PDA

View Full Version : garry

cam75
08-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Any news on G,o at murry park for a medical just got a txt from mate saying that,or just a wined up ?

sundo1875
08-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Wind up

greenlex
08-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Any news on G,o at murry park for a medical just got a txt from mate saying that,or just a wined up ?
Wined Up.:greengrin Sounds about right.

cam75
08-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Jaked up then

Cropley10
08-01-2012, 04:38 PM

Don't think they do medicals at MP.

HibbyAndy
08-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Wether is true or not ive also heard GOC at MP right now.

HH81
08-01-2012, 04:44 PM
How can you have a medical if your injuired? :confused:

BigBamba
08-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Wether is true or not ive also heard GOC at MP right now.

Heard the exact same mate.

down-the-slope
08-01-2012, 04:46 PM
How can you have a medical if your 2 stone over weight and expect to pass? :confused:

:greengrin

oregonhibby
08-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Heard different

muirhousehibby
08-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Rumour I have heard was garry o'connor to gers for cash + david weir. Time will tell if its pish or not lol

Cropley10
08-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Heard the exact same mate.

Yep just got a text now saying he's at MP.

Cropley10
08-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Heard different

What have you heard?

Thief
08-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Apparently been reported on radio Clyde. At MP now :-(

ScottB
08-01-2012, 05:04 PM
They are welcome to him frankly, been mince for weeks, looks slow and unfit, head clearly elsewhere, obviously not a jot of respect for the club that rescued his career and has stood by him despite his drug and insurance fraud charges if he is going to bolt for the first club that makes eyes at him.

If Rangers are stupid enough to hand out what little cash they have left for a guy that has a very really chance of serious jail time, more fool them.

Liam_Hibs
08-01-2012, 05:07 PM
They are welcome to him frankly, been mince for weeks, looks slow and unfit, head clearly elsewhere, obviously not a jot of respect for the club that rescued his career and has stood by him despite his drug and insurance fraud charges if he is going to bolt for the first club that makes eyes at him.

If Rangers are stupid enough to hand out what little cash they have left for a guy that has a very really chance of serious jail time, more fool them.

:agree:

weecounty hibby
08-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Rumour I have heard was garry o'connor to gers for cash + david weir. Time will tell if its pish or not lol

That may or may not be pish, but if true I don't think that would be that bad a deal for us. We all knw GOC was here for one season at most and if Weir can steady the defence I think Doyle can bag some goals. Plus cah as well, not a bad deal IMHO. Tin hat firmly on!

Albion Hibs
08-01-2012, 05:10 PM
I would have thought the club physio and doctor would have been away with the team so seems a little tight for time for getting back from Arbroath.

I guess however it is possible, so long as we get a few quid for him then I am fine with it. He has scored a few goals, may have some troubling times ahead and has been off the boil in a big way recently. I am sure financially it is far more attractive to him to be playing for them, and I guess there are plenty of other benefits that come with it, so I would not be standing in his way.

All the best if you are off.

brog
08-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Is Liam Miller with him? Personally I think this is keek but if he is there then a fee must have been agreed. As Huns want Sandaza on a pre contract why would they pay dosh for GOC? We'll see, this is the silly season.

Hal Jordan
08-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Davie Weir?
Christ, that'll raise the average age of the team to 57 in one fell swoop. :wink:

soupy
08-01-2012, 05:22 PM

I don't think David weir will be anywhere near hibs. My understanding is BB has already spoke to him and he said thanks but no thanks.

Northernhibee
08-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Was angry at Gaz when I heard this rumour a while back as I'd have liked him to show some loyalty to the Hibees after we'd stood by him, but y'know, all the best.

Davie Weir I'd take in the team, he wouldn't be in my starting 11 but all of his experience can only be good for the likes of Hanlon, Stephens, Booth and the other youngsters in the back four, they need to learn quickly if we are to turn this season around.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2012, 05:28 PM
IF GOC does go, I wonder if Rod will start greeting, just like he did at AGM, when he said GOC was part of the family:rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
08-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Was angry at Gaz when I heard this rumour a while back as I'd have liked him to show some loyalty to the Hibees after we'd stood by him, but y'know, all the best.

Davie Weir I'd take in the team, he wouldn't be in my starting 11 but all of his experience can only be good for the likes of Hanlon, Stephens, Booth and the other youngsters in the back four, they need to learn quickly if we are to turn this season around.

In todays world?

Behave, GOC owes Hibernian nothing.

Billy Whizz
08-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Any foundation to this story?

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2012, 05:32 PM
In todays world?

Behave, GOC owes Hibernian nothing.

Even after Hibs taking a gamble on him, with his off the field antics (drug possession arrest and potential fraud case)?

matty_f
08-01-2012, 05:33 PM
I hope this isn't true. Kinda resigned to losing Garry anyway, however I'd much rather our best players stayed as long as possible.

Feed McGraw
08-01-2012, 05:33 PM

Well, Hanlon`s had plenty of time to learn already, but looks to me that he`s learned nothing. Same old mistakes he makes week in, week out.

HibbyAndy
08-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Even after Hibs taking a gamble on him, with his off the field antics (drug possession arrest and potential fraud case)?

Hibs werent the only team in for him..GOC had at least 3 other clubs to choose from so if he didnt sign for us he would have got another club.

He did us a wee turn and bagged us 10 goals or so.

So yes, GOC owes us not a jot.

smurf
08-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Good source on the Bounce confirming this. No surprise...

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 05:42 PM
I hope this isn't true. Kinda resigned to losing Garry anyway, however I'd much rather our best players stayed as long as possible.

Never mind, we'll still have big Sean.....imagine that alongside Weir. Gawd help us.

HibbyAndy
08-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Well according to most on here he was a fat lazy bassa anyway right so no great loss?

Aye exactly.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Hibs werent the only team in for him..GOC had at least 3 other clubs to choose from so if he didnt sign for us he would have got another club.

He did us a wee turn and bagged us 10 goals or so.

So yes, GOC owes us not a jot.

Didn't realise other Clubs were after him at the time he was signed.......

brog
08-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Here we go again, supporting or castigating a player based on an unsubstantiated rumour! Have we learned nothing from the Liam Miller fiasco? As I said earlier it does not seem logical that GOC would be at MP on a day when Rangers were playing away & a transfer fee would have had to have been agreed in advance - when would that have happened?. Also St J have acknowledged that Huns want Sandanza on a pre-contract, if they did go for GOC surely they would do the same?
Not to say GOC won't end up there but why the rush on a Sunday night?

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Well according to most on here he was a fat lazy bassa anyway right so no great loss?

Aye exactly.

He was never the most mobile player I've ever seen......His recent form has been poor, something to do with his toe injury......At least Griffiths and Doyle are mobile........

matty_f
08-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Never mind, we'll still have big Sean.....imagine that alongside Weir. Gawd help us.

Frightening.:agree:

weonlywon6-2
08-01-2012, 05:56 PM
O`Connor out , deeks in :greengrin

HibbyAndy
08-01-2012, 05:57 PM
O`Connor out , deeks in :greengrin

Now why on earth would we want a proven spl goalscorer? We hound players away on here dontcha know.

Feed McGraw
08-01-2012, 05:58 PM

Could not possibly be anymore frightening than what we have at present.

hibsbollah
08-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Its worked out well for all concerned. He's got us the goals we needed, he got a chance to resurrect his career. I'd rather he wasnt going to them :spider: but....Good luck Garry.

scuttle
08-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Couldnae stay on his feet during recent games,booked a few times for diving ,so would be well suited to the huns for getting them even more penalties at Ibrox. Would like to keep him though

weonlywon6-2
08-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Now why on earth would we want a proven spl goalscorer? We hound players away on here dontcha know.

exactly:greengrin

Barney McGrew
08-01-2012, 06:14 PM
If true it's hardly a surprise.

It's not as if he's been keeping quiet about potentially going there.

Aldo
If he goes he goes and we get a few bob...hopefully to help fund PF in the TW.

If he stays he stays. Apparantly out for next 4 or so weeks.

Cash in and hopefully a few more faces in. Ie a half decent CH.

That ma for the goals GOC

blackpoolhibs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FKz-p11Qlo

If this is true, the above is 100% bull****.

Aldo
08-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Meant to say that it would be Hibs letting him go and not him deciding. I am also sure a replacement of sorts has been lined up (maybe even Doyle was).

BroxburnHibee
08-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Here we go again, supporting or castigating a player based on an unsubstantiated rumour! Have we learned nothing from the Liam Miller fiasco? As I said earlier it does not seem logical that GOC would be at MP on a day when Rangers were playing away & a transfer fee would have had to have been agreed in advance - when would that have happened?. Also St J have acknowledged that Huns want Sandanza on a pre-contract, if they did go for GOC surely they would do the same?
Not to say GOC won't end up there but why the rush on a Sunday night?

Exactly

Burgh Hibby
08-01-2012, 06:38 PM
If he wants to go then let him.

We are in for a hell of a survival fight this year and we need players committed to the cause not wage thiefs.

:grr::grr::brickwall:brickwall

Jones28
08-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Christ knows what he's doing, never know these days with transfers, 2 days of rumours and p!sh flying about before clubs/players confirm anything!

Eyrie
08-01-2012, 06:40 PM
He's going to leave for nothing at the end of the season, so at least this gets us a small fee. It also creates room in the wages budget for Fenlon to bring someone else in.

As regards wishing him luck, if he was going anywhere other than the SPL I'd do so gladly.

HFC 0-7
08-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Not too bothered by him going to be honest (if this rumour is true) as I have resigned myself to it happening for a while. With us being quite thin on the ground for strikers I would like us to be bringing players in before letting them go. Wouldnt like us to let players go now and replace them at the end of the transfer window. We have a few important games coming up.

SteveHFC
08-01-2012, 07:00 PM
If O'Connor does go. He might get back in the Scotland squad now.

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Who gives a toss if we get a fee if he goes now, I would much rather see him remain at the club until the end of the season we need players of the quality of O'Connor at Hibs for as long as possible.

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2012, 07:04 PM
If he wants to go then let him.

We are in for a hell of a survival fight this year and we need players committed to the cause not wage thiefs.

:grr::grr::brickwall:brickwall

Aye right then!

Ozyhibby
08-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Can't understand people on here criticising Davies Weir. In 5 years time he will still be 10 times as good as any of our current defence.

SteveHFC
08-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Can't understand people on here criticising Davies Weir. In 5 years time he will still be 10 times as good as any of our current defence.

I would rather have Colin Murdoch back in defence than Weir.

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2012, 07:12 PM

Nonsense!

Burgh Hibby
08-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Aye right then!

What's your point ?

If he does not want to stay and wear the green and go and play in front of bigots every week then he can GTF.

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2012, 07:22 PM
What's your point ?

If he does not want to stay and wear the green and go and play in front of bigots every week then he can GTF.

What's yours, are you suggesting he's not earned his wages so far? If so yer a clown!

Burgh Hibby
08-01-2012, 07:28 PM
What's yours, are you suggesting he's not earned his wages so far? If so yer a clown!

He has earned his wages so far , i am saying I only want players committed to Hibs , sorry if it's difficult for you to understand.

If he wants to go let him.

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2012, 07:31 PM
He has earned his wages so far , i am saying I only want players committed to Hibs , sorry if it's difficult for you to understand.

If he wants to go let him.

Big difference in that and you calling him a wage thief is it not. No need to apologise I often find folk post drivel on here and then have to backtrack..........even me sometimes so it's not just you!

H113EE5
08-01-2012, 08:05 PM

:agree::agree::agree:

tamig
08-01-2012, 09:32 PM
He's going to leave for nothing at the end of the season, so at least this gets us a small fee. It also creates room in the wages budget for Fenlon to bring someone else in.

As regards wishing him luck, if he was going anywhere other than the SPL I'd do so gladly.

don't think there will be any fee - if he goes anywhere in January. And the wages GOC is being paid won't get us much.

Eyrie
08-01-2012, 09:36 PM
don't think there will be any fee - if he goes anywhere in January. And the wages GOC is being paid won't get us much.
There would have to be a fee if we're to lose him 6 months early, although it won't be a large one. Bit surprised though if he isn't one of our higher earners and that would make it better to keep him.

tamig
08-01-2012, 09:37 PM
There would have to be a fee if we're to lose him 6 months early, although it won't be a large one. Bit surprised though if he isn't one of our higher earners and that would make it better to keep him.

That's normally the case. But this isn't a normal case.

silverhibee
09-01-2012, 02:18 AM
Some thoughts from the blue corner.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=207694&st=0

Haymaker
09-01-2012, 02:39 AM

They arent very excited!

Pete
09-01-2012, 02:58 AM
They arent very excited!

They're ****. That's all we need to know about them.

bingo70
09-01-2012, 06:25 AM
In the scotsman this morning they understand rangers aren't interested in GoC, no quotes or anything though

spike220
09-01-2012, 06:30 AM

The thing that stikes me is that there are quite offensive little people posting on that thread, I couldn't bring myself to read too much. Makes me feel fortunate to have hibs net.

GGTTH

Haymaker
09-01-2012, 08:01 AM
They're ****. That's all we need to know about them.

Ahh very true. Very true.

brog
09-01-2012, 09:13 AM
How's that medical going? Is Garry still standing in the corner trying to get one out? According to this board there's more medicals at MP than at the Royal! Seriously, the overreaction to nonsensical texts & unsubstantiated rumours is crazy & can only harm our club, as witness the ridiculous booing of Liam Miller last season.

IanM
09-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Twitter from BBC Allison Robbie just tweeted that his agent knows of no contact from rangers for o connor

Cropley10
09-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Twitter from BBC Allison Robbie just tweeted that his agent knows of no contact from rangers for o connor

:confused: He was at MP yesterday having a medical, no?

Cropley10
09-01-2012, 01:01 PM
How's that medical going? Is Garry still standing in the corner trying to get one out? According to this board there's more medicals at MP than at the Royal! Seriously, the overreaction to nonsensical texts & unsubstantiated rumours is crazy & can only harm our club, as witness the ridiculous booing of Liam Miller last season.

:agree:

Monts
09-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Said on Sky Sports News this morning that there were 3 clubs interested in OConnor.

Cant remember who they all were though.

Rangers were one of them.

silverhibee
09-01-2012, 01:15 PM

Tweet Allison Robbie back and ask who his agent is.

IWasThere2016
09-01-2012, 01:48 PM

Hibbyradge
09-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Said on Sky Sports News this morning that there were 3 clubs interested in OConnor.

Millwall and Charlton were the others.

J-C
09-01-2012, 02:12 PM

Think they said Charlton and Millwall

JimBHibees
09-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Millwall and Charlton were the others.

I was sure someone posted on here indicating GOC was in the process of buying a house in London so that may make some sense.

tamig
09-01-2012, 02:47 PM
I was sure someone posted on here indicating GOC was in the process of buying a house in London so that may make some sense.

He may be moving to London but he won't be buying a house there.

JimBHibees
09-01-2012, 03:13 PM
He may be moving to London but he won't be buying a house there.

Why?

.Sean.
09-01-2012, 03:20 PM

He represents himself doesn't he mate?

hibs0666
09-01-2012, 03:25 PM
How's that medical going? Is Garry still standing in the corner trying to get one out?

Is O'Connor going to be a sperm donor too?

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2012, 03:38 PM

If Garry would stop telling anyone who will listen he's off to the huns, maybe the rumours would stop? Unsubstantiated, i dont think so this time?

brog
09-01-2012, 03:50 PM
If Garry would stop telling anyone who will listen he's off to the huns, maybe the rumours would stop? Unsubstantiated, i dont think so this time?

Of course it was unsubstantiated, he wasn't at MP having a medical & that was all I was commenting on. As I said earlier it may be he'll end up at Huns but the rumours yesterday were ludicrous.

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2012, 03:53 PM
[/B]Of course it was unsubstantiated, he wasn't at MP having a medical & that was all I was commenting on. As I said earlier it may be he'll end up at Huns but the rumours yesterday were ludicrous.

He has been telling everyone who will listen he's off to the huns. Fenlon even mentioned it. Nothing unsubstantiated in that. :confused:

givescotlandfreedom
09-01-2012, 04:02 PM

I'm not doubting you but do you have a link to PF's comments?

brog
09-01-2012, 04:05 PM
He has been telling everyone who will listen he's off to the huns. Fenlon even mentioned it. Nothing unsubstantiated in that. :confused:

The OP started the thread by saying he had heard GOC was at MP having a medical. Very quickly we had others saying they had received texts saying the same. Then we had people attacking GOC saying he was rubbish & a wage thief amongst other things. I'm sure you'll agree the rumour about him being at MP was completely unsubstantiated ( was in fact wrong ) & that & the OTT reactions to that rumour were all I was commenting on.
PS, was Fenlon's comment not only that there had been no contact whatsoever from any club, including Rangers?

Bostonhibby
09-01-2012, 04:08 PM
:confused: He was at MP yesterday having a medical, no?

Aye, right enough, the medical takes 20 minutes but he has to pass a 48 hour examination by the brotherhood to see if he is "one of them" or not. He is having his tattoos officially validated as not of the Kaflik type then its just the usual question and answer session about the all important Bottle of the Boing and whether he likes camp looking wigged guys on horses or not, after that its just the back to back singing of 30 SFA approved non sectarian songs and he is in.

Dont see the jail thing as being a problem as there's plenty of them in there to look out for him.:wink:

tamig
09-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Why?

Why are people not usually able to buy houses?

tamig
09-01-2012, 05:46 PM
He represents himself doesn't he mate?

Not quite!

Bad Martini
09-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Why are people not usually able to buy houses?

Various reasons. I'd wager he made enough cash in Moscow to purchase a house in london if that's where he's going...I'd also wager he will have more money coming in if he goes there for a job and starts playing for someone = more money to buy house???? Unless he's going to live in a travel lodge or sleep in a box on Piccadilly circus?

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Various reasons. I'd wager he made enough cash in Moscow to purchase a house in london if that's where he's going...I'd also wager he will have more money coming in if he goes there for a job and starts playing for someone = more money to buy house???? Unless he's going to live in a travel lodge or sleep in a box on Piccadilly circus?

According to folk "in the know" on here he's skint and has blown the lot!

Hibernia Na Eir
09-01-2012, 06:58 PM
GOC aint going to Gers :wink:

The_Todd
09-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Wow. That forum makes Kickback look like a place of enlightenment. Potato eater? What? It's 2012, and because he's not of their political or religious persuasion (as far as I know, in fact I don't know but I'm guessing by their reactions) he's a "potato eater'?

Some of those people don't deserve oxygen, let alone a football club to support.

Eyrie
09-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Isn't "potato eater" the sort of sectarian comment that our Dear Leader Alex Salmond is meant to be cracking down on?

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Isn't "potato eater" the sort of sectarian comment that our Dear Leader Alex Salmond is meant to be cracking down on?

Wow! Potato Eater is a term we used to use for someone from Ireland nowt to do with their religion!

Eyrie
09-01-2012, 07:41 PM
This is the first time I've come across it, and given the context of a Huns forum I assumed the worst. Still doesn't strike me as being complimentary.

green glory
09-01-2012, 08:30 PM
He was in Harvey Nicks on Saturday buying a couple of grands worth of threads. Told the lad serving him he's off to Rangers.

Cropley10
09-01-2012, 08:34 PM
This is the first time I've come across it, and given the context of a Huns forum I assumed the worst. Still doesn't strike me as being complimentary.

Devout Huns NEVER eat potatoes. FACT.

muirhousehibby
09-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Just been on sky sports that Rangers,Millwall and Charlton all interested in Garry O'Connor.

Bostonhibby
09-01-2012, 08:45 PM

it's chips, but I doubt your average hun knows they come from potatoes.

Since all the cooking programmes started appearing on telly some of them have gone and got a chip pan and instruction manual - always liked to have a bit of class - F all else in the kitchen mind, and most of them think its a hat.

The_Todd
09-01-2012, 08:45 PM

They'd freak if they ever found out what chips were made from. Also fact.

ancient hibee
09-01-2012, 08:50 PM
it's chips, but I doubt your average hun knows they come from potatoes.

Since all the cooking programmes started appearing on telly some of them have gone and got a chip pan and instruction manual - always liked to have a bit of class - F all else in the kitchen mind, and most of them think its a hat.

Strathclyde Fire Service have gone on strike.

Bostonhibby
09-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Strathclyde Fire Service have gone on strike.

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2012, 08:52 PM
He was in Harvey Nicks on Saturday buying a couple of grands worth of threads. Told the lad serving him he's off to Rangers.

He seems to be telling all and sundry about this impending move, pretty disrepectful to all connected with Hibs:rolleyes:

ancient hibee
09-01-2012, 08:59 PM
He seems to be telling all and sundry about this impending move, pretty disrepectful to all connected with Hibs:rolleyes:

Perhaps it's a GOC lookalike trying to upset us?

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Perhaps it's a GOC lookalike trying to upset us?

Possibly, but he is going to look silly, if his move does not come off.....

tamig
09-01-2012, 10:01 PM

He did indeed. But when the cash is gone it's gone. Especially if you've made some crazy investments at the expense of good ones.

essexhibee
09-01-2012, 10:08 PM
He may be an arse but is he really that stupid to say this and that to a Harvey nicks shop assistant? :confused:

tamig
09-01-2012, 10:14 PM
He may be an arse but is he really that stupid to say this and that to a Harvey nicks shop assistant? :confused:

Maybe he has a few clones running about. I'd imagine he'd have been at Cowdenbeath on Saturday for the game when he was meant to be splashing the cash he doesn't have in Harvey Nicks. Or maybe he was at Murray Park then? He seems to get about does our Garry :agree:

NotoriousLor
10-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Or maybe, like some of us, he's sick of hearing about it and is just agreeing to the questions asked so he can get out the shop and stop getting asked about his move to the hun.

totalfootball
10-01-2012, 07:35 AM
I love Garry O as a player, when hes at it but until he actually leaves I'll pay no attention to gossip from things hes allegedly said. He told my old boy at a Hibs poty doo about 8 or 9 yrs ago when he just broke onto the scene that he was away to Rangers in the summer....some time on hes still saying it..... Hope he stays and gets back to top form with us!