PDA

View Full Version : Wake up people

zero-seven
08-01-2012, 08:21 PM
i realise that negative comments are not the thing here..but for goodness sake..we were playing COWDENFRIKKINBEATH..is this what we have lowered ourselves to..michael Hart played well against Cowdenbeath !!!! he has now found his level..now lets focus on the league where a team like hibs should be challenging for honours in the top half ...i would be delighted if Micheal Hart could play well against Dunfermline and other premier league clubs..but he doesnt or he cant, just like most of our squad.

rant over

Sylar
08-01-2012, 08:22 PM
i realise that negative comments are not the thing here..but for goodness sake..we were playing COWDENFRIKKINBEATH..is this what we have lowered ourselves to..michael Hart played well against Cowdenbeath !!!! he has now found his level..now lets focus on the league where a team like hibs should be challenging for honours in the top half ...i would be delighted if Micheal Hart could play well against Dunfermline and other premier league clubs..but he doesnt or he cant, just like most of our squad.

rant over

Wow. Just, wow...

Monts
08-01-2012, 08:22 PM

rant over

Should this not be in the michael hart thread? :confused:

HibsMax
08-01-2012, 08:24 PM
We won. What more could we have done?

I really don't think that anyone is asleep or living in some fantasy world where everything is A-OK but we can't win the league or a cup in a single game. Let's be happy that we actually won a game!

Higgy115
08-01-2012, 08:25 PM

rant over

Great post, who did you want us to play against on Saturday, someone else. The way the cup works is that you play who you are drawn against, beat them play in the next round.

Why not just join on to one of the other negative threads rather than starting another one.....

rant over

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2012, 08:27 PM

rant over

So it was a no win situation for Hibs on Saturday then, is that what you are saying?

Pedantic_Hibee
08-01-2012, 08:27 PM

rant over

Sort your life out, seriously.

We won, first time in a while, let's enjoy it.

If we beat Dunfy next week will you moan that it was only Dunfrickingfermline?

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 08:35 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/hang.gif

Wotherspiniesta
08-01-2012, 08:35 PM

rant over

Oh FFS, are we not even allowed to celebrate a victory anymore? :confused: TBH, I couldn't care if the win was against Rangers, Cowdenbeath or Threave Rovers. We won the game and Michael Hart apparently had a good game, whats the ******* problem!

R'Albin
08-01-2012, 08:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me-zP047gg0

Peevemor
08-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Today PSG (currently leading the French league) needed an injury time goal to beat non league Locminé 2-1 in the French cup.

In the cup, a win's a win. End of!

Leithenhibby
08-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Today PSG (currently leading the French league) needed an injury time goal to beat non league Locminé 2-1 in the French cup.

In the cup, a win's a win. End of!

:wink:

Very surprised that it took so many posts to get this out this way!!

zero-seven
08-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Oh FFS, are we not even allowed to celebrate a victory anymore? :confused: TBH, I couldn't care if the win was against Rangers, Cowdenbeath or Threave Rovers. We won the game and Michael Hart apparently had a good game, whats the ******* problem!

the problem is...we are doing somersaults over a win against cowdenbeath and praising a pro footballer who plays well against a bunch of plumbers and gasfitters !!! i cant get my head around this, i am thinking we are now accepting a victory at Cowdenbeath as the catylist to great things..dont get me wrong , i seriously hope it turns our season round, i really do..but my question is, Why did it get to this stage in the first place ?

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2012, 09:00 PM
the problem is...we are doing somersaults over a win against cowdenbeath and praising a pro footballer who plays well against a bunch of plumbers and gasfitters !!! i cant get my head around this, i am thinking we are now accepting a victory at Cowdenbeath as the catylist to great things..dont get me wrong , i seriously hope it turns our season round, i really do..but my question is, Why did it get to this stage in the first place ?

Eyes straight ahead mate, straight ahead, don't look back :greengrin

Albion Hibs
08-01-2012, 09:04 PM

rant over

Keep your rant in NZ mate, it is boring. From someone that was at the game yesterday you are dam right I will celebrate, like I will celebrate any hibs win.

Twa Cairpets
08-01-2012, 09:12 PM

Away and behave yersel.

Utterly pointless, stupid thread that I feel sullied answering but you really need to get a grip.

You're making a massive argument against things no one has said. No somersaults, just happy for a win.

BEEJ
08-01-2012, 09:12 PM
:Ummm:

Might seem like that over in your time-zone. Can only speak for myself mind - no somersaults in this house. Anybody else on here care to confess to over exuberant celebration of yesterday's result? :confused:

Up here the reality is that the overriding reaction is a combination of relief that we haven't repeated the embarrassment of our last two SC exits (not yet anyway) and that in Doyle we might have found a useful addition to the squad.

Both those facts give cause for hope that the ship will slowly be turned around in the weeks ahead.

down the slope
08-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Teams at our level meaning teams with little class in the ranks will sometimes struggle against lower league opposition, circumstances on the day can have a huge effect , the pitch ,the weather, who scores first etc. There are no easy games nowadays if the opposition are well organised, remember Scotland's game against i think Lichtenstein last year ?, half our team were from the leagues in England and we scored a last minute winner !. Time to move on gents.

Wotherspiniesta
08-01-2012, 09:26 PM

What are you on about? "Doing somersaults" what a load of pish. People (HIBS FANS) are happy with a victory. As I said before, it could have been against anyone, I'm just glad we won a match of football and are still in the cup.

Are we not allowed to be happy with that?

Moaning about a victory, it beggars belief.

Pedantic_Hibee
08-01-2012, 09:35 PM
:Ummm:

Might seem like that over in your time-zone. Can only speak for myself mind - no somersaults in this house. Anybody else on here care to confess to over exuberant celebration of yesterday's result? :confused:

Up here the reality is that the overriding reaction is a combination of relief that we haven't repeated the embarrassment of our last two SC exits (not yet anyway) and that in Doyle we might have found a useful addition to the squad.

Both those facts give cause for hope that the ship will slowly be turned around in the weeks ahead.

I rubbed one out at full-time. Whilst in Asda http://www.thedugout.tv/community/images/smilies_final/facepalm.gif

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 09:36 PM
I rubbed one out at full-time. Whilst in Asda http://www.thedugout.tv/community/images/smilies_final/facepalm.gif:hilarious

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 09:39 PM
the problem is...we are doing somersaults over a win against cowdenbeath and praising a pro footballer who plays well against a bunch of plumbers and gasfitters !!! i cant get my head around this, i am thinking we are now accepting a victory at Cowdenbeath as the catylist to great things..dont get me wrong , i seriously hope it turns our season round, i really do..but my question is, Why did it get to this stage in the first place ?somersaults? behave yersel. We're through tae the next round and that's what it's all about. The manager now as time tae hopefully improve things a bit before the next round.

BEEJ
08-01-2012, 09:40 PM
I rubbed one out at full-time. Whilst in Asda http://www.thedugout.tv/community/images/smilies_final/facepalm.gif
Well, confession is good for the soul, so they say.

Hope it wasn't in the fruit and veg section, like you did before?

:greengrin

zero-seven
08-01-2012, 09:48 PM
What are you on about? "Doing somersaults" what a load of pish. People (HIBS FANS) are happy with a victory. As I said before, it could have been against anyone, I'm just glad we won a match of football and are still in the cup.

Are we not allowed to be happy with that?

Moaning about a victory, it beggars belief.

not moaning about a victory..will never moan about a victory especially in these last few years...i am pointing out a frustration of why we are in this predicament when we should be above all this...my eyes are wide open and fully aware of the crap position we are in...i hate this as much as anyone would..how many more years are we prepared to put up with this ???? good for a couple of years, sell the silver and struggle with average players ??

yes a win is a win..i get it

Northernhibee
08-01-2012, 09:54 PM
not moaning about a victory..will never moan about a victory especially in these last few years...i am pointing out a frustration of why we are in this predicament when we should be above all this...my eyes are wide open and fully aware of the crap position we are in...i hate this as much as anyone would..how many more years are we prepared to put up with this ???? good for a couple of years, sell the silver and struggle with average players ??

A few seasons ago, we would be above this.

Where we are now, we're not above it. No matter who it's against, no matter if it's a 7-0 thrashing or a flukey 1-0 win, let's enjoy every point we get on board and get a bit of positivity going around wherever the Cabbage are.

GGTTH

machibby
08-01-2012, 09:57 PM

you've got a nerve, you live in New Zealand and you're telling us to wake up?!!:confused:

Kaiser1962
08-01-2012, 10:00 PM

That'll be you banned from there as well then.

:greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
08-01-2012, 10:43 PM

If you're so aware of the position that we're in surely you should appreciate a win against ANYONE. Can you not just accept that we ground out a much needed victory and use that as a stepping stone for next weeks game? Nah, you'd rather belittle the team we beat and not give a shred of acknowledgement that we might have actually done something positive on Saturday.

Silly, silly thread.

PeeKay
09-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Reasons to be cheerful

Part 1 - We came from behind to win the game

Part 2 - We scored three good goals from three different players.

Part 3 - By winning we disapppointed a lot of people at the BBC - Tam ("Fenlon will be sacked") Cowan, GIRFUY!

Of course the fundamentals are not altered, but to be feeling good about Hibs on a Monday morning makes such a pleasnt change.

The Sea-gull
09-01-2012, 08:47 AM
It is all about perspective.

No, a win against Cowdenbeath is not something to crow about. We should be capable of beating teams like that the vast majoirty of times we play them, irrespective of circumstance.

We all know though that football is not always like that and Saturday is one of those days where we could have lost given the way things have been going for both clubs.

I don't think anyone is of the belief that Saturday's game changes much (surely there can't be anyway) but we will all be relieved that we got through it and played ok in patches which given how bad things have got, has to be a positive.

The players don't deserve any credit or pats on the back for beating Cowdenbeath but they do deserve a bit of praise for showing character that has been missing for a long time. It can't have been an easy game for them to go into as the Scottish football world awaited the shock, though the shock was so heavily touted that a Hibs win was a shock.

It doesn't change much in the wider scheme. Doyle is not definitely going to be a "player" after a decent game against Cowdenbeath, nor is Michael Hart suddenly the answer in the problem right back slot but it sure makes me feel better than I would have done if Hibs had lost.

Relief rather than belief is how I would sum it up.

lord bunberry
09-01-2012, 09:23 AM

A win is a win we can't go from being shocking all season to world beaters in one game we need to start the fightback somewhere let's hope saturday was that day

Joe Baker II
09-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Thought the performance was actually ok at times though do not think any Hibs fans who were there "crowing" about how we played. Any away cup game can be hard particularly when:

A) strugging in the league;
B) when opposition personnal have strong association with a rival team and were clearly up for it (to say the least);
C) after what I do accept was a shocking first few minutes.

And Cowdenbeath are in a similar position to what Ayr were last year (though Ayr probably had more quality overall). And for 70+ minutes on Saturday Hibs were reasonably comfortable I thought.

Only downside on day out I thoroughly enjoyed was that could if club were interested in the fans who travel away, they would have queried the ludicrous exit arrangements at the final whistle in advance.

basehibby
09-01-2012, 10:08 AM

rant over

The Yams needed 80 odd minutes to find a winner at home against non-league Auchinleck in case you didn't notice. But that's what happens in the cup - wee teams get their day in the sun and often play well above themselves.

Cowden had a good game but still couldn't overcome our shower of SPL strugglers - so WTF are you moaning about then?!?

Re Michael Hart - he DID have a good game - whether he can transfer that form to the SPL is a question which has come up negative so far, but the shot in the arm he'll get from a good performance will do him no harm.

Nae need to wake up for the positive amongst us - we already realise that whinging on about players' shortcomings for the umpteenth week in a row will in no way help them get better.

Dinkydoo
09-01-2012, 11:38 AM
There is always one, isn't there. :rolleyes:

A win is a win regardless of the opposition and no, beating a 2nd division outfit hasn't changed the fact that if we don't improve in the league, there is a very real chance of us getting relegated. If you can't be positive about the result, then just try enjoy the fact that we have a new attacking partnership that looks quite promising in the form of Doyle and Griffths.

allezsauzee
09-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Out of interest, how many goals do we need to beat Dunfermline by before it's deemed a good result? I'd say one but i'm not sure that will keep everybody on here happy.

Monts
09-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Out of interest, how many goals do we need to beat Dunfermline by before it's deemed a good result? I'd say one but i'm not sure that will keep everybody on here happy.

4, as long as its a clean sheet.

If we concede, it needs to be 5 or more.

seven nowt
09-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Part 3 By winning we disapppointed a lot of people at the BBC - Tam ("Fenlon will be sacked") Cowan, GIRFUY!

What has everyone got against Tam Cowan? He's funny and he slags off all teams, for a joke. I recall him praising Hibs as a club and how good our supporters were at that away game at Motherwell that was abandoned at half time.

Tam Cowan's funny.

Sudds_1
09-01-2012, 05:32 PM

well.........its better then saying "well thats it for another year then!" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

......and to answer the bit in bold......plenty threads on here to explain that for you.

IndieHibby
09-01-2012, 05:40 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/hang.gif

Brilliant! Why haven't I seen this smiley before?

:faf:

Jim44
09-01-2012, 05:43 PM
There is always one, isn't there. :rolleyes:

A win is a win regardless of the opposition and no, beating a 2nd division outfit hasn't changed the fact that if we don't improve in the league, there is a very real chance of us getting relegated. If you can't be positive about the result, then just try enjoy the fact that we have a new attacking partnership that looks quite promising in the form of Doyle and Griffths.

Doyle and Bodie has a better ring to it. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2012, 05:44 PM
A win is a win, does not matter in cup how you achieve it, as long as you win....

Hoping it kickstarts our season............

Saorsa
09-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Brilliant! Why haven't I seen this smiley before?

:faf:It's not form this site :greengrin

but perhaps it could be added?

admin? :dunno:

HibbyAndy
10-01-2012, 12:50 PM

At least 2 goals,Cause never in a million years will we keep a clean sheet.