PDA

View Full Version : Media Rangers Shares Suspended

IWasThere2016
09-01-2012, 01:18 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-16471831

:cb

Baker9
09-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Nothing to see here - move along. Anyone for a 10-team league?

PeeKay
09-01-2012, 01:26 PM
"Rangers have seen their shares suspended from trading on the stock exchange after submitting unaudited accounts. The club also confirmed in a statement to the PLUS Stock Exchange that they were considering withdrawing their listing on the exchange in the long term."

The only route they could go given that they couldn't find an accountant who was prepared to sign off their accounts with so much uncertainty hanging over them.

bingo70
09-01-2012, 01:27 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-16471831

:cb

Does this mean they're likely to go into administration or will there be more to it than that?

Thecat23
09-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Does this mean they're likely to go into administration or will there be more to it than that?

It means Rangers are in real trouble. They could go into Administration but i do think this is going to be a long drawn out process.

PatHead
09-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Wonder if this would lead to them being banned from Europe? Have Uefa not brought in new rules about this sort of thing?

TheEastTerrace
09-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Wonder if this would lead to them being banned from Europe? Have Uefa not brought in new rules about this sort of thing?

An online petition has already been submitted to the SFA demanding answers to why Rangers were granted a license to compete in Europe this season when they owed outstanding sums to HMRC.

They won't get a license if no-one signs off these accounts.

Ah, great viewing this.

Caversham Green
09-01-2012, 01:47 PM
I don't think that this means an awful lot in itself. The auditors would no doubt want to provide for the full tax liability since the amount has been established, but Rangers are contesting it, and providing for it in their accounts could be presented by HMRC as an admission of liability, therefore all they can do is hold off until the full picture is clear. They can continue to trade as normal, it's just that shareholders can't buy or sell shares on the PLUS market. Given that Whyte holds a working majority of share the listing seems somewhat superfluous in any case.

There's no doubt that RFC are in serious bother, and administration (or other insolvency procedures) is a distinct possibility, but this won't be the trigger.

greenginger
09-01-2012, 02:31 PM
An online petition has already been submitted to the SFA demanding answers to why Rangers were granted a license to compete in Europe this season when they owed outstanding sums to HMRC.

They won't get a license if no-one signs off these accounts.

Ah, great viewing this.

Perhaps HOMFC's name should be added to this petition as to why they were also given a license to compete in Europe.

Last months winding -up order which Hearts settled was , according to a HOMFC spokesman to settle a "historic debt" with the tax man.
Obviously the SFA were not made aware of this debt.

WindyMiller
09-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Perhaps HOMFC's name should be added to this petition as to why they were also given a license to compete in Europe.

Last months winding -up order which Hearts settled was , according to a HOMFC spokesman to settle a "historic debt" with the tax man.
Obviously the SFA were not made aware of this debt.

Probably the result of publishing your accounts 9 months after the year end.

Barney McGrew
09-01-2012, 03:49 PM
http://www.rangersfc2012.co.uk/

:tee hee:

LancsHibs
09-01-2012, 03:51 PM
We should tell them to shove their interest in Gary O. Can't be seen to do business with a company run like that:greengrin

mglancy23
09-01-2012, 03:58 PM

:faf:

Sylar
09-01-2012, 04:49 PM
This is just part of the great Catholic conspiracy against the mighty Glasgow Rangers, which is being amplified at all those tim-run newspapers such as the Sunday Liam, who cannae wait to see the back of this great club.

No Surrender!

magpie1892
09-01-2012, 05:49 PM

Just perfect. Simple yet clever.

BroxburnHibee
09-01-2012, 05:50 PM
This is just part of the great Catholic conspiracy against the mighty Glasgow Rangers, which is being amplified at all those tim-run newspapers such as the Sunday Liam, who cannae wait to see the back of this great club.

No Surrender!

greenginger
09-01-2012, 05:55 PM
How about

The cry was shares suspended,

You canny sell or buy !:whistle:

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2012, 06:05 PM

No Surrender!

You must have spent too much time with the currant buns on Sunday :rolleyes:

Given you have an anti-Celtic bias as you admitted yourself, I for one find the above post offensive, and should have no place on Hibs.net, more suited to Follow Follow

ancienthibby
09-01-2012, 06:13 PM

No Surrender!

Without any smilies to say otherwise, you just cannot be serious!!

Cav Green has set out the position earlier.

In a word, RFC have delayed publishing their accounts for a modest fee of maybe £100 or £1000, in order to gain more time against an unhappy creditor!

Companies do this EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!!

Sylar
09-01-2012, 07:04 PM
You must have spent too much time with the currant buns on Sunday :rolleyes:

Given you have an anti-Celtic bias as you admitted yourself, I for one find the above post offensive, and should have no place on Hibs.net, more suited to Follow Follow

Clearly you read the thread yesterday (as per sections in bold) and I refuse to believe you would have selectively overlooked my response to being branded as a "hun". Taking all that into account, it's so glaringly obvious the post you've quoted is nothing other than a tongue in cheek response to such accusations (as BroxburnHibee above managed to quite ably detect).

Without any smilies to say otherwise, you just cannot be serious!!

Cav Green has set out the position earlier.

In a word, RFC have delayed publishing their accounts for a modest fee of maybe £100 or £1000, in order to gain more time against an unhappy creditor!

Companies do this EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!!

As per above.

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Clearly you read the thread yesterday (as per sections in bold) and I refuse to believe you would have selectively overlooked my response to being branded as a "hun". Taking all that into account, it's so glaringly obvious the post you've quoted is nothing other than a tongue in cheek response to such accusations (as BroxburnHibee above managed to quite ably detect).

As per above.

Never noticed your response on previous thread.

Sylar
09-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Never noticed your response on previous thread.

No worries - I guess it's a bit much to expect every poster to read every post on here, but as you were active in the discussion, I figured you would have seen it.

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2012, 07:16 PM
No worries - I guess it's a bit much to expect every poster to read every post on here, but as you were active in the discussion, I figured you would have seen it.

Cool:wink: