PDA

View Full Version : Craigentinny House Burglary - Stolen Laptop etc.

YetholmHibee
09-01-2012, 07:58 PM
All,

It is a long shot, but you never know ?

My house was broken into (ramshacked) on Saturday & a lot of items were stolen.

A HP laptop, WD passport external drive (colour RED), PS3 with 2 controllers & a few games to start with . . . :brickwall

The loss of family\friends photographs on both the laptop & RED WD passport external drive are non replaceable!

If you hear of these items being sold etc. - let me know please.

The family photographs mean more to me than the actual devices.

Regards,
YH

Hibernia Na Eir
09-01-2012, 08:08 PM
total s*um whoever breaks into another persons property.
good luck mate.

.Sean.
09-01-2012, 08:19 PM
There's a thread in the Dug-Out about a break-in, dunno if they could be related?

IWasThere2016
09-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Good luck with the recovery of your things YH.

monktonharp
09-01-2012, 09:04 PM
hope the dirty ****bag barsteward(s) is caught mate. you never know, somebody might hear of a cheap laptop for sale from sopme druggie turd.:brickwall

ALF TUPPER
09-01-2012, 09:37 PM
I'll ask around ;)

Jamesie
09-01-2012, 10:37 PM
It's my mate Andy's thread in the dugout - http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?224448-House-break-in-Tonight-1920ish-Mountcastle-Drive-South

Andy lost a lot of photos too. Breaking in is bad enough, but stealing an external hard disk is lower than low - you've got to know that you're thieving somebody's backups in doing so. Utter s*um.

NOLA
09-01-2012, 11:25 PM
hope you get some of your belongings back, horrible feeling when some1 breaks into your house, happened to me earlier last year but luckily i was in at the time and chased the **** off, ****bags :fuming:

LeithBoozy
09-01-2012, 11:38 PM
I am sorry to hear that mate, the Arab countrys had the right idea, cut the hand off the bastas.

AndyB_70
09-01-2012, 11:48 PM
As Jamesie said this happened to me last week so I know how you are feeling mate. I'd cut their f-ing hands off. If at any point you got some off your pictures printed from some online printing site like Photobox then you can get a DVD copy of your pics back. This is how I manged to get some of my pics back. Now glad that my wife made me get actual prints of some if our photos.

Beefster
10-01-2012, 06:48 AM
I realise that this is too late for the OP but there are a few things that can help if a computer is stolen. I use Prey on all the PCs/laptops in the house and it lets you track a stolen computer's location, take photos of the lowlife using it, lock it and more.

http://preyproject.com/

bighairyfaeleith
10-01-2012, 07:37 AM
get yourself round the pawnbrokers, pretty sure you will find some of your stuff, the police should then be able to start tracing who done it. You won't get your stuff back for ages though as the police will take it as evidence. A friend found some of his stuff in the place on queen street.

dangermouse
10-01-2012, 08:04 AM
As Jamesie said this happened to me last week so I know how you are feeling mate. I'd cut their f-ing hands off. If at any point you got some off your pictures printed from some online printing site like Photobox then you can get a DVD copy of your pics back. This is how I manged to get some of my pics back. Now glad that my wife made me get actual prints of some if our photos.

Photobox is a great site. You can back up all your photos online for free and I would urge anyone who has not already done so to consider doing this as well as using an external drive. If your ISP is Virgin Media you can also use Vstuff to back up photo's, files and music online but you get a limited amount of space but can pay extra for more.

Speedy
10-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Photobox is a great site. You can back up all your photos online for free and I would urge anyone who has not already done so to consider doing this as well as using an external drive. If your ISP is Virgin Media you can also use Vstuff to back up photo's, files and music online but you get a limited amount of space but can pay extra for more.

Dropbox is also good, albeit with limited space(1 GB maybe?)

You can upload stuff and access it from your PC, phone, tablet through the app or on any other PC through their website.

I used it for sharing group project work at uni.

12AlbionPlace
12-01-2012, 11:59 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-16528843

Any connection to this?

AndyB_70
12-01-2012, 05:23 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-16528843

Any connection to this?

Please have told me that they have arrested a 15 year old relating to my house break in. Do you think I could claim the Audi that was recovered.