PDA

View Full Version : Michael Gardyne signs preseason with dundee utd

yekimevol
09-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Michael Gardyne is a player i have liked for a long time and wished that we had taken. i think he has that little bit of spark in the attacking third. He can pass and shoot something i think we have been missing.

ohh well guess we will sign something like agogo instead.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/294435 (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/294435)

Allant1981
09-01-2012, 05:37 AM
Is he really any better than what we have just now? IMO he is prob as good/bad as the players here, we need guys who are better than the ones we have or we will be screwed

scoopyboy
09-01-2012, 05:46 AM
Michael Gardyne is a player i have liked for a long time and wished that we had taken. i think he has that little bit of spark in the attacking third. He can pass and shoot something i think we have been missing.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/294435 (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/294435)

Sound logic.

Because you like a player and another team sign him you reckon Hibs will end up with another Agogo.

A real vote of confidence for PF.

marinello59
09-01-2012, 05:52 AM

Have you given PF a list of your signing targets to work from?

Mikey
09-01-2012, 07:03 AM

Why's that then?

The Sea-gull
09-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Give Pat Fenlon a chance to sign some players and then see them play for a bit before making statements like this.

However I can, in some ways see the reasoning behind the OP's comments. Other clubs have been signing a few players in recent seasons who would have been achievable targets for us while we have been wasting money on Agogo and the likes when it is plain as day they are not suited for the SPL whereas some of these players (not necessarily Gardyne but others) are a more obvious better bet.

Geo_1875
09-01-2012, 07:23 AM
Why would we end up with "something like Agogo"? Are we not just as likely to sign someone like Vaz Te?

Spike Mandela
09-01-2012, 07:24 AM

He was the player that stuck out for me when we played Ross County in the cup and did hope we would get him when Adams was here.

easty
09-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Why would we end up with "something like Agogo"? Are we not just as likely to sign someone like Vaz Te?

For their performances at Hibs, what's the difference?

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Have you given PF a list of your signing targets to work from?

:faf::faf: We should all make a list for him in december and again in May, we would probably win the league every season if the manager took our advise. :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
09-01-2012, 08:25 AM
He was the player I hoped Adams would bring. Quite impressed by him.

frazeHFC
09-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Martin Scott was deemed a better player to sign, so not upset at all by this.

Andy74
09-01-2012, 09:37 AM

It's always interesting that other teams sseem to get credit for signing players from the first division or League of Ireland as Utd have done.

Played well against us and is quick and creative but I had wondered why no one had gone for hm previously.

No doubt this place would be going nuts if he was linked with us for next season.

ScottB
09-01-2012, 10:40 AM
It's always interesting that other teams sseem to get credit for signing players from the first division or League of Ireland as Utd have done.

Played well against us and is quick and creative but I had wondered why no one had gone for hm previously.

No doubt this place would be going nuts if he was linked with us for next season.

Very much so, SFL and LOI players are beneath us apparently, but boy do the toys come out the pram when we 'miss out' (is there any suggestion we were even remotely interested? We aren't and shouldn't be after every player under the sun) on one of these guys.

yekimevol
09-01-2012, 11:33 AM
my reasons for the agogo statement.

we have seen hibs sign players over the last few seasons that have not been up to par, whilst other teams who apparently spends less money on wages in there squads such as dundee utd, motherwell, killie and ict have managed to gather better squads than us.

My confidence in pat fenlon

i currently have little confidence in pat fenlon there has not been a upturn in results, paddys 6 games has the same record as calderwoods last six games as one would hope when a new manager comes into a club. But i am willing to give the man a chance, to bring in his own players and hope that this brings a upturn in the results.

TowerHibs
09-01-2012, 11:37 AM

we have seen hibs sign players over the last few seasons that have not been up to par, whilst other teams who apparently spends less money on wages in there squads such as dundee utd, motherwell, killie and ict have managed to gather better squads than us.

i currently have little confidence in pat fenlon there has not been a upturn in results, paddys 6 games has the same record as calderwoods last six games as one would hope when a new manager comes into a club. But i am willing to give the man a chance, to bring in his own players and hope that this brings a upturn in the results.

Strange world some People operate in

Andy74 I agree with u 100%

Andy74
09-01-2012, 12:02 PM

I do agree with the first part but you have to separate signings in terms of managers. I don't think you can just say that Hibs gnerally do anyhting in terms of signings, that very much depends on how good the manager is at doing his job.

I disagree on Fenlon, I think we do look more organised but he just doesn't have the players at his disposal and their confidence is rock bottom. His one signing so far looked very good on his first showing and I have every confidence that he will bring people in tnat may not be big names but will do the job required of them.

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2012, 06:18 PM
:faf::faf: We should all make a list for him in december and again in May, we would probably win the league every season if the manager took our advise. :greengrin

How could we give manager stick then, if he actually signed the fans targets:cb

tamig
09-01-2012, 06:29 PM
I do agree with the first part but you have to separate signings in terms of managers. I don't think you can just say that Hibs gnerally do anyhting in terms of signings, that very much depends on how good the manager is at doing his job.

I disagree on Fenlon, I think we do look more organised but he just doesn't have the players at his disposal and their confidence is rock bottom. His one signing so far looked very good on his first showing and I have every confidence that he will bring people in tnat may not be big names but will do the job required of them.

Agreed.

Some people keep harking on about the effect of a new man coming in. Some on here have tried using the Martin O'Neill anology. MO'N walked into a club with a set of underperforming quality players. PF came into a club with underperforming poorer players. A manager can only do so much with lesser quality players - and PF has done that to an extent so far. Let the man get some of his own signings in before the "Football Manager" crew on here start judging him.

SMAXXA
09-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Getting back to the topic............................I have always been impressesd by MG and thought he would have been worth a punt on last season and by all means he seems to be having another good season so think it may well be a good bit of business by UTD.

Im sure there are gems to be had in ther lower scottish leagues, or guys worth taking a punt on that wont cost fortunes and if they didnt work out wouldnt be a disaster. But and its a big but, you wouldnt be wanting to pin all ur hopes on taking chances on these guys, guys like the Falkirk striker, the lad from Airdrie etc seem to be doing well so why not, as long as we have sufficient back up to cope if they dont cut it.

UTD seem to have done reasonabley well taking chances on these type of guy, Swanson for example.

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2012, 08:47 PM
How could we give manager stick then, if he actually signed the fans targets:cb

League champions might not have anything to moan about?:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2012, 08:56 PM
League champions might not have anything to moan about?:wink:

Unless we won league with maximum points, some would still find a reason to moan :greengrin:

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Unless we won league with maximum points, some would still find a reason to moan :greengrin:

Aye, those 12 points we lost to the gimps made it a hollow victory, and the other games we just rode our luck. :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
09-01-2012, 09:15 PM

Depends if we had a poor goal difference tally :rolleyes:

I mean, maximum points is all good and well but not brilliant if you've conceded too many goals :agree:

And also, then that would mean Champions league, which would bring further problems to discuss....

SquashedFrogg
09-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Aye, those 12 points we lost to the gimps made it a hollow victory, and the other games we just rode our luck. :greengrin

And also charging us too much for a pie at Champions league matches could be an issue :wink:

Rod!!! FFS

Eyrie
09-01-2012, 09:29 PM
And also charging us too much for a pie at Champions league matches could be an issue :wink:

Rod!!! FFS
And the club wouldn't be doing enough to get us a decent allocation for the semi at the Camp Nou.

Petrie! :grr:

SquashedFrogg
09-01-2012, 09:34 PM
And the club wouldn't be doing enough to get us a decent allocation for the semi at the Camp Nou.

Petrie! :grr:

We'd also end up with some stupid gold star above our badge :brickwall

God, I'm so glad we are where we are :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
10-01-2012, 10:19 AM
We'd also end up with some stupid gold star above our badge :brickwall

God, I'm so glad we are where we are :greengrin

It is what makes us special.:greengrin:agree::pfgwa:flag:

Franck Stanton
10-01-2012, 02:57 PM
He was the player I hoped Adams would bring. Quite impressed by him.

Whilst I agree with your sentiments and thought he had a good game against us in the Cup, don't agree we should have signed him on that evidence alone, remember the last player we did this with ? No? We played St Johnstone in semi-final at Tynie and Morias was outstanding for Sainty,s, so good that night, - JC signed him next close season. We all found out just how much of a world beater he was now didn't we. Bottom line is, you don't have to be that great a player to shine against the huddies we have playing for us just now [ or for past few years ].
Lets leave the signing of players to the manager eh guys.