted the best part of a year, I know I'd be rather peeved if my employer had done that to me.

The amount of people who will defend Riordan above Hibs always surprises me. Mowbray was right to put all contract negotiations on hold when he came in - he lives or died by how he used his budget.

Riordan may well have been peeved but he then showed that he was prepared to **** us over by refusing all subsequent attempts to extend his contract at Hibs and the way he signed the contract with Celtic.

marinello59
12-01-2012, 08:16 AM
The amount of people who will defend Riordan above Hibs always surprises me. Mowbray was right to put all contract negotiations on hold when he came in - he lives or died by how he used his budget.

Ray_
12-01-2012, 08:22 AM

Riordan may well have been peeved but he then showed that he was prepared to **** us over by refusing all subsequent attempts to extend his contract at Hibs and the way he signed the contract with Celtic.

:rolleyes: As the goals flew in, it wouldn't have taken very long at all to prove his worth of a new contract, to delay it the amount of time Hibs did was a serious error & it surprises me how many try to lay the blame on Riordan, when the club's penny pinching was clearly to blame.

Jones28
12-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Whats the use with you, you obviously dont like the lad for some reason with your snidey digs at him all the time, carry on knock yourself out in fact, sure Deek will be at EEP on Saturday giving his support to the Hibs, is that okay with you. :rolleyes:

Oh aye, hate one of the best players that has played for Hibs in my lifetime...:dummytit:

In what way was suggesting that the offer Deek got from Celtic was the only decent one on the table a "snidey dig"? :confused: Didn't you understand that it could have been a case of other clubs offering peanuts and Celtic being the only one to offer a decent wage? :deal:

DR was one of my favorite players when he was at Hibs and I was delighted when he came back. Since he came back he has been in a terminal decline. As I've said many times before, I don't want him back at Easter Road because he played brilliantly for us and would never be able to live up to the first spell/couple of seasons he was here. It would be a massive shame to see one of the best Hibs players and the SPL's 4th top goal-scorer become the target of boo-boys. :boo hoo:

And FWIW, I'll be at East End Park on Saturday too, with your permission of course :rolleyes:

Green_one
12-01-2012, 09:41 AM
We seriously need to get away from this odd concept of signing or looking to sign ex players. How often has this actually worked? I hardly see Murray and Sproule as great examples.

Deeks was bored with Scottish football. Having him back for a third period would be bizarre.

Transferred or ex players always look better from afar.

Move on, for goodness sake.

Forza Fred
12-01-2012, 11:04 AM
I like Deeks and will always treat him with resepct on these pages.

I was delighted when he returned from Celtic and cheered in the stand at Hamilton when he netted his first goal on his return at Hamilton.

It is sad that things did not quite work out in story book fashion, since then, but hey that's life.

He is now a 28 year old player who, like many in the Scottish game, has reduced options - something that I think he may have only recently come to terms with.

I honestly dont see ít in either HIbs or Deeks best interests in him returning to HIbs, and I sincerely hope that he signs for Killie, regains his zest for the game, and performs at the standard we all now he is capable of.

While he may not think so at the moment, a complete break form Hibs may be the best thing for him, as he will start on a fresh page.

I wish him every success.except of course when he is playing against HIbs, and I would hope that when he visits ER in another team's colours, he is warmly greeted.

IWasThere2016
12-01-2012, 11:19 AM

I can't agree Beefy .. Hibs didn't backdate the offer. Given Deeks hit the ground running and was banging the goals in from TM's first day then he was IMHO entitled to the deal as offered from the time offered.

Speedway
12-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Nearest thing to a Hibs legend in 30 years and like all other Hibs legends, I wouldn't want to see them in their current state playing for Hibs.

Last Minute
12-01-2012, 11:25 AM

Yoy forgot to add that when Hibs took him from hell at celtic,we paid more for him than we got from them first time around .:cb

brog
12-01-2012, 11:35 AM

:top marks I've been supporting Hibs for well over 50 years & with the exception of the great Joe, Derek is the best finisher I've seen at ER. ( Ally McLeod is 3rd!! ). As you say I also doubt we will ever again see a player score 100 goals & even playing 100 games for Hibs will become a rarity. Like you, I'm not necessarily advocating a return for Derek but we should truly appreciate his service to our club. Lawrie Reilly, Gordon Smith & Joe Baker were all treated shamefully by Hibs, why do posters on here think it couldn't have happened to Derek?

Cabbage East
12-01-2012, 12:16 PM
If one of our greatest ever players is available on a free transfer and still has a few good years ahead of him (which Deek does) then we should be signing him pronto.

Come home Deek.

IWasThere2016
12-01-2012, 12:49 PM
:top marks I've been supporting Hibs for well over 50 years & with the exception of the great Joe, Derek is the best finisher I've seen at ER. ( Ally McLeod is 3rd!! ). As you say I also doubt we will ever again see a player score 100 goals & even playing 100 games for Hibs will become a rarity. Like you, I'm not necessarily advocating a return for Derek but we should truly appreciate his service to our club. Lawrie Reilly, Gordon Smith & Joe Baker were all treated shamefully by Hibs, why do posters on here think it couldn't have happened to Derek?

I give you Jimmy O'Rourke!

Judas Iscariot
12-01-2012, 12:56 PM
If one of our greatest ever players is available on a free transfer and still has a few good years ahead of him (which Deek does) then we should be signing him pronto.

Come home Deek.

Nail, head, hit etc :agree:

brog
12-01-2012, 01:17 PM

I love Jimmy & he's a great friend but I would put him 4th in that wonder list!! :wink:
Actually, if we're talking natural finishers then Harper's up there but I don't want to start that debate!! Maybe a thread for a quiet period!

jacomo
12-01-2012, 01:45 PM

Come home Deek.

If it's a choice between Galbraith and Riordan to play wide left, I'd have the one who's scored more goals thanks.

I can understand Fenlon's reluctance to invite him back when trying to instil a new culture at the club, but will be sad if he does sign for Killie.

KeithTheHibby
12-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Oh aye, hate one of the best players that has played for Hibs in my lifetime...:dummytit:

In what way was suggesting that the offer Deek got from Celtic was the only decent one on the table a "snidey dig"? :confused: Didn't you understand that it could have been a case of other clubs offering peanuts and Celtic being the only one to offer a decent wage? :deal:

DR was one of my favorite players when he was at Hibs and I was delighted when he came back. Since he came back he has been in a terminal decline. As I've said many times before, I don't want him back at Easter Road because he played brilliantly for us and would never be able to live up to the first spell/couple of seasons he was here. It would be a massive shame to see one of the best Hibs players and the SPL's 4th top goal-scorer become the target of boo-boys. :boo hoo:

And FWIW, I'll be at East End Park on Saturday too, with your permission of course :rolleyes:

See bit in bold then refer to the stats.

Top goalscorer in first season back.

17 goals and 12 assists in his second season.

Top goalscorer in his final season.

Granted his form in the last 6 months of his contract was poor but come on, how pish was the team in general for those six months???!!!

You talk about terminal decline, I think you should apply that to the team, not an individual player.

snooky
12-01-2012, 06:42 PM

:not worth

:aok:

Jim44
15-01-2012, 05:53 PM
In a Billy Dodds article about Kris Boyd in the Sunday Herald he compares his present position with Derek Riordan. He says that, while he is training with Killie, he really should be back at Hibs. The reason he isn't is entirely of his own making. He also says he could still have four or five good years in him but not if he keeps going with the attitude of only doing enough when it suits him. Dodds reckons he is one of the best players he has seen in the SPL but that, if Boyd is at a crossroads, then it's an even bigger one for Riordan, because he might end up out of the game. Interesting observations from a non-Hibs orientated pundit.

Judas Iscariot
15-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Derek only has 1 true home, Easter Road..

Come home Derek, things are looking up and you'll get a chance to shine again at your favourites :aok:

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2012, 06:55 PM

Come home Derek, things are looking up and you'll get a chance to shine again at your favourites :aok:

Great player, but I think it's getting a bit boring the idea of having him back. I'd rather see us move on and start giving exciting young players like Doyle and Giffiths a chance.

Wotherspiniesta
15-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Great player, but I think it's getting a bit boring the idea of having him back. I'd rather see us move on and start giving exciting young players like Doyle and Giffiths a chance.

MM19
15-01-2012, 07:13 PM

Also Joe McBride snr

scott7_0(Prague)
15-01-2012, 07:23 PM

Shine again, he has had more chances to shine for Hibs than anyone else. Time to move on. Whats Matty Jack up to these days.

Jim44
15-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Shine again, he has had more chances to shine for Hibs than anyone else. Time to move on. Whats Matty Jack up to these days.

It seems that the majority of supporters on this board wouldn't support the return of Riordan. That's fair enough but in his defence it should be noted that his second less successful spell was in a useless team steadily getting even more useless.

The Falcon
15-01-2012, 08:07 PM

Is it not Rod Petrie who decides who signs and who dosent? :greengrin

I would take him back in a heartbeat guys.

HibbyAndy
15-01-2012, 08:37 PM

Would you care to elaborate on that?...Or was it one of these non Riordan educated guesses?.....Im mare than aware of the zillions of Anti Riordan threads for him and against him, But this quote stands out...Care to expand on 'Riordan has had more chances than anyone else' ? Care to enlighten me/us what you mean by that?

Northernhibee
15-01-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't think it'd be healthy for us or Riordan to have him back for a third spell.

Thanks for over 100 goals Deek, whoever you sign for I wish you all the best, but I would rather we both found alternative ways to move forward.

scott7_0(Prague)
15-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Would you care to elaborate on that?...Or was it one of these non Riordan educated guesses?.....Im mare than aware of the zillions of Anti Riordan threads for him and against him, But this quote stands out...Care to expand on 'Riordan has had more chances than anyone else' ? Care to enlighten me/us what you mean by that?

Aye, no bother - "His last 6months of his last contract".

For what it is worth, I am not anti Riordan, we are in a dog fight and Riordan is one luxuary we cannot afford at this time.

Sammy7nil
15-01-2012, 09:00 PM

For what it is worth, I am not anti Riordan, we are in a dog fight and Riordan is one luxuary we cannot afford at this time.

I don't think he should come back for other than a short cameo performance unti the season end.

In this dog fight you speak of how will Galbraith Sproule Wetherspoon even Griffths and Doyle perfom any better in a fight than Deek.

We need quality Griffiths had 3 efforts one after the other at taking a corner each delivery was worse than the one before nothing to do with fighting just sheer lack of quality.

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2012, 09:04 PM
I don't think he should come back for other than a short cameo performance unti the season end.

In this dog fight you speak of how will Galbraith Sproule Wetherspoon even Griffths and Doyle perfom any better in a fight than Deek.

We need quality Griffiths had 3 efforts one after the other at taking a corner each delivery was worse than the one before nothing to do with fighting just sheer lack of quality.

A pity we can't just bring him on for dead ball situations and then take him back off again!

HibbyAndy
15-01-2012, 09:07 PM

And what was his record again?.. No being smart, Just curious :dunno:

scott7_0(Prague)
15-01-2012, 09:08 PM

Griffiths scored 2yesterday and 1 the week before, so not the best example. As for Galbraith, Sproule, Wetherspoon and Doyle I was kinda hoping we would add to the squad rather than having to rely on them. With the exception of Doyle as he looks like he will add something.

HibbyAndy
15-01-2012, 09:09 PM

In what sense ? Seeing as he was tom kite in the last 6 months of his hibs contract ?...

Care to elaborate :dunno:

Sammy7nil
15-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Griffiths scored 2yesterday and 1 the week before, so not the best example. As for Galbraith, Sproule, Wetherspoon and Doyle I was kinda hoping we would add to the squad rather than having to rely on them. With the exception of Doyle as he looks like he will add something.

I am happy with Griffiths and Doyle looks a very good prospect neither will perform in a fight.
Thats my point you see deek would be no good in a dogfight none of thise I mentioned would cope in a fight either and deek has more quality than them all.

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2012, 09:15 PM
I suppose the question has to be is Deek better than what we already have in the positions he is likely to play? Not talking about what he has done in the past because that is not in question.

scott7_0(Prague)
15-01-2012, 09:17 PM
And what was his record again?.. No being smart, Just curious :dunno:

what record> scoring = 3goals from Jan 1st 2011
> assists = no ides
> Huffs = loads
> waving his arms above his head moaning = loads

scott7_0(Prague)
15-01-2012, 09:19 PM
I am happy with Griffiths and Doyle looks a very good prospect neither will perform in a fight.
Thats my point you see deek would be no good in a dogfight none of thise I mentioned would cope in a fight either and deek has more quality than them all..

Think you may have missed my point

How are you measuring quality?

bingo70
15-01-2012, 09:22 PM
I suppose the question has to be is Deek better than what we already have in the positions he is likely to play? Not talking about what he has done in the past because that is not in question.

No, i think the question is whether he's better than we can get elsewhere?

I think he is better than Galbraith or Sproule out wide but for that position i think there is likely to be better elsewhere, up front we're ok with doyle, GoC and Griffiths so i wouldn't want us to use up what would be a large chunk of our budget on a player i don't think we need.

WellingtonHibby
15-01-2012, 09:22 PM
I reckon dereks mother talks about him less than some folk on here..jeez. its over. He dosent love you and he's not coming back.

Sammy7nil
15-01-2012, 09:25 PM
> assists = no ides
> Huffs = loads

I measure quality with being able to pass (to a Hibs player), strike and control a ball.

If we want to discuss what the current left midfilders for Hibs have offered over a similar period I am happy to listen to the evidence. I will give you a start they have not scored 3 between them never mind looking at assists.

HibbyAndy
15-01-2012, 09:26 PM
> assists = no ides
> Huffs = loads

What a pathetic attempt.

Seriously, Thot id get more of a comeback than that ?....'A luxury we cant afford' Was your words.... 'Waving his arms moaning'...'Huffs' LOL..'Assists' lol...So you know nowt about hibs ( I knew that anyway).

So Deek is a luxury we cannot afford according to 'You ':aok:

Seriously, IMO....You talk some shight:agree:

Deary deary me.

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2012, 09:27 PM
I reckon dereks mother talks about him less than some folk on here..jeez. its over. He dosent love you and he's not coming back.

:aok: Cheers for the info Ma Riordan :greengrin

scott7_0(Prague)
15-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I measure quality with being able to pass (to a Hibs player), strike and control a ball.

If we want to discuss what the current left midfilders for Hibs have offered over a similar period I am happy to listen to the evidence. I will give you a start they have not scored 3 between them never mind looking at assists.

Again you seemed to have missed my point. I am not comparing Riordan to our current squad players out with Griffiths (who is performing) and Doyle(new signing) I would rather see the money we have for bringing in new player spent on someone who will add a bit to the squad, someone who will fight for the cause when it is needed, someone who will lead on the park and off, someone who is quality above what we have now. Will Derek bring those qualities or is he a non affordable luxuary at this time.

scott7_0(Prague)
15-01-2012, 09:31 PM
What a pathetic attempt.

Seriously, Thot id get more of a comeback than that ?....'A luxury we cant afford' Was your words.... 'Waving his arms moaning'...'Huffs' LOL..'Assists' lol...So you know nowt about hibs ( I knew that anyway).

So Deek is a luxury we cannot afford according to 'You ':aok:

Seriously, IMO....You talk some shight:agree:

Deary deary me.

Sorry Mr. Riordan snr, didnt mean to diss you lad.

Opinions eh, who would have thought.

So what will Deek bring to Hibs currently?

Sammy7nil
15-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Again you seemed to have missed my point. I am not comparing Riordan to our current squad players out with Griffiths (who is performing) and Doyle(new signing) I would rather see the money we have for bringing in new player spent on someone who will add a bit to the squad, someone who will fight for the cause when it is needed, someone who will lead on the park and off, someone who is quality above what we have now. Will Derek bring those qualities or is he a non affordable luxuary at this time.

I really don't think you have a point. I will humour you where do you think Pat will find such a player willing to come to Hibs who by the way are 2nd bottom of a very average league on the budget he has.

Name one or two targets that fit the category ?

or Should we go for proven quality at this level who is obviously willing to listen to offers?

scott7_0(Prague)
15-01-2012, 09:37 PM
I really don't think you have a point. I will humour you where do you think Pat will find such a player willing to come to Hibs who by the way are 2nd bottom of a very average league on the budget he has.

Name one or two targets that fit the category ?

or Should we go for proven quality at this level who is obviously willing to listen to offers?

I aint Pat or a football manager so i'll let that trust to the Hibs manager and his team. But as i said, my opinon is Riordan is not the answer for the 3rd time.

HibbyAndy
15-01-2012, 09:37 PM

Dunno bet DR rattled in more than 100 plus goals for Hibernian.

Did he fight for the cause?...

Was he a leader?

Is he quality what we have above now?

DR scored in excess of 100 plus goals for Hibs..luxury we cannot afford? :hilarious

Aye ok.

Sammy7nil
15-01-2012, 09:40 PM
I aint Pat or a football manager so i'll let that trust to the Hibs manager and his team. But as i said, my opinon is Riordan is not the answer for the 3rd time.

As you say luckily your not a football manager :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
15-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Deeks was a shadow of the player he used to be in the last 6 months of his contract.

Wether that was to do with the uncertainty about his future, the general demise of the team on the park or his body not being able to do what his mind wanted it do anymore, I'm not sure.

But one things for sure. If he brung that form back to this team, he'd be a waste of a wage.

If I were Fenlon, I'd be looking elsewhere.

HibbyAndy
15-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Sorry Mr. Riordan snr, didnt mean to diss you lad.

Opinions eh, who would have thought.

So what will Deek bring to Hibs currently?

Wanna elaborate?.

Does that mean i can call you any name i want????..

Can i call you Rosicky??? As he is ****ing honking aswell!!!!

tamig
15-01-2012, 09:43 PM
I can't see Riordan fitting into PF's hard work ethic tbh. Agree he is a "luxury" player. And that is something we can't afford in a relegation battle. PF is trying to build a team who will work hard to get us out of where we are. I really can't see where Riordan would fit in. As someone said, if you could wheel him out for dead ball situations, that would be just fine. The truth is we need someone who will do a bit more than that.

scott7_0(Prague)
15-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Wanna elaborate?.

Does that mean i can call you any name i want????..

Can i call you Rosicky??? As he is ****ing honking aswell!!!!

Call me what you want, really dont care. Seems you do though.

But you do admit Riordan is honking by the post above.

Anyway... NO to Riordan.

HibbyAndy
15-01-2012, 09:45 PM
I can't see Riordan fitting into PF's hard work ethic tbh. Agree he is a "luxury" player. And that is something we can't afford in a relegation battle. PF is trying to build a team who will work hard to get us out of where we are. I really can't see where Riordan would fit in. As someone said, if you could wheel him out for dead ball situations, that would be just fine. The truth is we need someone who will do a bit more than that.

What about left mid and chip in with 10 goals and numerous assists?

greenlex
15-01-2012, 09:50 PM
I would pop him in the starting 11 before Ivan right now. Long term I dont know.

HibbyAndy
15-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Call me what you want, really dont care. Seems you do though.

But you do admit Riordan is honking by the post above.

Anyway... NO to Riordan.

And you get that from?.........................................

Nae offence pal, Ill argue with you here allnight regarding Hibs,. But you wont win.

:aok:

silverhibee
15-01-2012, 09:52 PM

tamig
15-01-2012, 09:53 PM
What about left mid and chip in with 10 goals and numerous assists?

What about someone who can do a bit of back-tracking and help out the full-back from time to time? I think you're living in the past. When Riordan was surrounded by hardworking quality players he was great. When the quality levels dropped so did his performance levels. He's also never struck me as one who had the stomach for a fight. We need a bit of that now.

HibbyAndy
15-01-2012, 09:54 PM

You wanna help me here?:greengrin

HibbyAndy
15-01-2012, 09:56 PM
What about someone who can do a bit of back-tracking and help out the full-back from time to time? I think you're living in the past. When Riordan was surrounded by hardworking quality players he was great. When the quality levels dropped so did his performance levels. He's also never struck me as one who had the stomach for a fight. We need a bit of that now.

Why????

He puts the ball in the pokey...Why should he track back???

HH81
15-01-2012, 09:58 PM
2 weeks into the window, thought DR would have a club by now..... At this rate he will end up in the confrence north playing for Halifax Town :greengrin

tamig
15-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Why????

Jeez. You are blinded by Deek-love. That seems to be your response to everything on this thread. He scored goals. He didn't do a lot of that in the latter months of his last spell. I can't see him getting back to that. You're romanticising I feel.

Beefster
15-01-2012, 10:10 PM

Indeed. The number of continuing man-crushes on here for Riordan is slightly worrying.

The_Sauz
15-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Dunno bet DR rattled in more than 100 plus goals for Hibernian.

Did he fight for the cause?...

Was he a leader?

Is he quality what we have above now?

DR scored in excess of 100 plus goals for Hibs..luxury we cannot afford? :hilarious

Aye ok.

1/Did he fight for the cause?..:rotflmao:
2/Was he a leader?...:rotflmao:
3/DR scored in excess of 100 plus goals for Hibs...... You need to get that stutter fixed, either that or change the record!

The_Sauz
15-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Why????

Because that's what team players do....fight & help each other!