PDA

View Full Version : John Sutton

The Sea-gull
09-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Interesting Dunfermline.

Last thing we need is them adding proven SPL quality.

PS - we are a point ahead of them at the bottom of the league and they have a game in hand. We are due to play them on Saturday. We aren't and haven't been playing well or showing any signs of improvement. I'm sorry but the situation is a worry.

scott7_0(Prague)
09-01-2012, 09:03 AM
PS - we are a point ahead of them at the bottom of the league and they have a game in hand. We are due to play them on Saturday. We aren't and haven't been playing well or showing any signs of improvement. I'm sorry but the situation is a worry.

thanks for the PS. :wink:

Cropley10
09-01-2012, 09:42 AM
He's on £5,000 per week.

What would he reduce that to, in order to pick up a regular wage?

Surely we could shift GOC and bring in JS...?

Dibben
09-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Would happily take Sutton, but presume he's on a 2 yr contract? Can't see Hearts letting him talk to us - unless we were the only team interested!!

The Sea-gull
09-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Would happily take Sutton, but presume he's on a 2 yr contract? Can't see Hearts letting him talk to us - unless we were the only team interested!!

Yip, don't think they would want him anywhere near us but they happily see him at Dunfy.

Or, does Vlad really care where he goes and would send him to whoever was willing to pay all or as much of his wage as possible.

Argylehibby
09-01-2012, 11:14 AM
If Hearts are desperate to get him away and he says I am not going to dunfy, its Hibs or nobody I dont think the yams would argue too much to be honest.

Dibben
09-01-2012, 11:16 AM
If Hearts are desperate to get him away and he says I am not going to dunfy, its Hibs or nobody I dont think the yams would argue too much to be honest.

Would love him to try that!!

J-C
09-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Perfect replacement for GOC if as it looks he's away this month.

Dibben
09-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Perfect replacement for GOC if as it looks he's away this month.

:agree:

Looking back, I can't see what length of deal Sutton signed at the PBS.

Sir David Gray
09-01-2012, 02:28 PM
:agree:

Looking back, I can't see what length of deal Sutton signed at the PBS.

He signed for 3 years so has 2.5 years left.

edwards
09-01-2012, 02:40 PM
What an absolut travisty this would be, i can't see a club signing O'Connor it he has an injury problem and how is he going to get through his medical.
Anyhow as Sodje doesn't get a game since fenlon has arrived should we not be sending him packing and sign Sutton as he would be a valuable asset and a change of options up front.
If Sutton goes to dunfy we might as well get the first divion maps out now.
We need every able bodied experianced spl player we can get our hands on.

Captain Trips
09-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Not interested in any more loans or short term contracts, if Sutton wants to come on permanent deal then great, but before even that he has over 2yrs left on contract and I would think some clubs down south might be interested. The fee I am sure will see our interest end if we have any.

The Sea-gull
09-01-2012, 02:59 PM
I would take Sutton or any other similarly talented striker.

Would be great if Dunfermline don' manage to strengthen to the same or better level as we end up doing.

JimBHibees
09-01-2012, 03:04 PM
I thought Sutton was only leaving on a loan which would mean absolutely no chance he will be coming to Hibs however you could see that it may be appealling for Hearts to loan to Dunfermline.

brog
09-01-2012, 03:04 PM
He's on £5,000 per week.

What would he reduce that to, in order to pick up a regular wage?

Surely we could shift GOC and bring in JS...?

Not doubting you but I find that astonishing. Given he would have been on no more than £1,500 at Well what was JJ thinking of offering that dosh to him? Will make it very hard for Yams to unload him at that price, certainly no SPL team, other than uglies, will pay that amount. At best Yams can look for a loan deal where the other club pays a % of his wages.

Captain Trips
09-01-2012, 03:08 PM
[B]

Not doubting you but I find that astonishing. Given he would have been on no more than £1,500 at Well what was JJ thinking of offering that dosh to him? Will make it very hard for Yams to unload him at that price, certainly no SPL team, other than uglies, will pay that amount. At best Yams can look for a loan deal where the other club pays a % of his wages.

If there was another interested party at time they signred Sutton what Motherwell paid him would not matter it would be whatever other party had offered and if Hearts could match or beat.

The Sea-gull
09-01-2012, 03:17 PM
If there was another interested party at time they signred Sutton what Motherwell paid him would not matter it would be whatever other party had offered and if Hearts could match or beat.

Yeah, his agent would have been giving it the "well there is interest from Celtic and championship clubs" line.

brog
09-01-2012, 03:46 PM

You would think JJ was experienced enough not to fall for that line. More likely he thought he could continue to spend, spend, spend without worrying.
If there were other clubs really interested in Sutton at that time I would have expected them to have declared an interest by now.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
09-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Where is the story coming from ? Not seen anything about Dunfermline being interested but maybe just overlooked it. Dunfy are skint and could not afford his wages anyway as haha hearts want him off the wage bill and would be looking for any club to cover most of his wages.

Cropley10
10-01-2012, 10:43 PM
[B]

Hearts phannies like to go on about their wage limit and actually how they don't really pay much more than us. But I read that figure 'over the road' and it wasn't disputed.

Vlad has wasted millions on player wages, literally, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he'd given him a contract on this.