PDA

View Full Version : McPake to sign over forthcoming week

thebausburst
08-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Just back from shops and a good flick through all the Sunday's. According to the Scottish Sunday Express or Mail (can't remember which) Hibs are set to sign McPake after Paddy gave the best pitch to Coventry despite (alleged) interest from Dundee Utd, Hearts, Dunfermline and others. Would be great news IMO given the high regard the guy seems to be held in. :thumbsup:

spike220
08-01-2012, 11:23 AM
great stuff if true!

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
08-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Is he a right or left sided centre back?

brydekirk
08-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Right hopefully, he can take O' hanlon's place

Reaper
08-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Good to see the manager prioritise signings in the areas needed most. Hope this is true!

Pretty Boy
08-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Here's hoping.

We were woeful in the centre of defence at times yesterday.

DanHFC1875
08-01-2012, 02:04 PM
would welcome this guy with open arms.. that defence of ours is leakier than a colander with extra holes in it. Glad we are through in the cup, but shipping 2 goals against the bue brazil says it all :s

Pete
08-01-2012, 03:38 PM
I wonder what tactics hearts used to try and sign him. He probably would have joined them not that long ago and I hope this the way its going to be from now on. What goes around comes around.

Hibernia Na Eir
08-01-2012, 03:41 PM
why would ANY right minded player want to sign for Hearts? they haven't a hope in hell of attracting decent players now.
Liking the sound of McPake though....

Pretty Boy
08-01-2012, 03:42 PM
I wonder what tactics hearts used to try and sign him. He probably would have joined them not that long ago and I hope this the way its going to be from now on. What goes around comes around.

An IOU promising to pay the money for him as soon as it became available.

Vault Boy
08-01-2012, 05:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxapA2xDxXs&feature=fvst

Sorry if already posted, I know we haven't had the best of luck when signing players with videos on 'Youtube', but looks a good one. :thumbsup:

Northernhibee
08-01-2012, 06:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxapA2xDxXs&feature=fvst

Sorry if already posted, I know we haven't had the best of luck when signing players with videos on 'Youtube', but looks a good one. :thumbsup:

Looks kind of what O'Hanlon should have been, no nonsense machine of a defender who gets well stuck in.

Vault Boy
08-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Looks kind of what O'Hanlon should have been, no nonsense machine of a defender who gets well stuck in.

That's what I thought from watching this, took his goal nicely as well, look's to be a good signing if it happens. :agree:

monktonharp
08-01-2012, 08:36 PM
like the look o' Mc Pake. no nonsence hard looking defender. so, yes please if he wants to come

SouthamptonHibs
08-01-2012, 08:48 PM
had a chat with a Cov city season ticket holder about this guy,he said he was decent but always injured! Hasn't had any game time since he done his back (think it was broke /fractured)
Not keen on signing him....we need someone who can play week in week out that's match fit! plus he ain't even playing for Cov City and there bottom ooh the league

DanHFC1875
08-01-2012, 11:13 PM
he ooks good.. hope we don't sign a sicknote.. but if he stays fit til the end of the season... and we get him.. looks like he would be a at addition.

Cropley10
10-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Is it this week? Anyone know?

Lang Toun Hibs
10-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Is it this week? Anyone know?

It is at the moment...until next week comes along but I guess when it does it will still be this week then just like last week was this week until this week came along.

Glad I cleared that up.

DC_Hibs
11-01-2012, 07:15 AM
I read this week on a Coventry site that CCFC wouldnt allow him to go until a replacement (sub?) is in.

Highly rated by their fans but not a loss due to injuries.

frazeHFC
12-01-2012, 10:23 PM
McPake is following the Hibs ladies coach on twitter. :hmmm:

Seriously though, hope we get him, we needed a RB and CB and we are half way there, so signing McPake would be good.

Dalianwanda
13-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Is that his best bits or just an average McPake day?

basehibby
13-01-2012, 02:37 AM
like the look o' Mc Pake. no nonsence hard looking defender. so, yes please if he wants to come

:agree: Hope he's over his back trouble - looks to be a cracking defender with just the sort of attitude we need - I think he'd be worth the risk assuming he's now fit and ready to go. Come on Pakesy - sign on the dotted line :hyper:

Captain Trips
13-01-2012, 02:41 AM
So just to confirm the excitment, we are looking to bolster our shaky defence with a player whom has started 2 games for a team that are bottom of their respective league?

Cropley10
13-01-2012, 07:55 AM
So just to confirm the excitment, we are looking to bolster our shaky defence with a player whom has started 2 games for a team that are bottom of their respective league?

That is if Dunfermline don't sign him before us.

ahibby
13-01-2012, 09:51 AM
You could say a player who is better than we have at present in the opinion of those in a position to meke changes.
That way it's not as negative but preserves the anti positive tradition through a degree of neutrality.

I second this.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2012, 04:11 PM
So is he signing this week or not? :confused:

Hibs07p
13-01-2012, 04:27 PM
So is he signing this week or not? :confused:

I think he is waiting to see who wins the "six Pointer" before deciding on us or them. :greengrin

SMAXXA
13-01-2012, 04:29 PM

Geez a came over to this thread for a bit variety and see your moaning again, whos been p(ssin on your chips recently, have a bit faith, be positive I know its hard just now but good vibes might bring good fortune and all that lol dont believe a word of it but u get the point :greengrin

LancsHibs
13-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Spoke to a big Coventry City fan today about McPake, says he is a really strong CH and would be sorry o see him go. Sounds like a good signing and just what we need:thumbsup: Only negative is he says he is a bit injury pone and he believes is a current incumbent of their treatment table.
States that he would not be surprised if this happened and Cov should be easy to do business with as hy are in financial do-dos!

machibby
14-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Noticed McPake started for Coventry today. Maybe that's that then?

PatHead
16-01-2012, 11:05 PM
I read this week on a Coventry site that CCFC wouldnt allow him to go until a replacement (sub?) is in.

Highly rated by their fans but not a loss due to injuries.

Notice Coventry signed Hermann Hreidarsson from Portsmouth today. Wonder if deal might be on now? Anyone know?

Hibbyradge
16-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Seriously, why would any player want to sign for an old fashioned team like us who pay the wages on time every month.

Effin dinosaurs.

Petrie! :brickwall

SouthMoroccoStu
17-01-2012, 07:09 AM
Notice Coventry signed Hermann Hreidarsson from Portsmouth today. Wonder if deal might be on now? Anyone know?

Here's hoping