PDA

View Full Version : View from neutrals

davidw
08-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Went to Cowdenbeath (Lordy, what a sh*tehole!) with two non-Hibs supporters yesterday. Given all the gnashing of teeth in the other thread about the performance, I thought their comments were interesting.

They couldn't believe how negative a lot of the fans were about the team: yes, the last 25 minutes were dire, but they saw that as clearly relating to the conditions (several time we couldn't get the ball forward just because of the gale), and more generally thought Hibs (in large patches) were pretty decent. They were particularly impressed with Booth and Wotherspoon (and I did think he played well yesterday), as well as the new striker Doyle. One of them also liked Galbraith, but that may have been the dodgy pint from the dodgy pub affecting his dodgy brain. But overall, given the conditions, given it was a no-win situation, they were reasonably impressed and - as I say - were very surprised at the negativity of a lot of the fans.

Think it is time for a bit more positive support - Griffiths clearly thought so too...

PS And if Hibs need any more encouragement to avoid relegation, surely the fact that they would have to visit Cowdenbeath (I'll say it again: Lordy, what a sh*tehole!) twice next season should be motivation enough.

Beefster
08-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Folk need to understand whatever negativity there is in the context of the past few years.

Pretty Boy
08-01-2012, 12:24 PM
I got chatting to a group of currant buns who were on the train.back.to Edinburgh who had been in the Hibs end as they fancied taking in a game.

They left at half time because of the cold and wanting a beer but they said they thought Hibs were ok in the 1st half in spells and they thought Doyle and Stevenson were good players.

Future17
08-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Went to Cowdenbeath (Lordy, what a sh*tehole!) with two non-Hibs supporters yesterday. Given all the gnashing of teeth in the other thread about the performance, I thought their comments were interesting.

They couldn't believe how negative a lot of the fans were about the team: yes, the last 25 minutes were dire, but they saw that as clearly relating to the conditions (several time we couldn't get the ball forward just because of the gale), and more generally thought Hibs (in large patches) were pretty decent. They were particularly impressed with Booth and Wotherspoon (and I did think he played well yesterday), as well as the new striker Doyle. One of them also liked Galbraith, but that may have been the dodgy pint from the dodgy pub affecting his dodgy brain. But overall, given the conditions, given it was a no-win situation, they were reasonably impressed and - as I say - were very surprised at the negativity of a lot of the fans.Think it is time for a bit more positive support - Griffiths clearly thought so too...

PS And if Hibs need any more encouragement to avoid relegation, surely the fact that they would have to visit Cowdenbeath (I'll say it again: Lordy, what a sh*tehole!) twice next season should be motivation enough.

Yeah, that negativity is shocking.....:rolleyes:

hibeeleicester
08-01-2012, 10:19 PM
EVERY neutral ive took to see Hibs have said Galbraith is a good player, and i agree with them. :agree:

bigstu
08-01-2012, 10:22 PM
EVERY neutral ive took to see Hibs have said Galbraith is a good player, and i agree with them. :agree:

have you been drinking??

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2012, 10:31 PM

Well go on tell us then, we are all dying to know........................what other sport does galbraith play that you and your mates go to watch him at.

frazeHFC
08-01-2012, 10:34 PM

http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/