PDA

View Full Version : Martin Keown on ESPN

Winston Ingram
09-01-2012, 06:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ouao_97GYY

Sylar
09-01-2012, 06:54 PM
ESPN already removed it due to copyright.

Winston Ingram
09-01-2012, 06:59 PM
ESPN already removed it due to copyright.

Fixed:agree:

HibeeMG
09-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Ha, nae luck!

He turned around pretty quickly to see who he had to hit in return. Robbie Savage trying not to piss himself. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
09-01-2012, 07:01 PM
What was it?

Barney McGrew
09-01-2012, 07:02 PM
What was it?

ESPN were doing one of their pitchside pundit things and he got skelped on the heed by a ball from one of the Leeds players warming up

IWasThere2016
09-01-2012, 07:13 PM
ESPN were doing one of their pitchside pundit things and he got skelped on the heed by a ball from one of the Leeds players warming up

Excellent :agree:

3pm
09-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Has nobody hit Burley with a bullet yet?

TheMentalHibees
09-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Well that made me chuckle heartily. Imagine the Leeds player who'd done it :na na:

Mikeystewart
09-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Also noted Burley about 5 mins ago getting himself into a bit of an awkward moment with John Champion over the Olympics, Burley says he isn't fussed about the Olympics champion says "this isn't a platform for you to make a dig at the greatest tournament to blah blah F***in blah...".

TheEastTerrace
09-01-2012, 07:30 PM
"No wonder he's in the ****in reserves" :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOgTCbz-XmU

H18sry
09-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Keown's comment was very witty aswell " he could not have meant to hit me as he's not that good" :greengrin

big-mo
09-01-2012, 07:46 PM
They are now having to do their half-time summing up with the crowd throwing hot-dogs at them and the chants of 'ESPN is a lot of *****'. Great stuff, better than the game, that will teach them to save money on having a pundit box.

HibeeMG
09-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Also noted Burley about 5 mins ago getting himself into a bit of an awkward moment with John Champion over the Olympics, Burley says he isn't fussed about the Olympics champion says "this isn't a platform for you to make a dig at the greatest tournament to blah blah F***in blah...".

Yep, noticed that too.

It was an obvious disagreement as Burley said he was entitled to his opinion and that there was no need for Champion to 'get his knickers in a twist'.

Whatever people think of the Olympics is by-the-by but I don't particularly need to know Craig Burley's opinion on the merits of it when he's only there to talk about the football.

lyonhibs
09-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Yep, noticed that too.

It was an obvious disagreement as Burley said he was entitled to his opinion and that there was no need for Champion to 'get his knickers in a twist'.

Whatever people think of the Olympics is by-the-by but I don't particularly need to know Craig Burley's opinion on the merits of it when he's only there to talk about the football.

Personally, I have no need to know any of Craig Burley's opinions on anything, as they are those of a slavering gob*****. Definitely one of the top 3 nippy pundits out there.

Onceinawhile
09-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Yep, noticed that too.

But they were discussing the football at the Olympics. It was a fair comment and he had every right to make it.

HibeeMG
09-01-2012, 08:24 PM
But they were discussing the football at the Olympics. It was a fair comment and he had every right to make it.

A comment, fair enough. But to go on a rant about only being interested in the 100m final and not being interested in the rest of the sports was too much and didn't actually add to the discussion apart from making him look like a bell-end. I don't mind people having their opinion but as , Jon Champion said, it wasn't an invitation for him to air his uninteresting grievances about the Olympics in general.

Cropley10
09-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Yep, noticed that too.

Craig Burley is a front bottom.

BEEJ
09-01-2012, 10:41 PM
A comment, fair enough. But to go on a rant about only being interested in the 100m final and not being interested in the rest of the sports was too much and didn't actually add to the discussion apart from making him look like a bell-end. I don't mind people having their opinion but as , Jon Champion said, it wasn't an invitation for him to air his uninteresting grievances about the Olympics in general.
And yet unconstrained, Jon Champion would have been happy to eulogise for a minute or so about the wonderful sporting event that will be gracing London and the south of England only 200 days away now.

No real place for that in the midst of tonight's commentary either.

KiddA
10-01-2012, 03:26 AM
This is quality, never hit the fud hard enough :agree:

patlowe
10-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Personally, I have no need to know any of Craig Burley's opinions on anything, as they are those of a slavering gob*****. Definitely one of the top 3 nippy pundits out there.

During his commentary on the recent Rangers match at ER, Burley went on this utterly bizarre rant about how referees were "pretentious" and questioned what they get up to on a night out, suggesting they probably "blow each other's whistles". As well as lacking any sort of charm, wit or insight, the man talks utter nonsense.

lapsedhibee
10-01-2012, 01:31 PM
This is quality, never hit the fud hard enough :agree:

:confused: Why's Keown a fud? Did he once shout at a Manchester U player or something? :dunno:

Cropley10
10-01-2012, 10:37 PM
:confused: Why's Keown a fud? Did he once shout at a Manchester U player or something? :dunno:

He's got a great face for radio or keeping the bairns away far the fire :greengrin:

lapsedhibee
10-01-2012, 10:54 PM
He's got a great face for radio or keeping the bairns away far the fire :greengrin:

Keown in a Manchester U shirt! (http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/gallery/2001/05/11/plug.gif&imgrefurl=http://football.guardian.co.uk/pictures/image/0,8556,-10404185208,00.html&h=350&w=221&sz=41&tbnid=uw6G5_6Sdke0PM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=57&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dplug%2Bfrom%2Bthe%2Bbash%2Bstreet%2Bk ids%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=plug+from+the+bash+street+kids&docid=sQZh02gs2Slg0M&sa=X&ei=SM0MT9-NIorv8QOuxJHnBQ&ved=0CCgQ9QEwAg&dur=15352)

KiddA
11-01-2012, 01:15 AM

Yeah that and numerous other things and the fact that I like Utd. Why do you ask?

lapsedhibee
11-01-2012, 07:51 AM
Yeah that and numerous other things and the fact that I like Utd. Why do you ask?

I ask because he seems like a perfectly reasonable pundit to me and wondered whether your own view, like much else on this board recently, is in any way distorted by an obsessional Manchester U love. Not sure if you've noticed but whenever the name of Gary Neville - someone who many non-U fans disliked as a player - crops up as a pundit, people are quick to give him credit for the good job he does now.

Monts
11-01-2012, 01:31 PM

My mate actually hates Martin Keown cos he kept scoring own goals for his team on fifa.

lyonhibs
11-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Martin Keown is an Arsenal legend, a proper defender's defender, and also the only (sort of) celebrity that I've seen here in Oxford in the flesh so lay off!! :gun:

Ugly as sin mind, but a decent pundit.

yorkshire hib
11-01-2012, 04:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ouao_97GYY
ha ha wish it would have hit savage

KdyHby
11-01-2012, 05:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ9xgxy5xVE&feature=related

KiddA
12-01-2012, 04:02 AM
I ask because he seems like a perfectly reasonable pundit to me and wondered whether your own view, like much else on this board recently, is in any way distorted by an obsessional Manchester U love. Not sure if you've noticed but whenever the name of Gary Neville - someone who many non-U fans disliked as a player - crops up as a pundit, people are quick to give him credit for the good job he does now.

Not seen Keown as a pundit don't get him in the usa but as a player he was a complete knob of a man :agree: he should probably stick to radio as the last time I seen a face like that was on a pirates flag :wink:

Just my opinion though but what you will find is a lot of non Man Utd fans will think the same thing.

Just a thought though if a Hearts player behaved like he did that day on one of our players what would your thoughts be on him?

lapsedhibee
12-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Just a thought though if a Hearts player behaved like he did that day on one of our players what would your thoughts be on him?

Only vaguely remember an Arsenal-Manchester U match where Van Nistelrooy missed a pen and Keown was gloating in a rather unpleasant way, which I agree didn't look good at all, but can't remember what if anything led up to that - did RVN dive for the pen, or something like that?

Anyway there was I think a bit of bad blood between Arsenal and Manchester U at the time - also remember Viera winding up Keane in the tunnel and Keane snarling back (which might have been the same game as above). Should not imo mean that any of these players shouldn't get a fair hearing as a pundit, and from the little I've seen of him in that role Keown, like Neville, seems ok.

Can't really say I'd bear a grudge against a Hearts player for a decade if he took a derby a little bit too seriously. Would be more likely to wish that some of our players took it just as seriously, as the capitulations over the last few years have been well embarrassing!

soupy
12-01-2012, 08:54 AM
No keown was having a go at Gary Neville in the tunnel acting the hard man, when Keane jumped in and told to pick on someone his own size before hed burst him. Keown s*** himself.

Hope that cleared that one up :-)

lapsedhibee
12-01-2012, 09:24 AM
No keown was having a go at Gary Neville in the tunnel acting the hard man, when Keane jumped in and told to pick on someone his own size before hed burst him. Keown s*** himself.

Hope that cleared that one up :-)

Ah yes, of course. I should have realised that in any unsavoury incident between two teams, no Manchester U player would be in any way blameworthy. :wink:

soupy
12-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Ah yes, of course. I should have realised that in any unsavoury incident between two teams, no Manchester U player would be in any way blameworthy. :wink:

Correct :-)

poolman
12-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Only vaguely remember an Arsenal-Manchester U match where Van Nistelrooy missed a pen and Keown was gloating in a rather unpleasant way, which I agree didn't look good at all, but can't remember what if anything led up to that - did RVN dive for the pen, or something like that?

Anyway there was I think a bit of bad blood between Arsenal and Manchester U at the time - also remember Viera winding up Keane in the tunnel and Keane snarling back (which might have been the same game as above). Should not imo mean that any of these players shouldn't get a fair hearing as a pundit, and from the little I've seen of him in that role Keown, like Neville, seems ok.

Can't really say I'd bear a grudge against a Hearts player for a decade if he took a derby a little bit too seriously. Would be more likely to wish that some of our players took it just as seriously, as the capitulations over the last few years have been well embarrassing!

Nistelrooy should have skelped that phanny keown right in the moosh :agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUZxnW2tAHk