leither17
08-01-2012, 04:54 PM
That's going to be some tie at anfield can't pick a winner there

HH81
08-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Great draw for Liverpool fans :greengrin

Westie1875
08-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Meanwhile the draw for the Scottish cup isn't taking place until tomorrow :confused:

It used to happen straight after the last match of each round, why is this no longer the case?

CFC
08-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Not a bad draw for Chelsea.

The amount of needle in that Pool-Utd tie will be immense, bet Scouse Hibee cant wait

andy1875
08-01-2012, 05:11 PM
So United will have to do it the hard way then....

All the makings of a total cracker and hopefully have Keano an Becks back too! :-)

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Not a bad draw for Chelsea.

The amount of needle in that Pool-Utd tie will be immense, bet Scouse Hibee cant wait

He can't :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2012, 06:28 PM
One club finished, the other on its way out. Who underachieves least should emerge victorious.

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2012, 06:31 PM
One club finished, the other on its way out. Who underachieves least should emerge victorious.

:faf:

Mikey
08-01-2012, 06:38 PM

...........Bob puts away the rod and line and breaks out the trawler fleet :greengrin

Eyrie
08-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Will Suarez be back for that game?

nortonhibby
08-01-2012, 07:23 PM
That's going to be some tie at anfield can't pick a winner there

bit of a dog for Man U City Away now Liverpool Away:pfgwa

3pm
08-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Will Suarez be back for that game?

No, still banned.

Would manage the replay I think. Potentially a trip to Old Trafford twice in a few days for him.

The_Todd
08-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Great from a Spurs perspective. Man City gone and now Liverpool or Man U eliminated next.

Sir David Gray
08-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Not sure if I'm allowed to post this on this general thread about the cup draw or if I'm supposed to start another thread but here goes anyway;

What a draw for United. After seeing off City today, getting Liverpool in the next round is another huge tie.

After racism-gate dominated the last match between the sides, it should add an extra dimension to the already heated environment of a United-Liverpool match.

Suarez will still be serving his suspension for this game but it will still be some game and it will be the first of two meetings between the sides in the space of a fortnight.

Would rather it had been at Old Trafford but I think United will fancy themselves to go through.

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Not sure if I'm allowed to post this on this general thread about the cup draw or if I'm supposed to start another thread but here goes anyway;

What a draw for United. After seeing off City today, getting Liverpool in the next round is another huge tie.

After racism-gate dominated the last match between the sides, it should add an extra dimension to the already heated environment of a United-Liverpool match.

Suarez will still be serving his suspension for this game but it will still be some game and it will be the first of two meetings between the sides in the space of a fortnight.

Would rather it had been at Old Trafford but I think United will fancy themselves to go through.

It will be a tough one that's for sure, just hope Liverpool choose their pre match attire carefully!

NOLA
08-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Mackems v Smoggers should be a tasty tie, expecting that to be on the telly:agree:

frazeHFC
08-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Some cracking ties there!

I wish our draw was done 5.30 on a Saturday afternoon so all the fans heading back from the game could listen, was much funner that way.

Sir David Gray
08-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Some cracking ties there!

I wish our draw was done 5.30 on a Saturday afternoon so all the fans heading back from the game could listen, was much funner that way.

We've got to wait until the Monday to allow Andre Villas Boas and Marcello Lippi time to get to Hampden. :rolleyes:

How the draw couldn't have been done about 10 minutes after the Peterhead-Celtic game finished is anyone's guess.

I Love Lamp
08-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Meanwhile the draw for the Scottish cup isn't taking place until tomorrow :confused:

It used to happen straight after the last match of each round, why is this no longer the case?

Might be because they had Villas-Boas and Lippi there tomorrow to do the Pro Licence course so they set the time to coincide with that after they'd agreed to do the draw. That might be rubbish though - could just be that whereas the more financially flush FA can afford to pay the staff to do the job on the Sunday, the SFA is trying to economise.

Agree weekend would be better though!

frazeHFC
08-01-2012, 11:30 PM
The draws are always midweek anyway these days, no matter who does it.

Bad Martini
08-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Another hat trick for Kuyt and the kings 11 say GIRFUY fergie ya bass

YNWA

Pete
08-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Another hat trick for Kuyt and the Fuhrers 11 say GIRFUY fergie ya bass

YNWA

Fixed that for you.

:tee hee:

Come on the reds!:thumbsup:

mca
09-01-2012, 12:07 AM

The SFA need more time to Fiddle the draw - obviously !!!

NOLA
09-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Another hat trick for Kuyt and the kings 11 say GIRFUY fergie ya bass

YNWA
with Man u out the champions league expect them to want this competion more than most years:wink:

Bad Martini
09-01-2012, 12:30 AM
with Man u out the champions league expect them to want this competion more than most years:wink:

Man ure are OUT the champions league? Shirley schome mishtake....????

And there wis me thinking they were gonna also win five ay they five big eared beuties???

Ah well. Better luck next time.

WALK ON

SouthEnglandHib
09-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Stevenage v Notts County

should also be highlighted:wink: