PDA

View Full Version : Abuse of Fenlon?

Jamesie
07-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Led to believe from people in the main stand that Fenlon was getting it tight from the home fans - the typical anti-Irish nonsense being the general theme from the perpetrators.

Fenlon apparently had a quick word with a Policeman at the end of the game - not aware of what was said though. Charming, at times today did feel like going back in time by 20/30 years, although that's no excuse.

givescotlandfreedom
07-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Was it a fat tosser with a beard and pipe leading the abuse?

MrSmith
08-01-2012, 12:09 AM
got to remember and feel pity for them ... but Cowdenbeath has always been an orange toon! My old fella used to tell of some terrible times he had working doon the pit in that area!

smurf
08-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Shocking to hear this. Disgusts me that in 2012 such small bigoted minds are still about.

sundo1875
08-01-2012, 12:13 AM
There will always be a small minority no matter what year

HibsNutter
08-01-2012, 12:14 AM
From what I've heard these lot are another set of 'mini huns'.

HibsNutter
08-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Shocking to hear this. Disgusts me that in 2012 such small bigoted minds are still about.
:agree:

The Harp Awakes
08-01-2012, 12:16 AM
I remember going to an East Fife v Hibs Scottish Cup tie in the 80s in Methil and seeing more red white and blue scarfs than anything else.

Stand up to the bigots Paddy and take the Hibees to glory:flag:

Sir David Gray
08-01-2012, 12:18 AM
How do you think I felt?

I was sitting amongst them for the full 90 minutes!

Crab apple
08-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Didn't hear this from the terracing (i use the term loosely) but the jamboesque 'all the hibbees are gay' songs were a bit tiresome.

Hibbyradge
08-01-2012, 12:40 AM
How do you think I felt?

I was sitting amongst them for the full 90 minutes!

Why?

Sir David Gray
08-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Why?

That's where the disabled section was.

Despite the fact that I was assured by Hibs before I bought my ticket last week that I would definitely be in the Hibs end. I asked a steward if I could get moved but they said there was no way of me getting access to where the Hibs fans were.

Fortunately the afternoon went by without any incident but it's hardly the point.

They had the audacity to tell me that I was in "hospitality" and that the majority in there would be Hibs fans!

Certainly didn't notice too many and I don't know of too many people who go into hospitality wearing replica strips, club hats and club scarves either!

cabbageandribs1875
08-01-2012, 02:03 AM
i wonder if donald findlay will have a hoarse voice in the morning :hmmm: or if he was just tapping his feet

Hibernia Na Eir
08-01-2012, 10:27 AM
just coincidence that Cowdenbeath started wearing black socks since the bigot took control of them...?

Let the Paddy days begin!!! :)

greenlex
08-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Was it a fat tosser with a beard and pipe leading the abuse?
:greengrin

Gala Foxes
08-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Was sitting in the Hibs bit of the stand, never heard anything that was any worse than you would get at any game

Cowdenbeath got a few extra local people in that don't watch them every week and they follow other clubs, you would expect that when they get their biggest game for 10 years

They were talking on Radio 5 yesterday how many Blackpool supporters go to Fleetwood when Blackpool are playing away

Twa Cairpets
08-01-2012, 10:37 AM
just coincidence that Cowdenbeath started wearing black socks since the bigot took control of them...?

Let the Paddy days begin!!! :)

They had red socks yesterday

Gala Foxes
08-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Can't believe that a wee club from a lower league can upset people

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Can't believe that a wee club from a lower league can upset people

Think that most yams will be thinking that today..

:wink:

I Love Lamp
08-01-2012, 05:26 PM
This is Scotland. That mentality is hardly surprising.

ginger_rice
08-01-2012, 05:38 PM
That's where the disabled section was.

Despite the fact that I was assured by Hibs before I bought my ticket last week that I would definitely be in the Hibs end. I asked a steward if I could get moved but they said there was no way of me getting access to where the Hibs fans were.

Fortunately the afternoon went by without any incident but it's hardly the point.

They had the audacity to tell me that I was in "hospitality" and that the majority in there would be Hibs fans!

Certainly didn't notice too many and I don't know of too many people who go into hospitality wearing replica strips, club hats and club scarves either!

You picked him up wrong FH he said "hostility" :wink:

"Hostility section ya hoor"

Jamesie
12-01-2012, 11:34 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/exclusive-pat-fenlon-irked-by-anti-irish-abuse-but-refuses-to-make-it-an-issue.16440077

surreyhibbie
12-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Given his background as a Catholic playing for a Protestant-based team in Ireland, I am sure he has heard it all before and has developed a thick skin. Probably never gave it a second thought.

Still wrong that he had to listen to it, but as has been said, the knuckle draggers are alive and well in our fair land. Unfortunately.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Given his background as a Catholic playing for a Protestant-based team in Ireland, I am sure he has heard it all before and has developed a thick skin. Probably never gave it a second thought.

Still wrong that he had to listen to it, but as has been said, the knuckle draggers are alive and well in our fair land. Unfortunately.

Always seems to be more prevalent in smaller places as well......

Future17
13-01-2012, 02:48 PM
I see that the Cowdenbeath vice-chairman, Mr John G. Lints, denied the accusations, but has now been contradicted by PF.

I'm assuming that this is the same Mr John G. Lints who owns and operates a law firm on Leith Walk.

Last edited by Baldy Foghorn; Today at 11:17 AM. Reason: Diction issue

Does he not play for Fulham? :wink: