PDA

View Full Version : Michael Hart

SteveHFC
07-01-2012, 11:57 PM
I thought he had a good game today :aok:

IWasThere2016
08-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Best I've seen from him - but finished and we need better IMO.

basehibby
08-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Nice assist at Doyles goal :agree:

Pretty Boy
08-01-2012, 06:03 AM
Played well today but maybe that's because the opposition were about his level.

spike220
08-01-2012, 07:27 AM
I think we saw a side to Hart we have not seen before, he certainly looked good going forward. Perhaps PF & co and bringing out a bit more from him. We are far to quick to write off players IMHO.

GGTTH

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 08:48 AM
I think we saw a side to Hart we have not seen before, he certainly looked good going forward. Perhaps PF & co and bringing out a bit more from him. We are far to quick to write off players IMHO.

GGTTHI'd be more inclined tae agree with the post above yours TBH.

BEEJ
08-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Cowdenbeath had an excellent chance to equalise late on - the guy Robertson who scored their second.

In the BBC highlights check out Hart's appalling defensive header in the lead up to that opening.

:rolleyes:

Bear in mind that Hart is meant to be one of the senior members of our squad who brings bags of experience and composure to the side.

mim
08-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Hart runs like a pregnant duck. :wink:

Reaper
08-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Cowdenbeath had an excellent chance to equalise late on - the guy Robertson who scored their second.

In the BBC highlights check out Hart's appalling defensive header in the lead up to that opening.

:rolleyes:

Bear in mind that Hart is meant to be one of the senior members of our squad who brings bags of experience and composure to the side.

Fist thing I noticed certainly!

hibbymark
08-01-2012, 09:37 AM
I think Micheal Harts game was all about pace when he was at Aberdeen and I think his legs have gone. He totally panics every time he gets the ball

is totally hopeless positionally and for me didnt shine even at that level yesterday. Add to that he pulls his shorts up to just below his moobs

and looks like a inmate from Carstairs!! :wink:

Bayern Bru
08-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Telling signs that Hart and Galbraith made our 2nd and 3rd goals against a 2nd div side but the rest of the time were largely ineffectual. (Galbraith's corners for a start). Before someone jumps on my back here, I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that we should have players who can make goals but also contribute more than "running around a bit."

I don't dislike the two at all, just feel they're not quite what we need.

Albion Hibs
08-01-2012, 10:38 AM
I would agree with the OP, I thought Hart was good yesterday, I also thought he was decent against Dundee Utd.

I thought a couple of things were telling yesterday, when was the last time we had a full back that got himself up and down the pitch and provided a ball that resulted in a goal? I also thought it was very evident that Cowdenbeath's tactics where like many teams we have played this season, send everything at Booth and the left sided centre half, I hart was that bad they would probably spend the game targeting him.

The "he found his level" just makes whoever writes it sound stupid. If he was decent enough to have found his level yesterday, then if others were worse than him surely there level is below even that.

SMAXXA
08-01-2012, 11:45 AM
I would agree with the OP, I thought Hart was good yesterday, I also thought he was decent against Dundee Utd.

I thought a couple of things were telling yesterday, when was the last time we had a full back that got himself up and down the pitch and provided a ball that resulted in a goal? I also thought it was very evident that Cowdenbeath's tactics where like many teams we have played this season, send everything at Booth and the left sided centre half, I hart was that bad they would probably spend the game targeting him.

The "he found his level" just makes whoever writes it sound stupid. If he was decent enough to have found his level yesterday, then if others were worse than him surely there level is below even that.

I thought he was terrible against UTD, passes straight across his box to thier player and other hopeless passes that went straight to them and the icing on the cake when he took a throw in down the line next to the dug out that didnt even come into the pitch. Evrytime I have seen him at games on TV he has been hopeless and I dont rate hit at all.

Fair play to him though if he done well yesterday, I would love nothing more for him to turn his career at Hibs around but if he was good yesterday, for me as the saying goes "One swallow doesnt make a summer".

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Nothing against Hart, but like Ian Murray, injuries and aging mean that he is simply past playing effectively in the SPL.

Get rid.

We're a football club not a rest home for old crocks.

Bayern Bru
08-01-2012, 11:50 AM

Hanlon for a start. Scott Smith v Berwick, IIRC. Boothy's managed it. Wotherspoon, if we can overlook the fact he's a midfield. All have contributed to goals in the past season or so, either through scoring themselves or putting in crosses/through balls etc.

It's also pretty difficult to target the right back when he's still in the opposition half from our last attack. I also assume you're forgetting/choosing to ignore the games where Hart has pretty much been responsible for the goals we conceded? E.g. Rangers (x2), and Dundee Utd! I know he's not the only player who gives goals away but he's been guilty of a few recently.

I know it's all about opinion, and I respect that you think Hart is very good, and I don't, and we'll have to agree to disagree.

We don't have any obvious replacements for a natural RB in the team at the moment though, I'll give you that.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Nothing against Hart, but like Ian Murray, injuries and aging mean that he is simply past playing effectively in the SPL.

Get rid.

:agree: Too many folk seem happy with mediocrity. :confused:

SMAXXA
08-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Hanlon for a start. Scott Smith v Berwick, IIRC. Boothy's managed it. Wotherspoon, if we can overlook the fact he's a midfield. All have contributed to goals in the past season or so, either through scoring themselves or putting in crosses/through balls etc.

It's also pretty difficult to target the right back when he's still in the opposition half from our last attack. I also assume you're forgetting/choosing to ignore the games where Hart has pretty much been responsible for the goals we conceded? E.g. Rangers (x2), and Dundee Utd! I know he's not the only player who gives goals away but he's been guilty of a few recently.

I know it's all about opinion, and I respect that you think Hart is very good, and I don't, and we'll have to agree to disagree.

We don't have any obvious replacements for a natural RB in the team at the moment though, I'll give you that.

When and how often cause im struggling with this one, Hanlons a long ball merchant from what ive seen from him this season.

SMAXXA
08-01-2012, 11:55 AM

Agree entierly :agree:

Bristolhibby
08-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Hart runs like a pregnant duck. :wink:

Can a duck be pregnant? Do they not just lay an egg.

I suppose they are pregnant untill they lay the fertilised egg. Probably only for a day at most though.

J

hibsbollah
08-01-2012, 12:07 PM
He set up the goal, but as has been mentioned his appaling mistake led to a goal for them. The only good performance ive seen from him was the 45 minutes at Fir Park. Not good enough.

Albion Hibs
08-01-2012, 02:56 PM

Scott Smith the guy who is deemed not ready at this stage and as a result been sent out on loan again, I do think he will become a player for us, but not against dunfermline next week and not this season. I cant remember many occasions over the past few weeks that hanlon got forward and put a ball into the box that resulted in a goal / assist for him, when was this? Booth as per the rest of my post was a target for yesterdays opposition and many others, I think he has a good delivery and can get forward but defensivly he costs us everytime he plays. Wotherspoon can be good at RB, and has been last season. So far this season everytime he plays at right back he costs us goals and again make little impact going forward at the moment.

I want to see a right back playing at right back, whether it is hart of towell does not bother me. But playing players out of position is costing us both at the back and slowing us / stopping us going forward which is making life a lot easier for our opposition.

Like you I am more than happy to agree to disagree, but there are not many of our back four that can claim an assist at any level. He deserves a start next week IMO.

BEEJ
08-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Scott Smith the guy who is deemed not ready at this stage and as a result been sent out on loan again, I do think he will become a player for us, but not against dunfermline next week and not this season.
When was this announced?

He's just back from his first loan spell at Brechin City. Where is he for this new loan spell?

Love the Green
08-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Played well today but maybe that's because the opposition were about his level.

So what does that say about the rest of the team, what is their level Edinburgh Amatuers?

"keep the faith"

DAVE1875
08-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Probably been his best performance since his Hibs SPL debut against Rangers last season, was really good in that game until he got injured

Holmesdale Hibs
08-01-2012, 04:29 PM

Get rid.

Agree with you on Hart but I think Murray could play another season although it would be as no more than a squad player.

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2012, 06:18 PM

That would be a step up, frankly. If they want mediocrity there's a season ticket at the PBS with their name on it. The problem is that too many people seem happy with utter Tom Kite.

Thankfully Fenlon isn't one of them and I'm confident that he'll sort things out, but he's got a lot of keech to get rid off first.

Hibiza
09-01-2012, 04:20 PM
aerially inept, overweight, one footed, slow, overpaid , other than that he's ok.

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2012, 04:34 PM
aerially inept, overweight, one footed, slow, overpaid , other than that he's ok.

The number of times he has to manouvre his body to get ball onto right foot is incredible....Not the answer at full back for me.......

lucky
09-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Hart did alright on Saturday but he is limited. Interesting that whilst he gets rightly criticied for a poor header which led to the 2 goal Hanlons poor clearance caused the first but he does not attract the same criticism. Was told today that Taggert has done very well at right back for Stranraer during his loan period and is back at ER. They are apparently keen to have him for the rest of the season but surely he is worth a shot at our dodgy right back position

down the slope
09-01-2012, 05:42 PM
What about Hanlons clearance a few minutes into the first half ?, straight to the opposition with no one near him, schoolboy stuff so for me he's no better. We have been here before, we hounded out Van Zanten and he looks world class to what we have now !.

BEEJ
09-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Hart did alright on Saturday but he is limited. Interesting that whilst he gets rightly criticied for a poor header which led to the 2 goal Hanlons poor clearance caused the first but he does not attract the same criticism. Was told today that Taggert has done very well at right back for Stranraer during his loan period and is back at ER. They are apparently keen to have him for the rest of the season but surely he is worth a shot at our dodgy right back position
Well there's a thread about Hart but not one specifically about Hanlon. That might be the reason.

Neverthless if you start a thread on Hanlon I'm sure there will be a few willing to wade in there and list all the errors he made on Saturday, why he's not Hibs class etc etc.

And Hart's poor header was in the lead up to the 'Beath opportunity to equalise at 3-3, which they missed. If there was also one at their second goal ( I don't recall it) then that's at least two howlers he was guilty of in his 90 minutes on Saturday.

I agree on Taggart. If he's not even good enough for our bench as a RB just now then he may not be at ER for much longer. Hopefully though, he'll get his chance.

SteveHFC
21-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Hart was MOTM for me today. Played well :agree:

Andy74
21-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Hart was MOTM for me today. Played well :agree:

Between him and Griffiths. Didn't see the third close enough to see who was at fault though.

I'm_cabbaged
21-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Between him and Griffiths. Didn't see the third close enough to see who was at fault though.

Him, was decent before that though. :rolleyes:

Broken Gnome
21-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Anyone else see when he was caught out for a bouncing ball in the second half, just inside Saints' half, then didn't even try to get back in position? When Mark Brown got the ball about ten seconds later, he was still stood 45 odd yards from goal.

Mikey
21-01-2012, 05:36 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?226181-Francomb-Hart