PDA

View Full Version : Messi wins the Ballon D'or But Who Won The...

Springbank
09-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Messi won the Ballon D'Or, but who won the less coveted Bawbag D'or title in your house?

In our house it was…...

BBC Sportsound Pundit Allan Preston

(thanks to @twistedtartan on twitter for the idea :-)

Monts
09-01-2012, 06:45 PM
I know this isnt actually the point of this thread, but...:greengrin

As good as Messi is, I think Ronaldo has had a ridiculously good year, and probably should have edged it. 43 goals in 34 games I think it was. Unbelievable.

HibsNutter
09-01-2012, 06:47 PM

As good as Messi is, I think Ronaldo has had a ridiculously good year, and probably should have edged it. 43 goals in 34 games I think it was. Unbelievable.

Messi wasn't far behnd, plus as an all round player he is so much better.

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Messi won the Ballon D'Or, but who won the less coveted Bawbag D'or title in your house?

In our house it was…...

BBC Sportsound Pundit Allan Preston

(thanks to @twistedtartan on twitter for the idea :-)

In our house it was MOTD Pundit Alan "Coloured" Hansen................caused me no end of ****in grief with that comment :wink::greengrin

Monts
09-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Messi wasn't far behnd, plus as an all round player he is so much better.

31 goals in 35 games. Not exactly bad, but Ronaldo still noticably better ratio.

.Sean.
09-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Bawbag D'Or is easy - Clueless.

hibbysam
09-01-2012, 10:49 PM

Don't agree at all,

according to the BBC:

Messi played 47 scored 43 and set up 21
Ronaldo played 44 scored 48 and set up 16

in league and europe..

dont know about other cups and things, but watch Messi week in week out he performs.. He also won the Champions League, Club World Cup, La Liga, Spanish and European Super cups.. and also was Man Of The Match in nearly all big games for Barcelona against Real, Man Utd, Arsenal etc..

Ronaldo as well as Messi does it against the run of the mill Spanish teams but never once that I can remember at either Man Utd or Real Madrid has Ronaldo turned up on the big stage.. See the last Classico for example.. Cristiano had a mare whereas Messi ran the show!

Springbank
10-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Bawbag D'Or is easy - Clueless.

Of course!!! Hope his prize was the fabled TWO bags of sweeties.

Keith_M
10-01-2012, 02:37 PM
In our house it was MOTD Pundit Alan "Coloured" Hansen................caused me no end of ****in grief with that comment :wink::greengrin

:thumbsup: