PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Darren Mackie

FastEddieFelson
09-01-2012, 10:57 AM
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2115589656&page=1

make of this what you will...

The_Exile
09-01-2012, 11:00 AM
He doesn't read books, but if he did read books, his favourite would be "How to Score" by Emile Heskey

Pretty Boy
09-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Please God no.

I had the misfortune of watching Aberdeen fairly regularly for a couple of seasons and he is murder.

He's Aberdeens 4th or 5th choice strikers at the moment for a reason.

I'd much rather we take a punt on the Moroccan lad at Falkirk.

Thecat23
09-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Please God no.

I had the misfortune of watching Aberdeen fairly regularly for a couple of seasons and he is murder.

Meant to be heading down south mate. Would be a good signing as well.

As for Mackie, a truly honking footballer.

JimBHibees
09-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Please God no.

Hear what you are saying however he has caused Hibs problems in the past and may be a reasonable shout for someone from the bench?

Thecat23
09-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Hear what you are saying however he has caused Hibs problems in the past and may be a reasonable shout for someone from the bench?

Hibs should not touch him. Waste of a wage if they do. We really need players who will get stuck in just now. Mackie is terrible mate he really is. Only Hibs defence can make Mackie look a footballer.

Beefster
09-01-2012, 11:36 AM

He's 5th or 6th choice striker at Aberdeen and hasn't scored goals in the last 3 or 4 seasons.

CallumLaidlaw
09-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Darren mackie makes cristian nades goal scoring record look world class

Saorsa
09-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Hear what you are saying however he has caused Hibs problems in the past and may be a reasonable shout for someone from the bench?With the way Hibs defended lately I could cause problems. Sorry but this guy shouldnae even be considered IMO.

DC_Hibs
09-01-2012, 11:47 AM

Yeah just what we need, wasting wages on someone to sit on the bench???

Now moving on to the fact he is garbage............

Would you moan if we were relegated Jim, as signings like this would send us down.

JimBHibees
09-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Yeah just what we need, wasting wages on someone to sit on the bench???

Now moving on to the fact he is garbage............

Would you moan if we were relegated Jim, as signings like this would send us down.

I am not saying he is a great player however he is a proven SPL scorer who has probably fallen out with Pa Broon. Just saying that he may be a reasonable option from the bench given that he has scored a few goals against better Hibs teams than this one in his day. Not saying we should sign him or not to be honest however just thinking that he has scored in the SPL, should be up to speed and may have something to prove even if just in the short term.

PatHead
09-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Not for me, think we could do better and he can't play centre half or right back where we really need someone. One of these players who has never fulfilled his early promise and we would just be freeing up a wage for one of our competitors to get someone better.

SteveHFC
09-01-2012, 12:16 PM
The guy is ******* terrible. If we sign him I might shoot myself

robinp
09-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Hi goal scoring record is honking!

shagpile
09-01-2012, 12:22 PM
I am not saying he is a great player however he is a proven SPL scorer who has probably fallen out with Pa Broon. Just saying that he may be a reasonable option from the bench given that he has scored a few goals against better Hibs teams than this one in his day. Not saying we should sign him or not to be honest however just thinking that he has scored in the SPL, should be up to speed and may have something to prove even if just in the short term.

80 odd goals in 10 years? What are you on man???1st or 2nd division player at best. Very best. Rather sign an up & coming player.

The_Exile
09-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Might bring a bit of much needed humour back to the training pitch/changing rooms though no? (any excuse to bring this cracker back again!!)

http://www.meldrum-pri.aberdeenshire.sch.uk/page47.html

Mikeystewart
09-01-2012, 12:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_m3me-TZiE

MotherSuperior
09-01-2012, 12:55 PM
I've always felt that he makes good runs and gets into great goal scoring positions, unfortunately though his finishing isn't the best though. Plenty times I've seen him squander great one on situations with the keeper. He's totally average imho!

JimBHibees
09-01-2012, 01:08 PM
80 odd goals in 10 years? What are you on man???1st or 2nd division player at best. Very best. Rather sign an up & coming player.

Again I am not saying sign him or not however to say he is a 1st or 2nd division player at best when he has performed regularly in the SPL over a number of years doesnt make any sense.

Part/Time Supporter
09-01-2012, 01:13 PM
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2115589656&page=1

make of this what you will...

Further down the thread it says that United are signing him on a pre-contract.

Mikey
09-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Further down the thread it says that United are signing him on a pre-contract.

You mean we've missed out on someone else? :rolleyes:

:tee hee:

Future17
09-01-2012, 02:33 PM
He doesn't read books, but if he did read books, his favourite would be "How to Score" by Emile Heskey

:greengrin

To be fair, I think it's the presence of a football that causes the Hibs defence problems rather than any individual player.

shagpile
09-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Again I am not saying sign him or not however to say he is a 1st or 2nd division player at best when he has performed regularly in the SPL over a number of years doesnt make any sense.

He hasn't 'performed' regularly. He has in fact scored 67 goals in 346 appearances.[i took the word of an aberdeen supporter on the 80 odd :confused:] I would be happy with that total if he were a midfield player, but not a striker.
His highest SPL total was back in 2006-7 in which he scored 13 goals.
This included the one where Alan Combe threw the ball & it struck Mackie on the back & rebounded over Combes head & into the goal.:rolleyes:
Don't think we can count that one because his back was to goal.]Maybe he is better facing the other way????]:greengrin

Sylar
09-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Where exactly would anyone associated with Hibs have seen Mackie playing, let alone impressing recently?!

The "source" of the rumour is as bad as the ER fishmonger a few years back...

NAE NOOKIE
09-01-2012, 06:20 PM
This is just one of a number of threads about forwards.

We need defenders and at least two midfield players, never mind a blizzard of bloody strikers !!!!

I think we should be looking at short term loan deals just now, it would be a pity if we signed a load of players in a panic on 2 or 3 year deals just for the sake of it and got to the summer with PF having nothing left in his meagre pot for players he might really want.

Mind you, if we lose to Dunfermline on Saturday I will be in a panic too :confused:

Gala Foxes
09-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Serial underachiever - would fit in well at Easter Road

The_Todd
09-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks, but no thanks.

Obviously Pat Fenlon isn't 100% up to speed with the SPL and its players, but hopefully BB can guide him a little while he settles.

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2012, 06:58 PM
We should only be signing players who genuinely improve the team, not sure if Mackie fits that bill......

BroxburnHibee
09-01-2012, 06:59 PM
We should only be signing players who genuinely improve the team, not sure if Mackie fits that bill......

He doesn't.

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2012, 07:02 PM
He doesn't.

Settled then:greengrin

snooky
09-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Maybe it's the Malta Hibernians the Sheep texter was asking about :dunno: :wink:

BroxburnHibee
09-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Settled then:greengrin

whiskyhibby
09-01-2012, 07:31 PM

I think you'll find that for the last few seasons Mackies goals have predominantly come from penalties

I'm_cabbaged
09-01-2012, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=The_Todd;3068510]Thanks, but no thanks.

Obviously Pat Fenlon isn't 100% up to speed with the SPL and its players, but hopefully BB can guide him a little while he settles.[/QUO
TE]

Unfortunately he's the type of huddy that BB and JJ would've signed.

The_Todd
09-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Unfortunately he's the type of huddy that BB and JJ would've signed.

Or the sort of huddy JJ would have signed on Uncle Vlad's say so. Maybe BB did have a say, who knows.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-01-2012, 09:23 PM
If we are looking to pinch a player from Aiberdeen then Vernon is a better option. A decent build and able to hold the ball up. Weakening a rival as well. Taking Mackie off their books would strengthen them.

PatHead
09-01-2012, 10:55 PM
I think you'll find that for the last few seasons Mackies goals have predominantly come from penalties

Maybe Hearts should sign him then