PDA

View Full Version : Victor palsson n Sean welsh

hibee_patty
09-01-2012, 10:30 PM
According to SSN both told they can find new clubs? sorry if posted elsewhere if so delete

SteveHFC
09-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Palsson is a good player but if Fenlon feels he can get better players in then so be it.

Craig_HFC
09-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Palsson is a good player.

Biggest attitude problem at ER though. He can get to *****.

The_Todd
09-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Palsson came with a lot of promise. He's not shown enough for me, so thanks for trying but now we need space on the wage bill.

Monts
09-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Palsson is a good player.

Has rarely shown it imo.

When he first arrived he looked good, but never kicked on and couldnt pin down a place in a terrible side. I wouldnt mind him staying as I think he has potential, but at the moment I dont think he is doing enough.

keep the faith
09-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Happy with that. Palsson is sluggish and for me offers little. A good strong decision from PF if true.

Elephant Stone
09-01-2012, 10:44 PM
There's a player there somewhere in Palsson, I was hoping Fenlon would bring the best out of him rather than chucking him but if he doesn't think he can then so be it. We desperately need midfielders in January.

Lofarl
09-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Supposedly he has a bit of a Billy big boy attitude. Not saw anything of Welsh, but I can't help but think that his bust up with Martin Scott may have had something to do with it.

Good luck to them though. But glad to see PF stamping his authority on Hibs. That's Thornhill, Agogo, Pallson, Welsh and supposedly Sodje that he has told to bolt.

smurf
09-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Happy with that. Palsson is sluggish and for me offers little. A good strong decision from PF if true.

Agreed. More good news. Keep it going Pat.

Mikey_1875
09-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Good news re palsson, bit dissapointed about welsh though, would have liked to have seen him atleast given a chance. Should free up wages for a couple more signings though!

lucky
09-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Told to get a new club is different from actually doing it. These players will be looking for pay offs. More expensive mistakes by yogi and CC with most the players now being told they can leave

ScottB
09-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Wow.

Palsson disappoints me so much, showed so much promise, but clearly too far up his own ass.

He is a fantastic example of how no signing is a guaranteed bet. Here was a player from Liverpool, captain of country's successful under 21 side and he has bombed. Funny when you remember our initial reaction was to complain he wasn't on a long enough contract!

GreenPJ
09-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Told to get a new club is different from actually doing it. These players will be looking for pay offs. More expensive mistakes by yogi and CC with most the players now being told they can leave

Too be fair with Palsson you do think that signing a youngster who is Liverpool reserve captain (?) and was an under-21 international it was worth the punt. Sadly its not worked out.

essexhibee
09-01-2012, 11:11 PM
He's just passed his driving test so no need to pay for a bus fare.

What a disappointment....could have been our next sellable assett. Has the attitude unfortuantly of many players in scotland. I think in coming to hibs, a smaller club than pool, and playing well in those first two games he suddenly thought he was a fans hero, untouchable and could do what he wanted.

AlbertK86
09-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Bit disappointed to see both go

Think Vic may have been a decent CB or holding CM given time and would like to have seen Sean get a chance but if Paddy thinks time for them to go then I'll trust his judgement. Let's hope there are some takers

ScottB
09-01-2012, 11:19 PM
To be fair, heard that Welsh is also has a bit of a big baws type attitude problem, so so be it.

Sir David Gray
09-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Let the clearout begin.

Just about another 15 to go, Pat! :aok:

brydekirk
09-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Palsson, ive left the game at full time and walked to the harp & castle, only to find him in the pub before me, pity he was'nt that quick on the park. Waster.

Baader
09-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Shows how important attitude and application is. Palsson probably has talent but not much use if your heids up your @*$e.

I would've bombed him out after that nightclub incident.

BEEJ
09-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Supposedly he has a bit of a Billy big boy attitude. Not saw anything of Welsh, but I can't help but think that his bust up with Martin Scott may have had something to do with it.

Good luck to them though. But glad to see PF stamping his authority on Hibs. That's Thornhill, Agogo, Pallson, Welsh and supposedly Sodje that he has told to bolt.
That could mean a lot of recruitment in a January transfer window to replace that lot.

easty
09-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Not in the least bit dissapointed to see either of them go.

Jim44
09-01-2012, 11:34 PM
That could mean a lot of recruitment in a January transfer window to replace that lot.

:agree: Especially when Fenlon has publicly said that it will be hard to entice players to ER because of the precarious position we are in.

Ozyhibby
09-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Good decision. Neither player was making the breakthrough.

LeithBoozy
10-01-2012, 12:27 AM
I feel a bit sorry for him, he is another one who has been played in every position bar his own.

DarrenSQH
10-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Good, the more players that go the better. Hopefully we find much much better replacements.

hibee92
10-01-2012, 12:55 AM
While he's been dire for a fair while now, he's still young. I'd have kept him. Hope paddy has something up his sleeve.

Edit - palsson of course

Heckys Wheel
10-01-2012, 12:57 AM
Shame for welsh. He was the pick of that under 19 squad but got a bad injury which put him back a couple of years.

It happens. McCann suffered the same fate.

basehibby
10-01-2012, 01:47 AM
Both these guys have shown potential but neither of them has been able to pin down a regular place in what is an underperforming midfield - that being the case I can't argue at all with the decision to let them go - the assumption being that they'll be replaced by players who CAN nail down a place in the side and keep it!

hibee92
10-01-2012, 03:46 AM
As for welsh, I'm disappointed he never got a real chance as many said he ha great potential but Paddys not the first manager not to play him

greenlex
10-01-2012, 06:44 AM
If true there must be more players coming this month.

Dinkydoo
10-01-2012, 06:51 AM
God stuff, neither was managing to break through and hold down a first team place.

Let's see who else we get in before the window "slams" shut.

alfieboi75
10-01-2012, 06:51 AM
A good decision from Pat the Man to move Victor and Sean on.....although I'm disappointed that Victor didn't prove his worth....

I just hope more move on, and will be looking forward to new signings :aok:

:pfgwa

Albion Hibs
10-01-2012, 08:01 AM
A good decision from the manager IMO. One player that played and never did anything and one that featured in a squad only so it is not like the starting 11 is going to suffer in any way.

I would imagine that they wont have been on much money wise individually, but I would hope that their wage combined brings in one decent player that will actually feature in and around the starting 11.

As for whether or not that helps this window remains to be seen, they would both be within their rights to sit out their contract, so I would question how much of a wage it frees up for just now.

Cropley10
10-01-2012, 08:07 AM

Hope so.

mjhibby
10-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Very glad to see pat starting to sort out things but the defence seems the weakest area and as yet no developments there.Asking players to find clubs is different from actually getting one and there is no point in punting 5 players unless we get some in.So far fenlon has shown with doyle and griffiths that he knows a player and im sure he will view the transition as over at least 3 or 4 windows and not one or two.Very impressed by Doyle and looks to me he has been brought through the right way.An intelligent player who brings others into play and can score.Glad to see griffiths showing he cares and hopefully the fans will get behind the team instead of the ott abuse some players are getting.Feeling fairly confidnt about saturday which may or may not be a good sign

Broken Gnome
10-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Released now or free to find clubs up until summer? If injuries and lack of new players mean we're forced to rely on players that know they'll be elsewhere next season, they won't give a monkeys where we are next season...

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2012, 08:46 AM
This bunch of losers, and thats what they are, are just not good enough for Hibernian Football Club.

It maters not one jot who is released, 99% of them are not up to the job of getting Hibs into a position where we are fighting for a top 4 place.

We can get rid of the lot for me, and please Paddy, just bring in better ones, players who can actually do most of the basics right, and maybe a little more. Do that and we will improve no end.
:pray:

bingo70
10-01-2012, 08:51 AM
I'd imagine its a similar situation to the boy at aberdeen that Craig brown is talking about in todays metro, not actually released them but told them their contracts won't be getting renewed so if they find another club we won't stand in their way.

Don't imagine Welsh leaving would free up too much money for wages

scoopyboy
10-01-2012, 08:53 AM
I just hope Hibs know what they are doing here.

It's one thing telling players they can go, it's another thing completely them going.

They have contracts until the end of the season and they may well sit their contracts out, most of us would be the same at our work.

Even worse if they don't go then I pray we still get players in, imagine if we have to go cap in hand to them in March / April saying to these guys we need you for the next couple of days as we have injuries / suspensions.

We could end up fighting relegation with players who have been told they aren't wanted.

I'm concerned at this.

HFC 0-7
10-01-2012, 09:14 AM

It's one thing telling players they can go, it's another thing completely them going.

They have contracts until the end of the season and they may well sit their contracts out, most of us would be the same at our work.

Even worse if they don't go then I pray we still get players in, imagine if we have to go cap in hand to them in March / April saying to these guys we need you for the next couple of days as we have injuries / suspensions.

We could end up fighting relegation with players who have been told they aren't wanted.

I'm concerned at this.

I agree with this. Fenlon may have plenty of targets but they might not sign for one reason or another. We could be relying on players that have already not shown they are really up to the task, but having to rely on them after we have told them we dont want them and they need to look for new clubs wont be much of an incentive for them to bust a gut for the club.

Fingers crossed we start bringing in new players, and fast.

Golden Bear
10-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Released now or free to find clubs up until summer? If injuries and lack of new players mean we're forced to rely on players that know they'll be elsewhere next season, they won't give a monkeys where we are next season...

:agree:

It could be a concern but I'm also confident that Paddy & his coaching team will have thought this through and are aware of the possible consequences.

I don't think for a minute that we will have heard of the full circumstances.

SMAXXA
10-01-2012, 09:37 AM

I'm concerned at this.

What like they are both going to Miraculously offer us something in the 2nd part of the season and be somewhat a saviour to us playing when asked, c'mon one has shown nowt all season and last and the other canny even get a game in a rank rotten team. Im sure if we did have to rely on players due to injuries and suspensions we would get more out of some of the young guys than these two have shown, well in the latters case not shown nowt as he cant get a game anyway.

Id rather take a chance and attempt to get rid of them now than wait till then end of the season and run down their contracts continue to pay them for delivering nothing.

Somethimes feels Hibs cant do right for doing wrong in some peoples eyes :confused:

Andy74
10-01-2012, 09:41 AM
I feel a bit sorry for him, he is another one who has been played in every position bar his own.

Apart from a few games filling in at right back he has played virtually all his games in centre midfield which is supposed to be his favoured position.

Regardless of where you play you go in and do the job. Other than his first couple of games he has been terrible and looks completely pedestrian.

bawheid
10-01-2012, 09:43 AM

I'm concerned at this.

Not sure I agree with this. The gravy train has ended for these guys. The reality will hit them that they've been at Hibernian FC and probably won't get as good a club again.

If asked to play a few games towards the end of the season, surely they'll be looking to bust a gut to either force Fenlon to change his mind, or attract the attention of other clubs. They'll be desperate for games IMO.

Frazerbob
10-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Palsson definately has the talent however he has the worst attitude I have ever seen from a Hibs player.....and that's saying something. Good ridance to the waster!

Welsh hasn't managed to make any impression on the worst Hibs team in many a year so is no great loss. Wish him well for the future though.

Andy74
10-01-2012, 09:44 AM

I'm concerned at this.

The Board said at the last forum that one of the things they were impressed with was that Fenlon told players straight whether they are in the plans or not, no tryig to keep people happy for the sake of it.

These players could hardly play worse if they were sufddenly to be asked to come back in so I don't care.

Delighted that most of the losers that aren't fit to wear the green have been told as much.

1875er
10-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Palsson definately has the talent however he has the worst attitude I have ever seen from a Hibs player.....and that's saying something. Good ridance to the waster!

Welsh hasn't managed to make any impression on the worst Hibs team in many a year so is no great loss. Wish him well for the future though.

Spot on....Billy Big Time...

Broken Gnome
10-01-2012, 09:46 AM
What like they are both going to Miraculously offer us something in the 2nd part of the season and be somewhat a saviour to us playing when asked, c'mon one has shown nowt all season and last and the other canny even get a game in a rank rotten team. Im sure if we did have to rely on players due to injuries and suspensions we would get more out of some of the young guys than these two have shown, well in the latters case not shown nowt as he cant get a game anyway.

Id rather take a chance and attempt to get rid of them now than wait till then end of the season and run down their contracts continue to pay them for delivering nothing.

Somethimes feels Hibs cant do right for doing wrong in some peoples eyes :confused:

To be fair, when faced with total disaster it's easy to pick up on the more pessimistic side of decisions. We all want new guys in, but if that doesn't pan out the thought of a sizeable group of players even less motivated than before is a bit concerning...

SMAXXA
10-01-2012, 10:05 AM
To be fair, when faced with total disaster it's easy to pick up on the more pessimistic side of decisions. We all want new guys in, but if that doesn't pan out the thought of a sizeable group of players even less motivated than before is a bit concerning...

I totally take your point and can see how it could effect some peoples mindsets so fair doos. Just feel that we need to start at least trying to be positive and collectivly change the mindset and feeling about Hibs at the moment. Its so easy to be pessamistic when things are going bad, but says alot more for us when we can be positive in the face of adversity. (Feel like life coach or positive speaker with that line) :greengrin

I know each to their own though.

scoopyboy
10-01-2012, 10:26 AM

I would love to get rid of the players that are deemed not good enough by PF, don't think its as easy as that.

Who is to say if they don't go we will be allowed to get other players in.

In case you've forgotten Kevin McBride was told to go before the end of 2010 and played against Ayr in the cup.

Have mixed views on throwing the laddies in, relegation battle not the place to blood them but youngsters have no fear and it could be sink or swim for them.

scoopyboy
10-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Not sure I agree with this. The gravy train has ended for these guys. The reality will hit them that they've been at Hibernian FC and probably won't get as good a club again.

If asked to play a few games towards the end of the season, surely they'll be looking to bust a gut to either force Fenlon to change his mind, or attract the attention of other clubs. They'll be desperate for games IMO.

I hope you're right.

JimBHibees
10-01-2012, 10:29 AM

I'm concerned at this.

I hear what you are saying and you are right there is a big difference in telling someone they are free to look for another club and them actually moving. I would say though that any player worth their salt would be keen to move quickly in these circumstances and would be surprised if the majority dont get something sorted this month. If there are a few left who dont get something sorted then so be it I would imagine new players will be in and the chances of them playing would be very low.

Fenlon has been upfront with them and also given them and their agents some time to sort this out. It is also a decision which is also IMO for the betterment of the team and the club.

scoopyboy
10-01-2012, 10:33 AM
I hear what you are saying and you are right there is a big difference in telling someone they are free to look for another club and them actually moving. I would say though that any player worth their salt would be keen to move quickly in these circumstances and would be surprised if the majority dont get something sorted this month. If there are a few left who dont get something sorted then so be it I would imagine new players will be in and the chances of them playing would be very low.

Fenlon has been upfront with them and also given them and their agents some time to sort this out. It is also a decision which is also IMO for the betterment of the team and the club.

I agree that any player worth their salt would.

If they are deemed excess to requirements in a p*** poor Hibs team however they aint gonna get a better club and probably a drop in wages as well.

It may be of course if they don't move they will be paid off later in the month.

HibeeEmma
10-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Palsson - not the worst in the current team but good to see PF being active and look forward to replacing some of these guys with a higher standard of professionals

:flag:

stanton10
10-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Palsson - not the worst in the current team but good to see PF being active and look forward to replacing some of these guys with a higher standard of professionals :flag:It ,angers me that welshy did not get a chance i know for a fact that he is a far better player than wotherspoon/ harte /palson/ galbraith/ stevenson/ towell the guy , not laddie /as some folk regard him is nore comitted to the hibs than any of the above imposters that have some how managed to get games [god knows how] once again a good player leaves without a chance my case rests. GUTTED

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 11:21 AM

And only 20 days to go to get rid of them and hopefully replace them with better, Pat must be working his backside off trying to get new players in,hope he is doing his own scouting and not relying on our own ones to come up with a couple of gems.

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 11:22 AM

Lets hope so Lex.

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 11:25 AM

I'm concerned at this.

Good point Scoops.

silverhibee
10-01-2012, 11:28 AM

Hasn't he been out injured for most of it.

Craig_in_Prague
10-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Good news.
Pat is ruthless and whether he'll do great or not, at least he will go about things with the very best intentions and in an effecient manner.

As others said, 99% of the players could go now and who would care...

He will bring others in, don't worry about that. He already said 1-2 weeks ago that he has a couple of things being worked, and I am sure he will be working his hardest to improve us.

As much as people are saying that IF players end up playing for us, that were told they can leave could harm us, on the other side of the coin, those that Fenlon are happy with, may give us even more, coz they know he believes in them and wants them at the club.

It's never easy during the transfer window, especially given our current state, but we need to trust Pat and come 1 Feb we will feel better, I have no doubt.

JimBHibees
10-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Good news.
Pat is ruthless and whether he'll do great or not, at least he will go about things with the very best intentions and in an effecient manner.

He will bring others in, don't worry about that. He already said 1-2 weeks ago that he has a couple of things being worked, and I am sure he will be working his hardest to improve us.

As much as people are saying that IF players end up playing for us, that were told they can leave could harm us, on the other side of the coin, those that Fenlon are happy with, may give us even more, coz they know he believes in them and wants them at the club.

It's never easy during the transfer window, especially given our current state, but we need to trust Pat and come 1 Feb we will feel better, I have no doubt.

Agree with that. He certainly doesnt appear to be scared to make a decision which is a positive IMO.

brog
10-01-2012, 11:38 AM
VP is defiinitely they type of player we should be signing & I give CC credit for that but it hasn't worked out. I saw VP on TV against Engerlund & he was worst player on park by a country mile but was still acting Billy Bigshot. I hope it doesn't put us off looking for young talent, Doyle on Saturday was impressive & looks like a natural goalscorer.
I feel sorry for Welsh, never had an opportunity but credit to PF for making a quick decision.

Aldo
10-01-2012, 11:47 AM
I really do hope PF has someone lined up to replace these guys.

FWIW VP has been hiding for months and has bought nothing to the team when he had played during this time.

He has a good pedigree but just hasnt applied himself at Hibs TBH.

I do trust PF and he will get my full support. Hopefully get a few in before sat?? CH and MF.

Andy74
10-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Good news.

Yep. I really like that he has come from the LoI were players probably aren't paid as much and don't have the facilities. The type of players that Fenlon will bring us in will have to fit into the way that Fenlon wants his players to work and apprecaite what they have. We've needed that for some time.

It's signing guys like Palsson and Agogo who think they are superstars that have harmed us recently I think. Other teams seem to manage to pick players up from nowhere nd have them do an honest and successful job.

machibby
10-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Since that midweek win against St Mirren last season we've all been waiting for the same Palson to show up. Don't know whether it is attitude or talent but it hasn't happened. Welsh can't really say as haven't seen him in a competitive match, but if PF has done his assessment and found him not to fit in his plans then can't really be a miss. If he was good enough he'd have got his chance.
As a signal of intent from PF however, the others there will be under no illusions, either you make the most of your talents or you'll not find a comfy living at this club. Of course we can't really say PF will turn our fortunes round until we see the type of replacements, but if he starts by changing the teams attitude then it's a good start. Hope it's not another false dawn, but do feel positive he do a good job for us and hope he gets plenty of time and support from all.

Bob Box Fish
10-01-2012, 12:14 PM
I can't understand why he's not tried Welsh out and given him a few matches? Stevenson and Galbraith are piss poor every week and both should have been moved on at the end of last season but seem to feature in PF's team.

woodyhfc4892
10-01-2012, 12:18 PM
I can't understand why he's not tried Welsh out and given him a few matches? Stevenson and Galbraith are piss poor every week and both should have been moved on at the end of last season but seem to feature in PF's team.

I take it you've not watched Hibs the last few weeks? Lewis has been our best player in recent times. I do agree with Galbraith though as he has done absolutely nothing to merit a game.

SquashedFrogg
10-01-2012, 12:22 PM
I take it you've not watched Hibs the last few weeks? Lewis has been our best player in recent times. I do agree with Galbraith though as he has done absolutely nothing to merit a game.

To be fair he whipped the ball in the box for our goal in the derby and crossed for Wotherspoon to score on Saturday.

bawheid
10-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Do Hibs.net get their money back for his sponsorship if he leaves in January?! :greengrin

shagpile
10-01-2012, 12:26 PM
According to SSN both told they can find new clubs? sorry if posted elsewhere if so delete

There is no word of this on the SSN website? Latest news there is on Aberdeen releasing McGennis!

Albion Hibs
10-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Do Hibs.net get their money back for his sponsorship if he leaves in January?! :greengrin

I am starting to think the sponsorship my be a curse! Look what it has done to Booth!!

If so anychance we can sponsor the entire Dunfermline 1st team before Saturday?!

Mikey
10-01-2012, 12:31 PM

We're on the case with that one already :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2012, 12:36 PM
To be fair he whipped the ball in the box for our goal in the derby and crossed for Wotherspoon to score on Saturday.

Two "decent" phases of play in 180 minutes, we would genuinely need a lot lot more from Galbraith if we wants to be a first team player IMO

stanton10
10-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Two "decent" phases of play in 180 minutes, we would genuinely need a lot lot more from Galbraith if we wants to be a first team player IMO
He ,galbraith and stevenson have had a hell of lot of chances and failed to produce the goods how the manager can put welshy on the bench 4 weeks on the trot then let him go is beyond me as i said in my last post ,he is better than 90 per cent of the players that are still there i have to worry about pf of course IMO.

Andy74
10-01-2012, 01:04 PM
He ,galbraith and stevenson have had a hell of lot of chances and failed to produce the goods how the manager can put welshy on the bench 4 weeks on the trot then let him go is beyond me as i said in my last post ,he is better than 90 per cent of the players that are still there i have to worry about pf of course IMO.

They train every day and have bounce matches regularly.

If the manager felt he deserved to be in ahead of those players he would be.

Getting a chance isn't just about getting a free place in the team. It needs earned and if you don't do enought to earn it then there's no point in being around.

Jeez, we have an awful squad yet we bleat at the propspect of any of them going anywhere!

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2012, 01:05 PM

The manager will see every player each day, and while the odd one gets away now and again, i'm struggling to remember any kid who's come through the ranks make it after leaving Hibs?

Welsh has been very unlucky with injuries, but if he was going to break through i'd have thought with this pile of sheite that represent us these days, he'd have done it by now?

JimBHibees
10-01-2012, 01:07 PM

I would assume he must see Welsh in training and bounce matches and think others are better than him at present. He has been unlucky with injuries for sure however this is probably the best chance he will ever get of playing for Hibs given how poor we are at the moment and for him not to be playing must be worrying for him and a reflection PF doesnt think he is good enough.

stanton10
10-01-2012, 01:11 PM
h
I would assume he must see Welsh in training and bounce matches and think others are better than him at present. He has been unlucky with injuries for sure however this is probably the best chance he will ever get of playing for Hibs given how poor we are at the moment and for him not to be playing must be worrying for him and a reflection PF doesnt think he is good enough.

HAIL PF HAIL PF IMO,

The_Sauz
10-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Does VP contract not finish at the end of this season :confused:

Sir David Gray
10-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Does VP contract not finish at the end of this season :confused:

Yep.

The_Sauz
10-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Yep.
So he could have been told his contract will not be renewed, rather than been told to GTF :wink:

Bob Box Fish
10-01-2012, 02:31 PM

I came up for the Hearts game. Only saw highlights of the Cowdenbeath game but I have saw enough of Stevenson over the years to confirm he is not good enough.

Frazerbob
10-01-2012, 02:37 PM
I came up for the Hearts game. Only saw highlights of the Cowdenbeath game but I have saw enough of Stevenson over the years to confirm he is not good enough.

I like Stevenson. He's a nice guy who works hard, not a bevvy merchant etc. He has been our best player over the last month or so, easily. However IMO that is more a reflection of where we are as a team rather than LS improving his game to any great degree. Stevenson should be a squad player at best. The very fact that he has become our main man is one of the reasons we are staring relegation in the face.

woodyhfc4892
10-01-2012, 02:38 PM

I agree maybe not a long term solution but while he is playing well we need to get behind him and hope he proves everyone wrong.

Hibernia Na Eir
10-01-2012, 02:50 PM
palsson, for a guy who was Scouse reserve capt, I found his play niggley, unsure, awkward and wayward. Plus, I also started to notice him being dragged down to lesser players levels during spats. Sadly, he's not the player we thought he'd be. far from it.
Welsh, not seen any of him but really should've done something by now. hope he does well wherever he goes.

Cocaine&Caviar
10-01-2012, 03:43 PM
VP: Tweet "Want to thank Hibs, the fans and staff and of course the lads for a great 12 months I had at Hibs. All the best to everyone. #GGTH (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23GGTH)"

PatHead
10-01-2012, 03:52 PM
There is no word of this on the SSN website? Latest news there is on Aberdeen releasing McGennis!

Was on the bar along the bottom last night and this morning-not the breaking news one

SquashedFrogg
10-01-2012, 03:54 PM

Agree we need more from him but I see 2 assists in his last 2 matches as some form of progress.

He's now getting a wee run in the team which can only help him. He still relatively young and I'm hopeful in an improved team/squad he'll start to develop into the type of player we hoped for.

Fat Penlon
10-01-2012, 04:01 PM
VP: Tweet "Want to thank Hibs, the fans and staff and of course the lads for a great 12 months I had at Hibs. All the best to everyone. #GGTH (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23GGTH)"

Francis dickoh also said on twitter he had spoken with palsson and he was leaving hibs. Sounds like he will be away sooner rather than later.

SMAXXA
10-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Agree we need more from him but I see 2 assists in his last 2 matches as some form of progress.

He's now getting a wee run in the team which can only help him. He still relatively young and I'm hopeful in an improved team/squad he'll start to develop into the type of player we hoped for.

No a first 11 pick for me, struggling to even say id have him on the bench, regardless of last 2 matches. Not much of a return in what about 2-3 years, goal at darkheid aside.

As I said about Harts performance on saturday (looked a bit better), one swallow doesnt make a summer!

So for me as they say in the dragons den...............I'm Out!

Andy74
10-01-2012, 04:02 PM
From his twitter message looks like VP has actually left. Good news if true as we don't want players hanging around that aren't needed.

Fat Penlon
10-01-2012, 04:07 PM
From his twitter message looks like VP has actually left. Good news if true as we don't want players hanging around that aren't needed.

Seems strange that hibs haven't announced it?

Same with agogo and thornhill if they have also left.

Lofarl
10-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Want to thank Hibs, the fans and staff and of course the lads for a great 12 months I had at Hibs. All the best to everyone. #GGTH (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23GGTH)

From Vics twitter.

TowerHibs
10-01-2012, 04:33 PM
I think VP will be another one who in a couple of years will become a very good player! Hibs have had bad habits/attitude in the changing room ever since the players went to Petries door behind Collin's back.

We need to strip the playing staff back as much as possible toget rid of this pish attitude that has been around for 3 years. Every player in the squad apart from Doyle is guilty of it, it shows and needs to be stripped out. Any new players will quickly pick up these habits from the players who are still here.

I think VP got caught up in it all

weecounty hibby
10-01-2012, 04:36 PM
I think VP will be another one who in a couple of years will become a very good player! Hibs have had bad habits/attitude in the changing room ever since the players went to Petries door behind Collin's back.

We need to strip the playing staff back as much as possible toget rid of this pish attitude that has been around for 3 years. Every player in the squad apart from Doyle is guilty of it, it shows and needs to be stripped out. Any new players will quickly pick up these habits from the players who are still here.

Yes the players have been unptoffesional in their behaviours and attitudes over the last few years but I think that will change now that we have a complete new coaching structure. And I don't just mean manager. The manager has changed a few times recently but the coaches remained the same!

TowerHibs
10-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Yes the players have been unptoffesional in their behaviours and attitudes over the last few years but I think that will change now that we have a complete new coaching structure. And I don't just mean manager. The manager has changed a few times recently but the coaches remained the same!

I agree it makes it easier to change a culture, but PF will have to get rid of 75-80% of the players who just accept 2nd best, take their kit off and get on with their lives! They say winning becomes a habit, we'll our players have a habit of losing and this is a much difficult habit to get out of. Out squad are at the least, 12 months used to losing. Others are longer! To me, says everything about the players attitude to games, training and the sport. Used to losing and doesn't hurt as much as a result

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2012, 04:46 PM

Absolute nonsense, only Doyle is free from this accusation of a pish attitude. Again just 100% nonsense.

TowerHibs
10-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Absolute nonsense, only Doyle is free from this accusation of a pish attitude. Again just 100% nonsense.

I'm not just saying pish attitude though BH. I'm talking about the habits in the squad, the atmosphere around the changing room. Apart from Doyle, every player has at most won 4 games of football in 12 months. Simply not good enough on all fronts. Where are the leaders on the changing room, where are the fall outs? I very much doubt Paul Hanlon has had anyone up against the wall demanding more!! The players are used to losing, and that can only suggest it doesn't hurt as much as it should

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm not just saying pish attitude though BH. I'm talking about the habits in the squad, the atmosphere around the changing room. Apart from Doyle, every player has at most won 4 games of football in 12 months. Simply not good enough on all fronts. Where are the leaders on the changing room, where are the fall outs? I very much doubt Paul Hanlon has had anyone up against the wall demanding more!! The players are used to losing, and that can only suggest it doesn't hurt as much as it should

You said this (Hibs have had bad habits/attitude in the changing room ever since the players went to Petries door behind Collin's back.) Most of those players have gone, the coaches have changed, and the manager, 3 times.

And we hear all the time about how good a trainer the likes of Wotherspoon and Hanlon are, along with Lewis Stevenson and many others, then folk wanting all the kids thrown in too, they are all champing at the bit.

The players are used to losing, and there's a very good reason for that. Most are not very good. They could drag some of the opposition round the back of the FF and shoot them, it wouldn't make them any better footballers.

I bet some folk will still be blaming the players who went to Petries house 10 years from now.:rolleyes:

weecounty hibby
10-01-2012, 05:04 PM

Spot on. But the attitude change needs a leader, someone who has the experience, the winning mentality the guy who hates to lose but also someone the others will respect and look up to. We need another Sauzee/Archibald type signing. Both these guys were world class, had seen it and done it all but still gave 100% to Hibs and dragged everyone else along with them.

weecounty hibby
10-01-2012, 05:06 PM
You said this (Hibs have had bad habits/attitude in the changing room ever since the players went to Petries door behind Collin's back.) Most of those players have gone, the coaches have changed, and the manager, 3 times.

And we hear all the time about how good a trainer the likes of Wotherspoon and Hanlon are, along with Lewis Stevenson and many others, then folk wanting all the kids thrown in too, they are all champing at the bit.

The players are used to losing, and there's a very good reason for that. Most are not very good. They could drag some of the opposition round the back of the FF and shoot them, it wouldn't make them any better footballers.

I bet some folk will still be blaming the players who went to Petries house 10 years from now.:rolleyes:

But the coaches didn't change. We had the same coaches at ER since before JC. **** knows what they were coaching cos it sure wasn't how to win football matches

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2012, 05:21 PM
But the coaches didn't change. We had the same coaches at ER since before JC. **** knows what they were coaching cos it sure wasn't how to win football matches

I thought we have just sacked someone, his name escapes me. He was in charge after moving up from the 19s, for one game against Killie?

I am not 100% sure, but i'd pretty much guarantee they were coaching pretty much exactly the same as every other club in this country. I remember Gordon Marshall being hounded out because he could not make Maka any better, when Gordon Banks would have given up on that clown.

We go from the players not being fit, thats rubbish and an easy excuse fans and EVERY NEW MANGER that comes to a club use when losing. Then we move onto the coaches, they cant be doing their job correctly.

We have had a terrific team in 2007 torn apart and replaced with dross, dross that cant keep the ball and have to chase it all game, and that contributes to them looking knackered every game. And the clowns successive managers have brought to the club are so bad, Fergie and Mourinho wouldn't mange to get them winning.

Where i do agree is we have no leaders, and every team need those types of men. Our spine is weak, we have no midfield or full backs, you could have all the fighters in the world who drag people up against the wall, but if they have the football ability of this lot, it wouldnt make any difference imo.

SquashedFrogg
10-01-2012, 05:23 PM
No a first 11 pick for me, struggling to even say id have him on the bench, regardless of last 2 matches. Not much of a return in what about 2-3 years, goal at darkheid aside.

As I said about Harts performance on saturday (looked a bit better), one swallow doesnt make a summer!

So for me as they say in the dragons den...............I'm Out!

Fair enough. I agree he's hardly set the heather alight since he's been with us but I'd like to see him get a good run of games and play in a better Hibs team to see what he can really do. I'm convinced there's a decent player in there and would like to find out before we ditch him.

Again, he's still fairly young and no where near his peak.

I'd bin Ivan before him. :cb

IMHO

TowerHibs
10-01-2012, 05:26 PM

God forbid anyone having an opinion that differs from the great blackpoolhibs.

We had 5 Scotland u 21 internationals in the team on Saturday. They are not bad players when they are playing there are they? So to say the players are simply not good enough is an easy kop out. Its attitude, workrate, intellegence, support, leadership, belief all of which there is very little at east mains or Easter road. It's a number of factors that will take time, patience and understanding.

weecounty hibby
10-01-2012, 05:48 PM
I thought we have just sacked someone, his name escapes me. He was in charge after moving up from the 19s, for one game against Killie?

I am not 100% sure, but i'd pretty much guarantee they were coaching pretty much exactly the same as every other club in this country. I remember Gordon Marshall being hounded out because he could not make Maka any better, when Gordon Banks would have given up on that clown.

We go from the players not being fit, thats rubbish and an easy excuse fans and EVERY NEW MANGER that comes to a club use when losing. Then we move onto the coaches, they cant be doing their job correctly.

We have had a terrific team in 2007 torn apart and replaced with dross, dross that cant keep the ball and have to chase it all game, and that contributes to them looking knackered every game. And the clowns successive managers have brought to the club are so bad, Fergie and Mourinho wouldn't mange to get them winning.

Where i do agree is we have no leaders, and every team need those types of men. Our spine is weak, we have no midfield or full backs, you could have all the fighters in the world who drag people up against the wall, but if they have the football ability of this lot, it wouldnt make any difference imo.

I meant the mental/attitude type of coaching. You could have the technically best player in the world but if his attitude stinks he will become a poorer player for it. Look at Messi, his workrate and will to win are second to none. Couple that with his ability and you have the best player I've seen since Maradonna. We have had years of average players with piss poor attitudes and no real will to win, that makes for painful watching and teams near the foot of the table

Zondervan
10-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Official now re Victor:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120110/palsson-leaves-club_2262950_2572619

No word on Welsh though

SMAXXA
10-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Fair enough. I agree he's hardly set the heather alight since he's been with us but I'd like to see him get a good run of games and play in a better Hibs team to see what he can really do. I'm convinced there's a decent player in there and would like to find out before we ditch him.

Again, he's still fairly young and no where near his peak.

I'd bin Ivan before him. :cb

IMHO

I know what your saying but under fenlon he has played quite alot of games and I still dont think he is good enough, granted hes still playing in a crap team. I think if we were to settle for mediocrety then stick with Hanlon. Galbraith, Stevenson, Wotherspoon etc but we need to aim higher than that. These guys have had alot of time to prove themselves and have done little to do so. What makes it more frustrating is that I hear folk saying they are playing in a crap team etc, but surley if a player is any good he would shine and stick out in a pissss poor team but none of these guys do.

Again its nowt personal cause I think they are all good guys having met them a few times but just dont cut it for me.

FWIW I think our best "New signing" will be Ozzy when he is fit, think he will be like a new player as we have really missed him.

SquashedFrogg
10-01-2012, 06:46 PM
I know what your saying but under fenlon he has played quite alot of games and I still dont think hge is good enough, granted hes still playing in a crap team. I think if we were to settle for mediocrety then stick with Hanlon,. Galbraith, Stevenson, Wotherspoon etc but we need to aim higher than that. These guys have had alot of time to prove themselves and have done little to do so. What makes it more frustrating is that I hear folk saying they are playing in a crap team etc, but surley if a player is any good he would shine and stick out in a pissss poor team but none of these guys do.

Ahain its nowt personal cause I think they are all good guys having met them a few times but just dont cut it for me.

FWIW I think our best "New signing" will be Ozzy when he is fit, think he will be like a new player as we have really missed him.

Agree with what you're saying. I guess I always felt he would come good and I'm maybe clutching at straws. Time will tell I guess.

As for Ozzy, he's exactly the kind of player we should build our team around. I've seen more than enough to see he's not only a very talented player but has a great attitude.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2012, 06:46 PM

We had 5 Scotland u 21 internationals in the team on Saturday. They are not bad players when they are playing there are they? So to say the players are simply not good enough is an easy kop out. Its attitude, workrate, intellegence, support, leadership, belief all of which there is very little at east mains or Easter road. It's a number of factors that will take time, patience and understanding.

I wont even bother.

CallumLaidlaw
10-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Really disappointed with Palsson. He has shown that he has the ability. After his first 2 games for the club, I honestly thought I'd found a new favourite player, but his work ethic and drive is clearly lacking. He talked about learning from Steven gerrard. Well if he had 10% of Steven gerrards drive, he'd be the best player in our team. Hope for his sake he bucks up his ideas, or he won't play at a decent level for very long!!

SMAXXA
10-01-2012, 06:51 PM

What I dont understand is you seem to want to believe that there are six I counted excuses / factors in these players not performing rather than the obvious one that they simply are not good enough, seems very strange, its like saying its always someone elses fault but mine.

Dont buy into that at all if im honest.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2012, 06:52 PM
I meant the mental/attitude type of coaching. You could have the technically best player in the world but if his attitude stinks he will become a poorer player for it. Look at Messi, his workrate and will to win are second to none. Couple that with his ability and you have the best player I've seen since Maradonna. We have had years of average players with piss poor attitudes and no real will to win, that makes for painful watching and teams near the foot of the table

All attributes of poor players imo, which you seem to agree with?. Billy brown is supposed to be this hard bugger who wont accept slackers or bad attitude, since he arrived there's been no difference whatsoever, seems to suggest A they either have ability but no matter what, they do not want to improve. Or B as i think, these players are not as good as they think, and are being emptied at a great rate of knots.

Bostonhibby
10-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Shows how important attitude and application is. Palsson probably has talent but not much use if your heids up your @*$e.

:agree: but don't think Calderwood gave a monkeys about us then and probably didn't fancy the decision. Nae loss to us whatever he does next.

weecounty hibby
10-01-2012, 06:55 PM
All attributes of poor players imo, which you seem to agree with?. Billy brown is supposed to be this hard bugger who wont accept slackers or bad attitude, since he arrived there's been no difference whatsoever, seems to suggest A they either have ability but no matter what, they do not want to improve. Or B as i think, these players are not as good as they or the new manager thinks, and are being emptied at a great rate of knots.

We are in agreement, I do think however that BB is having an effect. This is the first window he has been involved in and we are starting to move on the imposters as far as I can see. Hopefully to be replaced with better players with better attitudes.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2012, 06:57 PM
We are in agreement, I do think however that BB is having an effect. This is the first window he has been involved in and we are starting to move on the imposters as far as I can see. Hopefully to be replaced with better players with better attitudes.

Better players are a must, we have more than our fair share of dross. :agree:

stokesmessiah
10-01-2012, 07:01 PM

Would that not just mean they are simply not good enough??

BEEJ
10-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Really disappointed with Palsson. He has shown that he has the ability. After his first 2 games for the club, I honestly thought I'd found a new favourite player, but his work ethic and drive is clearly lacking.
:agree: Equally disappointed.

He appeared to have the right pedigree and raced out of the blocks when he first arrived. Strange one.

HibeeSince85
10-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Or B as i think, these players are not as good as they think, and are being emptied at a great rate of knots.

This is exactly what it is,

This team that we have at the moment has 3 maybe 4 good players in it and that's with a squad of 20 odd at the start of the season.

Ferryhibby
10-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Havent read all the posts regarding this so appologies if its been brought up, but my problem is letting all these guys go is all very well but report in tonites EEN says he's having trouble bringing players in because of our lowly position, so if theyr away then all very well but arnt we leaving ourselves a little bare in squad depth, unless hes already got one or two lined up and these are the wages to help along.....really dissapointed with Welsh, thought hed have been given a chance, but, if PF deems him surplus to requirements then so be it, we have to trust his judgement, at least Griffiths will be happy with it.

Seveno
10-01-2012, 07:58 PM
I like Stevenson. He's a nice guy who works hard, not a bevvy merchant etc. He has been our best player over the last month or so, easily. However IMO that is more a reflection of where we are as a team rather than LS improving his game to any great degree. Stevenson should be a squad player at best. The very fact that he has become our main man is one of the reasons we are staring relegation in the face.

That's a very negative view to take. Under PF, Lewis has grown in confidence, is much more positive and prepared to take responsibility. In short, he is now showing the ability based on his potential from his early years. We hold be proud of him and encouraged by PF's approach.

BEEJ
10-01-2012, 08:30 PM
....really dissapointed with Welsh, thought hed have been given a chance, but, if PF deems him surplus to requirements then so be it, we have to trust his judgement, at least Griffiths will be happy with it.
Scott?

Dropkick Murphy
10-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Not sure why Palsson has been singled out for his 'lack of effort', there are a lot of players I would have let go before him.

Francis Dickoh on twitter today said he was very surprised Palsson has been let go, described him as "one of the few hard working players at the club"

SonOfTortolano
10-01-2012, 08:44 PM
FFS! Did Welshy not win the Crossbar Challenge on Soccer AM last time Hibs were on it?

DaveF
10-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Not sure why Palsson has been singled out for his 'lack of effort', there are a lot of players I would have let go before him.

Francis Dickoh on twitter today said he was very surprised Palsson has been let go, described him as "one of the few hard working players at the club"

He's certainly had some poor games in the last few months but being played at RB probably didn't help with that. I thought he was very good against the yams and was hoping he would kick on from that and get a run in the team. Whether BB has had an influence on Fenlon's decision, I suppose we'll never know, but I'm sorry to see him go and I hope things work out for him elsewhere.

Ferryhibby
10-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Scott?

Him too but Griffiths and Welsh had a bust up when they wer youngsters in the team which resulted in griffiths leaving.

Cropley10
10-01-2012, 10:59 PM

There wasn't any incident. SL went there the next day and found the whole thing had been made up by the Newspaper...

Docker
10-01-2012, 11:05 PM

No worries about him hanging around.......saw him boarding a BMI flight to Brussels at the back of 4 today!

Probably the fastest he's moved since he's been here!!!

dp00
10-01-2012, 11:14 PM
He is on twitter saying he will see various players on Thursday... Maybe a pre planned trip ?

basehibby
11-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Want to thank Hibs, the fans and staff and of course the lads for a great 12 months I had at Hibs. All the best to everyone. #GGTH (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23GGTH)

From Vics twitter.

Nice sign off from Vic - and all the best to you too mate :thumbsup:

basehibby
11-01-2012, 12:37 AM

I'd say he's been released more to give better balance and open up a wage than due to lack of effort on the pitch.

Positions he's played: central defensive mid - his best position but Stevenson and Osbourne surely ahead of him in the queue

Right back - not looked great there with Wotherspoon, Hart, Towell and now Hanlon being prefered options under Fenlon

Fenlon has probably identified that other areas such as a playmaker and some good defenders are the priority and has moved Palsson on to make room

chrisski33
11-01-2012, 08:22 AM
According to bbc palsson has left now.

CallumLaidlaw
11-01-2012, 08:29 AM
According to bbc palsson has left now.

Hibs official site had that last night mate

NOLA
11-01-2012, 09:33 AM
FFS! Did Welshy not win the Crossbar Challenge on Soccer AM last time Hibs were on it?
:greengrin

MSK
11-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Welsh has not been released ...http://www.scotsman.com/leigh_griffiths_to_miss_hibs_cup_tie_after_ban_1_2 048292

Monts
11-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Him too but Griffiths and Welsh had a bust up when they wer youngsters in the team which resulted in griffiths leaving.

Any idea if Welsh was in the crowd in saturdays game? :wink:

Betty Boop
11-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Welsh has not been released ...http://www.scotsman.com/leigh_griffiths_to_miss_hibs_cup_tie_after_ban_1_2 048292

Good grief what a horrible photo ! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm glad it appears Welsh is getting another chance to impress.

He does seem to have a lot of admirers, has been injured a lot and maybe just needs this little extra time to show he's over those injuries? :dunno:

sesoim
11-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Wow.

Palsson disappoints me so much, showed so much promise, but clearly too far up his own ass.

He is a fantastic example of how no signing is a guaranteed bet. Here was a player from Liverpool, captain of country's successful under 21 side and he has bombed. Funny when you remember our initial reaction was to complain he wasn't on a long enough contract!

I agree that on the surface, Palsson should have been a great addition, but a good manager should be able to judge a player's attitude and mentality as well as his ability. CC wasn't capable of doing that kind of thing and as a result, Palsson was one of a number of players he lumbered us with who just aren't "winners".

Palsson for me has been a huge letdown and if he doesn't get his finger out he will be part-time in Iceland before you can say frozen dinners.

HFC 0-7
11-01-2012, 02:19 PM

He does seem to have a lot of admirers, has been injured a lot and maybe just needs this little extra time to show he's over those injuries? :dunno:

Wonder if this is because Fenlon is struggling to get players in and wants to make sure he can call on Welsh's services if needed, or possibly the original article about both of them being told they can go was wrong./

sesoim
11-01-2012, 02:23 PM

I'd give Welsh a bit longer as he isn't likely to be costing us much compared to some of the other players currently being offloaded. But if he can't get a game in THIS team, I doubt he'll be good enough when we are back in our rightful place in the league (whatever that was, such a long time ago now!).

Jones28
11-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Shame about Palson, he looked very promising when he first arrived but has declined and faded away to being the most under performing player at Hibs. Good luck to him, he seems to be a real pro