Saorsa
08-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Updates here :aok:

Wembley67
08-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Oh god, let the manc baiting begin :greengrin

HH81
08-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Dan can you let the other games so we know which ones we can discuss here? :-)

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Dan can you let the other games so we know which ones we can discuss here? :-)are you going tae start typing something I can understand? :greengrin

15:00 Sheffield Wednesday v West Ham United
15:00 Chelsea v Portsmouth
15:30 Peterborough United v Sunderland

+ todays bigotfest

12:45 Arbroath v Rangers
15:00 Peterhead v Celtic

Sir David Gray
08-01-2012, 12:33 PM
What about the FA Women's Premier League match between Cardiff and Charlton or the FA Women's Cup match between Blackpool and Mossley Hill?

Is it ok to post updates on them on this thread? :dunno:

Wembley67
08-01-2012, 12:41 PM
What about the FA Women's Premier League match between Cardiff and Charlton or the FA Women's Cup match between Blackpool and Mossley Hill?

Why wouldn't it be, can one not read?

Sir David Gray
08-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Why wouldn't it be, can one not read?

Just wondered since we've started restricting updates of matches to individual threads, that's all.

Wasn't sure where we stood on those matches.

Cheers for the confirmation though. :aok:

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 12:45 PM

Is it ok to post updates on them on this thread? :dunno:Yes anything other than Manchester :aok: If folk could stick tae just updates it would be fine but it always turns in tae a Manchester bitch fest and other folk have tae wade through pages of pish tae find what they are looking for. The Spurs Chelsea thread was closed because of Manchester bitching, the boxing day thread was hi-jacked by manchester bitching as is just about every other update thread.

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Just wondered since we've started restricting updates of matches to individual threads, that's all.

Wasn't sure where we stood on those matches.

Cheers for the confirmation though. :aok:How about if we just restricted them tae updates?

Sir David Gray
08-01-2012, 12:54 PM
How about if we just restricted them tae updates?

Really don't understand the problem people have with adding a bit of banter to these threads.

As I said in a thread last week, I see threads on forums like this as being an extension to a discussion you would have in a pub. The topic evolves as more people get involved.

As long as the forum rules aren't breached then I don't see the issue and last time I checked them, there was no rule saying you couldn't have a laugh about the rivalry between two sides.

The only games on here that should have a seperate thread for updates are Hibs games.

In my opinion, of course. :agree:

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Really don't understand the problem people have with adding a bit of banter to these threads.

As I said in a thread last week, I see threads on forums like this as being an extension to a discussion you would have in a pub. The topic evolves as more people get involved.

As long as the forum rules aren't breached then I don't see the issue and last time I checked them, there was no rule saying you couldn't have a laugh about the rivalry between two sides.

The only games on here that should have a seperate thread for updates are Hibs games.

In my opinion, of course. :agree:You want tae tell me why the Spurs Chelsea thread was locked if it didnae breach the rules and was just banter? Please feel free tae continue this discussion on the other thread.

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Huns 1 up

Sir David Gray
08-01-2012, 01:06 PM
You want tae tell me why the Spurs Chelsea thread was locked if it didnae breach the rules and was just banter? Please feel free tae continue this discussion on the other thread.

I wasn't actually aware that thread got locked.

Having just had a look at it, I have absolutely no idea why it was locked.

Anyway, I'm away over to the big thread now. :bye:

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Huns 2 up

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-01-2012, 01:11 PM
On my way to the big tie at Hillsborough, got a feeling Sam will play a weakened team and The Hammers will go out!

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Arbroath FC 0-3 Huns

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Arbroath FC 0-4 Huns

Pretty Boy
08-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Just have to hope Peterhead do a job in the next game.

I don't see it.

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Arbroath FC 0-4 HunsFT

greenlex
08-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Be interesting to see how Mcallister does fr Peterhead against SPL opposition. There were a few wanted him to come to ER.
Mon the Plumber.:greengrin

Barney McGrew
08-01-2012, 03:37 PM
1-0 Septic

Stokes

thebakerboy
08-01-2012, 03:42 PM
any one watching Posh v Black Cats , no commentary , sorry now got commentary

Hibernia Na Eir
08-01-2012, 03:43 PM
better without the commentry

Sylar
08-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Just back from Gayfield - Rangers were just a class above Arbroath sadly.

Glad to see the polis eject the idiots for setting off the flares and smoke grenades at the start of the first half, and the idiot who tried it again at HT - couldn't see past the bloody halfway line before the first half got underway!!!

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Goal, Chelsea, Mata, 1-0

Sylar
08-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Peterhead 0-2 Tims: Stokes again.

Sylar
08-01-2012, 04:25 PM
07:14 - "...and joined the IRA".

64:19 - "you'll never beat, beat the IRA"

Awfully ****ing loud minority Lawell.

Celtc FC support = sc*m.

Sylar
08-01-2012, 04:40 PM
0-3 Tims: Stokes hattrick.

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Goal, Peterborough United 0-1 Sunderland AFC

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Chelsea 2 - 0 Portsmouth

Edit: 3-0

greenlex
08-01-2012, 04:49 PM
2-0 black cats.

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Wednesday 1 - 0 West Ham
Peterborough 0 - 2 Sunderland

grunt
08-01-2012, 04:54 PM
On my way to the big tie at Hillsborough, got a feeling Sam will play a weakened team and The Hammers will go out!
1 Nil down, missed a penalty which was given away by oor Rob!

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 04:54 PM
4-0 Chelsea FT

Hibernia Na Eir
08-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Just back from Gayfield - Rangers were just a class above Arbroath sadly.

Glad to see the polis eject the idiots for setting off the flares and smoke grenades at the start of the first half, and the idiot who tried it again at HT - couldn't see past the bloody halfway line before the first half got underway!!!

what you doing watching Rangers? seem very anti Celtic looking at your posts. something you wish to share...?

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2012, 05:04 PM

In my opinion, of course. :agree:

I dont see the bid geal why Man U or Man C, or any other English Club for that matter, when the majority who post have probably never seen the team they claim to follow, play in the Flesh....

Wish there was another board so that all these "followers" could dicuss to their hearts content, and leave the main board for Hibs related chat......

greenlex
08-01-2012, 05:09 PM
what you doing watching Rangers? seem very anti Celtic looking at your posts. something you wish to share...?
He was there to watch Arbroath?

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 05:11 PM
He was there to watch Arbroath?

Rhode Island seems a long way to come from to watch Arbroath.......

Sylar
08-01-2012, 05:25 PM

Wow, really? Let me ask you a question - how does one go along to a football match and watch just the one team? I was in the Arbroath end, with a friend, who's boss happens to be one of the Arbroath directors and gave him 2 tickets - does this aid or ruin your conspiracy theory that I'm allegedly a Rangers fan?

I am very anti-Celtic and I make no secret of this - I despise everything their club/fans represent, I despise their constant celebration of the IRA, I despise their delusions of grandeur/victimisation and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on this particular forum who feels this way.

Sylar
08-01-2012, 05:26 PM

Aye, you got me - I'm secretly part of the Rhode Island loyal :wink:

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 05:34 PM

Thought that - can sniff a hun out at forty paces.....................

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Wow, really? Let me ask you a question - how does one go along to a football match and watch just the one team? I was in the Arbroath end, with a friend, who's boss happens to be one of the Arbroath directors and gave him 2 tickets - does this aid or ruin your conspiracy theory that I'm allegedly a Rangers fan?

I am very anti-Celtic and I make no secret of this - I despise everything their club/fans represent, I despise their constant celebration of the IRA, I despise their delusions of grandeur/victimisation and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on this particular forum who feels this way.

Thats all fine and well, but by the same token you should equally be anti-rangers who sing about UVF/UDA.....

Two cheeks of the same erse...........

BEEJ
08-01-2012, 05:43 PM

Thats all fine and well, but by the same token you should equally be anti-rangers who sing about UVF/UDA.....

:hnetinq:

Sylar
08-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Thats all fine and well, but surely you should be the same amount of ant-rangers who sing about UVF/UDA.....

Why can't I mention one, which is in relation to a game I was watching in the here and now, without having to mention the other (particularly when I didn't hear any UVF/UDA songs today by contrast)? - it becomes a bit like the political/media game, whereby whenever Cameron or the Conservatives are challenged on their economic policies, they constantly deflect to the other half.

SteveHFC
08-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Liverpool-Man Utd in the FA Cup 4th Round

Bring on Utd :aok:

CFC
08-01-2012, 05:56 PM

Benedict Arnold eh? :wink: hope you get the reference.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Why can't I mention one, which is in relation to a game I was watching in the here and now, without having to mention the other (particularly when I didn't hear any UVF/UDA songs today by contrast)? - it becomes a bit like the political/media game, whereby whenever Cameron or the Conservatives are challenged on their economic policies, they constantly deflect to the other half.

I hate them both equally..... No political agenda intended

Northernhibee
08-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Was at Arbroath vs the Huns (lived in Arbroath for a couple of decades, was nice to head back) - Ally was getting it tight from the home support. "Can anyone smell Sue Barker?" etc.

Good atmosphere, Rangers fans had thrown smoke canisters and what appeared to be burning toilet paper on so kick-off was delayed, good to see nothing ever changes with the ugly sisters.

Sylar
08-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Catalan derby is 20 minutes in and Barca lead 0-1, with a headed goal (from the 18 yard line!) from Cesc Fabergas separating the sides.

Could easily be 2-1 to Espanyol though, with Valdes having made 2 superb saves!

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Catalan derby is 20 minutes in and Barca lead 0-1, with a headed goal (from the 18 yard line!) from Cesc Fabergas separating the sides.

Could easily be 2-1 to Espanyol though, with Valdes having made 2 superb saves!

Just seen the replay of the save from the header from behind the net. How quick did he move his feet to get into position?

Sylar
08-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Espanyol 1-1 Barcelona

Barcelona should have had an injury time penalty!

Pete
08-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Watching Sportscene and I'm sure I heard the famine song just before the final whistle.

Where's the outrage?...or are people waiting for the Celtic game to suddenly prick their ears up.

Sylar
08-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Watching Sportscene and I'm sure I heard the famine song just before the final whistle.

Where's the outrage?...or are people waiting for the Celtic game to suddenly prick their ears up.

They were singing "Arbroath's a *****hole, I want to go home" - not the famine song.

Pete
08-01-2012, 10:54 PM
They were singing "Arbroath's a *****hole, I want to go home" - not the famine song.

Not sure I can take your word for that.

I might have believed you before you were "outed"...but you might just be defending your mates.:greengrin

Sylar
08-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Not sure I can take your word for that.

I might have believed you before you were "outed"...but you might just be defending your mates.:greengrin

:greengrin

Sir David Gray
09-01-2012, 12:17 AM

As promised, here's the info from the two matches above.

Charlton Ladies managed a vital 1-0 away win at Cardiff to go 4 points clear in 3rd place.

And Blackpool Wren Rovers edged out Mossley Hill in a five goal thriller to reach the second round of the Budweiser FA Women's Cup! :thumbsup:

I thought the whole idea behind this thread was so it could be used solely for match updates? :confused: