PDA

View Full Version : Anyone sitting in the stand yesterday?

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 10:08 AM
What a shambles.
I know they are a wee club, but this is a ground I have visited a few times before (including a cup tie in the 90s) and I never expected the chaos we were met with.
Enter the same away turnstiles at the end of the stand only to walk right around the terracing to get to the opposite end of the stand?
And vice-versa on the way out?
Bollox to that and some even handed pressure on stewards and polis resulted in a solution and the removal of some makeshift Herras fencing. Although this meant we were still making our way along the bottom of the Home stand when they scored their first goal, so we had those orange *******s right in our ears.....

I like the Cup, love visiting lower league grounds and I'm all for the survival of these clubs and (some of) their traditions. But, if they cannot cope with an attendance of two and a half thousand, they should not be playing their cup-ties at home.

Hibernia Na Eir
08-01-2012, 10:14 AM
well said!
let's face it, their fans are mini Huns and their farm is not a footballing arena.
they can stick their Blue Brazil up their erse!

Gala Foxes
08-01-2012, 10:21 AM
I was in the stand, didn't mind the walk round the terracing, thought it was good going back to grass roots football away from the normal Subbuteo stands we go to every 2nd week.

The Cowdenbeath supporters got behind their team, so they sang a few Hearts songs - we were singing Panathanaikos when we went to Athens

Got to remember this club will be skint and probably doing well to fund a team on the park

We had to "rough it" for an afternoon - thats what Cup Football is all about

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 10:35 AM
I was in the stand, didn't mind the walk round the terracing, thought it was good going back to grass roots football away from the normal Subbuteo stands we go to every 2nd week.

The Cowdenbeath supporters got behind their team, so they sang a few Hearts songs - we were singing Panathanaikos when we went to Athens

Got to remember this club will be skint and probably doing well to fund a team on the park

Don't disagree with any of that and don't mind roughing it. Haven't missed a Hibs cup tie since 1981 so I've roughed it in a few places. I've acknowledged that I want them to maintain their place in the sphere. Prefer to take my place in the stadium without circumnavigating all of it though.

Booked4Being-Ugly
08-01-2012, 10:37 AM
The Cowden Family
-----------------
To the tune of the Addams Family)

They come frae near Lochgelly
They havenae got a telly
They’re dirty and they’re smelly
The Cowden Family

The girls all have moustaches
They’ve all got nasty rashes
And nae **** ever washes
The Cowden Family

Hibernia Na Eir
08-01-2012, 10:40 AM

still total s*um.
horrible town.

Hibernia Na Eir
08-01-2012, 10:43 AM
The Cowden Family
-----------------
To the tune of the Addams Family)

They come frae near Lochgelly
They havenae got a telly
They’re dirty and they’re smelly
The Cowden Family

The girls all have moustaches
They’ve all got nasty rashes
And nae **** ever washes
The Cowden Family

braw!

let's not forget their bigot chairman too. the person paid fortunes to defend the undefendable ....s*umbag.

CallumLaidlaw
08-01-2012, 10:49 AM
They sang hearts songs cos half their crowd were hearts and rangers "fans"

DC_Hibs
08-01-2012, 10:51 AM
braw!

let's not forget their bigot chairman too. the person paid fortunes to defend the undefendable ....s*umbag.

Got to agree with you here pal. Rangers and Celtic are total *****.

I Love Lamp
08-01-2012, 05:25 PM
A lot of small clubs in Scotland are mini-Huns. Cowdenbeath, Irvine Meadow, Hearts