PDA

View Full Version : Sean O'hanlon

KiddA
08-01-2012, 05:21 AM
I really do hope Pat drops this guy for the Pars game. Just watched the highlights and he is like Bambi on ice. Got turned inside out for both goals and is a yard off the pace. This is the type of player you get when you pay peanuts and if this is the case we will go down. Glad as ever to get the win but Hibs have bigger fish to fry, spl safety being the number 1 priority. I really hope we can fix this defence and start picking up some points :pray:

I am pretty sure PF is aware of this bomb scare of a player but to be fair he does not have many options.

Niffy
08-01-2012, 05:59 AM
Are the highlights online or iplayer yet ?

Gala Foxes
08-01-2012, 08:24 AM
At fault at both goals (although granted their 2nd was a beauty), turned inside out at 1st

Let the ball go through twice in 2nd half unaware that their were Beath players coming in on it

It seems to be panic stations every time the ball goes anywhere near him

Not sure if it is lack of confidence or he is just a poor player - I fear the latter

Beefster
08-01-2012, 08:25 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b019c0k8/Sportscene_07_01_2012/

Billy Whizz
08-01-2012, 08:31 AM
I really do hope Pat drops this guy for the Pars game. Just watched the highlights and he is like Bambi on ice. Got turned inside out for both goals and is a yard off the pace. This is the type of player you get when you pay peanuts and if this is the case we will go down. Glad as ever to get the win but Hibs have bigger fish to fry, spl safety being the number 1 priority. I really hope we can fix this defence and start picking up some points :pray:

I am pretty sure PF is aware of this bomb scare of a player but to be fair he does not have many options.

He's suspended for the Pars game

Bob Box Fish
08-01-2012, 09:28 AM
He was embarrassing against cowdenbeath.

If we replaced him and got a decent right back it would make a big difference. I would also like a new left back and move booth into left mid field.

Hibstrooper
08-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Strange that Stephens was the one who got dropped when he was playing better, I can only think it was because perhaps Fenlon thought a centre pairing of Hanlon and Stephens would be too inexperienced.

The way O'Hanlon dove in and committed himself for both their goals was very poor defending

Andy74
08-01-2012, 09:42 AM

It's the type of player a poor manager buys. Nothing to do with what you pay. We got the likes of Jones and Bamba on the same wages.

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Cannae believe Colin Deadwood was chasing this guy for ages, he makes Colin Murdoch look like he was a player.

Heckys Wheel
08-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Been abysmal for weeks now. Out-gaffed only by Michael Hart each week.

Not only are our results being affected by these guys, Hanlon and Booth are shadows of their former selves. If we don't get a couple of real defenders in soon, all the potential the young guys had wont be realised and will end up knocking around the lower leagues all their career.

Replacing O'Hanlon and Hart must be job 1 for Fenlon.

matty_f
08-01-2012, 09:48 AM
I think the criticism for O'Hanlon, particularly for the first goal, is harsh. His center half partner fluffed a clearance right to Cameron who played the ball towards one of two players O'Hanlon was left to deal with. The boy took his goal well. O'Hanlon had a split second to decide to stay on his feet or try to make the block. The boy dummied him but if he'd shot as he was shaping up to do, and O'Hanlon didn't try to block it we'd have been raging.

Bottom line is that if Hanlon had cleared his lines properly a few seconds earlier then we wouldn't even have had that situation to defend.

As for the second goal, credit is due to Robertson who took two terrific touches. I'm not sure many defenders would have been able to deal with that.

HH81
08-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Well go off his feet inside the box though? If he hadn't of missed the guy he would have most likely given away a pen.

Heckys Wheel
08-01-2012, 09:58 AM
I think the criticism for O'Hanlon, particularly for the first goal, is harsh. His center half partner fluffed a clearance right to Cameron who played the ball towards one of two players O'Hanlon was left to deal with. The boy took his goal well. O'Hanlon had a split second to decide to stay on his feet or try to make the block. The boy dummied him but if he'd shot as he was shaping up to do, and O'Hanlon didn't try to block it we'd have been raging.

Bottom line is that if Hanlon had cleared his lines properly a few seconds earlier then we wouldn't even have had that situation to defend.

As for the second goal, credit is due to Robertson who took two terrific touches. I'm not sure many defenders would have been able to deal with that.

I'm not buying that he was outclassed by the strikers.

He's 2 yards off both players. Staying touch tight to a striker is what a premier league class defender would be doing and is the difference between clean sheets and a battle against teams like Cowdenbeath. Both good finishes but neither should be getting the time they did.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 10:00 AM
I think the criticism for O'Hanlon, particularly for the first goal, is harsh. His center half partner fluffed a clearance right to Cameron who played the ball towards one of two players O'Hanlon was left to deal with. The boy took his goal well. O'Hanlon had a split second to decide to stay on his feet or try to make the block. The boy dummied him but if he'd shot as he was shaping up to do, and O'Hanlon didn't try to block it we'd have been raging.Bottom line is that if Hanlon had cleared his lines properly a few seconds earlier then we wouldn't even have had that situation to defend.

You are defending the indefensible. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of negativity here and I am delighted we are through, but we defended like saps yesterday. First goal. O'Hanlon sold himself, the boy made him look like a mug. At the second he looked every inch the bottler he appears to be. I'm sure a commanding centre half would have dealt with it. He deals with **** all week in week out.

Nobody on here can surely be happy with our back 4 yesterday? Better finishing by the opposition - we are oot!

easty
08-01-2012, 10:03 AM
He didn't have to go off his feet for the first goal. He dived in like a 10 year old schoolboy would. It was a very poor decision.

Blaming Hanlon is ridiculous.

matty_f
08-01-2012, 10:11 AM
He didn't have to go off his feet for the first goal. He dived in like a 10 year old schoolboy would. It was a very poor decision.

Blaming Hanlon is ridiculous.
O'Hanlon didn't cover himself in glory for the first goal but if Hanlon did his job properly a couple of seconds before then O'Hanlon wouldn't have had a situation to deal with. Watch the replay, Hanlon has time and space to deal with the ball but he sclaffed it right to Cameron who played it into the space that Hanlon had left.

Our defence is gash. Our goals against column shows that, but I do think that O'Hanlon was in a no-win situation for the first goal.

TheMentalHibees
08-01-2012, 10:35 AM
He's so slow he makes Davie Wier look like he has a turn of pace. His second touch is a tackle, and he absolutely loves a big hump up the park. Watching him get beaten (along with a fair few other hibs players mind) by a throw into to the box, and then get beaten by andy webster to the ball, makes me wonder just what calderwood saw in him.

Bayern Bru
08-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Pretty sure the reason Hanlon makes mistakes/looks iffy is down to having to play alongside O'Hanlon and s***ting it every time he goes rampaging after the ball. Other players have had to cover for less able players in the team and it looks like Hanlon is doing the same but naturally struggling.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm not buying that Either. Ohanlon Dove in Like an amateur. He's An awful player! Another Hopeless signing.

matty_f
08-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Pretty sure the reason Hanlon makes mistakes/looks iffy is down to having to play alongside O'Hanlon and s***ting it every time he goes rampaging after the ball. Other players have had to cover for less able players in the team and it looks like Hanlon is doing the same but naturally struggling.

I'm sorry, but O'Hanlon had nowt to do with Hanlon sclaffing a clearance in the first ten seconds of the game!

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm sorry, but O'Hanlon had nowt to do with Hanlon sclaffing a clearance in the first ten seconds of the game!

Exactly. Just as Hanlon had nothing to do with the way Ohanlon fell on his erse. Perhaps it was all down to sproule losing the toss?

DC_Hibs
08-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Why can't the two of them both take some blame?

It's like the borefest debates over Calderwood and Hughes....baith were gash.

Here to help.

Posh Swanny
08-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Fenlon will be having words with the entire defence about the second goal! The boy took it well and made O'Hanlon look like a mug, but he punted the ball ten yards into the air about 8 yards from goal and could have controlled it again had he wanted to.

gobragh1875
08-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Total cookie white no more no less get him ta donald duck asap

matty_f
08-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Exactly. Just as Hanlon had nothing to do with the way Ohanlon fell on his erse. Perhaps it was all down to sproule losing the toss?

Very droll. :greengrin

I've already said O'Hanlon didn't cover himself in glory but he wouldn't have been in that position at all if Hanlon had cleared it properly. Neither player was entirely blameless at the goal which was my point.

smurf
08-01-2012, 11:59 AM
The pathetic clearance from Hanlon... the schoolboy defending from O'Hanlon that results in a goal conceded a few seconds from kick off.... all too typical of our defending all season.

O'Hanlon is a very poor player and the players being partnered with Hanlon is seriously denting his development.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2012, 12:07 PM

I've already said O'Hanlon didn't cover himself in glory but he wouldn't have been in that position at all if Hanlon had cleared it properly. Neither player was entirely blameless at the goal which was my point.

:greengrin Matty we are a poor side, with poor defenders and poor midfielders. We can only pass the buck so many times imo. Hart was pish when he arrived, had one good game at blackpool but is never good enough.

O'Hanlon has been poor ever since he arrived bar a couple of ok games.

Hanlon has been poor for a while, he's been dropped, played left back and right back but generally been average at best. And has been like that because he's not being played beside someone who's a better central defender, a leader general type?

Booth looked very good when he first came on the scene, has made some awful mistakes but imo does have ability and i hate using this word, but hopefully will come good again.

Our back 4 with Stephens (who i think will come good) have been responsible for some of the worst defending i can remember as a Hibby. Whatever combination we play, is just not upto SPL standards, especially the SPL standard Hibs aspire to.

Fenlon needs to address this problem, a right back a centre half maybe even 2, plus 2 wide midfielders a central midfielder and another forward are vital if we are to be a club who fights for a european place imo.

Bayern Bru
08-01-2012, 12:42 PM

Fair enough. But twice, O'Hanlon committed himself when he should have done better, both leading to goals.
But yes, Hanlon's clearance was pish. Although if we're getting to that maybe we should blame the midfield, and the pitch and...

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Fair enough. But twice, O'Hanlon committed himself when he should have done better, both leading to goals.
But yes, Hanlon's clearance was pish. Although if we're getting to that maybe we should blame the midfield, and the pitch and...

:greengrin

I wouldnt blame O'Hanlon for the 2nd goal, sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition, and the lad took that goal very well.

He's still pish.

Eyrie
08-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Regardless of how Cowdenbeath got the ball for the first, O'Hanlon should have done better at dealing with Cameron's pass.

At the second, he was out of position which enabled their player to get the ball.

Can't be out of here soon enough.

SMAXXA
08-01-2012, 01:04 PM
I dont rate SO and im pretty baffled why big Stephens has been dropped, he was one of our better players. I have said it before I know but I think the big lads been our best CH recently

500miles
08-01-2012, 01:06 PM
First goal, O'Hanlon makes the mistake. Second goal, however, I think was a lovely bit of football, and the sort of thing which any centre half is just there to be made to look stupid for. It's the sort of goal we watch football to see.

500miles
08-01-2012, 01:07 PM
First goal, O'Hanlon makes the mistake. Second goal, however, I think was a lovely bit of football, and the sort of thing which any centre half is just there to be made to look stupid for. It's the sort of goal we watch football to see, and very difficult to defend against.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 01:20 PM

That wasn't your point at all. Look at the 'bottom line' of your post.
Hanlon to blame for O'Hanlon selling himself like the clot he is?

SMAXXA
08-01-2012, 01:26 PM

I agree with Matty though Hanlon made an erch of the clearance and IMO was as much at fault as O'Hanlon

matty_f
08-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Yes it was. You need to read the whole post rather than extracting one part of it. My point was that the criticism of O'Hanlon was harsh and that he shouldn't have had the situation to deal with in the first place.

I've said he wasn't blameless.

Beefster
08-01-2012, 01:35 PM
O'Hanlon was in the PFA Team of the Year (or something similar) around the time that Calderwood worked down there. His signing might be due to a lack of scouting at Hibs as much as it's Calderwood's fault.

To be honest, the fact that he was released by MK Dons should have been enough of a red flag.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 01:38 PM
You are defending the indefensible. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of negativity here and I am delighted we are through, but we defended like saps yesterday. First goal. O'Hanlon sold himself, the boy made him look like a mug. At the second he looked every inch the bottler he appears to be. I'm sure a commanding centre half would have dealt with it. He deals with **** all week in week out.

Nobody on here can surely be happy with our back 4 yesterday? Better finishing by the opposition - we are oot!

Yes it was. You need to read the whole post rather than extracting one part of it. My point was that the criticism of O'Hanlon was harsh and that he shouldn't have had the situation to deal with in the first place.

I've said he wasn't blameless.

Not to start with you didn't.
If you read my post #14 you'll see I have already read your full post so behave yersel.

He was made to look an erse and your 'bottom line' blames Hanlon. You've backtracked in subsequent posts right enough, I'll give you that.

He cost us at least one goal yesterday and was fortunate not to cost us the game as he is utter, utter *****.

matty_f
08-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Not to start with you didn't.
If you read my post #14 you'll see I have already read your full post so behave yersel.

He was made to look an erse and your 'bottom line' blames Hanlon. You've backtracked in subsequent posts right enough, I'll give you that.

He cost us at least one goal yesterday and was fortunate not to cost us the game as he is utter, utter *****.

Behave yersel, erm yersel'!:na na:

I stand by my 'bottom line' - are you saying it's wrong? It doesn't absolve O'Hanlon of blame though, but he wasn't the sole culprit for the goal.

As for backtracking - away ye go! It's not backtracking to accept that he should have done better at the goal, of course he should have, however the blame for the first goal doesn't lie solely at O'Hanlon's feet.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Behave yersel, erm yersel'!:na na:

I stand by my 'bottom line' - are you saying it's wrong? It doesn't absolve O'Hanlon of blame though, but he wasn't the sole culprit for the goal.

As for backtracking - away ye go! It's not backtracking to accept that he should have done better at the goal, of course he should have, however the blame for the first goal doesn't lie solely at O'Hanlon's feet.

Yes and on a few occasions already.
Please show me on your post #2 where you have blamed O'Hanlon for his part in the goal.
Your bottom line blames Hanlon.
You've backtracked since then as other posters have pointed out that you were being a bit daft.
And you were being a bit daft.

matty_f
08-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Yes and on a few occasions already.
Please show me on your post #2 where you have blamed O'Hanlon for his part in the goal.
Your bottom line blames Hanlon.
You've backtracked since then as other posters have pointed out that you were being a bit daft.
And you were being a bit daft.

It is wrong to say that if Hanlon had cleared his lines then O'Hanlon wouldn't have had that situation to deal with? How?

There is no part in post 2 that blames O'Hanlon for the goal. The point was that it was harsh hammering O'Hanlon for the goal when Hanlon's mistake put him in bother in the first place.

BS44
08-01-2012, 02:14 PM
I wouldnt blame O'Hanlon for the 2nd goal, sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition, and the lad took that goal very well.

He's still pish.

No one is giving the guy any credit for the first goal, it's all O'Hanlon's fault. He got suckered and looked a mug but the Cowdenbeath
player took two cracking touches before scoring.

I'm defo in the minority but I don't think O'Hanlon is that bad a player. But I was in the Ed de Graaf fan club till the sorry end. :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
08-01-2012, 02:17 PM
I'd like to know how many points he's cost Hibs.

Seveno
08-01-2012, 02:17 PM
I think that O'Hanlon is useless but had a decent game overal and won most of the balls in the air. As with Hart though, I think they looked better as they were playing at the right level.

I'm hoping that the win will give a boost in confidence for all of them though.

LeithBoozy
08-01-2012, 02:23 PM
I must admit I thought both goals from the Blue Brazil were very well taken, certainly I would have been fair chuffed if we had scored them. :wink:

Hibiza
08-01-2012, 02:39 PM
He's a shocker quickly followed by Micheal Hart. Anyone notice how we "trudged" on to Central Park , all heads down and that was the start of the match.
We need a captain.

3pm
08-01-2012, 02:57 PM
He's not the best.

He can't jump and has no pace. I actually thought he might have been C-3PO's twin. Has anyone got a picture they can put up?

Dinkydoo
08-01-2012, 03:11 PM
He's not the best.

He can't jump and has no pace. I actually thought he might have been C-3PO's twin. Has anyone got a picture they can put up?

http://img.tapatalk.com/56988f04-b257-968f.jpg

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 04:02 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/56988f04-b257-968f.jpgI think of the two that twin has the better pace & mobility. :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
08-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Hes awful, one of the worst defenders Ive ever seen. Dont know what Calderwood saw in him but he offers nothing apart from causing chaos in our defence. The sooner hes out of the team and we have a proper CB in, the better!

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 04:11 PM
It is wrong to say that if Hanlon had cleared his lines then O'Hanlon wouldn't have had that situation to deal with? How?

There is no part in post 2 that blames O'Hanlon for the goal. The point was that it was harsh hammering O'Hanlon for the goal when Hanlon's mistake put him in bother in the first place.

Alright then, show me in post 2 where you at least apportion the culpability? You blamed Hanlon. Full stop. "Bottom line".
Hanlon's poor clearance exposed O'Hanlon for the lumbering fool that he is? That better?

capi
08-01-2012, 04:26 PM

no he ain't

oops! yes he is

CMac1988
08-01-2012, 04:27 PM
He's not the best.

He kind of resembles a bald Tim Minchin.

matty_f
08-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Alright then, show me in post 2 where you at least apportion the culpability? You blamed Hanlon. Full stop. "Bottom line".
Hanlon's poor clearance exposed O'Hanlon for the lumbering fool that he is? That better?
And does it have to be one or the other? Hanlon or O'Hanlon? Hanlon's poor clearance left O'Hanlon exposed and he didn't deal with it. I said that the criticism was harsh and he wouldn't have been in that position had Hanlon dealt with the clearance properly. I'm not sure why this is causing such a problem for you.

Would O'Hanlon have been in that situation if Hanlon had cleared the ball properly?

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 04:33 PM
And does it have to be one or the other? Hanlon or O'Hanlon? Hanlon's poor clearance left O'Hanlon exposed and he didn't deal with it. I said that the criticism was harsh and he wouldn't have been in that position had Hanlon dealt with the clearance properly. I'm not sure why this is causing such a problem for you. Would O'Hanlon have been in that situation if Hanlon had cleared the ball properly?

My problem lies with Paul Hanlon being ultimately blamed in your post ("bottom line") for the first Cowdenbeath goal when a man with no eyes would see that O'Hanlon fell on his erse like the mug that he is.
You made it one or the other. No one else.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2012, 04:36 PM
And does it have to be one or the other? Hanlon or O'Hanlon? Hanlon's poor clearance left O'Hanlon exposed and he didn't deal with it. I said that the criticism was harsh and he wouldn't have been in that position had Hanlon dealt with the clearance properly. I'm not sure why this is causing such a problem for you.

Would O'Hanlon have been in that situation if Hanlon had cleared the ball properly?

I wouldnt say O'hanlon was left expossed by Hanlons poor clearance. I'd say being turned inside out and falling on his erse exposed Brown though. :wink:

Chris Hogg used to defend like that week in week out, he was for ever being turned and letting his player get a shot on target too easily. Good defenders stay on their feet and block the ball, irrespective of whats happened previously, O'hanlon did not and i hope he's out of this team as soon as possible.

Famous Fiver
08-01-2012, 04:37 PM
First goal was a handball by the guy who scored.
End of.

matty_f
08-01-2012, 04:37 PM
My problem lies with Paul Hanlon being ultimately blamed in your post ("bottom line") for the first Cowdenbeath goal when a man with no eyes would see that O'Hanlon fell on his erse like the mug that he is.

No I didn't. I said the criticism was harsh and that if Hanlon had cleared it properly O'Hanlon wouldn't have been in that situation. I stand by that.

What a banal point we are arguing over! :confused:

PeterboroHibee
08-01-2012, 04:40 PM

So true, regardless of Hanlons clearout, the so called 'experienced' CB shouldnt be falling over in his own box like that. Stay on your feet and it limits what the striker can do. Honestly couldnt believe it when I saw it, shocking defending.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 04:40 PM
No I didn't. I said the criticism was harsh and that if Hanlon had cleared it properly O'Hanlon wouldn't have been in that situation. I stand by that.

What a banal point we are arguing over! :confused:

Eh? The banality started on post # 2 surely?

matty_f
08-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Eh? The banality started on post # 2 surely?

:aok: aye, whatever.

capi
08-01-2012, 04:47 PM

anyone know why he's suspended?

The SFA site says he is, but according to the Hibs programme and all match reports, he's only been booked four times.:confused:

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 04:49 PM
:aok: aye, whatever.

Is that your best shot at the debate?
I see what your Avatar gets at now.

matty_f
08-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Is that your best shot at the debate?
I see what your Avatar gets at now.

Well, I don't really see that there's much more to add. We're arguing what is (to me) a ridiculous point. You think I'm wrong, I think you're wrong, then you chucked post number 2 into the mix:

I have to say I gave up at that point.

greenlex
08-01-2012, 04:55 PM
anyone know why he's suspended?

The SFA site says he is, but according to the Hibs programme and all match reports, he's only been booked four times.:confused:
To give us a chance I think.:greengrin

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 05:06 PM

Bottom line is that if Hanlon had cleared his lines properly a few seconds earlier then we wouldn't even have had that situation to defend.As for the second goal, credit is due to Robertson who took two terrific touches. I'm not sure many defenders would have been able to deal with that.

Well, I don't really see that there's much more to add. We're arguing what is (to me) a ridiculous point. You think I'm wrong, I think you're wrong, then you chucked post number 2 into the mix:

I have to say I gave up at that point.

Post No 11 was my intended reference, and I think you knew that, but apologies for my mistake.
I've added it here again - maybe you can demonstrate where this shared culpability is outlined in your original bottom line view........

matty_f
08-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Post No 11 was my intended reference, and I think you knew that, but apologies for my mistake.
I've added it here again - maybe you can demonstrate where this shared culpability is outlined in your original bottom line view........

You're desperately hanging onto this 'bottom line' phrase. Well done.

I think I've shown clearly in subsequent posts that I don't think O'Hanlon is blameless,and just because I didn't specifically blame him in one post doesn't mean that by definition I'm absolving him of all blame. It's really not that difficult a concept to grasp.:rolleyes:

However, the fact (and I use the word 'fact' in as much as it can be used in what becomes a hypothetical situation) is that if Hanlon put that ball out of play or found another Hibs player with his clearance, or even managed to clear it past the player who passed directly to the goalscorer, then O'Hanlon would not have been in that specific situation.

Do you disagree with that point?

I appreciate the lengths that you're going to explain to me what I meant with my post, but there's really no need.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 05:54 PM
You're desperately hanging onto this 'bottom line' phrase. Well done.

I think I've shown clearly in subsequent posts that I don't think O'Hanlon is blameless,and just because I didn't specifically blame him in one post doesn't mean that by definition I'm absolving him of all blame. It's really not that difficult a concept to grasp.:rolleyes:

However, the fact (and I use the word 'fact' in as much as it can be used in what becomes a hypothetical situation) is that if Hanlon put that ball out of play or found another Hibs player with his clearance, or even managed to clear it past the player who passed directly to the goalscorer, then O'Hanlon would not have been in that specific situation.

Do you disagree with that point?

I appreciate the lengths that you're going to explain to me what I meant with my post, but there's really no need.

A bit of a BS response when the bottom line statement of your post is the crux of the debate and it's taken you until now to realise this - your use of wee smileys doesn't really hide your siliness or splendid ability to backtrack.
I disagree that Paul Hanlon is to blame for Sean O'Hanlon's ineptitude.
Bottom line.

matty_f
08-01-2012, 05:59 PM
A bit of a BS response when the bottom line statement of your post is the crux of the debate and it's taken you until now to realise this - your use of wee smileys doesn't really hide your siliness or splendid ability to backtrack.
Bottom line.
And you criticised my level of debate...

Way to avoid the question, by the way.

Look, you've made a bit of an erse of it-don't worry, there'll be other threads.

Beefster
08-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Bottom line.

But Hanlon's ineptitude in clearing the ball led to O'Hanlon being put in the situation where his ineptitude cost Hibs a goal.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 06:38 PM
And you criticised my level of debate...

Way to avoid the question, by the way.

Look, you've made a bit of an erse of it-don't worry, there'll be other threads.

Bottom line.

matty_f
08-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Bottom line.

:aok:

SMAXXA
08-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Geeeeeez I left the hoose at 2 this efternoon after reading you two going tit for tat (so tempted to say tit for twat but resisted :greengrin just kiddin lads) and come in and see it was still goin on unitl no that long ago :greengrin

Matty and Ham H that is haha made me chuckle like two fish wives sayin ma washings cleaner than urs, gota love this place eh

:wink:

SouthamptonHibs
08-01-2012, 08:59 PM
O'Hanlon worst center half in the premier league, got ripped apart but Stewart and Robertson in Scotlands 3rd tier! If we keep him at the back we are in for a long season! One decent centrehalf required

Devine
08-01-2012, 09:33 PM
O'Hanlon worst center half in the premier league, got ripped apart but Stewart and Robertson in Scotlands 3rd tier! If we keep him at the back we are in for a long season! One decent centrehalf required

Absolutely correct. We've had a few bad ones recently but he tops the lot an absolute disaster of a centre half, I've never seen a CH get caught under the ball as much as this guy, not even close to being good enough!

crewetollhibee
08-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Cannae believe Colin Deadwood was chasing this guy for ages, he makes Colin Murdoch look like he was a player.

That's what I have been thinking DD. If Calderwood was after this guy for so long, why has O'Hanlon not followed his admirer down to Birmingham ?

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 09:43 PM
That's what I have been thinking DD. If Calderwood was after this guy for so long, why has O'Hanlon not followed his admirer down to Birmingham ?Probably because once he got him he realised he was actually........

LeithBoozy
08-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Aye Colin has a good eye for a player alright, keeps O'hanlon aqnd gives Vaz T the bullet.

Green Cabbage 7
08-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Why is O'Hanlon getting all the blame! I actually think it's the players that were already here that are the problem at the back! O'hanlon just looks like the one defending wrong because he is trying to cover all the holes left by his fellow defenders!

HibbyAndy
08-01-2012, 09:58 PM

Spot on.

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Spot on.In your opinion :wink:

HibbyAndy
08-01-2012, 10:02 PM
In your opinion :wink:

And its worth mare than yours :hilarious

:greengrin Kiddin

Sammy7nil
08-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Why is O'Hanlon getting all the blame! I actually think it's the players that were already here that are the problem at the back! O'hanlon just looks like the one defending wrong because he is trying to cover all the holes left by his fellow defenders!

That could be right and I hope it is because that can be fixed. He does however have a habit of being at the heart of all our conceded goals.

What I would say is he does not hide and does appear to try.

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 10:03 PM
And its worth mare than yours :hilarious

:greengrin Kiddinworth about as much as the sweetie shop man's :agree:

HibbyKeith
08-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Paul Hanlon's clearance was shocking, O'hanlon was done like a kipper twice, but hibs are in the hat for the next round. bottom line :greengrin

our defence really is brutal though, just have to keep everything crossed that we can strengthen in this window.

Green Cabbage 7
08-01-2012, 10:20 PM
That could be right and I hope it is because that can be fixed. He does however have a habit of being at the heart of all our conceded goals.

What I would say is he does not hide and does appear to try.

I think he is there because he is trying hard to get there! So yes your right he ain't hiding maybe another good centre half beside him hopefullyas on another thread mcpake turns out to be that player and does sign for us!