PDA

View Full Version : Who was Griffiths shouting at???

kj79
07-01-2012, 10:01 PM
After his goal (quality strike!)

Watch it a couple of times and as well as his favourite get it up you arm salute he is mouthing off about 'moaning faced *******s'??

Was he getting it tight off our support after earlier miss??:confused::confused:

essexhibee
07-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Think so. Wonder finish for his goal.

Sir David Gray
07-01-2012, 10:09 PM
After his goal (quality strike!)

Watch it a couple of times and as well as his favourite get it up you arm salute he is mouthing off about 'moaning faced *******s'??

Was he getting it tight off our support after earlier miss??:confused::confused:

This was mentioned earlier on another thread by a couple of posters who saw it at the time.

I think he could find that he's in a bit of bother again.

Ozyhibby
07-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Let's face it, he's missed a fair few sitters recently. Great goal today though.

kj79
07-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Bit worrying although not a shock that the some of the players would appear not to hold :pfgwain very high regard.

Unprofessional reaction imo but I'd take abuse every week if keep banging them in :thumbsup:

johnbc70
07-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Was more like "**** you dicks" nice way to speak to the fans.

essexhibee
07-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Definetly said "hows that you moaning faced *******s".

muirhousehibby
07-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Was aimed at one person who gave the whole team it tight all day. Why bother going if all you can do is give the team abuse.

Northernhibee
07-01-2012, 10:20 PM

When we have threads entitled "Rubbish" after Fenlon's first win, I have to say well said Sparky.

Mikey
07-01-2012, 10:21 PM

How were the fans speaking to him?

H1B33 1875
07-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Probably aimed at all the negative fans who scream abuse at the players from the 1st minute. Clearly not helping the players.

matty_f
07-01-2012, 10:25 PM
You only have to look at the match update thread to see how some folk have been venting their anger at Griffiths, so I think he's entitled to a bit of a GIRFUY to them.

I doubt we'd have seen that reaction if folk weren't giving him and the rest of the team it tight so often.:rolleyes:

.Sean.
07-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Was aimed at one person who gave the whole team it tight all day. Why bother going if all you can do is give the team abuse.

Nee Naw Nee Naw. Who are you, the Terrace Police?

Mikey
07-01-2012, 10:31 PM

Maybe that's what we need. A bit of "self policing".

Wotherspiniesta
07-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Definetly said "hows that you moaning faced *******s".

:hilarious

What was the fans answer? :greengrin

sundo1875
07-01-2012, 10:32 PM
He had already showed the fans that they were wrong to shout abuse at him by ramming the ball in the back of the net there was no need for the celebration

Tricla
07-01-2012, 10:36 PM
It doesn't surprise me one iota that one of our players would react like that.

Regardless of the circumstances, if I had to take half the abuse our players get from some sections of our support, I'd want to have a pop back too.

Criticism is one thing but some erchies take it way too far.

And before anyone starts with the 'the players are pish/unfit/don't try/jakeys etc etc so they deserve all they get' garbage, some of the personal abuse I've heard levelled at our players (at ER especially) is utterly embarrassing.

matty_f
07-01-2012, 10:36 PM

Why are you saying nee naw nee naw when he's the police? :dunno:

Signed

The sound effect police.

matty_f
07-01-2012, 10:37 PM
It doesn't surprise me one iota that one of our players would react like that.

Regardless of the circumstances, if I had to take half the abuse our players get from some sections of our support, I'd want to have a pop back too.

Criticism is one thing but some erchies take it way too far.

And before anyone starts with the 'the players are pish/unfit/don't try/jakeys etc etc so they deserve all they get' garbage, some of the personal abuse I've heard levelled at our players (at ER especially) is utterly embarrassing.

:agree:

To be fair, if I'd scored a goal like that for Hibs there's every chance I'd have dropped my kegs and knocked one out there and then, so we probably got off lightly with a wee angry face and arm gesture.:agree:

Frazerbob
07-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Piss poor for three years, 2nd bottom of the SPL, SC exits to Ayr and Ross County, 1 nil down to Cowdenbeath after 16 seconds, no Derby wins in 3 years. I think we've every right to moan!

MrRobot
07-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Looked like he said 'what were you saying you ******ing
********'

Quite right. Cant expect to give him abuse then greet about it when he says something back. Cracking goal.

matty_f
07-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Piss poor for three years, 2nd bottom of the SPL, SC exits to Ayr and Ross County, 1 nil down to Cowdenbeath after 16 seconds, no Derby wins in 3 years. I think we've every right to moan!

And he has every right to give a little back, IMHO.

Frazerbob
07-01-2012, 10:49 PM

If he and his team mates start producing more often and get us out the mess they got us in THEN he has every right to give a little back IMO.

Sir David Gray

He probably does.

However, would you not agree that his gesture was a bit stupid when he's just served a suspension for exactly the same offence?

leither17
Easy Leigh son that's what I want from a striker trying your heart out for the cause and when you miss take the flak when you score give it back support him he will support us

Shrekko
07-01-2012, 10:50 PM

He possibly does but I just think for his sake he'd be better just getting on with it. He reacts to away fans and quite often to Hibs fans and rubbing any fans up the wrong way these days doesn't tend to work out well for players.

He needs to stop this arm-locking thing too... It's so 1980's :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
07-01-2012, 10:50 PM

:agree: some guy started booing after about 5 minutes, to which someone shouted "how the £&@£ is booing going to help?" and more quietly said to his mate "a player is hardly gonna think I really need to play better cos some w&?£3r in the crowd is booing". I found that quite funny.

leither17
07-01-2012, 10:55 PM
He probably does.

However, would you not agree that his gesture was a bit stupid when he's just served a suspension for exactly the same offence?

Maybe but he is a raw talent in all aspects of the game skill and temperament hope he learns it all at ER

Broken Gnome
07-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Worth remembering he may not have planned that (unlikely) and regretted it as soon as the game kicked off again, and really regrets it this evening. We say things in the heat of the moment, so do they.

matty_f
07-01-2012, 10:58 PM
He probably does.

It was as stupid as shouting abuse at someone you're meant to support.

Footballers aren't noted for their brains, some of them are noted for rattling the ball in from 30 yards, and if those are the ones that have wee moments of stupidity then all power to them.

Sir David Gray
07-01-2012, 11:01 PM
It was as stupid as shouting abuse at someone you're meant to support.

Footballers aren't noted for their brains, some of them are noted for rattling the ball in from 30 yards, and if those are the ones that have wee moments of stupidity then all power to them.

Not sure you'll be saying that if the SFA contact Hibs on Monday morning to tell Griffiths that he's been offered another 1 match suspension and he's out for the Dunfermline game.

Especially with O'Connor struggling for fitness.

matty_f
07-01-2012, 11:01 PM
He possibly does but I just think for his sake he'd be better just getting on with it. He reacts to away fans and quite often to Hibs fans and rubbing any fans up the wrong way these days doesn't tend to work out well for players.

He needs to stop this arm-locking thing too... It's so 1980's :greengrin

:agree: Best point that's been made on the subject!:thumbsup:

Football's an emotional game, the team's under huge pressure from the support (and the reasons why have been well covered on here - we've been/we are pish, have been for years and so on and so on) so when he pings the ball in like that, having turned up at the ground with a huge chunk of his own support expecting us to get beat, then to go behind after 16 seconds or so, and get pelters from folk in the crowd (presumably for missing a chance earlier), then a split second emotional response should be forgiven, IMHO.

bighairyfaeleith
07-01-2012, 11:02 PM
aaaaaw are some poor wee fans upset at a nasty footballer answering back to there abuse, hard ****ing luck. Support the team ya *****:agree:

matty_f
07-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Not sure you'll be saying that if the SFA contact Hibs on Monday morning to tell Griffiths that he's been offered another 1 match suspension and he's out for the Dunfermline game.

Wait and see if it happens. I doubt it,and when it doesn't we'll all need to find something else to start wringing our hands about.

FFS, he was getting pelters, scored a belter, and made a wee gesture. Big wows.

brydekirk
07-01-2012, 11:05 PM
aaaaaw are some poor wee fans upset at a nasty footballer answering back to there abuse, hard ****ing luck. Support the team ya *****:agree:
Well said, GIRFUY booboys,

bighairyfaeleith
07-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Wait and see if it happens. I doubt it,and when it doesn't we'll all need to find something else to start wringing our hands about.

big wows, quality, no heard that for years:greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-01-2012, 11:09 PM

Fair enough point. Gesturing at your own fans is probably regarded as the same as doing it to opposing fans. Daft thing to do and something Griffiths has to grow out of.

Liberal Hibby

This.

matty_f
big wows, quality, no heard that for years:greengrin
:thumbsup: It was paying homage to the 80's style gesture!

Sir David Gray
07-01-2012, 11:12 PM

I'm not bothered about his gesture in the slightest. For all I care, he can streak the full length of the pitch if he's going to score goals like that every week.

I actually don't think he will be charged this time. After the Rangers incident, there were a lot of politics at play, I feel, as it came right after the Aluko decision and his gesture was in all the tabloid papers the next day and they were effectively putting pressure on the authorities to charge him.

I don't think there will be anything like the same amount of scrutiny this time around.

I'm just saying that it probably wasn't the wisest decision he's ever made, given his previous with this kind of thing.

Sir David Gray
07-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Fair enough point. Gesturing at your own fans is probably regarded as the same as doing it to opposing fans. Daft thing to do and something Griffiths has to grow out of.

It will be.

It's classed as an "offensive gesture" and it's irrelevant who you're aiming it at.

Just like if a player starts fighting with another player on the pitch, he'll be sent off regardless of whether it's an opponent or a team mate.

BroxburnHibee
07-01-2012, 11:17 PM
If the fans are gonna dish it out then be prepared to take it back :greengrin

Great goal Lee - keep em coming :thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
07-01-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm not bothered about his gesture in the slightest. For all I care, he can streak the full length of the pitch if he's going to score goals like that every week.

I actually don't think he will be charged this time. After the Rangers incident, there were a lot of politics at play, I feel, as it came right after the Aluko decision and his gesture was in all the tabloid papers the next day and they were effectively putting pressure on the authorities to charge him.

I don't think there will be anything like the same amount of scrutiny this time around.

I'm just saying that it probably wasn't the wisest decision he's ever made, given his previous with this kind of thing.

He is showing fight and passion which right now is far more important than a one game suspension in my opinion.

Frazerbob
07-01-2012, 11:21 PM
If the fans are gonna dish it out then be prepared to take it back :greengrin

Great goal Lee - keep em coming :thumbsup:

What about those who don't dish it out.........ie the vast majority!?

incidentally, I didn't hear any abuse until they scored to make it 3-2 so not convinced the reaction was due to today's support.

bighairyfaeleith
07-01-2012, 11:23 PM
What about those who don't dish it out.........ie the vast majority!?

incidentally, I didn't hear any abuse until they scored to make it 3-2 so not convinced there reaction wad due to today's support.

It's clearly not aimed at you so move on. Jesus you would think we got beat today.

Saorsa
07-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Was more like "**** you dicks" nice way to speak to the fans.well if they can give it out.....

Northernhibee
08-01-2012, 12:09 AM

Nah, answer his question. Why would someone go just to shout abuse at their own team for 90 minutes.

Jack
08-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Wasn't there haven't seen it yet but it sounds as though it was a GIRUY to the boo boys.

Well done LG - - - and the rest of us can sleep soundly in our beds.

basehibby
08-01-2012, 01:07 AM
A bit daft of Leigh and I hope it doesn't get picked up by the authorities - but I know how he feels - I get pissed off every game I go to at the numbskulls who just canny wait for an excuse to start booing at something!

In a way I think Leighs gesture (although I agree it's a bit 80s) speaks for many of the rest of us in shouting

SHUT IT YOU MOANING *******S! :grr:

leither17
08-01-2012, 01:24 AM
A bit daft of Leigh and I hope it doesn't get picked up by the authorities - but I know how he feels - I get pissed off every game I go to at the numbskulls who just canny wait for an excuse to start booing at something!

In a way I think Leighs gesture (although I agree it's a bit 80s) speaks for many of the rest of us in shouting

SHUT IT YOU MOANING *******S! :grr:

This will do for me

The Green Goblin
08-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Saying that Griffiths was right to do what he did presumes that most of the fans deserved it because they were on his back or something. Sorry, but I don't agree with that. There's a good number of fans who pay a lot of money they can't afford who support the team week in week out perfectly well (ie without just booing all the time) who have had precious little return for their loyalty in recent years. Griffiths' outburst would have been aimed at them too. The negativity is way over the top at times, but like it or not, there's a reason for that. It doesn't help things get any better, no, but
things like this do little to help either. I think
Griffiths needs to just cool his jets a bit.

Sammy7nil
08-01-2012, 02:11 AM

Nail on the head x 100
Leigh needs a reality check on his £5k a week

Sammy7nil
08-01-2012, 02:13 AM

Nail on the head x 100
Leigh needs a reality check on his £5k a week

WTF WHY IS THIS NOT POSTING ?

hibiedude
08-01-2012, 07:24 AM

A win yesterday and all the above has not to be talked about encase it upsets the loyalty badge holders.

Reading the papers this morning and we where outplayed in every position' lost a goal in 19 seconds and backs to wall for the last 20 minutes but a wins a win but let's not kid ourselves we weren't playing top opposition and all match stats had us second best.

Kaiser1962
08-01-2012, 07:46 AM

Yip.

If some fans are going to hurl abuse at players all day long then they should'nt whinge like wee girls when the get a very small fraction back.

Same with Hoggy a while back and I recall some arse shouting "I pay your wages" to him then. Helmet.

Kaiser1962
08-01-2012, 07:53 AM
A win yesterday and all the above has not to be talked about encase it upsets the loyalty badge holders.

Reading the papers this morning and we where outplayed in every position' lost a goal in 19 seconds and backs to wall for the last 20 minutes but a wins a win but let's not kid ourselves we weren't playing top opposition and all match stats had us second best.

Accodring to the BBC site we had more shots on target and more corners?

Leith Green
08-01-2012, 08:10 AM
The problem here is that Leigh may very well be annoyed at the shouts of one, two, or however many greeting faced fans, his actions are however directed towards our entire support, a support which has had a quite frankly pathetic excuse of a team for 2/3 seasons now.

Screw the nut son and spare a thought for the rest of the support who continue to follow our club during a time when cash is scarce even before factoring in that times are hard and christmas & new year were just 1/2 weeks ago, never mind the fact that we are watching a really really bad hibs side.

Reactions like the one yesterday will just p1ss more supporters off even further & makes the players attitudes all the more questionable.

I dont like to see personal abuse aimed at players, however it is hard not to get frustrated with the side at this current time, I think the end of the game is a good time to make your voice heard if you arent pleased with the teams performance or manager or whatever..

Matty_Jack04
08-01-2012, 08:14 AM
I can take the abuse from Leigh no problem in fact I like it, it shows he has a bit of fight in him which is what we're crying out for .... Just a pity he's someone else's player and our own don't think the way he does, your not going to stop negativity by saying so on a message board, if all the players can look at Leigh and think well il get it up them too we're on to a winner unfortunately they've decided collectively that they don't like it and there going to shy away instead.

Chuck Rhoades
08-01-2012, 08:49 AM
It was aimed at a section of the terracing for belting out "your just a fat leigh griffiths" to a young lad who looked like him, but heavier, who was pished singing songs about Hearts all bloody day. He looked at the section singing it during the game and obviously though it was about him.

Sylar
08-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Can't blame him one iota - combined effect of abuse from the terraces (generally towards the team, not aimed specifically at him) plus the attitude of some on here (particularly on the thread where he is lambasted as "not good enough" with people "[not caring] if he goes back to Wolves" (as I believe he does read these boards)), he must be helluva frustrated by the team's "supporters" just as much as the supporters are frustrated by the team!

hibiedude
08-01-2012, 09:02 AM
As I said a Wins a win and I'll take that every time but Leighs gesture to some fans might mean another suspension so how does that help our situation.

like most fans I await to see who Pat Fenlon brings in during the transfer window because we are weak all over the park maybe apart from the strikers provided O'Conner stays and Leigh and Doyle make a good pairing.

hibbill2002
08-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Apparently it was aimed at a Sunday Mail reporter.:stirrer:

Wilson
08-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Can't blame him one iota - combined effect of abuse from the terraces (generally towards the team, not aimed specifically at him) plus the attitude of some on here (particularly on the thread where he is lambasted as "not good enough" with people "[not caring] if he goes back to Wolves" (as I believe he does read these boards)), he must be helluva frustrated by the team's "supporters" just as much as the supporters are frustrated by the team!

He should be frustrated at himself. He hasn't been good enough. That is fact. For a player who is supposed to be looking to prove he is capable of breaking in to a Premiership side he just hasn't had the impact you would expect. He hasn't shown the quality. If he thinks the fans are wrong the only way he is going to prove it is with his performances - not the odd goal against lower division opposition and gestures.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2012, 09:51 AM
I thought the players prefer playing away, they don't get moaned at in those games I was told. I'm confused?

Sylar
08-01-2012, 09:52 AM
He should be frustrated at himself. He hasn't been good enough. That is fact. For a player who is supposed to be looking to prove he is capable of breaking in to a Premiership side he just hasn't had the impact you would expect. He hasn't shown the quality. If he thinks the fans are wrong the only way he is going to prove it is with his performances - not the odd goal against lower division opposition and gestures.

There's only so much he can show with the "service" from his midfield. The guy can't do it on his own and when the service has been provided, he scores.

JohnScott
08-01-2012, 10:01 AM

Bang on Hairy! They can dish it out but the sensitive wee souls cannae take it! Reminded me of Ally McCoist when he first joined Rangers. When I asked a bear why they gave him so much abuse. Because he missed more than he scored said he!!

Having witnessed Gordon Rae being pulled back from getting to a fan in the old stand enclosure it proved to me how wound up our players get at abuse from the fans.

If you can't take it from a player who's obviously better than most then perhaps watching the Hibees is not the place for you.

Cabbage1875
08-01-2012, 10:25 AM
There's only so much he can show with the "service" from his midfield. The guy can't do it on his own and when the service has been provided, he scores.

Apart from when he was through 1v1 against Celtic and missed a guilt edged chance against Rangers, at keys points in massive games. He has looked a wee laddie lost for the most part and while I think at times he actuall tries 'too hard' he hasn't shown the quality he really should have so far.

Footballers will happily take the adulation when it comes along, but when things are against them they are all too keen to react like this. Showus what you can do, Leigh, and we will get off your back and that of the team collective.

It hasn't been good enough for far too long now and shows of petulance like this helps nobody in my view. Get your head down and bang the goals in wee man!

Mikey
08-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Apart from when he was through 1v1 against Celtic and missed a guilt edged chance against Rangers, at keys points in massive games. He has looked a wee laddie lost for the most part and while I think at times he actuall tries 'too hard' he hasn't shown the quality he really should have so far.

Footballers will happily take the adulation when it comes along, but when things are against them they are all too keen to react like this. Showus what you can do, Leigh, and we will get off your back and that of the team collective.

It hasn't been good enough for far too long now and shows of petulance like this helps nobody in my view. Get your head down and bang the goals in wee man!

So are you just going to boo him until he plays to an acceptable standard?

hibiedude
08-01-2012, 10:36 AM

Some might say they'll support the team when there's a team to support :agree:

Cabbage1875
08-01-2012, 10:37 AM

Well I personally don't boo the team, I was speaking generally. If the players start pulling their fingers out then the fans will obviously stop the abuse.

silverhibee
08-01-2012, 11:02 AM
You only have to look at the match update thread to see how some folk have been venting their anger at Griffiths, so I think he's entitled to a bit of a GIRFUY to them.

I doubt we'd have seen that reaction if folk weren't giving him and the rest of the team it tight so often.:rolleyes:

C'mon Matty, this is about the third or fourth time he has done this to away and home fans now, the lad needs to grow up, nearly everyone of our players have got plenty of stick on the message boards from us fans, some even worse and they haven't reacted on the pitch, do you remember the stick Nishy got from us on here and at the ground, didn't see him giving the fans a GIRUY at games, as i say Griffiths needs to do a bit growing up or he is going to be sitting in the stand a lot with his stupid gestures as the compliance officer will be on his case each time, and i am sure PF wont be to happy either with his we petulant behaviour, he has missed a few chances over the last few weeks and got a bit of a slating for it on here, big deal, if he cant handle it from the fans then he wont go far in football.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Yes he did, & there was threads on here as well as Nish apologising to fans in the EEN ..

Nish was given the worst abuse i can remember, and i go back to the late 60s. Benny Brazil, Joe Tortolano and others took stick, much more than they deserved, but imo Nish has been the worst. I witnessed someone in the old east stand, get up and jump on the railings lean over and call Nish a ****in useless c. Nish was visibly shaken, i understand why he said what he did.

Griffiths is a silly wee laddie, who needs to keep his mouth shut and get on with doing his best for the team, just as the morons who are giving out the stick need to start backing the team rather than getting on their backs.

This place, the pub/work and other message boards are where any moaning should be done.

HNA6
08-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Nish was given the worst abuse i can remember, and i go back to the late 60s. Benny Brazil, Joe Tortolano and others took stick, much more than they deserved, but imo Nish has been the worst. I witnessed someone in the old east stand, get up and jump on the railings lean over and call Nish a ****in useless c. Nish was visibly shaken, i understand why he said what he did.

Griffiths is a silly wee laddie, who needs to keep his mouth shut and get on with doing his best for the team, just as the morons who are giving out the stick need to start backing the team rather than getting on their backs.

This place, the pub/work and other messhttp://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/174839-nish-apologises-to-hibernian-fans-for-outburst/age boards are where any moaning should be done.Agree wi that G ...funny that it was Nish who had to apologise to the fans though for an outburst ...http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/174839-nish-apologises-to-hibernian-fans-for-outburst/

SMAXXA
08-01-2012, 11:27 AM
I dont have a problem with his reaction, if he was getting constant stick collectivly or from an individual then so what, dish it out so dont be surprised if a player who obviously cares for the club so much so that he has committed himself to us until the end of the season has a go back.

One think that is starting to puzzle me is you read the same posts about giving abuse, they have the right to, have done it all season cause the players arnt pulling theeir weight etc etc, im not saying thats a direct impact on the players performance for a minute but surley it cant help. Its been going on all season, and we have seen the same results on the park and performances, players not wanting the ball, nervous etc, surley sumits gona have to give. We know we are crap, so why go along and allow yourself to get so frustrated and hurrell abuse when in actual fact you know what your gona get even before you go to the game, on most occasions.

I know everyones different and react in different ways and its not for me or the next person to tell someone how to react but I think fans need to try stop the abuse and either say nowt or even better try be vocal in a positive way.

I do realise I will no doubt get some indifferent replys to this but hey ho, and im no happy clapper before anyone starts.

PatHead
08-01-2012, 11:52 AM

I'm glad you can state facts based on the paper and not having been at the game. Yesterday Hibs lost a goal in 16 seconds, took the game by the scruff of the neck for 70 or so minutes. The fans at the game were looking for 5 or 6 when the 3rd went in however we lost a second goal and then panicked a bit towards the end due to lack of confidence. Cowdenbeath only made 4 decent chances in the entire game. But, hey, let the press who have an agenda to big up the wee team let you spout forth a load of bull as facts to you the football expert..

Not wanting to sound like an uberfan just getting peed off at people who weren't at the game telling us what happened. The first 20 minutes of the Match thread says it all.

hibiedude
08-01-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm glad you can state facts based on the paper and not having been at the game. Yesterday Hibs lost a goal in 16 seconds, took the game by the scruff of the neck for 70 or so minutes. The fans at the game were looking for 5 or 6 when the 3rd went in however we lost a second goal and then panicked a bit towards the end due to lack of confidence. Cowdenbeath only made 4 decent chances in the entire game. But, hey, let the press who have an agenda to big up the wee team let you spout forth a load of bull as facts to you the football expert..

Not wanting to sound like an uberfan just getting peed off at people who weren't at the game telling us what happened. The first 20 minutes of the Match thread says it all.

You can peed off with whoever you like mate means nowt to me and I'm not telling you what happened at the game but what I am stating is we are rank rotten and have been for the last 2-3 seasons based on what I've seen.

So the only bull on show is coming from the team, that must be the reason thousands are staying away each week.

You don't need to be a football expert mate to realise we miles away from where we should be so thanks for your input it was interesting HONEST

Beefster
08-01-2012, 12:58 PM
I gave him a six in the Hearts match ratings and said that he can jump really well so it wasn't directed at me, I don't think.

BEEJ
08-01-2012, 12:59 PM
There do seem to be folk who believe that seems to be an effective form of 'motivation'. :confused: Wouldn't work on me, I have to say.

Griffiths has supported the club since he was a boy. That doesn't mean he is beyond criticism. It does mean, however, that he doesn't need to be told when he has missed a golden opportunity or failed to turn in a good performance. He feels it as much as or moreso than the supporters in the ground.

You can see on these occasions the frustation in his reaction and in his body language. He doesn't need to be reminded of the error or have it rubbed in. The frustration is already very evident.

To then have to face emphatic and heartfelt condemnation directed at you by the more hysterical 'supporters' among us is simply rubbing salt in an open wound. Completely unnecessary.

lucky
08-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Not sure Leigh was getting grief yesterday and if he was it was not over the top. He just seemed to be s bit angry and let rip. He does need to grow up.

TowerHibs
08-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Our players aren't passionate enough, players aren't good enough, players aren't fast enough, players don't care bout the club, players dont understand our pain, give youth a chance!

Yet this Scotland u21 international with bags of potential shows this passion - some still get their knickers in a twist! Expectations are crazy

HibsMax
08-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Funny how it's ok to give players abuse but when a player dares to give a spoonful back, it's toys out pram time (for some).

Cabbage1875
08-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Funny how it's ok to give players abuse but when a player dares to give a spoonful back, it's toys out pram time (for some).

I dont think there have been many 'toys out of the pram' here. Just pretty sensible stuff about Leigh having to 'grow up' a bit. A fair point I think.

Kaiser1962
08-01-2012, 02:11 PM

This place, the pub/work and other message boards are where any moaning should be done.

Most competitors, no matter what level, are affected by the crowds either positively or negatively. Anyone who has taken part at a decent level will tell you that it is no different, in fact, the higher the level the more competitive the individual. There are exceptions, of course, but generally speaking folk get hurt by verbal abuse particularly from those that you are expecting to be on your side.

Hiber-nation
08-01-2012, 02:19 PM
If a player is hardly trying a leg then I don't see the problem with him getting a bit of abuse. But you could never say that about Leigh and some of the crap he takes is completely OTT.

Elephant Stone
08-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Whether you can sympathise or not is surely pretty irrelevant, he got banned for doing the exact same gesture a few weeks ago, how stupid can you be? If he gets banned for this I really hope it was worth it for him and those naughty fans shouting bad words were put in their place.

Eyrie
08-01-2012, 03:05 PM
And maybe those naughty fans shouting bad words will think twice next time.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2012, 03:07 PM
If a player is hardly trying a leg then I don't see the problem with him getting a bit of abuse. But you could never say that about Leigh and some of the crap he takes is completely OTT.

I have been watching Hibs for over 40 years, and have yet to see a player hardly trying a leg as you put it? You dont have to run around like John Rankin to be giving your all.

All players are different, and have different attributes, some are great at running around like headless chickens, others are more skillfull but have less of an engine. No player deserves stick playing for Hibs while the game is going on, none.

Mikey
08-01-2012, 03:56 PM
All players are different, and have different attributes, some are great at running around like headless chickens, others are more skillfull but have less of an engine. No player deserves stick playing for Hibs while the game is going on, none.

:top marks

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 04:16 PM
I have been watching Hibs for over 40 years, and have yet to see a player hardly trying a leg as you put it? You dont have to run around like John Rankin to be giving your all.

You missed Ray Wilkins then?

I Love Lamp
08-01-2012, 04:22 PM

Would be pretty unprofessional for players to be reading fans' forums so can't see why what's said on here has any relevance in that sense.

greenlex
08-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Would be pretty unprofessional for players to be reading fans' forums so can't see why what's said on here has any relevance in that sense.
Unprofessional? Behave.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2012, 04:26 PM
You missed Ray Wilkins then?

You know i did, i'd moved away then and missed ever game he never played. :greengrin

Holmesdale Hibs
08-01-2012, 04:37 PM
He needs to stop the gestures at opposition fans. He can GIRFU them by scoring more goals. If he is going to do it then he needs to make sure he doesn't get caught again because it'll be another, probably longer, ban.

It's unprofessional of him to shout at Hibs fans and, while I wouldn't encourage it, I can completely understand why he did it. He's only saying what alot of us say on here - people that shout abuse at our own players should shut the **** up. I hope whoever he was shouting at will take notice.

Saorsa
08-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Would be pretty unprofessional for players to be reading fans' forums so can't see why what's said on here has any relevance in that sense.They'd be better not reading it for sure, but unprofessional? :hilarious

ginger_rice
08-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Part of me thinks if he's that fired up in a game then great, all he needs to do is learn how to channel that properly.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2012, 04:44 PM
They'd be better not reading it for sure, but unprofessional? :hilarious

:agree::agree:

Footballers need to be pretty thick skinned, especially if they read message boards, some rate a player some dont, it always polarises opinion......

Holmesdale Hibs
08-01-2012, 04:51 PM
If my companies clients had a forum discussing what they though of me and my colleagues performance then I would read it. It'd be difficult not to. There must be a few players that post on here as well.

Lang Toun Hibs
08-01-2012, 05:49 PM

Put it like that and I agree it's been bleak but please tell me what good comes of abusing our own team?

Lang Toun Hibs
08-01-2012, 05:56 PM
It will be.

It's classed as an "offensive gesture" and it's irrelevant who you're aiming it at.

Just like if a player starts fighting with another player on the pitch, he'll be sent off regardless of whether it's an opponent or a team mate.

So you can't celebrate a goal now? This was just his way of celebrating a quality goal after being frustrated (and admittedly the source of frustration) for weeks. He's entitled to show his emotion and having just pledged his immediate future to hibs, let's hope for more if the same and that the sfa stick to administering the game and do sfa this time.

Lang Toun Hibs
08-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Oops I appear to be talking to myself. Too much wine, oh dear! Hibees! Hibees! Hibees! Hibees! Hibees!

SouthamptonHibs
08-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Maybe that's what we need. A bit of "self policing".

Any Hibs fan that gets out his bed and travels and pays to watch Hibs at this moment in time deserves a medal not abuse! Some people go and sing, some people shout abuse and some people (most of them) don't say a word all game good or bad...different storkes for different folkes..self policing ha ha what aload of cobblers.........
hibs have been ubber garbage for a couple of years now...our Fans don't sing even when we are winning!(by that i mean more than 100folk), if someone wants to give them pelters then it's up to him or her to do so, it's there right...did i hear there were 2600 and something fans at the game?.....

Mikey
08-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Any Hibs fan that gets out his bed and travels and pays to watch Hibs at this moment in time deserves a medal not abuse! Some people go and sing, some people shout abuse and some people (most of them) don't say a word all game good or bad...different storkes for different folkes..self policing ha ha what aload of cobblers.........
hibs have been ubber garbage for a couple of years now...our Fans don't sing even when we are winning!(by that i mean more than 100folk), if someone wants to give them pelters then it's up to him or her to do so, it's there right...did i hear there were 2600 and something fans at the game?.....

And if someone wants to point out the error of their ways it's their right.

Albion Hibs
08-01-2012, 08:58 PM
:agree: some guy started booing after about 5 minutes, to which someone shouted "how the £&@£ is booing going to help?" and more quietly said to his mate "a player is hardly gonna think I really need to play better cos some w&?£3r in the crowd is booing". I found that quite funny.

You must have been standing pretty close to me then! Heard the guy say the same thing, the ironic thing being some of his other old boy mates just hammered the team for the first half which he seemed to think was okay just because they did not "boo".

I am glad Griffiths did what he did. It is a sign of the times at Hibs, that is how our own players feel about us as fans just now. I wish more of them would do it. Does it surprise me when players leave, no. Why bother, plenty of hassle and a massive lack of support for bang average wages. I have no issue with players that leave hibs anymore.

There is a growing section of our support that needs baby sat, spoken to with a tummy rub and told everything will be all right. How about they do what Griffiths said, and as many above have said - as a club in the long run we will be better off without you.

Sammy7nil
08-01-2012, 09:18 PM
You must have been standing pretty close to me then! Heard the guy say the same thing, the ironic thing being some of his other old boy mates just hammered the team for the first half which he seemed to think was okay just because they did not "boo".

I am glad Griffiths did what he did. It is a sign of the times at Hibs, that is how our own players feel about us as fans just now. I wish more of them would do it. Does it surprise me when players leave, no. Why bother, plenty of hassle and a massive lack of support for bang average wages. I have no issue with players that leave hibs anymore.

There is a growing section of our support that needs baby sat, spoken to with a tummy rub and told everything will be all right. How about they do what Griffiths said, and as many above have said - as a club in the long run we will be better off without you.

Yeah that would help the players abusing the fans when the majority of fans are not at fault.

Leigh Griffiths acted like a petulant child the fact he has just served a ban for doing the same shows how thick he is. If I was Fenlon I pull him aside give him a strern talking to and warn him any repeat will result in a heavy fine.

I think you have the last bit wrong too it should read bang average players on a very decent wage. When most of these players leave hibs the only way is down they may then discover what a bang average wage is.

Sammy7nil
08-01-2012, 09:21 PM

Yeah that would help the players abusing the fans when the majority of fans are not at fault.

Leigh Griffiths acted like a petulant child the fact he has just served a ban for doing the same shows how thick he is. If I was Fenlon I pull him aside give him a strern talking to and warn him any repeat will result in a heavy fine.

I think you have the last bit wrong too it should read bang average players on a very decent wage. When most of these players leave hibs the only way is down they may then discover what a bang average wage is.

Sammy7nil
08-01-2012, 09:25 PM

Albion Hibs
08-01-2012, 09:31 PM

Why are you bringing the majority of fans into it? He gave something back to someone, or a group that had a go at him, where did i say he should abuse the majority of fans? To me it looked like he picked out the ones that were having a go at him / the team and had a go at them.

If I was Fenlon I would be more than happy that my players were sticking up for one another.

As for the wages bit it is not secret that as a club we have a strict wage policy and as a league we dont compete, therefore I would say that in footballing terms it is fair to say the wage is bang average. What they do when they leave hibs is irrelevant to both the point I was making and to me.

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2012, 09:41 PM

:agree: Regardless of the circumstances.

Sammy7nil
08-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Why are you bringing the majority of fans into it? He gave something back to someone, or a group that had a go at him, where did i say he should abuse the majority of fans? To me it looked like he picked out the ones that were having a go at him / the team and had a go at them.

If I was Fenlon I would be more than happy that my players were sticking up for one another.

As for the wages bit it is not secret that as a club we have a strict wage policy and as a league we dont compete, therefore I would say that in footballing terms it is fair to say the wage is bang average. What they do when they leave hibs is irrelevant to both the point I was making and to me.

A Bang average wage is 25k all of the hibs team yesterday will be on more.
Hibs pay more than most other SPL clubs something the accounts prove.

Leigh was not sticking up for his teams mates he was being a twat, and one who could have and may yet pick up another ban. How you had any idea who he was directing his insult at is beyond me.

The Hibs squad is far worse than BANG average confirmed by the league table and I can assure you Hart Griffiths Hanlon O'Hanlon GOC etc etc will be on far more than the average wage,

Albion Hibs
08-01-2012, 10:14 PM
A Bang average wage is 25k all of the hibs team yesterday will be on more.
Hibs pay more than most other SPL clubs something the accounts prove.

Leigh was not sticking up for his teams mates he was being a twat, and one who could have and may yet pick up another ban. How you had any idea who he was directing his insult at is beyond me.

The Hibs squad is far worse than BANG average confirmed by the league table and I can assure you Hart Griffiths Hanlon O'Hanlon GOC etc etc will be on far more than the average wage,

You stated he was having a go at the majority of fans, when did he do this. I was there with four other people, he did not abuse any of us, did he abuse you when you were standing there?

25k is not an average wage for a footballer is it?

I am bored of hearing about our wage bill, one thing is a fact, you will never KNOW what any player is on. I would also assume our wage cost covers the fact we have a bigger than most hospitality section at Easter Road and a training centre to run. Dont overlook these facts when you chuck about the wage bill thing. Even more so when you are talking about an average wage of 25k, is that what these accounts that you are refering to show?

I would suggest first and foremost he was sticking up for himself. If anything i hope that the pish level of support our team gets off some sections of our "fan" base brings them closer together as a team.

Put it this was do you think because you pay £15 you have the right to verbally abuse someone? Do you think your £15 gives you the right to speak to someone in a way that you would not accept being spoken to yourself. Is this a right you feel you have reserved to you for your ticket price?

Sammy7nil
08-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Never at anytime did I say it was acceptable to abuse Hibs players. Griffiths acted like a twat and was wrong 2 wrongs do not makea right.

I have no idea who Griffiths directed his insult at and neither do you, what i do know is it was in the direction of his fans.

I believe the accounts are broken down and the total wage bill are detailed in the breakdown this amount is greater then the majority of the SPL teams.

No idea what the average wage for an SPL footballer is I know Hibs players are paid above the average.

As I said a BANG average wage is 25k a year in the workplace all of this squad will be on more their performance to date falls well short of bang average. I think it is best they concentrate on their performance rather than abusing one or how ever many of their fans.

To say more Hibs players should be doing the same is just very silly indeed.

Albion Hibs
08-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Never at anytime did I say it was acceptable to abuse Hibs players. Griffiths acted like a twat and was wrong 2 wrongs do not makea right.

But the fans are not? He should just take it? Is that part of what his super +25k means he has to do?

I have no idea who Griffiths directed his insult at and neither do you, what i do know is it was in the direction of his fans.

He was directing his insult to people standing to the left of the cameras, so yes I do know that, exactly who, no I dont know. But the point was IT WAS NOT THE MAJORTIY of fans, something you incorrectly stated.

I believe the accounts are broken down and the total wage bill are detailed in the breakdown this amount is greater then the majority of the SPL teams.

Alas, if we have a bigger infrastucture, as we do, we will have a bigger non-playing overhead, would you not agree? As you have said above that will cover directors, players down to catering and groundstaff at east mains.

No idea what the average wage for an SPL footballer is I know Hibs players are paid above the average.

No you dont. You just assume they are. If you do please provide me with the information that shows our average player wage against the rest of the wages in the league.

As I said a BANG average wage is 25k a year in the workplace all of this squad will be on more their performance to date falls well short of bang average. I think it is best they concentrate on their performance rather than abusing one or how ever many of their fans.

No. What you did is compare a footballers wage to what looks like around the national average, it is apples and pears, and a silly statement in a failed attempt to try and prove some sort of point. As I said before, the national average wage is not realated to my initial point or this current debate.

To say more Hibs players should be doing the same is just very silly indeed.

You talk utter nonsense in your defence of anything that is negative against Hibs, it is tragic.

I Love Lamp
08-01-2012, 10:43 PM
They'd be better not reading it for sure, but unprofessional? :hilarious

Aye, went a bit far there, apologies lads. I think that when a team's doing badly it's important that fans have a place to vent and it would be good if people did this on here whilst trying to offer more positivity and encouragement at the games. They should listen to the criticism that their coaches and managers have for them but beyond that they should try to blank it out as much as possible to get their heads right for games. There'll always be negativity at a time like this but it's not a good idea for players to go looking for more and, to be honest, I'd be surprised if many of them did.

The main point is that I don't think posting something on a forum, even excessively or irrationally negative, can be said to be a failure to get behind or support the team. The best place from which to give positive support is from the stands.

Sammy7nil
08-01-2012, 10:55 PM
You talk utter nonsense in your defence of anything that is negative against Hibs, it is tragic.

WOW ! all I can say is sorry I upset you.

I cannot verify wages neither can you but you seem to assume you know more.

As for the utter Nonsense suggesting more Hibs players should copy Griffiths is imvho is quite ASTONISHING NONSENSE considering he has already been banned for doing the same.

It must be great living in a wee bubble were you can judge others views as nonsense thinking you are talking sense !!!!

Hey ho lucky your not the posting policeman. :greengrin I am happy with my nonsense.

silverhibee
08-01-2012, 11:12 PM
If my companies clients had a forum discussing what they though of me and my colleagues performance then I would read it. It'd be difficult not to. There must be a few players that post on here as well.

I am sure most of the team read.net but are not allowed to post on it, anything said on here will be taking with a pinch of salt from the players, after all they are football players playing the dream and playing football every weekend, what are we doing, bitching on here because we never made it as a footballer, but know it all supposedly. :wink: :greengrin

Bad Martini
09-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Fact. Us stupid ***** PAY THEIR wages.

True.they don't deserve to be getting personal abuse and some "fans" are ****ers.

Also true; we've been Pish for months and these ****ers STILL get paid regardless. Guess what. Respect is ****ingwell earned. The first move (given us dafties continue to pay in to fund the players who frankly have done **** all to deserve it for months) can come from them.

Some respect for the shirt. And the hand that feeds them. THEN they can hurl abuse as us without come back.

Second ****ing bottom and narrowly beating second division Pish isn't ****ing end of our rainbow our oor great club.

ENDOF

Northernhibee
09-01-2012, 04:52 AM
Fact. Us stupid ***** PAY THEIR wages.

Nah, unless you're the 'tache or STF.

hibbill2002
09-01-2012, 06:12 AM
Apparently it was aimed at a Sunday Mail reporter.:stirrer:

I thought the players prefer playing away, they don't get moaned at in those games I was told. I'm confused?

He got caught playing away, I dont think his burds too happy with him.
Probably why he is beng a bit sensitive at the minute.

basehibby
09-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Most competitors, no matter what level, are affected by the crowds either positively or negatively. Anyone who has taken part at a decent level will tell you that it is no different, in fact, the higher the level the more competitive the individual. There are exceptions, of course, but generally speaking folk get hurt by verbal abuse particularly from those that you are expecting to be on your side.

:agree: and there's no doubt in my mind that many players will go into their shell and/or make mistakes through trying too hard when consistently subjected to abuse from their home crowd. Nish is a case in point - never a world beater but started off as a decent contributor who you would expect maybe a dozen goals and a bunch of assists from over the course of a season - left Hibs at a low ebb, barely able to put a foot right - largely thanks to the erseholes in the Hibs support who made up their minds and henceforth would never give him a chance IMO.

I can't help looking at those whose natural inclination is to boo the minute things start to go against us as nothing but morons - and lilly livered morons at that. This is demonstrable by their tendency to press the panic button and chuck the toys out the pram at the first opportunity - not the sort of people I'd want next to me in a scrap that's for sure! But that's what we are in - a relegation scrap - and I would therefore urge all my fellow Hibees to speak up and leave these idiots in no uncertainty as to the damage they are doing. It is our right to do so as such fools not only spoli the enjoyment of thoses around them but are also impacting negatively on our team's battle against relegation.

Hibs07p
09-01-2012, 08:12 AM
I really don't see what the problem is here? If we, as Hibs supporters go to a game to support our team, and any player who has been abused, decides to give the abusive support a GIRFUY, fair do's. If you can't take it, don't give it. If I have never abused that player, whilst he is carrying out his footballing duties, on my / our behalf, I know, that his "retalliation" is not directed at me, but at the abusers. He isn't giving a GIRFUY to all our supporters, just the abusers. What is so wrong about that?
GGTTH

RIP
09-01-2012, 10:23 AM
:agree: and there's no doubt in my mind that many players will go into their shell and/or make mistakes through trying too hard when consistently subjected to abuse from their home crowd. Nish is a case in point - never a world beater but started off as a decent contributor who you would expect maybe a dozen goals and a bunch of assists from over the course of a season - left Hibs at a low ebb, barely able to put a foot right - largely thanks to the erseholes in the Hibs support who made up their minds and henceforth would never give him a chance IMO.

I can't help looking at those whose natural inclination is to boo the minute things start to go against us as nothing but morons - and lilly livered morons at that. This is demonstrable by their tendency to press the panic button and chuck the toys out the pram at the first opportunity - not the sort of people I'd want next to me in a scrap that's for sure! But that's what we are in - a relegation scrap - and I would therefore urge all my fellow Hibees to speak up and leave these idiots in no uncertainty as to the damage they are doing. It is our right to do so as such fools not only spoli the enjoyment of thoses around them but are also impacting negatively on our team's battle against relegation.

:top marks

People who repeatedly boo or abuse our players are no more a Hibs Supporter than a Yam

HibeeEmma
09-01-2012, 11:16 AM
IMO as a professional footballer and role model, he shouldn't have issued gestures or been mouthing words.

His goal should have been sufficient to say GTF to those giving criticism.

Sammy7nil
09-01-2012, 11:40 AM

While I dont disagree with much of you say and was not one who abused Nish at the games. I think the fact he looked like he was playing in my grndads slippers and could not stay on his feet when the ball came within 5yds of him did not help his case. Nish was his own worst enemy towards the end of his time at Hibs.

Andy74
09-01-2012, 12:10 PM
I think it was a bit OTT from Griffiths.

He's not been the subject of much criticism at all and if he has been to any extent then that's what goes with being part of a team that are almost bottom of the league.

I thought it showed a great deal of disrespect to the majority of Hibs fans who turned up in good numbers on a miserable day when there was every chance we'd get beat yet again.

Coming so soon after telling us he wouldn't be so daft again for gesturing to Rangers fans it wasn't the cleverest thing to do.

The players should be doing their bit in bringing the players and fans closer together, just as much as we should and should recognise that most of the criticism has been brought upon themesleves.

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2012, 06:14 PM
I think it was a bit OTT from Griffiths.

He's not been the subject of much criticism at all and if he has been to any extent then that's what goes with being part of a team that are almost bottom of the league.

I thought it showed a great deal of disrespect to the majority of Hibs fans who turned up in good numbers on a miserable day when there was every chance we'd get beat yet again.

Coming so soon after telling us he wouldn't be so daft again for gesturing to Rangers fans it wasn't the cleverest thing to do.

The players should be doing their bit in bringing the players and fans closer together, just as much as we should and should recognise that most of the criticism has been brought upon themesleves.

Agree with this, never actually noticed his GIRUY in real time. Was he receiving any stick prior to it?

The Green Goblin
10-01-2012, 06:23 PM
One or two threads saying that Griffiths is facing a 1 game ban for his gesture. Not a surprise is it, when he was banned previously for exactly the same thing? Should we still all just say, "ah well, he will miss a game, but still good to see a bit of fight" etc etc? I don't think so.

Time for him to grow up.

GG

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 06:26 PM

Are you still glad then? :rolleyes: